PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Ambitions (IC Thread)

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-13, 07:37 PM
Your current mission, as members of the Red Legion, has you assigned to a small Imperial Army on the outskirts of Ba'shara, an Earthen outpost. The local commander, Sir Estrin, has called you into the briefing tent to give you your next mission.

"We've hired you for a special mission. There's a series of watchtowers around Ba'shara, each of which is waiting to light a signal fire to announce our approach. Your target is the watchtower on Tolmen Hill." He points out the location on a crude map. "If you take out this watchtower without them signalling anyone, it won't matter if we trigger the watchtowers further south, as their signal won't be seen. There are at least a dozen soldiers manning the tower, though some go on patrol around the immediate area. The hard part will be the final approach, as the brush is clear from the tower base out to fifty feet. I recommend attacking at night, but you are the mercenaries, so do whatever you wish, just get the job done. Questions?"

The Bureau
2015-01-13, 09:41 PM
Your current mission, as members of the Red Legion, has you assigned to a small Imperial Army on the outskirts of Ba'shara, an Earthen outpost. The local commander, Sir Estrin, has called you into the briefing tent to give you your next mission.

"We've hired you for a special mission. There's a series of watchtowers around Ba'shara, each of which is waiting to light a signal fire to announce our approach. Your target is the watchtower on Tolmen Hill." He points out the location on a crude map. "If you take out this watchtower without them signalling anyone, it won't matter if we trigger the watchtowers further south, as their signal won't be seen. There are at least a dozen soldiers manning the tower, though some go on patrol around the immediate area. The hard part will be the final approach, as the brush is clear from the tower base out to fifty feet. I recommend attacking at night, but you are the mercenaries, so do whatever you wish, just get the job done. Questions?"

Alexi leans on the table, inspecting the map of the area. He grimaces at the mention of a stealthy mission, "Guess blowing the tower's out of the question then. What's the window?" With a cruel smile he glances back at the others. "Personally, I think we should scout the area, wait until nightfall, ambush the patrol and use them for intel on further numbers. Thoughts?"

Breitheamh
2015-01-13, 09:53 PM
The man in the corner, dressed all in black, shifts slightly. "I'm not a planner. I'm a doer," he says, picking some dirt from under his fingernail.

abadguy
2015-01-13, 10:16 PM
Yes, commander I do have some questions. Corporal Hartman of the Red Legion here, well met. I must say you run a tight ship here, a credit to your command ability and the discipline of your men.

Trying to improve from Indifferent to Friendly [roll0]

Do you know the timing of the patrols? What kind of soldiers are we facing? Dwarves? Orcs?

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-13, 10:36 PM
"The army moves in three days. The tower is ten miles down the road, so you should be able to reach it by nightfall easily. The makeup of the troops is unknown, but we believe they are dwarves. At least, the area was predominately dwarves before the revolt, so we have no reason to assume it has changed. We believe the rabble will not be patrolling very frequently."

Yael
2015-01-14, 04:12 AM
Soverliss nods. "Scouting at first seems fine enough, Corporate Soverliss Homilion, glad to meet, Sir Estrin. So, dwarves, eh? Tough guys. A straight fight won't do any well, strategy we need, especially if their numbers are in two digits. A night assault could work, indeed." She gives a step back and crosses her arms, with her eyes closed. "It isn't my style... but a job's a job..." She mumbles; then, she continues. "Is this... Watchtower located in a high ground? It should be. Besides the brushes, there must be some other way to get around this, even at night. I must add that I am not that good at... Hiding...

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-14, 06:43 AM
"It is located on the top of a small hill overlooking the main road here." He poitns out the road. "Any other questions?"

abadguy
2015-01-14, 09:48 PM
I think my questions are quite done here, thank you for your patience Commander. What remains is for us make preparations and plans, especially if we are going in quietly. What would really help us greatly is any maps you have made of the approach to the watchtower and perhaps even a layout of the watchtower? These would increase the chance of success of this mission and ensure a successful attack with minimal casualties of your men.

Do your quartermasters have any camouflage paint, boot polish or armor dampers we can borrow?

DM, would we be roleplaying the approach? If so, a terrain map leading up to it would be great

Changing from Friendly to Helpful
[roll0]

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-14, 10:24 PM
"This map is among the best we have of the area. Unfortunately our maps are not what they should be." The map itself is not very well detailed. You think the road is in a pretty heavily forested area, but its hard to say with the map. "i'm unsure what the quartermaster has available, but they were supposed to organize some supplies for your journey."

You make your way to the quartermaster, who provides you with a sack of hardtack trail rations that have seen better days (20 days trail rations), along with five torches, two bundles of arrows (40 total), and fifty feet of hemp rope.

You will be roleplaying the approach, as it will largely determine if you get spotted or not and what happens. When you head out you will see the terrain.

Yael
2015-01-15, 12:15 AM
After recieving the supplies, Soverliss turns to Sergeant Alexi.

— "So, Sergeant, I assume we are not riding through the forest, right?", she says concerned about her horse. "I also could leave some of my stuff here, with my mount."
This is for lowering my encumbrance, of course. Every change will be added to my sheet, and weight inside "[ ]" will be considered to be in my horse's saddlebags.

abadguy
2015-01-15, 01:51 AM
Goder bows and says, "Thank you commander, we'll make our final preparations and proceed."

He turns to Soverliss "It does look like we'll be proceeding on foot Soverliss. If you don't mind, I would like to place my suit of armor with you as well."

((If Soverliss has no objections, Goder will proceed to remove his full plate and wear his chain shirt instead))

Breitheamh
2015-01-15, 10:56 AM
Without asking, Kereth drops his backpack on the ground by Soverliss' mount. From it, he takes out his silk rope, which he wraps from shoulder to hip, his caltrops, waterskin, tindertwigs, and two days worth of rations, which he puts in various pockets, and his smokesticks, which tucks into his belt. He drops four more days worth of trail rations in, as well as a bundle of arrows and a torch.

"Alright, are we all set? Let's get going."

The Bureau
2015-01-15, 08:37 PM
After the commanders last words Alexi nods and casually walks out, mind already at work. Once reaching the quartermaster's tent he straps his blast jacket and tightens the cords on his full arm gauntlet. Small rituals to put his mind at ease.

Whilst the last adjustments were made he wandered to the others as they prepared, hempen rope in hand and what remained of the rations in a satchel , ready in case any had changed their minds about the "quality" of their meal.

"He's right." Alexi says, nodding to the warrior who addressed Soverliss (at least he thought that was his name) "We'll move on foot, through the forest if time allows it. Best to stay unseen after all." He smirks, taking the black tangle upon his brow kindly known as hair and tying it back. "Now, it's best I ask before I forget. What are your names chaps? I like to know who I work with."

