PDA

View Full Version : Life and Times at East Marshall High - IC Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-13, 09:15 PM
It's the first day of the new school year at East Marshall High: a time of both excitement at seeing old friend and lament for the end of summer. While still pleasant and sunny (at least as much as 7 AM can be for a high school student, in any case), a cool breeze now and then hints towards the beginning of the fall season. Even with the experience of freshman year under your belts, the transition to being a sophomore has still not quite sunk in yet.

As you all arrive at school in your preferred fashion, you can't help but notice a new face among the other students that looks slightly older than what you would expect from a freshman. Whether it is curiosity, friendliness, or some other kind of attraction that rises within you, you decide now is the time for action. But before you can act, he's already starting to disappear into the crowd entering the building. How do you try to find him again?

Allure (D4): Manage to get Robert's attention and have him come to you.

Skill (D4): Somehow deduce ahead of time where he is going, and have your paths intersect 'naturally'.

Conflict (D6): 'Convince' another nearby student to tell you where Robert is heading.

Luck (D5): Get lucky and bump into him again before class.

+1 VP with Robert on success, regardless of method used.

Illven
2015-01-13, 09:40 PM
Rebecca walks into the building. She carries a large thermos of coffee like any sane high school student

Okay, Steady, steady, don't trip. You're good. Okay just a stumble. Don't trip. Don't tr..... Ah crap you tripped.

Rebecca replied..... Then she realized what was in the thermos, and now on her.

Crap, crap, crap, crap!

And then she realized what was under her chest.... Just another typical day, she sighed.

Luck roll using Accident prone, and Splash magnet.

Angelalex242
2015-01-13, 09:54 PM
Maya simply followed the will of the Lord. Wherever that told her to go. Sometimes, His will was clearer then others, she just had to listen hard enough.

Or perhaps she's just calculating where he's headed based on trajectory.

Strong Skill.

Anubis Dread
2015-01-13, 10:08 PM
It was time to go back to school. Getting up so early after learning to sleep rather late in the day was unusual. Her biological clock was somewhat out of whack. She felt sleepy. The cool air on her skin reacted to give her shivers and goosebumps. Such a sensation cleared Claire's head. Stepping out of the relatively expensive car, Claire thanked her driver before stepping out into the school.

It seemed as though many people remembered her from last year. She had not even stepped into the school proper and already she had a pair of girls and a guy following her. They were saying how happy they were to see her again. They were talking about their vacation. Claire smiled politely, but allowed them to talk without replying for the moment.

As they spoke someone caught her eye. There was a new student who was also a sophomore. This was somewhat unusual. It would make sense that she should greet him. It would be considered polite if she were to do so. She had three students behind her. It would be good for her status if she was polite. She did not like a direct approach however. It would be offputting. She was popular because she was aloof. Being too personable would damage her credibility.

"That is nice," Claire replied absently to another Summer anecdote. "My Summer was enjoyable as well. A question: do any of you know that boy? I would like to know where he is going." Their paths intersecting in the hallway would be the most optimal way for them to meet.

Straight Skill with a touch of School Queen for a +2 bonus (asking a groupie to run interference/get information)

Esprit15
2015-01-13, 10:19 PM
Sakuya walks through the halls, mind preoccupied by the new guy. "Hey, you. Jamey, right?" she says to one of the freshmen (probably not named Jamey), a smaller guy, grabbing him rather roughly by the shoulder. "That new guy, Robert. Looks like a sophomore but is a freshman. Brown hair and eyes. What do you know about him? What's his schedule?" While the tone is soft, her eyes look right into the younger student, daring him to say anything but what she wanted to hear.
Conflict (+1), Terrifying Presence (+2)

Lentrax
2015-01-13, 11:16 PM
Suki arrives at East Marshall High, stepping off the bus with more than a couple of odd looks. Which, if she really knew anything about America, wouldn't have surprised her as much as it seemed too. Of course her manner of dress didn'thelp matters much. When she learned that the school did not have a uniform, unlike her old school which was dated enough to still be wearing the old fuku style uniform (Eww.) she decided to just keep wearing her regular everyday clothes. Granted they had nothing on her stage costumes, and there is just something about the style that is adorable. Or so, boys claimed back home.

Very bright, clashing colors, mostly in pinks and blues contrasted with the pale violet hair that has been styled into two long twin ponytails that drape over her shoulders. When she first walked in the school, she was confused by the lack of lockers to place her outdoor shoes in, until she remembered that Americans do not have that custom. So many customs are so different. After a little trouble finding her room, including a trip into more than a few wrong rooms she finally walked into the right room.

Moe Enthusiast

DoctorFaust
2015-01-14, 12:07 AM
Molly bounces up the steps of East Marshall High wearing her newest jacket, waving to the people she knows from class, calling out "Guten morgen!" and "Lange nicht gesehen!" to her closer friends.

Midway up to the doors, she catches a glimpse of a new boy going up the stairs ahead of her. Always on the lookout for new people, Molly jumps up the last few stairs after him. However, she moves just a few seconds late, and loses sight of him in the growing crowd.

Unperturbed, she pushes away the few strands of hair that fell in front of her face during her dash up the steps and smiles, eager to see what the new school year would bring. He looked nice. I wonder who he is?

Strong allure, Boyish Charm +1, Quaint Greeting +1

Amaril
2015-01-14, 12:13 AM
Jill arrives in the hallway with a spring in her step, unusually bright-eyed and awake-looking for the early hour. Much as she laments the loss of summer's freedom, she's been anxious to get back to school--filling all the extra time of the summer days is difficult sometimes, and she'll be glad to have classes to occupy her again. Seeing her friends regularly will be great, too; she and her mother rarely travel over the break, and Jill often finds herself one of the only people left in town while most of her social circle goes on vacation.
As she cranes her neck to try and spot her friends over the other students' heads, cursing her short stature, an unfamiliar face catches her eye. Hey there, cutie... Deciding her friends can wait for the moment, she changes course to make her way over to the unknown boy, absently pushing a stray lock of hair out of her face.

Allure, with +2 from Morning Person.

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-14, 05:14 PM
With a little bit of pushing and quite a bit of yelling, Claire, Jill, and Molly all manage to catch up with Robert as he's leaving the administration office. He notices you three and walks up to you with a nervous grin. "Oh, hey!" he says, extending a hand to shake, "My name's Robert J. Hartwell. I'm guessing that you three are the welcoming committee? That's great, because I'm a little lost, and homeroom's starting soon. According to this, mine is-"

And it's at that exact moment that Rebecca comes around the corner and crashes into poor Robert, knocking him to the floor and spilling hot coffee on both her self and him. "MMMMMMMMMMMMPPPH!" he says as the liquid burns his skin, his scream muffled by Rebecca laying on top of him.

Meanwhile, Sakuya follows the directions that she was given by the scared freshman. However, whether it was because he misunderstood who exactly she wanted to follow or was too busy avoiding pissing himself in fear to be accurate, he ended up sending Sakuya on a wild goose chase across the school. Suki is similarly scrambling around looking for her homeroom, and both of them eventually end up in the gym with a small, unkempt mess of a girl, who jumps with a start as they enter the room, "Oh! Umm... W-what are you d-doing here so early? Y-you two don't l-look like the type who w-work out before c-class..."

She points to Suki, "And what's with her hair?" Her eyes widen and she gasps, "Oh! Sorry... I don't mean... I mean, it looks good... I-I mean..."

You two might be a while. :smallannoyed:

Maya very nearly ends up in the same situation as Sakuya and Suki, but she feels a calling to turn left instead of right at a pivotal junction, and thus instead ends up in front of the administration office, turning the corner just in time to see Rebecca's nasty spill onto Robert.

Everyone except Sakuya and Suki get +1 VP with Robert.

Illven
2015-01-14, 05:35 PM
Becca sighs. At least the coffee wasn't that warm....

She sighs and gets up, extending a hand down to Robert.

Sorry about crashing into you, chest first. She replies

Angelalex242
2015-01-14, 05:41 PM
Maya, naturally being a good Samaritan, promptly helps up the two downed classmates.

"Are you two alright? That looks like a nasty spill.

Providence provided her with a kleenex box on the desk, and she uses it immediately to help them both clean off. Or perhaps she's just making use of her environment. The world may never know.

Illven
2015-01-14, 05:47 PM
Maya, naturally being a good Samaritan, promptly helps up the two downed classmates.

"Are you two alright? That looks like a nasty spill.

Providence provided her with a kleenex box on the desk, and she uses it immediately to help them both clean off. Or perhaps she's just making use of her environment. The world may never know.

I'm fine, I'm fine. Rebecca said waving Maya off.

Are you okay? She does ask to the cute boy.

DoctorFaust
2015-01-14, 05:53 PM
Molly rushes forwards, grabbing one of the tissues out of Maya's box and helping to dab up the coffee that spilled on Robert. "Becca, you're off to a very bad start," she remarks. "School hasn't even started for the year yet, and you've already taken a tumble."

Amaril
2015-01-14, 05:53 PM
Jill returns Robert's grin as he approaches, though without his nervousness. "Hey yourself!" She reaches to shake his hand. "I'm Jill, it's--"
In classic fashion, Rebecca disrupts the situation spectacularly, sending her jumping back in alarm as she crashes into Robert, narrowly managing to avoid being scalded. As soon as she recovers, she likewise rushes to her classmates' side. "Wow, no kidding." Her eye falls on Becca's now-sodden shirt, unable to help noticing how it clings to her torso in spite of herself. "Oh, here sweetie, take my sweater--don't worry, Rob, I'm wearing another shirt under this" she flashes Robert another grin as she pulls off the baggy green wool garment and offers it to her friend. "Jeez, hell of a way to start the first day, huh?"

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-14, 05:54 PM
I'm fine, I'm fine. Rebecca said waving Maya off.

Are you okay? She does ask to the cute boy.

Robert blushes as the two help him up, "Uh, yeah... I'll be fine. As soon as my heart stops racing." He attempts to wipe the coffee stain off his shirt, and silently curses himself for deciding to wear white today, "It'll stain, but after the initial sting I don't think the coffee burned me too badly." He extends a hand, "My name's Robert, by the way. As you may be able to tell, I'm pretty new here."

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-14, 05:56 PM
Robert takes note of Jill and Molly's reactions, "So, I'm guessing this is a rather frequent occurrence with her?"

Amaril
2015-01-14, 05:59 PM
Robert takes note of Jill and Molly's reactions, "So, I'm guessing this is a rather frequent occurrence with her?"

"Pretty much" Jill agrees. "We love her anyway, though." She suddenly feels awkward as she realizes he has just as much coffee on his clothes as Becca does. "Oh, sorry, I'd offer you something to put on too if I had anything else...although I dunno if you'd want to wear a girl's shirt anyway, heheh."

Illven
2015-01-14, 06:08 PM
Becca takes the shirt.

Thank you, hun. She puts it on, and notes that it really doesn't fit her. It's tight as hell and were she shirtless, the sweater would be baring her mid-riff.

She turns again to Robert.

And yeah, I'm sorry, I'm just a bit of a klutz. She admits rubbing the back of her head.

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-14, 06:10 PM
"Pretty much" Jill agrees. "We love her anyway, though." She suddenly feels awkward as she realizes he has just as much coffee on his clothes as Becca does. "Oh, sorry, I'd offer you something to put on too if I had anything else...although I dunno if you'd want to wear a girl's shirt anyway, heheh."

"No, it's alright," he says with a small grin, "I'll probably just call my mom and see if she can bring me a spare. Or at least get something out of the lost and found, since I'm here already. Beside, pretty sure it's the proper thing for the lady to be helped first in a situation like this."

He loosens his black tie, which also has a noticeable wet spot on it, "Might as well take this off, though. No point in wearing it, and I feel a little overdressed here as is." He jerks his head towards Molly as he pulls his tie off his neck, "Well, except compared to her, of course, though I must say I'm unsure of how well a field marshal's jacket conforms to a school dress code."

Angelalex242
2015-01-14, 06:12 PM
The tie looks nice. Very formal. Does formality suit you, then?

Perhaps she would gain further insight as he revealed more about himself. Besides, ya know, the muscles underneath that white shirt. Which...almost made him look like he was going to a job interview.

Q'telun
2015-01-14, 06:18 PM
Erica, already in the gym for reasons only known to her, regards the two other sophomores with a look of slightly detached interest. "Your hair looks like cotton candy. Do you sometimes make mistakes when you're at a fair, and start chewing your own hair?"

DoctorFaust
2015-01-14, 06:22 PM
"Well, I could lend you the jacket if you like," Molly says, grinning. "But I'm impressed that you recognize it. Most people have no idea what it is."

Illven
2015-01-14, 06:26 PM
As long as it's not dangerous or too revealing.... I don't think it breaks any rules. Becca mused about the jacket putting a finger to her lips.

Amaril
2015-01-14, 06:32 PM
"Well, considering you wore it just about every day last year and none of the staff batted an eye, I think you're probably okay" Jill says to Molly with a chuckle. Suddenly, she remembers the reason this conversation started, and turns back to Robert. "Oh, so anyway, did you need somebody to show you to homeroom? I can show you where it is if you want."

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-14, 06:34 PM
The tie looks nice. Very formal. Does formality suit you, then?

Perhaps she would gain further insight as he revealed more about himself. Besides, ya know, the muscles underneath that white shirt. Which...almost made him look like he was going to a job interview.

"I've at least made a habit of it. My old school had a rather strict dress code, and after a while it just became second-nature."

