PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Finding a Demon

Draco_Lord
2015-01-13, 10:16 AM
So I've been making a campaign for my players that involves them defeating a Demon Lord, fighting people possessed by demons, and so on and so forth with demons. So by now they are used to demons.

The problem is they have managed to go in the completely wrong direction from what I had planned out, while this isn't bad, I'm finding myself a little stuck. Normally I find a demon and then write the situation around it. But this time I had to write out the place and I am now trying to work in the demon, which is turning out to be much harder since I don't have a good memory for the lore of different creatures.

Where they are now is a forest, a remote village in the center that does it's best to keep outsiders out, but luckily the party made some friends and has allowed to stay with them for a bit. What they will slowly learn is that the village is actually on top of a sealed demon, and was created with the task of keeping it that way, keeping others from finding out, in case someone would try to exploit it, and so on. The intent was that the demon is either something that I can have partly summoned, a sign that the sealing is weakening and give them something to fight while they figure this all out. Personally I kind of like the idea of just his head, or torso appearing, and then the full body appearing if they fail to seal him back up. And for him to be the kind of demon that like to destroy everything around him, or is focused on corrupting nature.

Any help would be appreciated. I am running this in Pathfinder, but since I've made the world, the monsters can be from anywhere, so long as I can covert it to that system without too much trouble.

LoyalPaladin
2015-01-13, 10:58 AM
I think there was a setting floating around with a village surviving off the tarrasque... I'll see if I can dig it up. You could retrofit it to be them thriving off the "regenerating" demon. Make the villagers all subtly tieflingish.

Edit:
I found it. (http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?261519-D-amp-Dish-The-city-built-around-the-tarrasque)

Draco_Lord
2015-01-13, 11:42 AM
That is really cool, and I actually like the concept. But sadly this village has been set up differently, and I don't think I can change them to fit this kind of narrative without some retconning, which I am not a fan of doing.

Though, I am going to use that idea if I have a chance to!

LoyalPaladin
2015-01-13, 12:02 PM
That is really cool, and I actually like the concept. But sadly this village has been set up differently, and I don't think I can change them to fit this kind of narrative without some retconning, which I am not a fan of doing.

Though, I am going to use that idea if I have a chance to!
I feel ya! I plan to run this soon actually. I've been prepping my players haha. Good luck in your endeavors.