PDA

View Full Version : campaign advise

True believer
2015-01-12, 11:45 PM
So i am currently DMing a bunch of players that love to play heavily RP, divine related campaigns. A friend of mine mentioned me about a campaign that plays as a player with theme : The resurrection of the Dead three (bane , bhaal and Myrcul), and i find it really interesting.

So my question is : is there any ready campaign that has this theme ???

I would like to use it to get some ideas about how to connect it with my current story !!

Ty ;)

Sian
2015-01-13, 07:26 AM
well, for starters Bane, Bhaal and Myrkul is all from Forgotten Realms, and i seem to remember some old AD&D adventure paths exploring this exact idea

atemu1234
2015-01-13, 07:55 AM
well, for starters Bane, Bhaal and Myrkul is all from Forgotten Realms, and i seem to remember some old AD&D adventure paths exploring this exact idea

Therein, conversion may alter the CR for the group, but maybe. I'll look into my collection, but I don't have much AD&D stuff :smallfrown:.

True believer
2015-01-13, 12:53 PM
Therein, conversion may alter the CR for the group, but maybe. I'll look into my collection, but I don't have much AD&D stuff :smallfrown:.

Ty dear sir :D

Vhaidara
2015-01-13, 01:07 PM
Well, if you've ever heard of the game Baldur's Gate, that goes fairly deep into resurrecting Bhaal.

In a similar vein, Myrkul plays a sizable role in Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer.

Both are excellent games in my opinion, and could serve as significant inspiration.

LoyalPaladin
2015-01-13, 01:54 PM
Well, if you've ever heard of the game Baldur's Gate, that goes fairly deep into resurrecting Bhaal.
I'm playing the Baldur's Gate campaign right now and we definitely get our fill of Bhaal and his spawn.

Remember: "When Bhaal starts a walkin', Torm comes a knockin'."

jedipotter
2015-01-13, 06:51 PM
theme : The resurrection of the Dead three (bane , bhaal and Myrcul), and i find it really interesting.

Well, Bane already came back officially, in the Forgotten Realms.

I did a nice year long plot where Bane brought back Myrkul. After a TPK, all the players rolled up evil, Bane worshiping characters. They did some typical evil serve the church type of adventures. Then they started to notice a lot of corruption in the church. Lots of evil folks doing things just for themselves and not for Bane. And lots of weak leaders-in-name-only. They struck out against them, slowly at first in the shadows, and then got more aggressive. They quickly learned Bane was on their side, and then started a unholy war against all the ones that were wrong. Once they cleared out the faith, they went to establish their own temple and religious right.

As they approached 20th level they got the idea of ''becoming gods'', by using the Bane short cut of: Kill a god. They increased their power until they were sure it was right, and then picked a target: Afflux the undead god. It was a spectacular battle....and TPK for the group. But it distracted and weakened Afflux just enough that Bane was able to swoop in and destroy Afflux and re-create Myrkul. The group wall went to Acheron and Banes Fortress after they died. And he made them all proxies, and said their assistance was adequate. And they existed unholy ever after. And Myrkul is now back.