"Well, I could lend you the jacket if you like," Molly says, grinning. "But I'm impressed that you recognize it. Most people have no idea what it is."

"Well history's always been my best subject, though I have to admit that your accent's the only reason I was able to make the connection to Germany and thus identify the rank. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have known it either."

Anubis Dread
2015-01-14, 06:39 PM
Oh... it seems as though her target had fallen down and injured himself. What reaction would be best? Laughing would be good. But it might come across as mean in this instance. Perhaps she should dote on him? But it seemed as though the other girls were already doing that. There were other girls. Intriguing. It seemed as though this boy was already quite popular. She would need to continue to observe him. He might prove to make a good boyfriend.

"If you like I could get you another shirt," Claire offered in her usual monotone. "If you do not want to wear my own sweater I am sure I could get someone to lend you an article of clothing from their gym bag or something similar. Introductions are in order," she realized. "I am Claire. It is nice to meet you. I am empathetic of your bad situation."

Angelalex242
2015-01-14, 06:45 PM
"I've at least made a habit of it. My old school had a rather strict dress code, and after a while it just became second-nature."

Maya smiles pleasantly.

A dress code? What kind of school did you go to previously? What was the name of it?

She's willing to bet private school. Which bodes very well for her.

Lentrax
2015-01-14, 07:02 PM
Let's see, they said I was looking for something called... homeroom. But all these rooms have numbers, and the only room with enough letters on it was a locker room...

Trying another room with words on it, Suki walked into a weight room. Still not right.... Maybe through the door on the other side?

My hair? What is wrong with it?

Q'telun
2015-01-14, 07:05 PM
"Theres nothing wrong with it, I just get the feeling I'd start eating it if I had those colors so close to my face." Erica stares at the hair now, not making eye contact. "It makes you look anime-ish. Its a good look on you."

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-14, 07:55 PM
"If you like I could get you another shirt," Claire offered in her usual monotone. "If you do not want to wear my own sweater I am sure I could get someone to lend you an article of clothing from their gym bag or something similar. Introductions are in order," she realized. "I am Claire. It is nice to meet you. I am empathetic of your bad situation."

Robert jolted a bit in place when Claire spoke. She had been so quiet up to this point that he had almost forgotten she was there.

"Um, I wouldn't want to trouble anyone..." he stated, rubbing his neck nervously, "...but I can't say I wouldn't be grateful. I'm not sure your sweater would fit me, though."

Maya smiles pleasantly.

A dress code? What kind of school did you go to previously? What was the name of it?

She's willing to bet private school. Which bodes very well for her.

"Barrowsworth Preparatory. It's a private school on the East Coast. Wasn't there long before we moved, but it's still a rather jarring transition."

It appears that something about recalling this struck a nerve, as he quickly changes the subject by turning back to Jill, "I need to figure out what I'm doing about my shirt first, but afterwards, yes I would appreciate it. I'd probably get lost otherwise."

My hair? What is wrong with it?

The girl seemed to be in full panic mode now, "N-nothing! Like she said, it's nice l-like candy! Not that I'd eat it! Or that y-you'd eat it! Or..."

She sighs, "Uh, s-sorry, I... Well, I'm B-Betty, and that's... Elise, I think? No, no, no, that's not right... Erika? Elaine? Oh, I'm sorry... I-I should know this, we were in English together last year..."

Anubis Dread
2015-01-14, 08:06 PM
"You have smaller breasts than mine. It would thus fall quite loose in the chest," Claire admitted, looking down at her cashmere sweater. "That is not what I meant however."

Turning to face the three students who were still hanging around her, Claire decided to issue a request of them. "Could one of you get me a shirt?"

"...I did not mean the one you were currently wearing. I also only needed one," she went on, looking at the three shirts in her hand and the three shirtless fans in front of her. "I appreciate the gesture." Would a compliment be the right move at this point? It certainly could not have a negative effect. "You all look good shirtless."

"Here," Claire went on, handing the shirt of the boy student to Robert. "I believe it will be fit within a reasonable margin of error."

DoctorFaust
2015-01-14, 08:06 PM
It appears that something about recalling this struck a nerve, as he quickly changes the subject by turning back to Jill, "I need to figure out what I'm doing about my shirt first, but afterwards, yes I would appreciate it. I'd probably get lost otherwise."

"Which homeroom are you in, anyway?" Molly asks. "Becca cut you off with her coffee when you were about to say it before.

Q'telun
2015-01-14, 08:09 PM
Erica turns to Betty and looks at her strangely, like its the first time she's seen her. "Oh right, you were in here too, weren't you. What are you doing here?"

Esprit15
2015-01-14, 08:14 PM
Sakuya sighs, quiet rage inside of her. "Don't worry. I just have to make an example of someone later today."

Amaril
2015-01-14, 08:16 PM
"Yeah, it might help to know where you're supposed to be going" Jill agrees. "Anyway, if you want to go check the lost and found, I can tag along and then give you directions after, if you want. Give us time to get to know each other" she added, trying to sound just friendly rather than overbearing.

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-14, 08:51 PM
"You have smaller breasts than mine. It would thus fall quite loose in the chest," Claire admitted, looking down at her cashmere sweater. "That is not what I meant however."

Turning to face the three students who were still hanging around her, Claire decided to issue a request of them. "Could one of you get me a shirt?"

"...I did not mean the one you were currently wearing. I also only needed one," she went on, looking at the three shirts in her hand and the three shirtless fans in front of her. "I appreciate the gesture." Would a compliment be the right move at this point? It certainly could not have a negative effect. "You all look good shirtless."

"Here," Claire went on, handing the shirt of the boy student to Robert. "I believe it will be fit within a reasonable margin of error."

Robert stared in bewilderment at this display. It was rather odd to him that this girl seemed to have her own set of retainers willing to strip for her. Even the most popular kids in his own school weren't able to command this much loyalty from the other students. He considered declining the shirt and simply taking his chances with the lost and found.

Then again, after such a display of loyalty, declining at this point would be rude. And it was a nice shirt...

He eventually decided to do what he always did in these situations: take the middle road, "Well, I appreciate the offer, but what about him? Won't he get in trouble if I take his shirt?"

"Which homeroom are you in, anyway?" Molly asks. "Becca cut you off with her coffee when you were about to say it before.

"Yeah, it might help to know where you're supposed to be going" Jill agrees. "Anyway, if you want to go check the lost and found, I can tag along and then give you directions after, if you want. Give us time to get to know each other" she added, trying to sound just friendly rather than overbearing.

"Oh, right! That might be for the best." With all the fuss about his shirt situation, the homeroom situation had completely slipped his mind, and class was going to start soon. "I have it right here." He picked up a slip off coffee-stained paper off the floor and read it, "Um... Room 204. Any of you know where that is?"

Erica turns to Betty and looks at her strangely, like its the first time she's seen her. "Oh right, you were in here too, weren't you. What are you doing here?"

"Um, w-well I'm waiting for someone... he said he would be here, b-but I think I might have missed him." Her eyes dart between the other girls and the door. Sakuya's 'assurance' does little to calm her, though it seems like nothing would calm this bundle of nerves.

Amaril
2015-01-14, 08:57 PM
Quickly pulling out the copy of her schedule she's printed off from the school website, Jill searched along the page for her homeroom number. She was pleasantly surprised to see it. "Oh, cool, I'm in that one too! Alright, let's get going then, we've only got a couple minutes." As if it were the most natural thing in the world, she reached out to take Robert's hand and made to lead him away down the hall. "Oh, Becca, you should check your schedule, you might be in our homeroom too."

Q'telun
2015-01-14, 09:00 PM
"Um, w-well I'm waiting for someone... he said he would be here, b-but I think I might have missed him." Her eyes dart between the other girls and the door. Sakuya's 'assurance' does little to calm her, though it seems like nothing would calm this bundle of nerves.

Erica brightens up considerably on hearing this. "He? What kind of problems does he have? Is it telepathy?"

She grows somber. "Is it in his pants? Does it come between you and your love for him?"

Angelalex242
2015-01-14, 09:04 PM
Robert stared in bewilderment at this display. It was rather odd to him that this girl seemed to have her own set of retainers willing to strip for her. Even the most popular kids in his own school weren't able to command this much loyalty from the other students. He considered declining the shirt and simply taking his chances with the lost and found.

Then again, after such a display of loyalty, declining at this point would be rude. And it was a nice shirt...

He eventually decided to do what he always did in these situations: take the middle road, "Well, I appreciate the offer, but what about him? Won't he get in trouble if I take his shirt?"

"Oh, right! That might be for the best." With all the fuss about his shirt situation, the homeroom situation had completely slipped his mind, and class was going to start soon. "I have it right here." He picked up a slip off coffee-stained paper off the floor and read it, "Um... Room 204. Any of you know where that is?"

204? Yes, this way.

Maya the good Samaritan intended to keep being one.

Anubis Dread
2015-01-14, 09:09 PM
"That is true," Claire admitted while handing back the girls' shirt, bearing a very slight frown of puzzlement. "I will give him my shirt then," she decided, reaching down to lift her shirt and sweater over hear head.

"B-but then you'll get in trouble!" one of the girls remarked flustered.

"That is true," Claire noted, letting her hands go. Why were the other two glaring at the first girl like that? Perhaps they had had an altercating earlier.

"It's fine, I'll find a shirt before class," the boy noted after he had finished his death start.

"Very well. It is fine," she passed on to Robert. "I am also familiar with room 204," she went on. "I could accompany you if you desired."

Illven
2015-01-14, 09:18 PM
Becca couldn't help but glare as Jill took Robert's hand. They'd be talking about that later, but it was only a momentary glare.

She checks her schedule, and finds that she does in fact have room 204 as her homeroom.

Huh. I do have the same homeroom. Awesome Jill, together for another year. She says embracing Jill and Robert and lifting them a few inches.

So Robert, how about I buy your lunch today, to make up for tripping over you on your first day? She offers.

DoctorFaust
2015-01-14, 09:19 PM
"Hey, that's mine as well!" The smile on Molly's face falters for a moment, but quickly reappears. "I'd go with you all, but I just remembered that I promised I meet up with one of my friends before school started.

She scratches at her head, the smile replaced by a look of confusion. "Though I have no idea where she would be...

Lentrax
2015-01-14, 09:34 PM
Eat my hair? I do not think it likely, but if it is that odd for you I could always change it...

Telepathy? Pants? It?

Suki bows to BettyI am sorry, but if you were waiting for someone, this is clearly not... homeroom. I have been looking, but none of the rooms say homeroom. At least, I don't think they do. I don't read so well...

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-14, 09:37 PM
"Very well. It is fine," she passed on to Robert. "I am also familiar with room 204," she went on. "I could accompany you if you desired."[/QUOTE]

"Weeeeeeell," Robert muses as he looks at the now-shirtless boy with a hint of hesitation, "if he says it's ok..." He takes the shirt and manages to work it over his head, "Thank you, I'll be sure to return it as soon as I can."

Becca couldn't help but glare as Jill took Robert's hand. They'd be talking about that later, but it was only a momentary glare.

She checks her schedule, and finds that she does in fact have room 204 as her homeroom.

Huh. I do have the same homeroom. Awesome Jill, together for another year. She says embracing Jill and Robert and lifting them a few inches.

So Robert, how about I buy your lunch today, to make up for tripping over you on your first day? She offers.

Robert noticed Jill taking his and and though it caught him off guard, he didn't resist. Of course, being calm about the significantly taller Becca managing to lift both him and Jill in a bear hug was a larger challenge, but he managed to avoid yelping in surprise. After the shock wore off, he gave Becca a small grin and said, "Oh, you don't have to do that. I'm just glad that you weren't hurt either."

"Hey, that's mine as well!" The smile on Molly's face falters for a moment, but quickly reappears. "I'd go with you all, but I just remembered that I promised I meet up with one of my friends before school started.

She scratches at her head, the smile replaced by a look of confusion. "Though I have no idea where she would be...

He manages to give Molly a sympathetic shrug from between Becca's arms, "Sorry, but I don't think I would be of any help there, being the new student and all."

Q'telun
2015-01-14, 09:38 PM
Erica turns her attention back to Suki. "Oh, I know where homeroom is. I think my friend is going there. I can show you the way, if you want."

All of this is said in a calm voice, with no hints of excitement. "We can take..."

She squints at Betty. "Betty, with us too."

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-14, 09:59 PM
Meanwhile, at the gymnasium...

Erica brightens up considerably on hearing this. "He? What kind of problems does he have? Is it telepathy?"

She grows somber. "Is it in his pants? Does it come between you and your love for him?"

Betty blushes and brushes the messy brown hair from her eyes, "What? N-No! I-I mean, I love him, but it's not like... well it's complicated a-and I just, this summer's been kinda crazy and I j-just..."

Eat my hair? I do not think it likely, but if it is that odd for you I could always change it...

Telepathy? Pants? It?

Suki bows to BettyI am sorry, but if you were waiting for someone, this is clearly not... homeroom. I have been looking, but none of the rooms say homeroom. At least, I don't think they do. I don't read so well...

Surprisingly, this of all things gets Betty to stop fidgeting enough to properly look at Suki, "O-oh, you're new, aren't you? Are you a foreign-exchange student? I'm sorry, it's just... no, 'homeroom' is just the room where you go for attendance a-and announcements and stuff. It's not an actual room or anything." She gives Suki a small smile, "It's actually pretty nice, s-since you can meet up with your friends and stuff."