Breitheamh
2015-01-15, 09:16 PM
"Kereth," the man in black says tersely as he waxes his bowstring. "Do you prefer Alexi or Sgt. Alduac?"

abadguy
2015-01-15, 09:45 PM
Corporal Goder here, Sarge. Well met, Kereth. Travelling light seems like a good way to go.

Full plate stowed, he drops his backpack next to Kereth's, grabs a bundle of arrows provided by the quartermaster and retrieves various items, stowing them in the many pockets of his utility jacket. He slings his longbow and quiver, morningstar by his side and polearm in hand.

Longbow
40 Arrows
MW Guisarme
Morningstar
Waterskin
Ration x 2
MW Tools
1 x Thunderstone
1 x Tanglefoot Bag
1 x Alchemist Fire
1 x Acid Flask
1 x Torch
1 x F&S

Ready when you are boys. I suggest we set off soon if we want to keep to the forests and make it to the mission area by night fall.

Yael
2015-01-16, 04:44 AM
Soverliss finishes putting stuff into her horse, and proceeds to turn to her companions. "Introductions? Yeah, Soverliss Homilion, yours truly Elegant Corporal of the Red Legion. Nice to meet you, fellow comrades." She picks up her backpack and checks on her rapier, drawing it and putting it back. "Yeah, everything's fine. Your call, Sergeant." Soverliss leans her back on a wall, with her arms crossed.Not trying to copy on abadguy, but noting what I'm carrying seems a nice thing to have noted, so here's my list.

• [Equipped] Masterwork Rapier
• [Unequipped] Dagger x5
► Backpack.
◘ Flint and Steel
◘ Hempen Rope (50 ft.)
◘ Mithral Grappling Hook
◘ Rations, Trail (for 5 days)
◘ Waterskin
► Pouch, Belt (1)
◘ Antitoxin Vial (2 vials)
◘ Sunrod (4 rods)
► Pouch, Belt (2)
◘ Smokestick (x2 sticks)
◘ Tanglefoot Bag

J-H
2015-01-16, 08:52 AM
Xeones
A young soldier clad in chainmail jogs up, shield slung over one shoulder and a spear in his hand. "Private Xeones reporting, sorry I'm late sirs! I hear that we are supposed to capture or destroy a signal tower... I'm ready to go."

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-16, 07:41 PM
You gather your gear and head out to the edge of camp. A hastily constructed palisade has been built around it, clearing the light forest for a few hundred feet around it. A rough path leads out of the camp in several directions, one of them leads to the East, where the target watchtower is. From the map, you know the rough path leads to a more permanent road, which leads to the watchtower. The question is how to approach the tower. Do you take the road, head there over open country, or something else.

The Bureau
2015-01-16, 08:27 PM
"Call me what you want." Alexi smiles as he speaks, turning and chuckling slightly when Xeones jogged over. "No problem chap, just keep your head on a swivel in the field."

As the team headed out he lead the way towards the road, cutting into the (assumed) nearby forest. Heading far enough in to avoid the eyes of others Alexi stopped, calling for the others.

"Let's keep this quick, the basic plan is to observe the tower, wait for and ambush a patrol. Once that's done we'll gain as much information about the post from them as possible. When we have eyes on we can work on this a but more..." Alexi sniffs and wipes his nose on his own arm, looking at those around him.

"Hm, these guys and girl, better warriors, more experienced, must be careful, can't show myself up. Can't endanger them. Stress mounting, damn."

Yael
2015-01-17, 02:11 AM
"Sarge it is, then." Soverliss says with a smile.

After Alexi's call, Soverliss arrives at the edge of the camp, then follows Sarge's indications; thought Soverliss may resemble a rebel one, she kinda follows order at benefit. "Lead the way, Sarge."

abadguy
2015-01-17, 06:03 AM
Sounds like a plan. Let's start heading toward the tower but keeping to the trees.

((If moving in formation, Goder will try to stay in a central spot amongst the group.))

Breitheamh
2015-01-17, 08:42 AM
Without saying a word, Kereth speeds up and stays a bit ahead of the group, keeping his eyes and ears alert for any danger.

Kereth can move at least 10 feet faster per round, so he shouldn't have trouble keeping ahead when he wants to.

I'll throw Spot and Listen checks each round as well.
Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

J-H
2015-01-17, 10:23 AM
Xeones
Xeones stays near the front of the group, following behind their scout. He moves smoothly through the woods, albeit not silently thanks to his armor.

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-17, 07:45 PM
You join the main road fairly quickly, and cut into the forest to follow it. After about an hour you think you've made it almost halfway to the tower. Kereth's sharp eyes spy the top of the watchtower in the distance through gaps in the treecover. About the same time, Kereth and Xeones both hear something in the distance. It sounds like low pitched talking, at least three people.

Breitheamh
2015-01-17, 07:53 PM
As soon as he hears the sound, Kereth instinctively stops and drops low, holding a hand out behind him to signal the others to hold. "Psst!" he shushes his companions and pays very close attention.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Spot 2[roll2]
Listen [roll3]

Yael
2015-01-18, 12:56 AM
Upon hearing the scout's instruction, Soverliss roots in place, taking a second to identify the "why" of Kereth's sign.Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1] "What is it?" She whispers.

abadguy
2015-01-18, 02:32 AM
Goder quietly crouches, drawing his longbow, , hand hovering over his quiver.

He waits Kerath or Xenoes to report what they spotted while straining to hear what is being spoken

[roll0]

J-H
2015-01-18, 03:15 AM
Xeones

"Voices!" He hisses, as they crouch and pause to listen.

Yael
2015-01-18, 03:20 AM
Soverliss mimics her companions and crouches benind a brush or stands behind a tree; at the time, she places her hand over her rapier handle. "Where from?" The elf asks to Xeones in a very, very low tune; it was that low that she thought he wouldn't hear, but for the sake of not messing up, she won't repeat it.

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-18, 10:39 AM
You can't see anyone around you. The voices are definitely coming from ahead of you, though. There are at least three distinct voices, but there might be more, it is hard to tell at this distance. The forest distorts the sound too, so you can't tell how far ahead they are, but they seem to be staying in the same spot while they are talking.

Breitheamh
2015-01-18, 10:59 AM
Kereth holds his right hand up with three fingers out as he draws his bow with his left hand and moves quietly toward the source of the sound.

Taking a double move at half speed moving silently toward the voices

Move Silently 1[roll0] +5 = 17
Move Silently 2[roll1] +5 = 24
Edit: I knew I should have taken 10

abadguy
2015-01-19, 12:20 AM
Seeing Kerath move, Goder moves with him, staying about 30ft behind, his bow at the ready

[roll0]

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-19, 12:45 AM
A twig snaps under Kereth's foot, drawing the attention of an orc standing still as a stone near one of the trees. The orc levels a crossbow at Kereth, and says something in its gutteral language.

If you can read orcish:
"Hold there. Who are you and what is your business."

