PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next 11 New Magic Weapons for your 5e Game

JamesIntrocaso
2015-01-13, 09:01 AM
Hey all, I made some weapons for my homebrew campaign world. Take a look and let me know what you think! http://worldbuilderblog.me/2015/01/13/magic-weapons/

Starsinger
2015-01-13, 09:40 PM
Those are some really nice toys. I will definitely be putting some of those in upcoming treasure hoards.

JamesIntrocaso
2015-01-13, 09:42 PM
Those are some really nice toys. I will definitely be putting some of those in upcoming treasure hoards.

That is the greatest compliment a DM can give to another. Thanks for the feedback!

Kryx
2015-01-14, 02:50 PM
I was really hoping to see some uncommon magic items that were unique and not just +s. Mostly rare and above, sad. :(

JamesIntrocaso
2015-01-14, 03:05 PM
I was really hoping to see some uncommon magic items that were unique and not just +s. Mostly rare and above, sad. :(

Sorry to disappoint. The uncommon power level for a weapon is difficult to sus out since it should be equivalent to a +1 weapon ya know? I'll be putting out more in the future so I'll keep you in mind when I do Kryx! Any special weapons you'd like to see?

Kryx
2015-01-14, 03:58 PM
Sorry to disappoint. The uncommon power level for a weapon is difficult to sus out since it should be equivalent to a +1 weapon ya know? I'll be putting out more in the future so I'll keep you in mind when I do Kryx! Any special weapons you'd like to see?

No worries - I didn't mean to make you feel obligated. I just hope there are more exciting weapons on the horizon.
I'd love to see a hand crossbow for a PC of mine. Maybe other popular items like Short Sword/Rapier, Greatsword, Halbred.

Though to be fair I could just take some of your items and scale them down.
For instance Angel's Call could be a magical halbred (no pluses) that sheds light as you outline, but also has 3 charges of bless every day. Bless = add a d4 to an attack roll or saving throw.