She nods at Erica's suggestion, "Um, y-yeah... we should probably help her out. I don't think my b-b-boyfriend's going to show anyway, and I don't want to be l-late on the first day." She blushes again at the mention of her boyfriend, then turns to Sakuya, "What about you? D-do you want to come with? I-I mean, I'm not sure if we have the same h-homeroom or not, but w-we're all here, and y-you seem to be l-lost too." From the sympathetic look in her eyes, she somehow seems to have missed the memo about Sakuya's reputation, if she even knows who Sakuya is to begin with.

Illven
2015-01-14, 10:06 PM
Rebecca chuckles.

I don't think I've ever hurt myself tripping. Jill can attest to that.

Lentrax
2015-01-14, 10:13 PM
Yes. Please. Suki bows again. Thank you so much. Oh, and one more thing.

The look on Suki's face is completely serious as she asks her next question. Oh, and where do I put my shoes?

Angelalex242
2015-01-14, 10:14 PM
"Very well. It is fine," she passed on to Robert. "I am also familiar with room 204," she went on. "I could accompany you if you desired."

"Weeeeeeell," Robert muses as he looks at the now-shirtless boy with a hint of hesitation, "if he says it's ok..." He takes the shirt and manages to work it over his head, "Thank you, I'll be sure to return it as soon as I can."

Robert noticed Jill taking his and and though it caught him off guard, he didn't resist. Of course, being calm about the significantly taller Becca managing to lift both him and Jill in a bear hug was a larger challenge, but he managed to avoid yelping in surprise. After the shock wore off, he gave Becca a small grin and said, "Oh, you don't have to do that. I'm just glad that you weren't hurt either."

He manages to give Molly a sympathetic shrug from between Becca's arms, "Sorry, but I don't think I would be of any help there, being the new student and all."

Let us proceed, then, to 204 before the bell rings. It is going to ring shortly, and we do not want to be late.

Maya calmly tries to get everyone, including this poor boy who's going to be praying to God as much as she does by the end of the day if this keeps up, to the actual homeroom.

DoctorFaust
2015-01-14, 10:16 PM
Molly glances at one of the clocks on the wall, tilting her head as she thinks. "Well, at this point it doesn't look like their would be enough time for me to search the school and make it to 204 on time, so I'll just try to catch her after school."

She grins again, this one wide enough that she looks in danger of splitting her head in two. "Lead on then, um, Jill? Panzer vor!

Esprit15
2015-01-14, 10:23 PM
"Sure. Sakuya Himura. Pleasure to meet you." She extends a hand to the girl. She seemed sweet, the kind of person that would like a friend. Very easy to use people like that.

Amaril
2015-01-14, 10:25 PM
Taking Rob's hand again, Jill returns Molly's grin in equal measure. "Okay, then. Sophomore year, here we come!" With a renewed spring in her step, she sets off down the hallway to begin the day, Robert in tow.

Q'telun
2015-01-14, 10:26 PM
Erica shifts impatiently by the door. "Do you think... No, never mind. Lets go." Without waiting for an answer, she sets off down the hallway towards Room 204.

Anubis Dread
2015-01-14, 10:38 PM
"Let us go," Claire replied, walking off with the other girls and Robert.

Walking to class together. That was a typical boyfriend and girlfriend thing to do. As such it made sense to take advantage of this while she could. However travelling with a half-dozen other girls while doing so was not typical. Whipping out her phone, Claire cycled through some web pages. Was Robert a 'player'? It seemed to fit with the current situation. If he was a 'player' she should take action to ensure he did not 'end up screwing some other girl' as the online database suggested. What course of action would best avoid that scenario?

Flipping through same more pages, Claire eventually tucked away her phone before somewhat mechanically wrapping her arms around Robert's spare arm and leaning in close to him as they walked, ensuring her chest was smooshing into his side. This was the optimal course of action it seemed.

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-15, 01:39 AM
Robert continued to be dragged to class by the gaggle of girls that had happened to surround him so quickly. He had wanted to make new friends, but this? With two attractive girls practically latched to each arm (one who seemed to be latched on tightly enough that the arm she had pressed against had fallen asleep) and several more following close by, all because of a spilled thermos of coffee? It was almost too much.

I have the oddest feeling that this is only the beginning of a very hectic year.

"Sure. Sakuya Himura. Pleasure to meet you." She extends a hand to the girl. She seemed sweet, the kind of person that would like a friend. Very easy to use people like that.

Betty eyes Sakuya's hand with trepidation, then after an awkwardly long pause, her hand suddenly darts forward and grasps Sakuya's, shaking a little too vigorously. Though her hand still has a slight tremble, her smile is more relaxed now. "P-pleased to meet you too, Sakuya. I l-like your name."

Yes. Please. Suki bows again. Thank you so much. Oh, and one more thing.

The look on Suki's face is completely serious as she asks her next question. Oh, and where do I put my shoes?

She looks at Suki in confusion, "Um... on your feet? I'm sorry, I, I don't understand what you m-mean by that. I hope this isn't one of those trick q-questions or anything." She pulls out her phone and looks at the time, "W-we should probably get going though if we don't to be l-late."

Esprit15
2015-01-15, 01:58 AM
"Thank you. It comes from my father's side. He named me, mother named my sister." She smiles at the girl's nervousness. "Don't worry, I'll cover for you."

Lentrax
2015-01-15, 11:29 AM
Oh. Do you not don different shoes for the inside of the school? You don't? Oh. Well, we should then proceed to home room. I do not wish to be late.

When they arrive at the right room, Sukiyaki looks at the door, astonished to see no words on it at all. Just a room number.

Stepping inside she again bows to Betty. Thank you for showing me this homeroom. My name is Kurigama Suki. It is a pleasure to have met you.

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-15, 08:22 PM
"Thank you. It comes from my father's side. He named me, mother named my sister." She smiles at the girl's nervousness. "Don't worry, I'll cover for you."

"Y-you will?" Betty's eyes light up, "Oh thank you so much! I owe you one, r-really!"

Oh. Do you not don different shoes for the inside of the school? You don't? Oh. Well, we should then proceed to home room. I do not wish to be late.

When they arrive at the right room, Sukiyaki looks at the door, astonished to see no words on it at all. Just a room number.

Stepping inside she again bows to Betty. Thank you for showing me this homeroom. My name is Kurigama Suki. It is a pleasure to have met you.

Betty looks at Suki in confusion for a second, then clumsily bows back to her, "Y-you too! If you n-need any more help getting around, feel free to a-ask!"

Scene 2

All of you manage to make your way to homeroom and prepare to sit down. However, there only so many seats from which you can be close to Robert...

Allure: Convince Robert to sit next to you, verbally or otherwise.

Conflict: 'Persuade' another girl to trade seats with you.

Luck: Happen to be in the right seat at the right time.

Two highest rolls get +2 VP, third and fourth highest rolls get +1 VP. And don't worry too much if you fail this roll, this scene will have another chance to earn VP a little later.

Esprit15
2015-01-15, 08:36 PM
Sakuya strides forward, perfectly fine with being a little late, and gives a knowing glare to anyone who made the mistake of moving close to Robert.
Conflict (+1), Frightful Presence (+2)

Foresight: Calling odd. If the dice roll is odd, treat the die as yielding a 6 (total of 9)

Amaril
2015-01-15, 08:47 PM
As the group enters the room, Jill releases Robert's hand and turns back to him and Rebecca. "Here, Becca, come sit with me. Care to join us, Rob?" She gives him the prettiest smile she can manage, hoping to distract from the attention of all the other girls.

Straight Allure, no bonus.

Q'telun
2015-01-15, 09:29 PM
Erica is sitting in a seat next to the door, and doesn't pay attention to the girls or Robert as they walk in. She appears to be engrossed in a sketch of some kind, the final shape has yet to appear but it looks to be a well done piece of artwork. She does wave to Molly when the Field Marshall comes in.

Skill!

Non Sequiter 1/2: I can use any roll at a -1
Stay Cool 1/2: Nullifies the negative modifier to my roll

DoctorFaust
2015-01-15, 09:30 PM
"Aw, hey, no, Robert, you should come sit with me," Molly says. The ever-present grin on her face changes to a winning smile, and she pats the seat next to the one she just sat down in. "It's not often that would get a chance to talk about history with a cute girl, is it?"

She pauses, her attention taken for a moment by Erica waving at her. "Sie da!" she calls. "What're you drawing this time?"

Anubis Dread
2015-01-15, 09:52 PM
This was a significant moment. Robert seemed as though he would be the ideal romantic companion. Other girls desired him. Therefore he must be desirable as a companion. Having him as a boyfriend would aid her social standing. In addition he seemed as though he would be tolerable to be around. That was more than she could say about a majority of the males who attempted to ask her out.

Since all the above was true it made sense to be as close to Robert as possible. Desks were more or less fixed. If she was close to him she would be at a significant advantage at being the girl he would eventually settle for. If she was instead far away she would be at a significant disadvantage. Conventional advice advised that you should not come on too strongly. But if she did not attempt to overwhelm him into allowing her within his personal space she would be at a long term disadvantage. A short term risk of putting him off she could overcome with time. A long term disadvantage such as this could not.

Gently persuading the other students to sit elsewhere as she walked forward, Claire spread the word she needed a little bit of space for a few moments to introduce herself properly to the new boy. Standing next to his desk, she put her bag onto the table and rummaged around. Sitting next to Rober for a few moments would be easy - she just had to convince others not to. Retaining this seat when her competition would likely attempt to pry it from her would on the other hand not. She had to give Robert something that would convince him she was worth sitting next to.

"Hello Robert," Claire greeted him, a ghost of a smile appearing on her lips. "I see that you are intending to sit here. I would like to sit next to you. I believe this would give us the chance to 'get to know eachother' and 'grow closer'. I believe that others also intend to sit here. Therefor I believe I should make a case for why I should sit here rather than them."

Claire paused a moment before pulling out a drawing pad and passing it to him, making sure the other students were following her directions and not nearby. "This is a picture I drew of myself in a binikin sprawled across a sportscar. The anatomy is accurate. If you allow me to sit here I will not mind if you view such material as I am drawing it or pass it to you. I will also not mind if you 'oggle' me during class. In order to better emphasize my point I will now give you the photograph I took for reference," she went on, grabbing a polaroid from her bag and passing it over to Robert.

"At this stage I believe this is what they know as 'merely flirting'. If you would allow us to grow closer other benefits may be achievable," Claire finished.

Alright, so:
Doujin Enthusiast - a d4 with a +1 bonus, so succeed on a 3 or greater. If it does gain a +2 to Allure.

IF that test succeeds, will do Doujin Enthusiast +2, School Queen +2 and activate Thaw Out for +2 for an Allure check (+6 total)

IF that test fails, will do Strong Luck +1, School Queen +2 and activate Thaw Out for +2 for a Luck check (+5 total)

Lentrax
2015-01-15, 09:52 PM
Straightening up, Suki looks around the room. Not sure of what to do or where to sit, she just picked a chair at random and sat down. She did notice as she walked across the room that people were giving her odd looks, though she was sure that was just because they were unused to seeing such a thing as the wild and bold Harajuku fashion style.

Q'telun
2015-01-15, 09:54 PM
Erica looks at her drawing curiously, as if seeing it for the first time. "I'm not sure. Art, I think. The lines don't appear to be as important as the not-lines and the spaces between the not-lines."

Illven
2015-01-15, 10:03 PM
Becca noticing who was in the room at this point squeed.

Oh my gods, I know who you are. You're Kurigama Suki! She exclaims flawlessly.

Oh I'm your bigeest fan! She exclaimed embracing the much shorter girl.

DoctorFaust
2015-01-15, 10:11 PM
"Oh yeah, the teachers have talked about that stuff in art class. Negative space and positive space, right?" She cranes her neck up to get try to get a better view of the sheet of paper. "Kinda looks like cotton candy from where I'm sitting.

Q'telun
2015-01-15, 10:19 PM
Erica starts to shake her head, but stops to consider. "Maybe. I could actually be talking about the lines though." She shrugs non-comittally.
"I did want cotton candy this morning. Could you do me a favor, Molly? I want to see that girl's drawing, she might be able to help me with my anatomy if its actually in proportion."

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-15, 10:26 PM
"Hello Robert," Claire greeted him, a ghost of a smile appearing on her lips. "I see that you are intending to sit here. I would like to sit next to you. I believe this would give us the chance to 'get to know eachother' and 'grow closer'. I believe that others also intend to sit here. Therefor I believe I should make a case for why I should sit here rather than them."

Claire paused a moment before pulling out a drawing pad and passing it to him, making sure the other students were following her directions and not nearby. "This is a picture I drew of myself in a bikini sprawled across a sportscar. The anatomy is accurate. If you allow me to sit here I will not mind if you view such material as I am drawing it or pass it to you. I will also not mind if you 'oggle' me during class. In order to better emphasize my point I will now give you the photograph I took for reference," she went on, grabbing a polaroid from her bag and passing it over to Robert.

"At this stage I believe this is what they know as 'merely flirting'. If you would allow us to grow closer other benefits may be achievable," Claire finished.

Robert's eyes went wide as he saw the drawing Claire made of herself, "I, um... uh..."

His face turned beet red, and Robert debated with himself whether he should run or compliment her use of shading and attention to detail.

Lentrax
2015-01-15, 10:31 PM
Oh my gods, I know who you are. You're Kurigama Suki!

As Suki made her way across the room, she suddenly found her head buried in something soft. Admittedly, the feeling was not entirely unwelcome. But she had to push herself out of that soft world and up at the face of her assailant.