Please select your location on this map. Kereth, deploy to I-L everyone else to A-F
Map:
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm285/tigerus2004/Capture_zps07d63238.jpg (http://s299.photobucket.com/user/tigerus2004/media/Capture_zps07d63238.jpg.html)

Yael
2015-01-19, 05:42 AM
Soverliss understands the orc's speech. "Orcs? Weren't dwarves guarding? I guess that was kind of unaccurate information." Soverliss whispers to herself while tries to remain unseen by the orcs, either behind a tree or a brush.

Hide: [roll0] (ACP applied, added +5 bonus from Goder Hartman's Minor Aura, add any appropiate modifier for cover.)

She is located at D-10.Corporal Soverliss Holimion (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=76988)
Female Chaotic Neutral High Elf Swashbuckler 3, Level 3rd, Init +3, HP 26/26, Speed 30 feet
AC 16 (Touch 13, Flat-footed 13)
Fort +5, Ref +5, Will -1,
Base Attack Bonus +3, Action Points 1
Masterwork Rapier Tal Lasz (Swift Strike) +7 (1d6+3, 18-20/x2)
Nikym (Dagger) (5) +6 (Melee) / +6 (Melee) (1d4+3 / 1d4+3, 19-20/x2)
Masterwork Studded Leather Armor (+3 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 13, Dex 17, Con 15, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 10
Condition None

Breitheamh
2015-01-19, 08:32 AM
Kereth doesn't even hesitate. He knows what the orc said, but he's not in a talking mood. Thoughts race through his head, They are orcs. Orcs are the enemy. This is enemy controlled territory. If we tell them what we're doing, they will kill us or capture us. Unless we kill them first.

He sprints forward, fires off a quick shot at the orc who'd spoken, and then continues his movement right behind a tree, giving himself some cover.

Attack (+1 within 30 ft) [roll0] (crit confirm [roll1])
Damage (+1 within 30 ft) [roll2] (crit [roll3])
Skirmish [roll4]

I now have +1 to AC, for a total of 20.

Starting in L-3, moving to N-3, firing a shot, and then moving to K-2.

abadguy
2015-01-20, 01:55 AM
Seeing Xenoes fire at the orc, Goder also breaks from cover and moves into a better position to fire. Seeing an orc not covered by a tree, he shots at that one instead.

Move from 30ft F7 to L10
Attack Orc at V11 with Longbow [roll0]
If crit [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-20, 07:27 PM
Soverliss hides, hoping nobody has seen her.

Kereth fires at the orc who spoke, arrow whistling in true. As soon as he moved, though, the orc fired back. (attack vs AC [roll0] damage [roll1]). It strikes the orc in the bicep, a bleeding wound that looks pretty bad. The return shot barely scratches Kereth.

Another orc sends a bolt at Goder (attack vs AC [roll2] damage [roll3]), but the bolt misses wide.

The third forward orc first at Kereth as he runs around (attack vs AC [roll4] damage [roll5]), but the bolt goes very wide.

Note: Having trouble with my mapping tool. I will update the map after

Initiative:
Soverliss (23)
Crossbow Orcs (15) [the three most forward ones] [Forward most orc hit for 10 damange]
Kereth (15) [scratched for 1 damage]
Xeones (13) [delaying] <We are here>
Alduac (13)
Goder (8)
Camp Orcs (7) [the rest]

J-H
2015-01-21, 10:02 PM
Xeones
Xeones moves forward rapidly, lashing out with his spear to try to skewer one of the orcs.

Charge to P9.
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

If the orc reloads his crossbow (move action) I get an AOO.

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-23, 08:11 PM
Xeones rushes foreward and skewers the injured orc, bringinghim down.

(skipped Alduac until he posts, will remove him from the game and replace him if he doesn't post by end of this combat).

Goder fires at one of the orcs, landing a solid shot in his shoulder.

The orcs around the campfire take notice and head for the group. With Xeones being the only one in range, they launch a volley of javelins at him. Two hit, one badly in his side and the other through his bicep.

Map:
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm285/tigerus2004/imperial_zpsqxfustz8.png (http://s299.photobucket.com/user/tigerus2004/media/imperial_zpsqxfustz8.png.html)
Initiative:
Soverliss (23) <J4> <We are here>
Crossbow Orc 1 (15) <G18> State: Badly Injured (negative HP, sustained 14 damage)
Crossbow Orc 2 (15) <B21>
Crossbow Orc 3 (15) <K22> State: Injured (8 damage)
Kereth (15) <B11> 21/22 HP
Xeones (13) <I16> 7/27 HP
Alduac (13) No position yet
Goder (8) <J12>
Camp Orc 1 (7) <J23>
Camp Orc 2 (7) <G25>
Camp Orc 3 (7) <I29>
Camp Orc 4 (7) <K29>

Yael
2015-01-26, 01:18 AM
"I should look for a loner, there..." Says the elf as she rushes towards the enemy's side of the battlefield. "Careful with those archers though, target those first...!"

Soverliss double moves from J4 to F15.Corporal Soverliss Holimion (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=76988)
Female Chaotic Neutral High Elf Swashbuckler 3, Level 3rd, Init +3, HP 26/26, Speed 30 feet
Nikym (Dagger) (5) +6 (Melee) / +6 (Melee) (1d4+3 / 1d4+3, 19-20/x2)
Condition None

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-26, 08:42 PM
Soverliss moves up the field.

The two remaining crossbow orcs reload their crossbows.

Map:
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm285/tigerus2004/imperial_zpsjylvcznx.png (http://s299.photobucket.com/user/tigerus2004/media/imperial_zpsjylvcznx.png.html)
Initiative:
Soverliss (23) <F15>
Crossbow Orc 1 (15) <G18> State: Badly Injured (negative HP, sustained 14 damage)
Kereth (15) <B11> 21/22 HP <We are here>
Xeones (13) <I16> 7/27 HP
Goder (8) <J12>
Camp Orc 1 (7) <J23>
Camp Orc 2 (7) <G25>
Camp Orc 3 (7) <I29>
Camp Orc 4 (7) <K29>

Breitheamh
2015-01-26, 08:58 PM
Kereth dashes out from cover and looses a shot at another orc as he runs behind cover again in a different position on the battlefield.

Moving to E-16, firing a shot at the orc in B-21, then continuing move to G-16.

Attack [roll0] (crit confirm [roll1])
Damage [roll2] (crit [roll3]) Skirmish [roll4]

Edit: Man, that first roll really kinda messed the whole thing up.

J-H
2015-01-26, 10:26 PM
Xeones

Xeones dashes forward, seeking cover while trying to staunch the bleeding.

Move action: Healing surge [roll0] healing
Move action: Move to L21. I get AOOs on the two nearby orcs if they fire at me with ranged weapons, or if they move out of threatened squares. No Combat Reflexes, though...

abadguy
2015-01-27, 01:44 AM
Goder fires at the injured orc before moving near Kerath, whispering to him "There's more behind ... we need to close and finish them or they might report our movements."

