PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Perform as class skill (other than Apprentice) & PrC Bard questions

DEMON
2015-01-12, 06:40 PM
Besides the Apprentice (Entertainer) feat, is there any way, trough a feat, racial ability, trait, or some such, for a Beguiler to acquire Perform as class skill?

The goal is to qualify for the Prestige Bard PrC faster?

As a side note, do Prestige Bards qualify for Bardic ACFs by RAW? If not, would you allow it as a DM?

Troacctid
2015-01-12, 07:17 PM
Harper Mage, Loremaster, Hathran, and Shadowcraft Mage all have Perform as a class skill, advance spellcasting at 1st level, and are accessible to Beguilers. None of them get you to Prestige Bard at 6th level, but they can get you there before 14th.

If you're willing to lose a caster level, Human Paragon is an easy solution. 2/3 casting, gives you any class skill you like, and can be taken before 5th level. Exalted Arcanist is slower and clunkier to enter, but it synergizes well with Beguiler.

The Skill Knowledge feat is intended for use with an alternate skill system, but you can ask your DM to adapt it for a normal game.

DEMON
2015-01-13, 07:35 AM
Thank you very much for the suggestions.

While some of these are not an option for this particular character due to race/gender/alignment prereqs and the Skill Knowledge is not allowed in this game, you have pointed me in the right direction - easy access PrCs with Perform as class skill.

What book is Harper Mage from? I can't seem to find it in the PGtF.

sleepyphoenixx
2015-01-13, 07:50 AM
Dragontouched (DrM) and Draconic Heritage:Battle Dragon (RotD) not only get you perform as a class skill, they also turn your Dragonfire Inspiration to sonic damage (which is probably the best along with acid, since force is not a viable choice by RAW).

For (aerenal) elves there's also Aereni Focus (PGtE) which is basically Skill Focus that also makes it a class skill.

DEMON
2015-01-16, 03:48 PM
Nice catch sleepy!

Also, I happened upon these by chance: Cosmopolitan (FRCS), Aereni Focus (PgtE). Both feats allow you to pick a skill and make it a class skill for all your classes.