Reh? I seriously doubt I have any fans here in America. <I didn't even know anyone outside of Japan bought it...>

DoctorFaust
2015-01-15, 10:37 PM
Erica starts to shake her head, but stops to consider. "Maybe. I could actually be talking about the lines though." She shrugs non-comittally.
"I did want cotton candy this morning. Could you do me a favor, Molly? I want to see that girl's drawing, she might be able to help me with my anatomy if its actually in proportion."

"Uh, no. Definitely no. If you want 'reference images' you can get them yourself."

Anubis Dread
2015-01-15, 10:38 PM
Robert's eyes went wide as he saw the drawing Claire made of herself, "I, um... uh..."

His face turned beet red, and Robert debated with himself whether he should run or compliment her use of shading and attention to detail.

He seemed to be hesitant. Usually when others admire a work of art or something they find aesthetically pleasing they comment on it right away. When one hestitated it was usually to find words to express displeasure without being rude.

"Is this image not to your liking?" Claire asked, sticking her hand back into her bag. "I may be able to find others that would please you if this is insufficient."

Q'telun
2015-01-15, 10:43 PM
"Rude." She sighs and pushes her chair back, then meanders slowly over to Robert and plucks the drawing out of his hands. She studies it very carefully, looking between the subject and the art.

"Oh, Japanese style. This isn't helpful." She looks at Robert with half lidded eyes, a mixture of boredom and sleep on her face.

"Are you the boyfriend with the pants problem?"

Illven
2015-01-15, 10:44 PM
Oh my gods, I know who you are. You're Kurigama Suki!

As Suki made her way across the room, she suddenly found her head buried in something soft. Admittedly, the feeling was not entirely unwelcome. But she had to push herself out of that soft world and up at the face of her assailant.

Reh? I seriously doubt I have any fans here in America. <I didn't even know anyone outside of Japan bought it...>

Oh, well you have at least one! She beamed. She then noticed where your head was, and then lets you go blushing.

Oh, heh, sorry. She said rubbing the back of her head. If you need any help. Please ask me. She beamed.

Anubis Dread
2015-01-15, 10:53 PM
"Rude." She sighs and pushes her chair back, then meanders slowly over to Robert and plucks the drawing out of his hands. She studies it very carefully, looking between the subject and the art.

"Oh, Japanese style. This isn't helpful." She looks at Robert with half lidded eyes, a mixture of boredom and sleep on her face.

"Are you the boyfriend with the pants problem?"

"Do you have a pants problem?" Claire asked, blinking somewhat in surprise. "If so that is acceptable. I could likely arrange for supplements or medication of some kind however."

Turning her attention to the girl, Claire looked at her levelly. "Could you please return that image? I belive it would be damaging if it were to be viewed by someone else. That said I am intrigued that you can identify the style with which I learned how to draw. I attempted to be photo-realistic but most aids were of the animes and mangas persuasion. Most especially the hentais. Do you also draw the hentais? I am guessing so as the image seemed rather pedestrian to you from your expression."

Q'telun
2015-01-15, 10:57 PM
"Do you have a pants problem?" Claire asked, blinking somewhat in surprise. "If so that is acceptable. I could likely arrange for supplements or medication of some kind however."

Turning her attention to the girl, Claire looked at her levelly. "Could you please return that image? I belive it would be damaging if it were to be viewed by someone else. That said I am intrigued that you can identify the style with which I learned how to draw. I attempted to be photo-realistic but most aids were of the animes and mangas persuasion. Most especially the hentais. Do you also draw the hentais? I am guessing so as the image seemed rather pedestrian to you from your expression."

She shakes her head. "I paint. The picture is just something I see every morning in the shower. Well, with less coverings. And sometimes more red." She hands the drawing back to Claire. "Your form is good, but it isn't helpful to me. And I don't actually know him, so he might not be interesting enough to have a pants problem."

Lentrax
2015-01-15, 11:00 PM
Oh, heh, sorry. She said rubbing the back of her head. If you need any help. Please ask me.

I... ehh... Thanks Suki fumbles around the words for a minute and then bows.

Angelalex242
2015-01-15, 11:07 PM
Maya wasn't quite sure what to do with this...but there was always one thing she could be sure of. The will of God would lead her down the paths that are right.

"Not my will, but thine be done.

Fortune Talisman activated, on myself and Claire. Then, Just as Planned on Claire. Her mod should be +8 now, so it's a solid bet. Maya herself uses Luck, neutral roll +2.

Illven
2015-01-15, 11:11 PM
Oh, heh, sorry. She said rubbing the back of her head. If you need any help. Please ask me.

I... ehh... Thanks Suki fumbles around the words for a minute and then bows.

So adorable. Rebecca squeed.

Esprit15
2015-01-15, 11:12 PM
Sakuya walks up behind the girls, putting an arm around Claire and Erica. "Must you two be fighting over porn in the class? I would imagine that that's not exactly permitted in the school."

Q'telun
2015-01-15, 11:16 PM
"Its hardly porn. All her places were covered. It was at most softcore. I happen to have a lot of that at home, if you want to borrow it sometime."

Anubis Dread
2015-01-15, 11:49 PM
"I believe I also have some in here of that variety as well," Claire replied, passing the drawing back for Robert to keep before rummaging through her bag. "I just did not think something of that variety would be a good choice to show off for flirtation. I do have some images of both myself in more scandalous positions and transcriptions from hentai images to use as a reference. If we are attempting to bolster each others ability to draw the erotic it would make sense to 'compare notes'."

Amaril
2015-01-15, 11:58 PM
For a long, long moment, Jill just sits and listens as the conversations of the group spin off in their various directions, too dumbfounded to really process them. She stares slack-jawed at Claire, trying to find words for her reaction and failing. She can't quite shake the feeling that something has just gone deeply, fundamentally wrong with the workings of the universe. Here she sits, her reputation practically founded on being the brazen one in any social circle she participated in, and suddenly Claire, of all people, does this. Where the hell did that come from?
Finally, she's able to get her brain back in some semblance of order. "Damn, Claire, since when have you been into that kind of stuff? Can I take a look at those?" As she steps in closer to see the drawings, she furtively taps the younger girl on the shoulder and whispers "by the way, not that I'm not proud of you, but you should probably ask people if they're cool with it before you show them this stuff. It's sort of bad manners to just throw it in their faces."

Anubis Dread
2015-01-16, 12:27 AM
Claire's brow creased slightly in what passed for confusion considering her usually emotionless mask. "It is hentai. It is intended to titillate. If I do not show it to the person I intend to titillate it can not sexually arouse them. I learned the skill of drawing to demonstrate sexually arousing material to a prospective boyfriend. I also learned it to better understand anatomy to aid in the procuring of a boyfriend in other ways. Since it is designed to titillate potential mates it makes no sense not to show it to one I find desirable."

Turning to Robert, Claire continued. "Do you not agree Robert? It is sexually stimulating correct?"

Esprit15
2015-01-16, 12:41 AM
"Are you deaf or stupid, Claire?" She grabs at the girl's drawing, crumpling it if she can get ahold. "This is about the least appropriate time and place for you to share your... Hobbies. Now, I will tell you once: get out of my way, and never pull that garbage out in my presence again." She stares down at the girl, making sure to keep eye contact as much as possible.

DoctorFaust
2015-01-16, 12:48 AM
Molly jumps up, stepping between Claire and Sakuya with surprising speed. "Hey, schweinehund," she says, bristling up. "I get that you don't like it, but do you really have to that much of a jerk?"

Amaril
2015-01-16, 12:48 AM
"Hey, calm your tits Sakuya" Jill rounds on Becca's sister as she notices her. She and Sakuya had never gotten along--not that Sakuya really got along with anybody, but Jill couldn't help but suspect their particular animosity might have something to do with her history with Rebecca, which bothered her even more because Rebecca herself was completely fine with it. "She might have crossed a line a little, but there's no need to get bent out of shape about it. And don't call it garbage," she says with a consoling look back at Claire, "it's perfectly lovely artwork." Turning her back on Sakuya, she addresses Claire again. "Look, sweetie, I can explain why you need to ask, but it'll take me a few minutes. Do you want to come sit with me so we can talk?"

Anubis Dread
2015-01-16, 12:54 AM
This was a rather aggressive response. Then again it was to be expected. Robert as a 'player'. Does this mean that Sakuya was the 'bi-atch who is out to take my man'? This particular party was said to display extensive hostility and an intense desire for the player. Both seemed to be on display here. Then again perhaps she really had committed a social faux pass of some kind.

"In all fairness this was intended to only be shared with Robert. I did not take it out around you or anyone else but him. But it seems to have achieved attention from others despite my attempts to be subtle." Subtle with the other students anyway. Claire didn't really understand 'subtle' romantically. "If you know of this fact and still seek to educate me I will gladly accept tutelage," Claire accepts Jill's invitation. It seemed unlikely she would get her choice spot with so many aggressive parties around. What's more if she had made a social misstep she had to ensure it did not happen again.

Angelalex242
2015-01-16, 12:59 AM
The Lord leads Maya on the paths that are right...

and on to the paths of the Lord walks Maya right into the best seat in the house, as far as Robert is concerned, anyway.

The meek shall inherit the earth. Or at least the best place to talk to the new guy.

It's so good to see here. Are you enjoying things so far?

Q'telun
2015-01-16, 01:10 AM
Erica disregards this entire conversation, as the mysterious pants boyfriend has yet to surface. She heads back to her seat and continues drawing.

Esprit15
2015-01-16, 01:19 AM
"You're a subtle as a solar flare, but not nearly as bright." She turns to the other girl as she pipes up. "I'll call it what it is. If you want to disagree, I can ask a third party. I'm sure the principal will love to hear about you sharing your 'art.'" Annoyed, she takes her seat.

She smiles to Robert, extending a hand to the boy. "Apologies for that scene. I'm Sakuya. And you would be?" She changes from feigned politeness to borderline girly on a dime.

DoctorFaust
2015-01-16, 01:38 AM
Molly glares at the taller girl as she sits back down. "Yeah, you can call it what you like, but it doesn't make you any less of a..."

Momentarily lost in a thought, she begins twirling her hair around a finger. "Huh. I'm more out of practice with my German than I thought I was. It doesn't make you any less of a... uh, a miststück? Yeah, a miststück.

Amaril
2015-01-16, 01:40 AM
Jill starts as Sakuya takes her seat--in her surprise at Claire's boldness, she'd forgotten all about Robert. Unfortunately, it seems all the seats adjacent to him are taken. Balls. Ah well, the day's young yet. She reaches for Claire's hand as naturally as she had Robert's. "Alright, come on. We can sit by Becca...and her new friend, I guess." Heading for a pair of vacant seats next to the other girls, she approached the pink-and-blue-haired girl and extended her other hand. "Hey, you're new too, right? I'd definitely have remembered you. I'm Jill. Cool hair." She looks apologetically over at Becca. "Sorry for ditching you, I got kind of distracted."

Illven
2015-01-16, 01:48 AM
You don't know her? Rebecca asked, slightly curious as to how that was possible.

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-16, 02:29 AM
Robert finally managed to break out of his shock-induced stupor and hastily stuffed the drawing in his pocket, deciding that he'd figure out what to do with it later. As the other students scrambled to their seats, Robert sat down in a seat at the edge of the classroom, hoping to get some breathing room. In the mad dash to her seat, Rebecca manages to knock over another student's coffee thermos. He lets out a yell as the coffee stains the front of his pants. "Son of a..." he mutters as he leaves to clean himself, vacating the seat behind Robert for Rebecca to take for herself.

Sakuya manages to fend off any competitors for the seat in from of Robert with a glare, and Maya manages to grab the seat next to Robert. Meanwhile, Claire and Erica manage to secure a position diagonal to Robert, and while Molly ends up on the other side of Erica and just a little too far to be near him, Robert shoots her a look that says 'sorry' to her.

Quite a few ties, so Maya, Sakuya, and Rebecca get +2 VP, and Claire, Erica, and Molly get +1 VP.

Robert leans forward and whispers to Sakuya, "Robert. I apologize for not reacting to your greeting earlier. I was still... processing what exactly I was seeing. And while your reaction was a little blunt for my tastes, your heart seemed to at least be in the right place." He mutters to himself, "Though it was rather well done, I must say."

He turned and gave a small smile to Maya, "I guess. I never expected public school to be so... lively, for one."

Illven
2015-01-16, 02:38 AM
Heh. You should see us during spirit week. Rebecca stated, she then leaned over Robert. (Accidentally giving him a nice view down her shirt.) to Sakuya.

Twin days our favorite, right sis! She calls.

Esprit15
2015-01-16, 02:40 AM
"Thank you. I like to assist the teachers in making sure rules are followed. I can be very... persuasive."

She leans up next to her sister. "Yep! Best twins last year. Though I needed padding to be really indistinguishable..."

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-16, 02:44 AM
Heh. You should see us during spirit week. Rebecca stated, she then leaned over Robert. (Accidentally giving him a nice view down her shirt.) to Sakuya.

Twin days our favorite, right sis! She calls.

"Thank you. I like to assist the teachers in making sure rules are followed. I can be very... persuasive."

She leans up next to her sister. "Yep! Best twins last year. Though I needed padding to be really indistinguishable..."

"That's rather commendable of you." He blinks at Rebecca's statement, and looks between the two of them, "She's your sister, huh? Seeing you both here, I can certainly see the resemblance."

