PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Melee Cleric Optimization

Xcalber
2015-01-13, 03:23 PM
I've just started a new overpowered D&D campaign. I'm thinking of playing a human cleric with the stats: Str: 18, Dex 11, Con 16, Int 10, Wis, 18, Chr 18. I'm hoping to be more of a melee cleric although I don't really want to sacrifice and caster levels unless it's REALLY worth it. I'm planning to go the persist/divine metamagic route and I was just curious what you all think would be the best feats/prestige classes would be. Also I'm allowed to make use of any 3.0/3.5 book or rule. Thanks!

unbutu
2015-01-13, 03:33 PM
I can't help you personnally, I don't know much about 3.5. But if I did, I would not put much time into an answer since you don't seem to have even tried to google your subject. There's already sooooo much builds posted around the net for what your want.

Why don't you take the time to take a look. If, after that, you have questions and want to post a build, then you'll get much better suggestions.

Not trying to be rude, but your are just basically asking people to copy paste builds that are already on tons of other pages.

Here, you can use this one. It's complete and very good. What else would you like to know ? : http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Clericzilla_(3.5e_Optimized_Character_Build)

ZamielVanWeber
2015-01-13, 04:20 PM
Dweomerkeeper. Those buffs are nice, but if they are dispelled you are down a lot of resources. Supernatural spell fixes that nicely and, if you don't need some uses that day, enjoy your exp/costly focus/costly material component free spells. It is from the Complete Divine Web Enhancement.

Rebel7284
2015-01-13, 05:02 PM
Try something like:

Azurin Cloistered Cleric 3/Church Inquisitor 2/Dweomerkeeper 4/Sacred Exorcist 1/Contemplative 1/X 1/Dweomerkeeper +6/Y 2

Turn Essentia + Turn Undead = two turning pools to fuel DMM.

Deity Mystra
Feats:
1: Magical Training
Azurin: Extend Spell
3: Persistent Spell
6: DMM[Persistent Spell]
9: Initiate of Mystra
12: Extra Turning/Free
15: Extra Turning/Free
18: Extra Turning/Free

Silva Stormrage
2015-01-13, 05:04 PM
Try something like:

Azurin Cloistered Cleric 3/Church Inquisitor 2/Dweomerkeeper 4/Sacred Exorcist 1/Contemplative 1/X 1/Dweomerkeeper +6/Y 2

Turn Essentia + Turn Undead = two turning pools to fuel DMM.

Deity Mystra
Feats:
1: Magical Training
Azurin: Extend Spell
3: Persistent Spell
6: DMM[Persistent Spell]
9: Initiate of Mystra
12: Extra Turning/Free
15: Extra Turning/Free
18: Extra Turning/Free

DMM functions only with Turn/Rebuke Undead not any other variant turn pools.

Rebel7284
2015-01-13, 05:19 PM
DMM functions only with Turn/Rebuke Undead not any other variant turn pools.

In general this is true. However, specific triumphs general and both Turn Essentia and Rebuke Dragons specify that they can be used to power divine feats.

Edit: one can also dip Death Delver for a third pool, but that's a bit greedy IMO. :)