PDA

View Full Version : Half-Minotaur Goliath Size Increase

Regis_is_a_bro
2015-01-13, 03:24 PM
Ok, so I'm building a Half-Minotaur Goliath. I become large which increases my stats.

However, how much would the stats increase were I to get enlarge person cast on me with permanancy so that I become huge?

Thanks all.

torrasque666
2015-01-13, 03:29 PM
Obligatory clarification of "Monstrous Humanoid != Humanoid"

In any case, Enlarge Person specifies how it increases the stats in the spell text. Doesn't matter what size you're changing from/to, its always the same with Enlarge Person.

OldTrees1
2015-01-13, 03:32 PM
1) You do not qualify for Enlarge Person since you are a Monstrous Humanoid(because you are a goliath) not a Humanoid.
2) Enlarge Person always has the same +2 Str, -2 Dex when cast on a target that qualifies(you don't)
3) Mountain Rage changes your size to Large. So it is not worth looking into since you are already Large. (said since someone will mistakenly mention Mountain Rage)

torrasque666
2015-01-13, 03:33 PM
3) Mountain Rage changes your size to Large. So it is not worth looking into since you are already Large. (said since someone will mistakenly mention Mountain Rage)
Knew I was forgetting something.

OldTrees1
2015-01-13, 03:37 PM
However there is hope.
The 1st level Expansion psionic power can apply to Monstrous Humanoids and will increase your size by 1 category (always for +2Str, -2Dex or +6Str, -6Dex if you increase by 2 sizes[which would require a manifester level of 7+]).

Hiro Quester
2015-01-13, 03:42 PM
1) You do not qualify for Enlarge Person since you are a Monstrous Humanoid(because you are a goliath) not a Humanoid.

And furthermore, multiple effects that increase size don't stack. (The Enlarge Person spell description says it explicitly.) So if Mountain Rage increases your size to Large, you couldn't have it increased further, even if you were Humanoid.

Which you aren't.

Rebel7284
2015-01-13, 03:44 PM
However there is hope.
The 1st level Expansion psionic power can apply to Monstrous Humanoids and will increase your size by 1 category (always for +2Str, -2Dex or +6Str, -6Dex if you increase by 2 sizes[which would require a manifester level of 7+]).

This is a pretty amusing build. Ardent probably does this approach best, but psychic warrior is nice too due to the extra feats.

black-jack
2015-01-13, 06:59 PM

Mountain Rage also has a sentence right after that that states you go up by one size category.

3) When he rages, his size category increases to Large. (Although his size category increases by one step, the goliath barbarian’s height only increases by a foot or so and his mass only increases by about 30–40%, so his equipment still fits normally.))

Guess it depends on which sentence the GM reads, but it could easily be interpreted either way.

defiantdan
2015-01-14, 06:40 AM
Since your dm is insane you might also look at the half-ogre template from the same dragon magazine. No LA for creatures that are large or larger size (acquired from your half-minotaur). If you change your base race to water orc and just grab strong arm bracers you can get just about the same stats for one LA less.

Barbarian Horde
2015-01-14, 07:44 PM
Your Half Minotaur provides plenty of strength(+12) at an LA of +1. Adding in Goliath, you don't gain any true benefit thats worth the +2 LA. I think that template was copied incorrectly from Dragon Magazine, and should be an +2 LA.

Rebel7284
2015-01-14, 07:45 PM
Your Half Minotaur provides plenty of strength(+12) at an LA of +1. Adding in Goliath, you don't gain any true benefit thats worth the +2 LA. I think that template was copied incorrectly from Dragon Magazine, and should be an +2 LA.

I think the best and fairest fix for that is to ignore the "adjust for size as per monster manual" thing. They clearly weren't thinking.

Barbarian Horde
2015-01-14, 07:47 PM
As for the size, your moving from a medium character to a large. Treat your specials as a huge category though. Such as Grapple and Bullrush as per Pg. 56 in races in stone says to do.
While your at it Grab War Hulk Gain +20str by level 10, you dont need BAB. If your gonna be good at one thing, its going to be hitting one thing really, really hard.. Or you could do a Storm Trooper, improved trip, bullrush, knockback, dungeon crasher loop combo. Get your bullrushs into the 50s

Metahuman1
2015-01-14, 08:27 PM
You'll be Size Cat Large, and Powerful Build will have you treated as Size Cat Hugh for many things. If your tripping or Grappling or Bullsrushing, this will be awesome.

Curmudgeon
2015-01-15, 06:12 AM
Mountain Rage also has a sentence right after that that states you go up by one size category.
That sentence is in parentheses, and starts with "Although". If you're trying to decide which has greater significance, the answer seems obvious to me.