Std: Attack injured orc at K22 [roll0] If crit [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Move: To H17

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-27, 07:31 PM
Kereth misses his shot as he runs around the battlefield.

Xeones removes the javelins from his side and arm, and hurries up the battlefield. His wounds are still painful, but he has recovered from the shock of the sudden assault.

Goder fires at the injured orc, but misses. He clusters with a few other party members, trying to push the assault.

Orc 2 charges Goder slicing with a massive axe ([roll0] [roll1]), hitting Goder.

Orc 3 moves closer, and looses another javelin, this time at Holimion. ([roll2] [roll3]), missing.

Orc 4 also moves closer, trying to flank Xeones. ([roll4] [roll5]), missing

Orc 1 delays, waiting.

Map:
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm285/tigerus2004/imperial_zpsvwsjpuil.png (http://s299.photobucket.com/user/tigerus2004/media/imperial_zpsvwsjpuil.png.html)
Initiative:
Soverliss (23) <F15> <We are here>
Camp Orc 1 (7) <J23> *delaying*
Kereth (15) <G16> 21/22 HP
Xeones (13) <L21> 19/27 HP *surge used*
Goder (8) <H17> Injured 9 damage (15/24)
Camp Orc 2 (7) <H18> *charged -2 AC
Camp Orc 3 (7) <F24>
Camp Orc 4 (7) <O24>

Yael
2015-01-28, 01:24 AM
"That one! Ranged support! High priority!" Says as she moves directly behind the tree where the lone orc that holds a crossbow sits; while on the move, Soverliss draws her dagger and when she reaches the branch, she throws it towards the orc that is literally sitting in the middle of the battlefield. "Unexpected attack is unexpected!"

Soverliss moves from F15 to B19; while in the move, Soverliss draws a dagger as a free action, and throws it to Camp Orc 3.Ranged Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Rolls [roll1]Attack Roll: [roll2]
Extra Damage Roll: [roll3]
-4 penalty because of a 35-ft. distance applies two range increments, hence a -4 penalty on the ranged attack roll.
In case of missing, percentaje roll of retrieving dagger [roll4]Corporal Soverliss Holimion (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=76988)
Nikym (Dagger) (4) +6 (Melee) / +6 (Melee) (1d4+3 / 1d4+3, 19-20/x2)
Condition None I don't really know if the "ammo missed or lost if you miss and destroyed if hits" applies to a thrown dagger, so I rolled just in case, if it doesn't apply, please tell me to don't forget to retrieve it if I hit xD

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-29, 07:45 PM
Soverliss misses with his dagger. The dagger's blade shatters as it hits a stone.

Crossbow Orc 3 takes a step back, hiding from Xeones behind a tree. He fires at Goder, but misses. He drops his crossbow.

Crossbow Orc 2 fires at Kereth, hitting him (5 damage)

Camp orc 1 steps forward into the space that the crossbow orc left, and slashes Xeones with his axe (9 damage)

Map:http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm285/tigerus2004/imperial_zpsxnxhpnrn.png (http://s299.photobucket.com/user/tigerus2004/media/imperial_zpsxnxhpnrn.png.html)

Initiative:
Soverliss (23) <F15>
Crossbow Orc 3 (15) <L23> State: Injured (8 damage)
Camp Orc 1 (7) <K22>
Kereth (15) <G16> 16/22 HP <We are here>
Xeones (13) <L21> 10/27 HP *surge used*
Goder (8) <H17> Injured 9 damage (15/24)
Camp Orc 2 (7) <H18> *charged -2 AC
Camp Orc 3 (7) <F24>
Camp Orc 4 (7) <O24>

J-H
2015-01-29, 08:45 PM
Xeones
Xeones stabs with his spear at the retreating orc, which leaves him out of position as another orc advances and nearly cuts through his chain mail, bruising his ribs badly. "Ah!"

He turns and strikes at the closer orc, using his shield to batter as his opponent and then stabbing with his spear

I get an AOO against the orc that moved (10' range with spears)
AOO attack [roll0]
AOO damage [roll1] + [roll2] sneak attack if applicable
Crits [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

Full attack with shield bash on the axe-wielding orc in K22.

Shield attack [roll6]
Shield damage [roll7]
Shield crits [roll8] [roll9]

Spear attack [roll10]
Spear damage [roll11]
Spear crits [roll12] [roll13]

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-29, 10:06 PM
Xeones
Xeones stabs with his spear at the retreating orc, which leaves him out of position as another orc advances and nearly cuts through his chain mail, bruising his ribs badly. "Ah!"

He turns and strikes at the closer orc, using his shield to batter as his opponent and then stabbing with his spear

I get an AOO against the orc that moved (10' range with spears)
AOO attack [roll0]
AOO damage [roll1] + [roll2] sneak attack if applicable
Crits [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

Full attack with shield bash on the axe-wielding orc in K22.

Shield attack [roll6]
Shield damage [roll7]
Shield crits [roll8] [roll9]

Spear attack [roll10]
Spear damage [roll11]
Spear crits [roll12] [roll13]

Both orc took b 5 ft steps. The crossbow orc fired under full cover.

abadguy
2015-01-29, 10:56 PM
So close I can smell his foul stench! cursed Goder silently as the pain of the orc's attack washes over him. Time I made sure that we're not to be trifled with.

He repositions himself before drawing his polearm and stabbing at the orc in front of him

5 ft step back to H16
Free action: Drop longbow
Move action: Draw Guirsame
Std: INTIMIDATING STRIKE!
Attack roll [roll0] not subtracting anything for this strike
If crit [roll1]
Dmg [roll2] (+3 str for 2-handed weapon, +1 knowledge devotion)
If hit, Intimidate check [roll3] vs Camp Orc 2 (1d20 + character level or Hit Dice + target’s Wisdom bonus [if any] + target’s modifiers on saves against fear)
If success, Camp Orc 2 will be shaken for rest of encounter

Breitheamh
2015-02-01, 09:21 AM
Kereth leaps out from cover just far enough to quickly get a clear shot at his target, and then dives back to cover.

Sorry about the wait, guys.
Moving to F-19, firing at B-21, then moving back to G-16.
Attack [roll0] (crit confirm [roll1])
Damage [roll2] (crit [roll3]) Skirmish [roll4]

tigerusthegreat
2015-02-02, 07:29 PM
Kereth shoots and hits the orc at B21. (8 damage)

Xeones is frustrated with the orc's careful maneuvers. They don't open up their defenses long enough for his spear to bite at either. The camp orc that faces him narrowly avoids his spear and shield.

Goder backs away from the orc he is fighting, and strikes out with his guirsame. The orc parries the blow with his axe.

Camp orc 2 steps forward Swinging the axe down at Goder. [roll0] damage[roll1] The blade rips open Goder's chest.

