PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Building for fun. Things to improve upon.

unbutu
2015-01-12, 09:32 PM
I just wanted to share those combos, that are nothing new. I just want to discuss those and see what there is to be done with those ideas.

1) War-beast

Warpriest could make the natural weapons hurt and scale well. What are the good ways to get many natural attacks, multiattack and such ?

I know ranger 1 with natural weapon combat style can select Aspect of the beast. You got 2 claws right there. Catfolk give the same 2 claws without any dip.

That would make 2 attacks that scale very well (with weapon focus in claws to activate the Warpriest Sacred weapon) I'm wondering how to scale it up from there: How to get more primary attacks, ect.

Ofc, warpriest has access to the cleric spell list, wich has some good 'shapechange'' spells. That, with anything that increase the size would make it potent, maybe ?

---------------

2) Oracle-what ?

I'm trying to make the 3.5 shapeshifting druid live again. (A spellcaster that is also a better warrior.) The oracle seems to have an excellent base for this: With divine protection and sidestep secret, you already have high AC high saves only for your casting stat. You can put all your other points in STR and CON. Now, what to do with this ?

Oracle does not have any of the ''shapechange'' spells on his list. It would quickly get expensive to cast them with UMD. Well, 3/4 bab is not the worse... but it would still only be nice defenses without much offence. What to do with this guys.

TLDR: Oracle with Sidestep secret and Divine Protection has to be good ! How to make a good warrior that out-fighter ther fighter with it ?!

-----------

Snowbluff
2015-01-12, 09:40 PM
Juju oracles get Shapechange as a spell. If you are a Samsaran, you may add it to the oracle list.

While I am here, I want to build Gambit with that card throwing Magus thing. That would be funny.

TheIronGolem
2015-01-12, 09:47 PM
1) War-beast

Warpriest could make the natural weapons hurt and scale well. What are the good ways to get many natural attacks, multiattack and such ?

Synthesist, or Mr. Hyde Alchemist

unbutu
2015-01-12, 09:55 PM

It would need to be in very few levels for this to work, in order to get many warpriest levels.

unbutu
2015-01-12, 09:58 PM
Juju oracles get Shapechange as a spell. If you are a Samsaran, you may add it to the oracle list.

Was not talking about the 9th level spell, but all this group of spell that is included in it. (Beast shape, elemental body, giant form, ect)

Samsaran could be the trick, yeah.

(Un)Inspired
2015-01-12, 10:05 PM
Throw the noble scion feat into your oracle for Cha to initiative and cast maximized Holy Ice weapons while worshipping a god whose favorite weapon is great sword for a huge damage buff.

As Snowbluff said, Samsaran is the was to CODzilla in pathfinder with the O now standing for oracle. Grab that litany damage buff spell, holy sword from paladins, then use typical cleric buffs and you fight waaaaay better than the fighter.

grarrrg
2015-01-12, 10:08 PM
1) War-beast

I know ranger 1 with natural weapon combat style can select Aspect of the beast. You got 2 claws right there. Catfolk give the same 2 claws without any dip.

That would make 2 attacks that scale very well (with weapon focus in claws to activate the Warpriest Sacred weapon) I'm wondering how to scale it up from there: How to get more primary attacks, ect.

Short answer: Good idea, I've had it myself, but it won't really work out that well unless you are doing a Gestalt game.

The main issue is that there are precious few ways to get multiples of the SAME Natural Attack. And you cannot attack multiple times with the same limb (even if you can gain 6 claw attacks, you'll still only have 2 arms which limits you to 2 claw attacks).
While there are a variety of ways to add different Natural attacks, you would need to take Weapon Focus a LOT of times, once for each weapon-type.

You'd want most of your levels in Warpriest to boost the damage, so a way to get Permanent, or at least long-duration Natural Attacks is a priority.
Ranger 2* for the claws is a good start, as is one of the many races that has Claws to begin with.
Eldritch Heritage>Dragon would get you -character- level scaling Claws, but takes 2 feats, and you're already burning a few feats on Weapon Focus.

Race-wise, Tengu and Lizardfolk can start with Bite/Claw/Claw, but let's skip straight to the two best options:
Trox (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/more-races/monstrous-races-21-30-rp/trox-28-rp) have 4 arms. All you'd need to do is add 2 pairs of Claws and you're set with just 1 Weapon Focus. But the race is absurdly expensive in RP, and so some DM's will say no, or sit you with some type of additional penalty.
Which brings us to Ragebred Skinwalkers. They can gain TWO Hoof attacks a few times per day, throw on 2 levels of Ranger, and you're up to 4 solid attacks with Sacred Weapon bonus.

(http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/more-races/standard-races-1-10-rp/skinwalkers-10-rp#TOC-Wereboar-Kin-Ragebred-)*You need 2 levels of Ranger to get access to Aspect of the Beast, as you must actually have a class feature before you want use it as a pre-req.

Synthesist/Warpriest is not very synergistic normally, and you want high levels of both: Summoner for Max Natural Attack limit (and/or just adding Arms to hold Daggers or something), and Warpriest for higher Sacred damage. Unless you are doing Gestalt, this won't be worth the trouble.

Alchemist will only get you a standard Bite/Claw/Claw, which are the easiest to get anyway.

avr
2015-01-12, 10:29 PM
I just wanted to share those combos, that are nothing new. I just want to discuss those and see what there is to be done with those ideas.

1) War-beast

A tengu with the clawed trait isn't a bad place to start, given you'll be replacing the claw damage die anyway. Any of several skinwalker types could do.

You're looking at the sacred fist archetype and thinking about Feral Combat Training, right?

2) Oracle-what ?

I'm trying to make the 3.5 shapeshifting druid live again. (A spellcaster that is also a better warrior.) The oracle seems to have an excellent base for this: With divine protection and sidestep secret, you already have high AC high saves only for your casting stat. You can put all your other points in STR and CON. Now, what to do with this ?

Oracle does not have any of the ''shapechange'' spells on his list. It would quickly get expensive to cast them with UMD. Well, 3/4 bab is not the worse... but it would still only be nice defenses without much offence. What to do with this guys.

TLDR: Oracle with Sidestep secret and Divine Protection has to be good ! How to make a good warrior that out-fighter ther fighter with it ?!

-----------
I think you want the lunar mystery. Prophetic armor, form of the beast & gift of claw and horn should make an effective natural attacker.

Though, you know, a PF druid with the nature fang archetype and the animal soul feat is a reasonable CoDzilla.