Angelalex242
2015-01-16, 02:52 AM
It must very disorienting. Is there anything I can do for you to ease your mind?

Maya, still walking by faith, hoped there was something she could do.

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-16, 02:56 AM
It must very disorienting. Is there anything I can do for you to ease your mind?

Maya, still walking by faith, hoped there was something she could do.

Robert shakes his head, "Not that I can think of, no. After all, my biggest worry about moving to a new school had already been solved. Much quicker than I expected, too."

Angelalex242
2015-01-16, 02:57 AM
Which worry was that? You seem a bit...overwhelmed, if I may say.

She hopes she isn't part of any such overwhelming.

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-16, 03:15 AM
Which worry was that? You seem a bit...overwhelmed, if I may say.

She hopes she isn't part of any such overwhelming.

"Making friends," he said with a smile, "Though all of them being girls thus far is rather surprising. The day is young though, I suppose."

Angelalex242
2015-01-16, 03:21 AM
I'm sure that state of affairs will not be indefinite, but beware of jealousy. The situation you are in might be the cause of some envy among your peers.

She can imagine the other boys in their class being somewhat mean to him over what he seems to have gained. Indeed, she noticed the other girls formed a sort of wall around him from the boys in the class.

Lentrax
2015-01-16, 09:30 AM
As everyone takes their seats, Suki realizes that the only seat left seems to be in the middle of the room, far enough away from the girl who has been showing off her... well she called it Hentai, but unless there were tentacles involved it really probably wasn't. And she was therefore pretty surprised to see a hand appear before her along with a voice asking if she was new. Not entire sure of what to do with this girl's hand, Suki reached out and awkwardly (not to mention incorrectly) took it in hers.

Umm, yes. I am new here. My name is Kurigama Suki. And I am more surprised that anyone here knows me at all, than not.

Anubis Dread
2015-01-16, 10:29 AM
It seemed as though the struggle for seats had been rather anti-climatic. Almost everyone was next to Robert in some capacity. She was not in the most ideal seat however. She had allowed the confrontation to dislodge her. She was disappointed in this fact. By providing titillating imagery she had hoped Robert would put up more of a fight to have her directly adjacent. It seemed as though Robert was a 'push over' as they said. Was it possible for someone to be both a 'player' and a 'push over'? She would need to look into that.

"I am glad you have located friends," Claire replied simply. "I am not sure if jealousy would be appropriate. You would need to be dating one or more of us to achieve that type of jealousy from those of the same sexual persuasion. Using 'dating' as a catch all term for both a romantic relationship and a purely physical one."

Amaril
2015-01-16, 11:44 AM
Jill gives the new girl an encouraging smile as, by way of apparently necessary explanation, she firmly shakes her hand. "Kurigama Suki...that sounds familiar..." She furrows her brow in thought, trying to remember where she's heard it before. "Wait, you're that J-pop singer Becca's super into! She's made me listen to all your music, it's pretty great." She finally grabs one of the last available seats, which places Suki, and just about everyone else, between her and Robert. "So, what are you doing all the way on the other side of the planet?"

Q'telun
2015-01-16, 01:18 PM
Erica stops drawing what appears to be an apple and a dandelion being friends to lean over and tap Robert on the arm. "You never answered my question. Are you Betty's boyfriend, and do you have an issue with your tackle? Also, are you any good at photography? Molly is adequate, but I need talent for my next project."

Lentrax
2015-01-16, 02:37 PM
"So, what are you doing all the way on the other side of the planet?"

Father took an offer to head the research department at the Sakotai corporation offices here in America.

Illven
2015-01-16, 03:28 PM
"That's rather commendable of you." He blinks at Rebecca's statement, and looks between the two of them, "She's your sister, huh? Seeing you both here, I can certainly see the resemblance."

Yeah, me and sis, are Fraternal twins. Becca explained, at Sakuya's padding comment, she leaned over.

I offered to wear padding, sis.

Anubis Dread
2015-01-16, 03:33 PM
The competition seemed rather daunting. Twins were considered to be attractive. Not only were celebrities attractive mates but having a celebrity of her own age may detract popularity from her even outside of a romantic context. This made the prospects of being in this class and pursuing Robert intimidating. However it also proved Robert was desirable enough to seek as a boyfriend. She would simply need to apply herself fully to the endevour.

"You are a performer?" Claire asked Suki, pulling up her phone to quickly google her. "Are you a popular one? If you are a popular one why are you currently attending a public school? I do not mean offence by that question. The same could be said of me. I am merely curious."

DoctorFaust
2015-01-16, 03:35 PM
"Hey, that's not what you said the last time you had me photograph for you," Molly protests. "You called me pretty good, I thought."

"I feel like I should warn you, though," she says, grinning again. "Erica has a very interesting idea of what it is a photography assistant does. At one point she tried to have me model and photograph at the same time."

Lentrax
2015-01-16, 04:25 PM
"You are a performer?" Claire asked Suki, pulling up her phone to quickly google her. "Are you a popular one? If you are a popular one why are you currently attending a public school? I do not mean offence by that question. The same could be said of me. I am merely curious."[/QUOTE]

I was a Seiyuu in Japan. I had one album and a couple of minor voice roles. Of course, my family's decision to move here to America curtailed my career somewhat, and I have also had to turn down the role of Mittens, one of the... Errm, not sure how this translates.... The <Kitten Kommandoes>

Illven
2015-01-16, 04:38 PM
"You are a performer?" Claire asked Suki, pulling up her phone to quickly google her. "Are you a popular one? If you are a popular one why are you currently attending a public school? I do not mean offence by that question. The same could be said of me. I am merely curious."

I was a Seiyuu in Japan. I had one album and a couple of minor voice roles. Of course, my family's decision to move here to America curtailed my career somewhat, and I have also had to turn down the role of Mittens, one of the... Errm, not sure how this translates.... The <Kitten Kommandoes>

Becca overhearing this.

Translation issues? I can help. She states.

Anubis Dread
2015-01-16, 05:11 PM
Tapping away at her phone, Claire didn't look up to reply. "No need. I think you are referring to the Kitten Komandoes?" That's what a google search for Mittens seiyu Kurigama Suki turned up. "It says that was a rather auspicious role. Would you prefer to have not moved?"

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-16, 05:16 PM
It seemed as though the struggle for seats had been rather anti-climatic. Almost everyone was next to Robert in some capacity. She was not in the most ideal seat however. She had allowed the confrontation to dislodge her. She was disappointed in this fact. By providing titillating imagery she had hoped Robert would put up more of a fight to have her directly adjacent. It seemed as though Robert was a 'push over' as they said. Was it possible for someone to be both a 'player' and a 'push over'? She would need to look into that.

"I am glad you have located friends," Claire replied simply. "I am not sure if jealousy would be appropriate. You would need to be dating one or more of us to achieve that type of jealousy from those of the same sexual persuasion. Using 'dating' as a catch all term for both a romantic relationship and a purely physical one."

Robert looked over at Claire, "In a purely logical world, that would be true. But Maya's right, my current... 'luck' might upset some of the other students."

Erica stops drawing what appears to be an apple and a dandelion being friends to lean over and tap Robert on the arm. "You never answered my question. Are you Betty's boyfriend, and do you have an issue with your tackle? Also, are you any good at photography? Molly is adequate, but I need talent for my next project."

"Hey, that's not what you said the last time you had me photograph for you," Molly protests. "You called me pretty good, I thought."

"I feel like I should warn you, though," she says, grinning again. "Erica has a very interesting idea of what it is a photography assistant does. At one point she tried to have me model and photograph at the same time."

"Huh? I'm... no, I'm not Betty's boyfriend." He blushes, "And I don't have an issue with my... Erica, was it? I'm Robert/"

He turns to Molly, "That actually sounds interesting. I'm curious to see what that looks like."

Becca overhearing this.

Translation issues? I can help. She states.

"I could as well," Robert says, unsure of whether Suki can even hear her from behind Becca, "I mean, my Japanese isn't the best, but I know enough to translate some things. Like your show would be called 'Kitten Kommandos' in English, for instance. I'm Robert, by the way."

Lentrax
2015-01-16, 05:30 PM
And the she see him.

The curtain pulls back, the music hammers up, and suddenly, she is alone with Kansas singing Dream Weaver.

Yeah, she says breathlessly. That sounds about right...

Amaril
2015-01-16, 05:36 PM
Jill watches Suki's reaction to Robert with raised eyebrows. Well, he really does seem to be drawing a lot of attention...guess I shouldn't be surprised. She shakes her head and chuckles. "Well, I hope things here work out just as well as back home. And hey, if you need any advice about how things work here, consider me at your disposal."

Q'telun
2015-01-16, 05:47 PM
"Huh? I'm... no, I'm not Betty's boyfriend." He blushes, "And I don't have an issue with my... Erica, was it? I'm Robert/"

He turns to Molly, "That actually sounds interesting. I'm curious to see what that looks like."

"It worked, I guess. Planet didn't explode or anything. And yes, you are Robert." She regards him critically. "Not interesting, but nice cheekbones. Is it the cheekbones?"

She turns back over to Molly. "Are you attracted to his cheekbones, or is there something interesting that I'm missing?"

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-16, 06:14 PM
And the she see him.

The curtain pulls back, the music hammers up, and suddenly, she is alone with Kansas singing Dream Weaver.

Yeah, she says breathlessly. That sounds about right...

"Oh, good. Like I said, I'm a little rusty, but I can manage at least a couple words."

"It worked, I guess. Planet didn't explode or anything. And yes, you are Robert." She regards him critically. "Not interesting, but nice cheekbones. Is it the cheekbones?"

She turns back over to Molly. "Are you attracted to his cheekbones, or is there something interesting that I'm missing?"

"Hey! I'll have you know I can be rather interesting when given the chance!"

Amaril
2015-01-16, 06:19 PM
"Yeah, come on Erica, that was mean" Jill admonishes her classmate from her annoyingly distant position. "Everyone is interesting, and anyway, you don't even know Rob yet. Although" she admits, giving Robert a flirtatious grin, "you do have beautiful cheekbones."

Q'telun
2015-01-16, 06:20 PM
"Hey! I'll have you know I can be rather interesting when given the chance!"

"You can't just say that, you have to demonstrate it. Are you telekintetic? Do you have a dark and sordid past? Can you read my mind? I'd be rather impressed by that last one." She explains this slowly, as if speaking to a small child. Or maybe she just decided to speak that way for amusement. Who knows.

Anubis Dread
2015-01-16, 06:21 PM
"I am sure you are interesting. You would not be desirable if you were not interesting," Claire assures Robert. Wait a moment... she had not been paying full attention but it seemed he had said something important a little bit earlier.

"Wait. You do not suffer from errectile dysfunction?" Claire asked. "If that is the case did my material cause the desired reaction?"

Illven
2015-01-16, 06:31 PM
At this Becca facepalmed.

This year's going to be a fun year... Isn't it....

Angelalex242
2015-01-16, 06:34 PM
Well, Becca, you always wondered why I pray so frequently. I think it is beginning to become clear to you.

Maya had a rather wry look...she wasn't doing any evangelizing here, instead, making it seem like everyone around here needed to pray just to keep anything remotely resembling their sanity in tact.

Illven
2015-01-16, 06:43 PM
Well, Becca, you always wondered why I pray so frequently. I think it is beginning to become clear to you.

Maya had a rather wry look...she wasn't doing any evangelizing here, instead, making it seem like everyone around here needed to pray just to keep anything remotely resembling their sanity in tact.

I feel like the only sane woman. She complained.

Q'telun
2015-01-16, 06:45 PM
I feel like the only sane woman. She complained.

"If you have to say it, you probably aren't."

Angelalex242
2015-01-16, 06:55 PM
When you try to make sense of life, life usually breaks you. It takes an infinite mind to truly comprehend everything in everyone's head. So I don't try to do it all myself. I leave that to be someone else's job, and just try to be the best Maya I can be.

Ultimately, she's responsible for her own actions, which are usually pretty benevolent.

Illven
2015-01-16, 06:58 PM
When you try to make sense of life, life usually breaks you. It takes an infinite mind to truly comprehend everything in everyone's head. So I don't try to do it all myself. I leave that to be someone else's job, and just try to be the best Maya I can be.

Ultimately, she's responsible for her own actions, which are usually pretty benevolent.

That's depressing. Becca said glumly.

Anubis Dread
2015-01-16, 06:59 PM
"I believe the concept in question is 'sucker logic'," Claire replied. "Poker is won by identifying the sucker in question and using the knowledge that they are the sucker to extract money from them. The logic then posits that if you do not have the skills to indentify the sucker in question then the odds suggest that it is you. The same can be applied to our current social circle. If you cannot tell you is the most unhinged of your companions the odds suggest it is you."

Could she tell who was craziest? Likely the only one to threaten her with physical violence.

Amaril
2015-01-16, 07:01 PM
Jill laughs genuinely at the discussion of sanity. "Honestly, I doubt anyone can really claim to be sane in this crowd." She gives Robert another grin, this one more rueful than flirtatious. "Welcome to Wonderland, Robbie. We're all mad here."

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-16, 07:17 PM
"You can't just say that, you have to demonstrate it. Are you telekintetic? Do you have a dark and sordid past? Can you read my mind? I'd be rather impressed by that last one." She explains this slowly, as if speaking to a small child. Or maybe she just decided to speak that way for amusement. Who knows.

"Um... no, no and... no." Robert hung his head in shame, "Ah, who am I kidding? Most interesting thing I've done this week is eat something that I'm pretty sure was fried octopus."