Camp orc 3 charges at Kereth, swinging his axe down. [roll2] damage [roll3] The blow opens a large gash on Kereth's shoulder.

Camp orc 4 maneuvers around the battlefield, avoiding Xeones' spear. Seeing his friend's succesful attacks he yells.

Language: Orcish to open
"Surrender or we will have no qualms of killing you. None raid the Black Fist."

Language: Orcish and Knowledge (Local) 25 to open:
The Black Fist is another local mercenary group. They usually work guarding merchant trains, and haven't done much actual work with either army.

Map:http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm285/tigerus2004/imperial_zps7q4gof6c.png (http://s299.photobucket.com/user/tigerus2004/media/imperial_zps7q4gof6c.png.html)
Initiative:
Soverliss (23) <F15> <We are here>
Crossbow Orc 2 (15) <B21> State: Injured (8 damage)
Crossbow Orc 3 (15) <L23> State: Injured (8 damage)
Camp Orc 1 (7) <K22>
Kereth (15) <G16> Badly Injured, 14 damage (8/22) HP
Xeones (13) <L21> Injured 17 damage (10/27) HP *surge used*
Goder (8) <H17> Critically Injured 20 damage (4/24) HP
Camp Orc 2 (7) <H17>
Camp Orc 3 (7) <F17> *charged -2 AC
Camp Orc 4 (7) <L14>

Yael
2015-02-03, 06:19 AM
"Who?" Soverliss asks herself as she rotates the tree to reach the orc from behind. With elegance and grace, she withdraws her sword as part of her move, and strikes the orc from the other side.

"Hey! Don't pretend you're not here!" She speaks to him in a poor orcish, attacking the orc that wields a crossbow.Soverliss draws her rapier as a move action, and takes a 5-foot step from B19 to A20. She then strikes Crossbow Orc 2 with her rapier.Melee Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]Attack Roll: [roll2]
Extra Damage Roll: [roll3]
Soverliss uses her Combat Expertise feat to substract 2 from the attack roll and adds it to her AC as a Dodge Bonus (already substracted from attack roll).Corporal Soverliss Holimion (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=76988)
AC 18 (Touch 15, Flat-footed 13)
Condition Fighting with Expertise.

tigerusthegreat
2015-02-03, 08:06 PM
Soverliss's rapier fails to penetrate the orc's leather armor.

Crossbow orc 2 drops his crossbow, and draws a short sword. He shoves it at Soverliss, clearly more trained with the crossbow ([roll0] damage [roll1]). He misses badly.

Crossbow orc 3 similarly drops his crossbow and draws a short sword. He attacks Xeones ([roll2] damage [roll3]). His sword clangs against Xeones' shield.

Camp orc 1 steps closer to Xeones and brings down his axe hard. ([roll4] damage [roll5]) The axe blade opens up Xeones' chest, and he crumples to the ground.

Map:
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm285/tigerus2004/imperial_zpszabdlzdj.png (http://s299.photobucket.com/user/tigerus2004/media/imperial_zpszabdlzdj.png.html)

Initiative:
Soverliss (23) <F15>
Crossbow Orc 2 (15) <B21> State: Injured (8 damage)
Crossbow Orc 3 (15) <M22> State: Injured (8 damage)
Camp Orc 1 (7) <K21>
Kereth (15) <G16> Badly Injured, 14 damage (8/22) HP <We are here>
Xeones (13) <L21> Dying 28 damage (-1/27) HP *surge used*
Goder (8) <H17> Critically Injured 20 damage (4/24) HP
Camp Orc 2 (7) <H17>
Camp Orc 3 (7) <F17> *charged -2 AC
Camp Orc 4 (7) <L14>

Breitheamh
2015-02-05, 10:27 AM
Seeing his corporal continue the fight, Kereth rebounds with renewed vigor and acrobatically maneuvers across the battlefield. However, his movement causes the shot he fires off to miss it's mark, and he continues around to regroup with Soverliss.

Tumble Move to F-15 to avoid attacks of opportunity
Camp Orc 3[roll0]
Camp Orc 2[roll1]
Continue movement at full speed (no tumbling) to B-18.
Use Action Point to gain extra Standard action
Attack Camp Orc 3 [roll2]:smallfurious::smallfurious: (crit confirm [roll3])
Damage [roll4] (crit [roll5]) Skirmish [roll6]
Then move to -A-21 (10 feet from Crossbow Orc 2)

abadguy
2015-02-06, 09:50 AM
Goder takes a step back, taking a moment to steel himself and recover his wounds before lashing out again at the orc in front of him

5 ft step to H15
Move action to healing surge (roll in OOC thread)
Std: INTIMIDATING STRIKE!
Attack roll [roll0] not subtracting anything for this strike
If crit [roll1]
Dmg [roll2] (+3 str for 2-handed weapon, +1 knowledge devotion)
If hit, Intimidate check [roll3] vs Camp Orc 2 (1d20 + character level or Hit Dice + target’s Wisdom bonus [if any] + target’s modifiers on saves against fear)
If success, Camp Orc 2 will be shaken for rest of encounter

tigerusthegreat
2015-02-06, 11:49 PM
Goder and Kereth both fail to land blows, and Xeones continues to bleed out.

"You surrender, or we kill all you." One of the orcs yells in pretty horrible common. The rest wait, ready to strike, but giving you the opportunity to surrender. "You bandits, but we fight with honor. You surrender, we treat your wounded. Let Boss Grinwal decide what do with you."

Yael
2015-02-08, 07:16 AM
Soverliss understands the orc's speech, she turns her eyes to her companions that are badly injured, then she takes a breath and steps back. "We shall halt this, we both sides put down our weaponry and we speak!" Soverliss thinks fast and speaks in Orc, she won't have any of her companions die at their very first mision, being a loner doesn't mean she meant harm for the others. As she speaks, she puts away her sword from a fighting position.Soverliss takes a 5-foot step from A20 to A19, she withdraws her rapier as a Move Action and tries to apply Diplomacy.
Diplomacy roll: [roll0]
(Note that the diplomacy roll usually takes one minute or more, she isn't hurrying though, so no -10.)Corporal Soverliss Holimion (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=76988)
Condition Diplomacy. Had to happen...

Breitheamh
2015-02-08, 08:54 AM
Seeing his CO stand down, Kereth reluctantly lowers his bow and places an arrow back in his quiver.

"Pffft, honor. Please. We're in the middle of a ****ing war," he mutters under his breath.