"I am sure you are interesting. You would not be desirable if you were not interesting," Claire assures Robert. Wait a moment... she had not been paying full attention but it seemed he had said something important a little bit earlier.

"Wait. You do not suffer from errectile dysfunction?" Claire asked. "If that is the case did my material cause the desired reaction?"

"Uh, um..." Robert chose his next words very carefully, "Well, I guess that depends on what reaction you were aiming for. I will admit it was rather well done, however. Technically, I mean. You have a great eye for detail."

Jill laughs genuinely at the discussion of sanity. "Honestly, I doubt anyone can really claim to be sane in this crowd." She gives Robert another grin, this one more rueful than flirtatious. "Welcome to Wonderland, Robbie. We're all mad here."

"Thanks for the warning," Robert said, "And who knows? Maybe I'll even get used to it eventually."

Illven
2015-01-16, 07:17 PM

Gods, haven't watched that movie in years. Becca admitted. You ever watch Disney movies Rob.

Anubis Dread
2015-01-16, 07:20 PM
To say something was well done technically meant it did not appeal to one on a purely subjective level. In other words she was a decent artist and moderately attractive. However he did not have tastes that aligned with her body.

"Am I not considered attractive by you?" Clair asks, her brow creasing slightly in concern.

Esprit15
2015-01-16, 07:20 PM
That's depressing. Becca said glumly.
"Well it's not like she is right. The universe is quite comprehensible. It follows laws and is predictable. People are no different. I love trying to understand people, reading their actions and what they mean."

"I can speak for Becca's sanity even if I can't speak for my own. She's clumsy but otherwise normal."

Q'telun
2015-01-16, 07:23 PM
"Um... no, no and... no." Robert hung his head in shame, "Ah, who am I kidding? Most interesting thing I've done this week is eat something that I'm pretty sure was fried octopus."

She nods quite solemnly. "That only counts if you caught them yourself. You should come take photos with me. At me. Of me. It will be interesting." She frowns. "Betty might actually be better for this."

Amaril
2015-01-16, 07:27 PM
Jill frowned concernedly as Robert hung his head. "Hey, come on, don't say that. Like I said, everyone's interesting, and I happen to think you're more interesting than most at first impression." At Becca's mention of the movie, she turned her head and gasped in mock outrage. "My dear Rebecca, do you mean to say you've never read the original book? This is a travesty! It's a classic!" She giggled at her own joke. "Seriously, though, it's great. I used to love it when I was younger."
She turns on Sakuya in more genuine displeasure when she speaks up. "Sakuya, if there's one thing I know for sure, it's that nobody in the entire world is normal."

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-16, 07:32 PM
Gods, haven't watched that movie in years. Becca admitted. You ever watch Disney movies Rob.

"A couple." he replies, "I imagine that it's hard to grow up and not see at least one of them. I particularly like 'Hercules' myself."

To say something was well done technically meant it did not appeal to one on a purely subjective level. In other words she was a decent artist and moderately attractive. However he did not have tastes that aligned with her body.

"Am I not considered attractive by you?" Claire asks, her brow creasing slightly in concern.

"No! I mean, yes, you are rather attractive. I didn't mean to insult you."

Man, why can't I stop putting my foot in my mouth? he wondered to himself.

"Well it's not like she is right. The universe is quite comprehensible. It follows laws and is predictable. People are no different. I love trying to understand people, reading their actions and what they mean."

"I can speak for Becca's sanity even if I can't speak for my own. She's clumsy but otherwise normal."

"I'll keep your recommendation in mind." Robert replied with a smile, "And I do agree that it's possible to guess people's intentions. But I imagine it is something one would have to have a gift for to do well."

Illven
2015-01-16, 07:32 PM
Jill frowned concernedly as Robert hung his head. "Hey, come on, don't say that. Like I said, everyone's interesting, and I happen to think you're more interesting than most at first impression." At Becca's mention of the movie, she turned her head and gasped in mock outrage. "My dear Rebecca, do you mean to say you've never read the original book? This is a travesty! It's a classic!" She giggled at her own joke. "Seriously, though, it's great. I used to love it when I was younger."
She turns on Sakuya in more genuine displeasure when she speaks up. "Sakuya, if there's one thing I know for sure, it's that nobody in the entire world is normal."

I haven't even read the snow Queen, and I loved Frozen.... Well it had a ton of potential, but then they decided to not focus on the crazy hot ice sorceress for favor of generic princess.... thirteen? She asks unsure of how many princesses Disney now has.

Amaril
2015-01-16, 07:36 PM
"Yeah, I never read The Snow Queen either" Jill admits with a noncommittal shrug. "But you know I'm totally with you on the generic princess-hot ice sorceress thing. Although that song got old after about a day."

Anubis Dread
2015-01-16, 07:43 PM
" 'Rather'?" Claire asked concerned. "Is there any particular feature that does not meet your expectations?" The picture featured her in a bikini, focusing primarily on the chest area. If that were the case... "Are my breasts not significant enough in size?" she asked puzzled, looking down and briefly hefting her H cups. "I was under the impression that they were above average in volume."

Illven
2015-01-16, 07:45 PM
"Yeah, I never read The Snow Queen either" Jill admits with a noncommittal shrug. "But you know I'm totally with you on the generic princess-hot ice sorceress thing. Although that song got old after about a day."

I know, right! It's like Why would you even focus on the princess as the main character. Sorceress that can't control her powers is such a good concept. Especially with the large scale destruction Elsa could do. Rebecca started, She'd probably be on this for awhile, :smalltongue:

Amaril
2015-01-16, 07:50 PM
Jill keeps laughing as Becca launches into her tirade. "Hey, I was agreeing with you the whole way out of the theater, remember? I'm just disappointed we didn't get to see Elsa naked when she was switching to the ice dress, but I fear the age when Disney becomes so enlightened may never come within the span of my life" she laments.

DoctorFaust
2015-01-16, 07:55 PM

"I can say from experience that the original is much better," Molly interjects. "Actually, that's true for almost all of Hans Christian Anderson's stuff. Or the Brothers Grimm."

Anubis Dread
2015-01-16, 07:57 PM
"The risk of hypothermia from being naked in a winter capable of freezing waterfalls and trees would be unacceptably high," Claire points out. "Surprisingly however the risk of contracting hypothermia from wearing a dress of ice during such conditions is significantly higher. Therefore it would make sense that said dress is somehow magically warm. This makes no logical sense as such magic would also cause it to melt. Conversely magic makes no logical sense to begin with. Leeway is advised."

Illven
2015-01-16, 07:58 PM
"I can say from experience that the original is much better," Molly interjects. "Actually, that's true for almost all of Hans Christian Anderson's stuff. Or the Brothers Grimm."

Oh? Rebecca asked curious.

"The risk of hypothermia from being naked in a winter capable of freezing waterfalls and trees would be unacceptably high," Claire points out. "Surprisingly however the risk of contracting hypothermia from wearing a dress of ice during such conditions is significantly higher. Therefore it would make sense that said dress is somehow magically warm. This makes no logical sense as such magic would also cause it to melt. Conversely magic makes no logical sense to begin with. Leeway is advised."

Resist energy is a second level spell. Rebecca replied reflexively.

Amaril
2015-01-16, 07:59 PM
"You're forgetting the simple explanation, Claire" Jill counters. "Elsa's powers make her immune to cold. The song confirms as much. She could've gone as naked as she wanted and wouldn't have even noticed."

Esprit15
2015-01-16, 08:03 PM
"A couple." he replies, "I imagine that it's hard to grow up and not see at least one of them. I particularly like 'Hercules' myself."

"No! I mean, yes, you are rather attractive. I didn't mean to insult you."

Man, why can't I stop putting my foot in my mouth? he wondered to himself.

"I'll keep your recommendation in mind." Robert replied with a smile, "And I do agree that it's possible to guess people's intentions. But I imagine it is something one would have to have a gift for to do well."
"Sometimes. People aren't as complicated as they pretend to be, I often find." She looks in annoyance at Claire. Was she a robot, or really just dense? "You know one of the major points of her abilities was controlling just about all aspects of cold. I think leeway is already implied."

Anubis Dread
2015-01-16, 08:04 PM
"Resist Energy has a time limit of approximately 10 minutes per level. Keeping it up for a 24 hour period would thus be impossible as you require an 8 hour window with no spell casting in order to restore your spell slots," Claire noted. "The exception is if you are Persisting said spell through the use of Divine Metamagic. However Elsa is almost certainly a sorcerer. This makes the odds of such a feat low." She'd never played D&D before, but some kids at her middle school were into it. It made sense to study the books in order to relate to them better in case they ever interacted.

"That is a possibility. I believe she is shown shivering at many points however. None the less it is still a good movie even if there are leaps of logic and a dirthe of naked attractive females. Seven out of ten stars," Claire replied.

Illven
2015-01-16, 08:10 PM
"Resist Energy has a time limit of approximately 10 minutes per level. Keeping it up for a 24 hour period would thus be impossible as you require an 8 hour window with no spell casting in order to restore your spell slots," Claire noted. "The exception is if you are Persisting said spell through the use of Divine Metamagic. However Elsa is almost certainly a sorcerer. This makes the odds of such a feat low." She'd never played D&D before, but some kids at her middle school were into it. It made sense to study the books in order to relate to them better in case they ever interacted.

"That is a possibility. I believe she is shown shivering at many points however. None the less it is still a good movie even if there are leaps of logic and a dirthe of naked attractive females. Seven out of ten stars," Claire replied.

Rebecca sits there opened month for a moment. Then preens her hair.

Well she could persist it standardly, if she is capable of casting 8th level spells which she probably is. Do, you want to come over later and maybe join a D&d game in the near future. She offered.

Anubis Dread
2015-01-16, 08:15 PM
Rebecca sits there opened month for a moment. Then preens her hair.

Well she could persist it standardly, if she is capable of casting 8th level spells which she probably is. Do, you want to come over later and maybe join a D&d game in the near future. She offered.

"That is quite possible. The only counter-argument I can place is that if she does so she is using an 8th level spell slot to persist Resist Energy," Claire replied. "Then again she could also use a similar spell slot to planar bind an outsider to permanently apply Resist Energy unto herself via Wish. Or perhaps alter her sub-type to Cold. I do not actually believe her to be this high level. However achieving a spells of caster level two or three higher than ones you could cast normally is trivial."

Claire blinked in surprise. She should probably reject the invitation. However all these girls would be accompanying Robert on a regular basis. In addition high school required to have a vibrant out of school social calendar, unlike middle school which was not quite as onerous. "I accept," Claire replied finally.

DoctorFaust
2015-01-16, 08:16 PM
Oh? Rebecca asked curious.

"Yeah, they are," Molly replies. "For instance, Little Mermaid. You know that one from Disney, I imagine? Ariel ends up with the prince, defeats the sea witch, gets her voice back, and they all live happily ever after? Well, almost none of that happens in the Hans Christian Anderson version. It's been a year or two since I read my copy of it, but I do remember that the prince ends up with another woman, her feet constantly feel like they're being stabbed, and she dissolves into foam at the end because she can't bring herself to kill the prince for his blood."

"Cheery, right?"

Angelalex242
2015-01-16, 08:19 PM
How did we get from Disney movies to gaming? Let me guess, you still want me to play the cleric. Or the Paladin, whichever.

Sigh. Always being pestered about one of the divine casters.

Q'telun
2015-01-16, 08:21 PM
Erica finally turns her attention back to Robert, looking at him expectantly.

Amaril
2015-01-16, 08:22 PM
Jill grimaces at Molly's description of the original fairytale. "Bleh. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why anyone would want to read something like that. Aren't stories supposed to be uplifting? That just sounds depressing."

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-16, 08:22 PM
Jill keeps laughing as Becca launches into her tirade. "Hey, I was agreeing with you the whole way out of the theater, remember? I'm just disappointed we didn't get to see Elsa naked when she was switching to the ice dress, but I fear the age when Disney becomes so enlightened may never come within the span of my life" she laments.

"Probably not," Robert said, "I mean, they have a 'kid-friendly' image to maintain after all. Though it does make one wonder what effect having that show up in the movie would've done in terms of its popularity..."

"Yeah, they are," Molly replies. "For instance, Little Mermaid. You know that one from Disney, I imagine? Ariel ends up with the prince, defeats the sea witch, gets her voice back, and they all live happily ever after? Well, almost none of that happens in the Hans Christian Anderson version. It's been a year or two since I read my copy of it, but I do remember that the prince ends up with another woman, her feet constantly feel like they're being stabbed, and she dissolves into foam at the end because she can't bring herself to kill the prince for his blood."

"Yeah, I remember reading about that myself. Got to say I prefer the movie's ending"

" 'Rather'?" Claire asked concerned. "Is there any particular feature that does not meet your expectations?" The picture featured her in a bikini, focusing primarily on the chest area. If that were the case... "Are my breasts not significant enough in size?" she asked puzzled, looking down and briefly hefting her H cups. "I was under the impression that they were above average in volume."

"N-no!" he stammered, his eyes now unconsciously drawn to Claire's chest, "They're quite large enough! Not that they're too big! It's just... well, I'm not used to girls I just met handing me pictures of themselves like that. It's a little forward, you know? Not-"

At this moment, Mr. Parker the homeroom teacher walked into the room, "Sorry I'm late, everyone!"

Oh thank God...