Rolling to see which of my missed arrows are still usable.
Above 50 is still usable
Arrow 1 [roll0]
Arrow 2 [roll1]
Boy, we have no luck in this fight.

tigerusthegreat
2015-02-08, 12:56 PM
"You attack us, why we trust you?" The other orc slowly back off, and one checks the wounded orc, but shakes his head. That orc is clearly dead.

abadguy
2015-02-08, 10:06 PM
Goder steps forward, bleeding, but bows. "Thank you for showing us mercy, honourable warriors. We apologise in advance for attacking first but we are what remains of a company of mercenaries. We were attacked by an unknown group just shortly before we ran into your troop - we weren't sure if you were part of that group so ... better to go down fighting than hiding from our enemies." ((Bluff [roll0]))

"I am Corporal Goder of the Red Legion. You and your men seem to be swords for hire as well. Well met, which group are you from? The skills and teamwork of your men bring honour to your company." ((Diplomacy [roll1]))

tigerusthegreat
2015-02-09, 09:37 PM
"Neither side pay us enough yet. We hear of Red Legion, but we thought you be stronger." The orc says. Two of them begin to carry off the dead orc towards the campfire, while others retrieve their javelins and other dropped weapons. "Even with war, merchants need guards."

Yael
2015-02-10, 02:52 AM
Soverliss sheathes her rapier and walks towards her wounded companion, while on the way, she stops at the orc that was talking to Goder, and she introduces herself. "Corporal Soverliss Homilion, I apologize for your loss. She then looks at the orcs and salutes with her right hand, placing it at her chest and leans towards the orcs.

abadguy
2015-02-11, 09:12 PM
Could you let us go on our own way then? We will attend to our own wounded. We simply ask to bypass your camp and proceed beyond. Our enemies, whoever they may be, might be catching up to us. ((Diplomacy [roll0]))

Goder proceeds to pick up the unconscious Xenoes.

tigerusthegreat
2015-02-11, 09:24 PM
(FYI he's still bleeding to death).

"We had no quarrel with you. Be on your way."

abadguy
2015-02-12, 02:40 AM
Thank you. Good hunting to you and yours.

Goder sets Xenoes against a tree and attempts to staunch his bleeding.

Just gonna roll a bunch of Heal checks here. Hopefully one hits, or Xenoes can auto-stabilise.

Heal [roll0]
Heal [roll1]
Heal [roll2]
Heal [roll3]
Heal [roll4]

Starbuck_II
2015-02-12, 09:28 AM
"What the blazes is going on here?"

A dark blue colored being around 4 foot walks over scanning at all the bloodshed. His cloak trails behind him as he walks obscuring his foot prints as of he was never there.

He stops when he spots the Red Legion crew. "What is with the battle? Looking to steal my friend's loot?"

abadguy
2015-02-12, 10:47 PM
Goder breathes a sigh of relief when Xenoes' bleeding stopped despite his amateur ministrations.

Kereth, Soveliss, to me chaps, he calls out, signalling to the remainder of his troop.

Firstly, where in blue blazes was the sarge and ... Goder spots the stout dwarf emerging from the foliage. He immediately draws his morningstar. And who the hell are you?!

tigerusthegreat
2015-02-12, 11:19 PM
Xeones recovers [roll0] HP and wakes up.

Breitheamh
2015-02-13, 07:36 AM
Kereth stands off to one side, ashamed and silent. He waits for his Corporals to resolve this, hoping no one hates him for his error.

J-H
2015-02-13, 08:31 AM
Xeones
"What...what happened? Did we win?"

Starbuck_II
2015-02-13, 09:34 AM
I am fellow mercenary, Corporal Hun Stiehl. I was traveling with my good friend during merchant caravan. Not currently doing any jobs. so we are not on opposing sides. Sheesh, you act like all dwarves are the same. You seemed to attack orc mercenaries that were helping guarding his stuff. So are you a little reckless or thieves?"

Hun notices the injuries. "You are lucky the orcs left you alive. Tough sons of dirt. Look, I come off as a little gruff. I apologize. You can stand at ease with that weapon there."

tigerusthegreat
2015-02-15, 02:16 AM
Xeones recalls seeing Corporal Hun Stiehl in passing once at one of the Red Legion's camps, though they have never spoken.

J-H
2015-02-15, 08:41 AM
Xeones
"I've seen you before in camp, sir." Xeones sits up, then looks at the others. "Now, what happened??"

abadguy
2015-02-16, 01:39 AM
Goder uneasily lowers his weapon. "Xenoes, you said you saw him before? So Corp Hun, what are you doing here? Were you sent by the higher ups? Strange they would break protocol like this. I wonder if it has anything to do with the Sarge going missing."

Yael
2015-02-16, 04:41 AM
Upon command, Soverliss walks to Goder. She reserves her thoughts to herself, as she isn't required to talk at the moment. She turns her sight at the orcs, to see what they do after they carry their wounded/dead.

Starbuck_II
2015-02-16, 09:37 AM
Hun thinks for a moment, "I was in the middle of my reassignment to you guys. So I thought I'd use my free time before it officially happened to help guard this caravan. I owed the owner. But you look like you could use my help more. What is the mission?"

He walks around a bit and answers, "Now what is this about your Sarge has gone missing? When was the last time he was present?

abadguy
2015-02-16, 10:23 PM
Goder looks at the ground contemplatively.

No idea, mate. I don't wanna speak ill of a fellow Red Legionnaire ... but I suppose sometimes when it all gets too much, and suddenly hits you ... you either man up, or you ... run.

Goder shakes off that fleeting moment of despair his own statement had made him feel. He straightens up and picks up his dropped weapons. He calls out:

Soverliss, Xenoes, you fellas wanna brief our new comrade here on the mission ahead?

Yael
2015-02-18, 08:46 PM
Soverliss salutes Goder and turns towards the dwarf. "Corporal Soverliss Homilion." She keeps an eye on the orcs whenever possible, also, she speaks low enough to do not be heard by them. "Our mision is to approach the watchtower of Tolmen Hill, then take it down. We must prevent any signal from being sent, thought." While talking, she places her hand on her rapier's hilt. "This battle was actually unecessary, but whatever. We lost track of Sarge, so I guess Corporal Goder, you, and I are the higher rankings right now." Soverliss looks up to try to determine the time of day.

abadguy
2015-02-22, 12:25 PM
Right, indeed. I suppose we are somewhat in charge.

I suppose we will need to hurry along now. The army will be moving soon. Anyone else hurt bad? I think Xenoes could do with more first aid. Hun, do you suppose the orcs will sell us some healing supplies?

Starbuck_II
2015-02-24, 08:27 PM
Right, indeed. I suppose we are somewhat in charge.

I suppose we will need to hurry along now. The army will be moving soon. Anyone else hurt bad? I think Xenoes could do with more first aid. Hun, do you suppose the orcs will sell us some healing supplies?

Well, if you ask them nicely, heh. I'm not sure how angry the orcs will still be with you. Maybe my merchant friend has a spare if they don't. Hun says quickly.

I have a first aid kit for emergencies if any of you start bleeding on me, but I'm not trained in it.

tigerusthegreat
2015-02-24, 10:21 PM
The orc have largely retreated back to their campfire and the wagon. Hun notices them talking to Hillan Grinwal, the halfling merchant who he's known for some time.

abadguy
2015-02-25, 09:44 PM
That would be good, Hun, if you could speak to your merchant friend to sell us some supplies. We don't know how brutal the upcoming trek and mission would be.

J-H
2015-02-26, 01:33 PM
Xeones
Xeones stays quiet, near the back of the group. His neck is bent and his shoulders slouched, as he thinks on his embarrassing performance, and how they nearly got killed fighting the wrong people.

Breitheamh
2015-02-26, 01:37 PM
Kereth waxes his bowstring and tries not to look at Xeones, realizing that he'd almost gotten him killed today.

Starbuck_II
2015-02-28, 10:37 AM
Hey, Hillan, can I ask you a question.
Hun walks over to greet his friend.
"Look my new friends seem to have injured themselves, any chance you can sell us a few healing supplies?"

tigerusthegreat
2015-02-28, 02:05 PM
"Some friends. Do they always kill before thinking, or is that just when its orc guardsmen?" The halfling says, after having a long talk with one of the orc. "I have some salves I could sell. 25 gold each."

Each salve converts 1d8 + 5 damage to non-lethal damage. He has 5 for sale.

Also everyone gains 450 xp

abadguy
2015-03-01, 11:29 PM
Goder steps up to the halfling merchant and gives a slight bow.

My apologies, Master Hillian, for causing harm to your entourage. These days, it is hard to tell friend from foe anymore. I would purchase two of your salves for my men. Thank you for your neutrality.

Pray tell, did you come from the dwarven lands of Ba'shara?

Goder hands over 55GP as he speaks

tigerusthegreat
2015-03-02, 12:21 AM
The halfling hands over a pair of jars of ointment, and takes only 50 of the offered gold, leaving the extra 5 behind. "I've been many places in the last year, and Ba'shara was among them. Lately I come from Hilitar, and am heading to Pilis. There's rumor of a ship there from the other side of the world, full of strange things and odd speaking folk. I'd like to get my hands on some of their goods to sell."

abadguy
2015-03-02, 10:04 PM
Very good, Master Hillian. I do pray when our paths cross next, it would be under happier and more prosperous circumstances.

He passes the salves to the injured Xenoes and Kerath. Here, take and use these. You look worse off than me.

He picks up his weapons and readjusts his armor.

When you men are ready, let's be on our way. Hun, you coming with us? Thank you for your help to speaking to your merchant friend.

Starbuck_II
2015-03-02, 11:53 PM
I'm going to be assign to help you guys, might as well start now.
Hun replies. ,"Thanks again, Hillian, sorry that we must part now. Hey, next time we run into each other, I'll tell you that story I keep forgetting to tell you, you'll laugh about I'm sure. Take care.

tigerusthegreat
2015-03-06, 07:57 AM
The group continues heading for the tower. After what seems like an eternity, they can see it in the distance. Moving more cautiously, they are able to approach within a few hundred feet.

A quick look shows a group of five or six soldiers at the base of the tower, around a campfire. They seem at ease, eating and drinking (all are dwarves). There are two at the top of the tower taking their business more seriously, looking in all directions for trouble. The tower itself is a tall stone structure. At its crenelated top is a large unlit brazier. There is some scaffolding on the side opposite of the campfire where repairs are being made, and there doesn't appear to be anyone there.

J-H
2015-03-06, 08:06 AM
Xeones
Xeones whispers to his companions. "The scaffolding looks like our best bet, but that's counting on them being lazy. It'd be a good spot for a trap or alarm."

Breitheamh
2015-03-06, 02:03 PM
Kereth keeps his head down and takes the salve Goder offers, then holds out another fistful of money to the merchant and says meekly, "I'll take the rest as well, please."

He applies one of the salves to his wounds and then takes his place again at the head of the small train.

When they reach the tower and start trying to look for weak points, he nods in agreement with Xeones' comment, but adds, "I have ways of dealing with traps and alarms, if I can get close enough without being spotted."

Healing salve [roll0]

What time of day is it at this point?

abadguy
2015-03-06, 04:49 PM
Right, Goder says, scaffolding it is. Lead the way, I'll be right behind you.

He casts a nervous eye toward the guards on watch duty.

tigerusthegreat
2015-03-06, 09:00 PM
It is about an hour from sunset.

Starbuck_II
2015-03-06, 10:38 PM
Thinking: Well. if I get caught, maybe use my common race as a defusing method? But then again, I can't promise being dwarf will work either.
Hun says, "Scaffolding looks like a good idea yeah. Maybe they don't even assume anyone will use it. After all, it is in need of repair, watch your step."

abadguy
2015-03-07, 01:35 PM
We're agreed then, the scaffolding it is. Let's keep a lookout and see when the watch changes. That might be the best window we have. Besides, we still have about an hour before dark. I'd prefer to move in the cover of darkness Goder whispers to the rest of the group.

Yael
2015-03-10, 03:06 AM
Soverliss followed all along, she added little because of strategic thoughts that were running at her head, when she noticed, the day was about to end, and the tower was on sight. Agreeing with everyone else, the swashbuclker nods. "Yes, the scaffolding is our best bet. Taking out the ones that do have a terrain advantage in case we attacked the others is a pretty good idea, so the scaffolding assures a sneaky introduction..." She leans her back on a tree and crosses her arms. "Thought I don't like unfair combat, and I would not help, a mission's a mission, I guess. *sigh*" While the group heal their wounds, Soverliss decides to stay alert at anything that would oppose a threat.Soverliss has Low-Light Vision, so at this light conditions she should see normally (even if it isn't really that dark yet.)
Listen Check. [roll0]
Spot Check. [roll1]

tigerusthegreat
2015-03-10, 08:01 PM
Soverliss overhears the dwarves talking in dwarvish. Goder barely makes it out as well.

Language (Dwarvish) or Sense Motive 30 to unlock:
The dwarves are grumbling about not getting paid. They apparently have not been paid in two months. Some are considering abandoning the outpost and heading back to their homes.

abadguy
2015-03-11, 12:59 AM
Goder's ears picks up the grumblings of the dwarves around the campfire. He senses a unique opportunity to take the tower down without bloodshed, a preferable option after the brutal fight of a few hours past that has left most of his troop injured.

He whispers to the rest of the group That's interesting. What the dwarves over yon campfire are talking about regard not getting paid for the last two months. Some are even considering abandoning the outpost and heading back to their homes. I suppose I could try talking to them to ask them to stand down.

Yael
2015-03-11, 01:33 AM
Soverliss listens to Goder's suggestion, thinks for a second, and replies.

"While they may be talking about leaving the tower due to lack of pay, they might respond in a negative way if they see us, as they could get extra payment if they do discover us or the Red Legion." She places her hands on her waist, that were before crossed, closes her eyes and turn her face towards the dwarven camp. "High risk, high reward choice is talking to them, low risk, high reward is to fight them sneaking, high risk, low reward is a direct attack. Considering your health..." She turns her sight to the party, especially to the wounded. "...talking is the safest way."