The middle-aged teacher adjusted his jacket as he sat down, "Now, there's not much time left in homeroom, but before you all leave here today I want to go around the room and have each of you introduce yourselves to the new students, and very briefly tell me what you did this summer."

Allure D4: It's not what you say, but how you say it. Get Robert's interest with your description of summer vacation +1 VP with Robert

Luck D6: Just wing it, or make something up entirely. What's the worst that can happen? +1 VP with Robert and ???

Illven
2015-01-16, 08:27 PM
"That is quite possible. The only counter-argument I can place is that if she does so she is using an 8th level spell slot to persist Resist Energy," Claire replied. "Then again she could also use a similar spell slot to planar bind an outsider to permanently apply Resist Energy unto herself via Wish. Or perhaps alter her sub-type to Cold. I do not actually believe her to be this high level. However achieving a spells of caster level two or three higher than ones you could cast normally is trivial."

Claire blinked in surprise. She should probably reject the invitation. However all these girls would be accompanying Robert on a regular basis. In addition high school required to have a vibrant out of school social calendar, unlike middle school which was not quite as onerous. "I accept," Claire replied finally.

Awesome. Do you have any ideas for what you want to play? Becca asked.

"Cheery, right?"

And the Snow queen? Becca asked.

How did we get from Disney movies to gaming? Let me guess, you still want me to play the cleric. Or the Paladin, whichever.

Sigh. Always being pestered about one of the divine casters.

No. It's called Archvist. Your job is simple. Know every spell in the game. Becca teased.

For the roll

As Becca tries to stand up. She really, really does try.

She trips.... Again.

Luck check with Accident prone,

Q'telun
2015-01-16, 08:29 PM
"I'm Erica. I mostly painted this summer. I also met a dragon. I wasn't allowed to paint inside after that one." She says this to the room in general, not to anyone in particular.

Straight Luck, no bonuses.

Angelalex242
2015-01-16, 08:37 PM
As a surprise to absolutely nobody who knew her, Maya, when it was her turn, cheerfully told the tale of what seemed to be endless volunteer work...homeless shelters, soup kitchens, even nursing homes. The more she talks about it, the sheer volume of what she did makes it sounds like she was putting in 60 hour weeks at different facilities, and not telling any of them how much work she was doing at the others to dodge child labor laws. Despite being worked to the point even a full grown adult would call it overworked, her energy and vibrancy seems completely undamaged. God gave her strength, she'd said.

And she didn't get a dime of payment for her work, other then the spiritual fulfillment she felt from doing such things. Of course, her constant prayers (and amazing probability knowledge) made notable improvements to every charitable work she had an impact on.

Needless to say, that means her friends here at school didn't see her at all the entire summer long.

neutral allure

DoctorFaust
2015-01-16, 08:38 PM
Jill grimaces at Molly's description of the original fairytale. "Bleh. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why anyone would want to read something like that. Aren't stories supposed to be uplifting? That just sounds depressing."

Molly almost looks hurt as she turns to answer Jill. "Not all stories have to be uplifting. And not all of the Brothers Grimm is that dark, and neither is Christian Anderson. Like, the Snow Queen has a pretty happy ending. I mean, not for the queen herself, but most everyone else gets one."

When the teacher walks in, Molly clams up until her turn to speak comes, but musters the enthusiasm to brightly say, "My name is Molly Ackerman, and over the summer I went to the French Alps skiing for a week. I even managed to make it down a red piste without crashing this time.

Allure with a bonus from boyish charm. As usual.

Anubis Dread
2015-01-16, 08:38 PM
"I believe the most optimal build is to make a venerable dragonwrought kobold paladin. This is followed by-"

She couldn't keep talking like this. Their teacher was in the room, and it was her turn to speak. Standing up from her desk, Claire was momentarily surprised by the cheering and whistling of her other classmates. It seemed as though she were missed. Or perhaps it was because she had grown two cup sizes over the summer and was currently wearing a sweater. Either way she was put at ease knowing that the other students in the class room would respond well to whatever she said. In that case the only people she needed to impress was Robert and Mr Parker.

Her summer had been rather pedestrian. She had spent the entirity of it in her mansion. That would not be an optimal use of this opportunity however. She would need to fabricate. "I spent a vast majority of my summer in orbit around the earth. This was on a space station. My mother's company was involved. It was exciting. That is all."

With that Claire sat back down at her desk.

Strong Luck +1, Thaw Out is still active for +2, School Queen +2

Esprit15
2015-01-16, 08:48 PM
"Sis!" Sakuya yells as her sister takes a spill. She had tried to grab her, but... Well, this was common, but she wasn't ready for her to have such a rough first day. She goes up following Claire, and talks about her Krav Maga class.

"...and they said in four to six months, Joseph's arm will be well enough to take out of a cast."
Less is More: Copy the highest [Luck] modifier (+5 at the time of posting)

Lentrax
2015-01-17, 03:59 AM
Suki stands up and looks across the sea of faces in the room. Truth would probably be best here. Who cares what they think of me? Taking a deep breath she speaks with a clear, calm voice.

My name is Kurigama Suki. I spent most of the last few months finishing my second studio album, Dansu No Ken. I also was preparing to start voice work for an upcoming anime, but that was cancelled due to my family's abrupt move here to California.

Moe enthusiast and Star quality for a total of +2 to an Allure roll.

Amaril
2015-01-17, 12:16 PM
Jill stood up and waved cheerfully to the assembled students when it was her turn. "Hi everybody! I'm Jill, for anyone who doesn't know. My summer was pretty uneventful, I guess. I did a couple swim races and went surfing a few times, otherwise just sat at home drawing and playing Minecraft. Oh, also I started a webcomic! It's called Boundless Soul, it's an imitation Japanese magic girl-type dealie. I've only finished one chapter, but it updates Tuesdays and Fridays if you want to read it. Anyway, yeah, that's about it, I guess." She gives a mock now before returning to her seat.

Allure, no bonus.

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-17, 07:55 PM
Robert manages to catch Rebecca as she stumbles in order to keep her from face planting on the floor, mouths 'You ok?' and gives her a sympathetic smile as he lets go of her. Mr. Parker, more familiar with Rebecca's clumsiness, simply checks to make sure she isn't hurt, then shakes his head and moves on.

As the girls speak, Mr. Parker remains silent, occasionally rubbing the bridge of his nose at some of the more outlandish claims, and lets out an audible sigh at Erica's insistence that she met a dragon, though the students themselves appear entertained by it. He finally stands up to interject when Claire begins to talk about going into space, but the applause she receives from the classroom afterwards stuns him into silence. He settles for a facepalm as he squeezes back into his chair with a creak.

Despite the initial attention she dew with her appearance, Suki's story actually seems to have a negative effect on the other students, with a lot of them simply rolling their eyes and going back to not paying attention. Mr. Parker gave her a sympathetic look as he motioned for her to sit back down.

Jill didn't have much better luck, as the second she mentioned her webcomic most of the classroom's interest seemed to evaporate. It doesn't look like any of them will become new readers.

After all the girls had gone, Robert stood up and went next.

"Hello everyone. I am Robert J. Hartwell, for those of you that don't know. I moved here over the summer from Maryland, so most of my time was spent doing that. The couple of weeks not involved with that, I spent reading and hanging out with my cousin Betty, who I haven't really seen in a couple years. I hope to have a great year here at East Marshall High."

He sits down, and Mr. Parker looks at the clock, "Ok, thank you to everyone who shared today, looks like we're not going to be able to get to everybody. So get going to your next class, and I'll see you next time."

As everyone is leaving the classroom, Mr. Parker motions to Suki to come talk to him as she passes his deck. "Look," he whispers to her, "I know it's hard being a new student here, and coming here from another country must make those feelings worse, but you don't have to lie about who you are to make friends, despite what some of the other girls might have shown you here today. Just be yourself and things will work out, ok?"

Everyone but Suki and Jill earn +1 VP with Robert. Sakuya, Claire, and Rebecca will get a special benefit in a later scene.

Betty, who up to this point had been sitting in the very back corner of the room, attempts to slip out of the classroom and into the hallway unnoticed.

In the hallway itself, Robert manages to catch up to some of the girls, "Wow, sounds like a lot of you actually had a pretty good time this summer."

Esprit15
2015-01-17, 08:03 PM
Sakuya ignores any negative responses to her story. She wasn't looking for their approval. Most people seemed to at least feign amusement, and one person turned slightly pale at the mention of breaking Joseph's arm. That was good, exactly what she wanted.

"Yep. Learned a little self defense, which is never a bad thing. Maybe I could teach you a thing or two."

Illven
2015-01-17, 08:06 PM
I dm'ed my first game.... It was rather strange. Rebecca admitted.

Anubis Dread
2015-01-17, 08:13 PM
"That is indeed what happened during Summer. It was as enjoyable as it sounds. It was certainly not any form of fabrication," Claire replied. She had to stick to her lie. It would however be beneficial to share a little of what she actually did as well to bond with her potential mate. "In addition to that I spent much time on my estate. The majority of that time was spent honing my art skills and partaking in various media for research purposes. Even though much of it was for research it was still an enjoyable experience on the recreational level."

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-17, 08:27 PM
Sakuya ignores any negative responses to her story. She wasn't looking for their approval. Most people seemed to at least feign amusement, and one person turned slightly pale at the mention of breaking Joseph's arm. That was good, exactly what she wanted.

"Yep. Learned a little self defense, which is never a bad thing. Maybe I could teach you a thing or two."

"Perhaps," Robert chuckles, "Though I'm not sure I want to end up with a broken arm, and I wouldn't say that martial arts is something I'm skilled enough at to avoid something like that."

I dm'ed my first game.... It was rather strange. Rebecca admitted.

"Really?" Robert asks, "You know, I wouldn't take you to be the type to play tabletop games. Though since I've never actually played them myself I don't think I have a right to make that kind of judgement to begin with." He rubbed his chin in thought, "Could be fun, though..."

"That is indeed what happened during Summer. It was as enjoyable as it sounds. It was certainly not any form of fabrication," Claire replied. She had to stick to her lie. It would however be beneficial to share a little of what she actually did as well to bond with her potential mate. "In addition to that I spent much time on my estate. The majority of that time was spent honing my art skills and partaking in various media for research purposes. Even though much of it was for research it was still an enjoyable experience on the recreational level."

"Oh really? What kind of research?"

Illven
2015-01-17, 08:40 PM
Oh? Why do I lack the glasses of a typical nerd. Rebecca teased.

Esprit15
2015-01-17, 08:48 PM
"Well, I may have embellished how careless he was. It might have more been to do with him being a bit of a show off, so I figured he needed to be knocked down a peg. I'd be gentle with you," she says, putting an arm around the boy. "Mostly."

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-17, 09:04 PM
Oh? Why do I lack the glasses of a typical nerd. Rebecca teased.

"Among other things," Robert teased back, "You have the build of a model, not a gamer."

It took him a second to realize what he just said, and he blushed when it hit him, "Oh, I'm sorry, I... didn't mean to sound lecherous or anything."

"Well, I may have embellished how careless he was. It might have more been to do with him being a bit of a show off, so I figured he needed to be knocked down a peg. I'd be gentle with you," she says, putting an arm around the boy. "Mostly."

"Well, that's all I could ask for," Robert said with a smirk, "I guess it wouldn't hurt for me to try something new."

I hope.

Esprit15
2015-01-17, 09:18 PM
"Fun! I'll try to find a time to teach you once I get an idea of how busy this semester will be."

Illven
2015-01-17, 09:23 PM
"Among other things," Robert teased back, "You have the build of a model, not a gamer."

It took him a second to realize what he just said, and he blushed when it hit him, "Oh, I'm sorry, I... didn't mean to sound lecherous or anything."

It's fine. I got model offers, but my parents wouldn't let me. Becca says sadly.

Angelalex242
2015-01-17, 09:39 PM
It looks like everyone had a nice summer.

For all she loves helping people, it remains the case that charity work here at home just doesn't compare to outer space. Maybe she should do more dramatic charity work in Calcutta next year, or something.

At least small acts of kindness mean everything to those receiving them.

Anubis Dread
2015-01-17, 10:02 PM
"Primarily my research was divided into three portions," Claire replied. The other girl could certainly be a model that was true. However no response she could give would not come across as jealous. Jealousy was unattractive. Therefore she should not reply. "The first portion consisted of consuming romantic media. This mostly consisted of romantic comedies and novels. Some media consumed this way included Love Actually, 50 First Dates, Twilight, When Harry Met Sally, A Midsummer's Night Dream, Emma and The Note Book. The second portion consisted of consuming media considered to be sexually stimulating. Some media consumed this way included To Love Ru, Fifty Shades of Gray, Delta De Venus, Kampfer, B Gata H Kei and Love Lesbians from Rigel Seven. The third category consisted of relationship advice. This mostly consisted of searching online forums and reading magazines."

Claire paused a moment before continuing. "Though all the media in question are of differing quality they were all educational in some respects. Due to this extensive period of learning I feel I am prepared to engage in a romantic and eventually sexual relationship."

Angelalex242
2015-01-17, 10:08 PM
The thought of anyone relying on movies and books like those for figuring out how to love was fairly horrifying for Maya.

Claire, love doesn't come out of a movie or a book. It comes out of your heart.

Anubis Dread
2015-01-17, 10:10 PM
"That is indeed one of the pieces of advice proposed by the aforementioned books and movies," Claire agreed, completely missing the point.

Angelalex242
2015-01-17, 10:13 PM
Maya flat out facepalmed. God give me strength.