Soverliss draws a dagger and roses her fingers on the blade, without pressing them so she won't cut herself; while looking at the dagger, she speaks to Goder. "Are you up for a gamble, Corporal Goder?" She looks Goder. "I love gambling."I thought Soverliss had Dwarven as a language, so I changed the first sentence: from "While, yes, they are indeed talking right now..." to "While they may be talking about..."

I'm sorry.

Starbuck_II
2015-03-11, 12:24 PM
"Too bad we aren't wealth, we could bribe them to let us go." Hun says with a chuckle. , "So are we just going to ask if they'd mind if we pass by?"

Yael
2015-03-11, 06:56 PM
Soverliss turns to Hun. "Our goal is to take down this turret's possibility of alerting the other outposts of the Legion's position. We could bribe them, yes, but I am no rich elf, you see."

abadguy
2015-03-12, 02:03 AM
I do love to gamble, Corporal Soverliss, but I prefer to stack the deck when I do, he replies with a grin.

Goder rifles through his pack and pulls out his coin pouch. I've got .... a little gold left with me. Say we pool it and offer it first? Hun, maybe if you come with me, it might help our case. Xenoes and Corporal Soverliss, silently get into flanking positions of the group. In case our ... peaceful chat turns violent.

J-H
2015-03-12, 11:10 AM
Xeones
"I...actually do have some money saved up. I don't want to come near dying twice in a day, but it took many months of saving my pay. I should probably get a receipt or guarantee that the Legion will cover this expense."

Xeones pulls a pouch from beneath his armor with some effort. It contains 16 Eagles (a gold coin worth 100gp) and some smaller coins.

"Maybe we can get them to hire on with the Legion?"

Yael
2015-03-13, 05:52 AM
Soverliss opens her eyes fully with a spark in them, when Xeones brings out his coins. "We are getting generous, aren't we? Alright." Right after saying that, she opens up her coin bag, and extracts some coins. "I'll bring... 50 more to the bulk? I must admit that I have not that much wealth "no richie elfie" here." She walks towards Xeones and Goder, kind of in the middle. "If we can prevent casualties, I'm on it. I'll be on the flank just in cause."

Starbuck_II
2015-03-13, 10:42 PM
I'll help if how I can, I'll throw in 25 gp if needed(drawing a small pouch and handing it over)," Hun says. "Say the word and lets go gamble with our money and our lives. " Hun laughs then sighs following Goder.

abadguy
2015-03-18, 12:51 PM
Goder's eye goggled as Xenoes revealed the wealth he had. That's ... that's more than a few months of pay my good man! Better hang on to that tightly, Xenoes, I thank you for your generousity and honesty. Meanwhile ... let's say 20 gold per dwarf? He counts out the needed amount from the pooled gold.

Goder straightens his uniform and adjusts his armor. Soverliss, come with me and stow your weapons, the rest, get into position. If anything goes wrong, take out those on the tower first. We need to make sure they don't light that beacon.So saying, he sheathes his weapons, bag of gold in hand and raises both arms as he slowly walks toward the dwarves by the campfire.

As he near, he begins reciting a poem on war and death in a deep somber voice, learnt during his time as an officer in training..

I have a rendezvous with Death
At some disputed barricade,
When Spring comes back with rustling shade
And apple-blossoms fill the air —
When Spring brings back blue days and fair.

It may be he shall take my hand
And lead me into his dark land
And close my eyes and quench my breath —
It may be I shall pass him still.
On some scarred slope of battered hill,
When Spring comes round again this year
And the first meadow-flowers appear.

Pelor knows ’twere better to be deep
Pillowed in silk and scented down,
Where Love throbs out in blissful sleep,
Pulse nigh to pulse, and breath to breath,
Where hushed awakenings are dear . . .
But I’ve a rendezvous with Death
At midnight in some flaming town,
When Spring trips north again this year,
And I to my pledged word am true,
I shall not fail that rendezvous.

tigerusthegreat
2015-03-18, 01:39 PM
"Did command send us a bard instead of our pay?" One of the dwarves jokes. Clearly they are entertained by the song.

1 success

abadguy
2015-03-19, 02:36 AM
Goder bows. Thank you. My heart is glad you enjoyed that.

He continues in Dwarven.

Greetings, friends. I am no bard but simply a soldier with a tale to tell. May we join you by your fire? Tis' a cold night, though not as cold as the heart of my wife. He gives them all a knowing wink and gestures for Soverliss to come into vision.

Ah, as ruthless as she was, what I would give to have her by my side now, back home next to a roaring fire and a large mug of ale, He sighs wistfully as he slowly continues to approach the group. He jingles the bag of gold in his hand slightly as he walks.

Yael
2015-03-19, 03:22 AM
The swashbuckler approaches from the brushes, with her weapon sheated and her arms crossed. When she reaches Goder, she notices him speaking in a language she doesn't know, probably dwarven because duh. She stays silent, and waits for Corporal G. to continue. While in vision, she tries to identify the threat of every dwarf, either weaponry and scars.Spot Check: [roll0]
Focused on every dwarf on-sight.

Breitheamh
2015-03-19, 09:32 AM
While the others begin to engage the dwarves in conversation, lowering their defenses and hopefully convincing them to simply stand aside, Kereth heads quietly to the scaffolding, just in case something goes wrong. He searches the area for any possible traps or alarms, and then waits for a signal one way or another.

Starbuck_II
2015-03-19, 09:39 AM
Hun stays in position following Godor in position. Staying silent, but smiling peacefully nodding to what Godor says. Keeping his hands ready if this goes south though. Diplomacy was never his strong suit, killing and disabling was.

tigerusthegreat
2015-03-20, 06:50 PM
"I wish I was back home, in my hold with a nice forefire." One of the dwarves muses wistfully.

Nobody seems to notice Kereth sneaking around.

abadguy
2015-03-24, 05:30 AM
Goder smiles heartily. That's exactly what I am going to do soon. Got my pay and a nice bonus too! He jingles the bag of gold again. How about you? When are you done with this tour? Isn't the Autumn Solstice Festival soon?

tigerusthegreat
2015-04-07, 08:47 PM
"You don't gamble, perchance, do you?" one of the dwarves asks, rattling a dice cup. "We were promised pay for another two months, but they are a month plus late on it. Risking one's life for coin is one thing, but for free, bah...."

Kereth carefully investigates and finds no traps, tripwires or other things on the scaffolding. The repairs to the tower seem to have been hastily abandoned, probably at the start of the war.

Breitheamh
2015-04-07, 09:08 PM
Kereth carefully scales the scaffolding, taking care not to alert the guards to his position, and climbs into position near the top of the tower, ready to pounce on the Dwarves before they can light the beacon.