I don't think she's understanding. Robert, anybody, help?

DoctorFaust
2015-01-17, 10:13 PM
"So, um, does To Love Ru have anything to do with Toaru Ko...gaku no Railgun?" Molly asks. "And isn't Kampfer that one about the magical girl guy?"

Anubis Dread
2015-01-17, 10:20 PM
"The anime adaptions share some members of voice cast. Most notably Kanae Ito and Aki Toyosaki. I am unaware of any additional connection," Claire replied. She pulled out her phone and searched anyway just in case though. "Yes. It is a comedy of errors that feature gender changing as both it's central conflict and source of 'T&A'."

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-17, 10:30 PM
It's fine. I got model offers, but my parents wouldn't let me. Becca says sadly.

Robert frowned, "Oh, that's too bad. I think you'd be great at it."

Maya flat out facepalmed. God give me strength.

I don't think she's understanding. Robert, anybody, help?

"Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with Maya here," Robert said, "You can't treat love as something so clinical. It's not like a computer program where you input one action and get a desired outcome. People are more complicated than that. What might attract one person might repel another. Romance is about a spontaneous connection, and it's not necessarily something you can control."

Robert appears to noticeably perks up at the mention of anime, but keeps silent on the matter for now.

Illven
2015-01-17, 10:41 PM
"Primarily my research was divided into three portions," Claire replied. The other girl could certainly be a model that was true. However no response she could give would not come across as jealous. Jealousy was unattractive. Therefore she should not reply. "The first portion consisted of consuming romantic media. This mostly consisted of romantic comedies and novels. Some media consumed this way included Love Actually, 50 First Dates, Twilight, When Harry Met Sally, A Midsummer's Night Dream, Emma and The Note Book. The second portion consisted of consuming media considered to be sexually stimulating. Some media consumed this way included To Love Ru, Fifty Shades of Gray, Delta De Venus, Kampfer, B Gata H Kei and Love Lesbians from Rigel Seven. The third category consisted of relationship advice. This mostly consisted of searching online forums and reading magazines."

Claire paused a moment before continuing. "Though all the media in question are of differing quality they were all educational in some respects. Due to this extensive period of learning I feel I am prepared to engage in a romantic and eventually sexual relationship."

Huh. I spent my summer yelling at forums about how Elsa is infinitely better then her sister.

Angelalex242
2015-01-17, 10:53 PM
Maya is greatly relieved Robert seemed to have his head screwed on straight. That one's person, at least. Thank God.

That's a much more reasonable approach. Attraction isn't something that can be controlled. It merely is...or isn't.

Anubis Dread
2015-01-17, 10:58 PM
Interesting. Given Robert's comment the question was what would be the optimal action to input to get the desire outcome?

"You find spontaneous connections desirable?" Claire asked. Wrapping an arm around his waist, she leaned in close, pressing his body against hers. "Does this fulfill your requirements?"

"Also I agree about Elsa. She has stronger characterization," she added for Becca's benefit.

Angelalex242
2015-01-17, 11:05 PM
You're jumping ahead too many steps, Claire. Let things happen naturally. You must enjoy the journey as much as the destination. He is your new friend, not your everlasting soulmate. Start at the beginning.

Hopefully this'll take some of the pressure off poor Robert.

Esprit15
2015-01-17, 11:06 PM
"Really, Claire?" Sakuya says, arm still around Robert. "Someone have a magnet? I need to make sure she's not actually a computer wrapped in skin."

Illven
2015-01-17, 11:13 PM
"Also I agree about Elsa. She has stronger characterization," she added for Becca's benefit.

Oh my god, I know. I lover her so much. Rebecca replied pretty much lunging and glomping Clarie

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-17, 11:15 PM
Robert struggled a bit to speak, given how tightly claire was holding him, "Um, yeah I kind of have to agree here. This is a little much. Can't say I'm really an expert on the subject, but I was more talking about spontaneous feelings, not necessarily actions. At least not right away."

Anubis Dread
2015-01-17, 11:15 PM
"I do not necessarily believe Robert is my soul mate. I merely wish to engage in a mutually beneficially romantic relationship with him that involves a combination of attending social functions, spending free time together and occasionally erotic activity that would not constitute as above 'second base'," Claire replied, stilling holding onto Robert. "It makes sense to pursue him if I have such desires correct? Though it would be presumptuous to present it in that light to him immediately without a lengthy period of 'getting to know each other' and flirtation." ...she said while having her arms wrapped around him. Yet completely ignoring the fact he could hear everything she was saying. She was not used to talking so much.

"I do not believe I am a computer wrapped in skin. Though I cannot deny the possibility my biology is squishy enough that silicon would likely not be able to replicate. In addition I am fairly certain robots cannot defecate," Claire pointed out.

Oh... Claire let go of Robert, only to be glomped by Erica. Well it was human contact. It would be good practice. "I apologize if I was forward," Claire apologized. "But appreciate you being so," she went on to Erica.

Esprit15
2015-01-17, 11:20 PM
"You know you just said that out loud to him, right?"

Illven
2015-01-17, 11:27 PM
"I do not necessarily believe Robert is my soul mate. I merely wish to engage in a mutually beneficially romantic relationship with him that involves a combination of attending social functions, spending free time together and occasionally erotic activity that would not constitute as above 'second base'," Claire replied, stilling holding onto Robert. "It makes sense to pursue him if I have such desires correct? Though it would be presumptuous to present it in that light to him immediately without a lengthy period of 'getting to know each other' and flirtation." ...she said while having her arms wrapped around him. Yet completely ignoring the fact he could hear everything she was saying. She was not used to talking so much.

"I do not believe I am a computer wrapped in skin. Though I cannot deny the possibility my biology is squishy enough that silicon would likely not be able to replicate. In addition I am fairly certain robots cannot defecate," Claire pointed out.

Oh... Claire let go of Robert, only to be glomped by Erica. Well it was human contact. It would be good practice. "I apologize if I was forward," Claire apologized. "But appreciate you being so," she went on to Erica.

Wait. You swing both ways as well? Becca asked surprised.

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-17, 11:27 PM
Robert stumbles a bit as he's let go, and takes a few seconds to catch his breath before talking, "Thanks for letting me go, but, uh... yeah, I heard parts of that. At least enough to get the point. And while I'm flattered and it would certainly explain a lot about your recent behavior, I would rather take things a bit slower than you've been pushing so far. I mean, I only met you this morning. Give me at least a little more time to get to know you first before you spring that kind of commitment on me."

Anubis Dread
2015-01-17, 11:34 PM
Claire blinked in surprise. Usually people just ignored her if she talked about things in front of them. Had they just been polite because she was popular? She had never conversed with peers who did not idolize her in some fashion after all.

Did she 'swing both ways'? "I find both male and female forms to be approximately equal in terms of attraction," Claire replied. Which was to say both were mildly interesting. But not having a strong erotic response to erotic material at her age was considered unusual. Saying that she felt she was a late bloomer of some variety would damage her social standing.

"Very well. I shall focus purely on fostering friendship and occasional flirtation," Claire agreed.

Angelalex242
2015-01-17, 11:35 PM
You may have to check yourself for bruising, Robert, she threw herself at you so hard there may be a bump on your head.

The ridiculousness of the situation and behavior was hilarious, really.

Illven
2015-01-17, 11:37 PM
Claire blinked in surprise. Usually people just ignored her if she talked about things in front of them. Had they just been polite because she was popular? She had never conversed with peers who did not idolize her in some fashion after all.

Did she 'swing both ways'? "I find both male and female forms to be approximately equal in terms of attraction," Claire replied. Which was to say both were mildly interesting. But not having a strong erotic response to erotic material at her age was considered unusual. Saying that she felt she was a late bloomer of some variety would damage her social standing.

"Very well. I shall focus purely on fostering friendship and occasional flirtation," Claire agreed.

So, do you share my love of Elsa. Becca asked.

Anubis Dread
2015-01-17, 11:54 PM
"As a character she has a defined arc with many can empathize with. She also has the best songs in the film," Claire replied. "Out of all the characters in that particular film she is indisputably my preferred."

Lentrax
2015-01-18, 03:14 AM
Instead of sitting down, you only see a blur of pale violet, blues and pinks that let you know that Suki just ran past you, out the door, and down the halls to... Somewhere. Faint sobbing sounds follow her as she runs down the halls of an unfamiliar school.

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-18, 03:24 AM
Robert notice Suki pass him and the other girls, "Huh, wonder where she's off to in such a hurry..."

Betty also manages to see Suki blow on by, and timidly debates whether to try and follow her or not, though indecisiveness keeps her rooted near the door.

Q'telun
2015-01-18, 04:07 AM
Erica pops up next to Betty. "Are we waiting for your mysterious boyfriend?"

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-18, 04:07 PM
Erica pops up next to Betty. "Are we waiting for your mysterious boyfriend?"

Betty jumps and lets out a startled yelp, "Oh! I-it's you. Sorry, I... n-not really. He hasn't responded to m-my texts. I was just getting some air before my n-next class." She retreats into her oversized sweatshirt, "I don't do well in c-crowds..."

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-18, 06:22 PM
Betty's pone buzzed and she immediately pulled it out in front of her, "Oh! S-sorry, but I need to get g-going! Talk to you l-later!"

And with that, she ran off.

Scene 3

As the morning progressed and you each have your first three classes, you all end up in different parts of the school. However, you each realize that you have at least one morning class with Robert where the presence of the other girls seems thinner. This is your chance to really make an impression, so make it count! Alternatively, you might want to try to aim for someone a little less crowded...

Allure D4: Unleash your creativity! Come up with a heartfelt piece of prose in English. +1 VP

Skill D4: Impress the class with your mathematical prowess! +1 VP

Conflict D4: Show off your competitive spirit in Gym class! +1 VP

Illven
2015-01-18, 06:30 PM
Rebecca was great at math.

Actually unlike most statements that began like that, she actually was good at math.

I mean she games alot. Alot of math is involved with that.

Hey, Rob, Suki, Claire you doing okay there? She calls out as she solves the problems

Skill roll weak. But using easily forgiven, and fluffing it as actually doing okay if possible.

Angelalex242
2015-01-18, 06:38 PM
Maya cheerfully went about her mathematics, putting her natural intellect to work. It was almost uncanny how well she could do those problems, whipping through them with ease.

Strong Skill. No mods.

Anubis Dread
2015-01-18, 06:56 PM
Normally Claire did not feel that she had a particular subject she was especially talented at in school. However given her current train of thought on romantic matters and the amount of romantic material she had consumed over the Summer she felt that putting such feeling into prose would be the optimal way to impress Robert. She had agreed to back off. As such flirtation and hints were the only way to pursue him without violating their agreement.

Let us see. She had consumed many a sonnet. How could she best articulate her current mind set in a way that would be enjoyable for the reader? Putting it into iambic pentameter seemed necessary.

Oh how the heart does flutter at your name,
You who I would seek to be mine own love.
Love? Perhaps it is not the word I mean,
But companion, comrade, friend of mine own.
Perchance a friend I would see to share in
cardinal pleasures, or perhaps a date,
But friends none the less. Know though friend that though
Your heart may not yet be in link with mine,
That I will still be yours with but a breath.
Whether it be romance or just sexual.

...it would suffice.

Going for Allure, +2 from the tail end of Thaw Out, which expires after this roll. Unfortunately since it's a solo project School Queen doesn't count.

Q'telun
2015-01-18, 07:00 PM
Erica goes through the classes with her usual detachment.

Strong Skill

DoctorFaust
2015-01-18, 07:11 PM
Unlike some of the other girls, Molly is marginally better at creative pursuits than intellectual ones. So, in the middle of English class, she found herself trying to come up with the ending lines to a poem, chewing on her pencil and occasionally muttering to herself. "Hmm, what about..."

In whose eyes
the lost man
wander aimlessly,
wondering why.

"No, a bit too depressing. Oh! How 'bout..."

It is sweet and right,
not to die,
but to live, and live well,
(and also blow things up)
for one's country.

"Well, it makes a little more sense, but that's even worse than the last one."

She pouts, dropping her head into her arms crossed atop the desk. She spends a few moments there, deep in thought, before beginning to recite to herself, "Beware! The Fool is born/unafraid, yet hesitant/walking out into the world/like a tank without treads/like a cannon without a loader..."

Strong allure, boyish charm

Amaril
2015-01-18, 07:26 PM
Jill is pleasantly surprised to find Becca in her math class, and just as much so to see Robert there too. Though she can't honestly claim to enjoy math, she usually gets good marks. She chooses a seat as close to Robert as possible--happily, Becca seems to have done the same, so she can sit with both of them.

"I think that's supposed to be reciprocated, by the way."

Strong Skill, no additional bonuses.

Esprit15
2015-01-18, 07:35 PM
Sakuya meanwhile enjoys sharing gym with Robert. And today was an easy introductory day, with the class playing a game of softball. The red head takes a couple practice swings when she's not at bat. If her batting didn't impress him, her pitching could always work instead.
Conflict (+1), Armed and Dangerous (+1)

Contingency Plan

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-18, 08:12 PM
Jill is pleasantly surprised to find Becca in her math class, and just as much so to see Robert there too. Though she can't honestly claim to enjoy math, she usually gets good marks. She chooses a seat as close to Robert as possible--happily, Becca seems to have done the same, so she can sit with both of them.

"I think that's supposed to be reciprocated, by the way."

Robert popped his head up from his worksheet, "Huh? Oh, sorry. I'm doing fine, just taking it slowly"

It seems like he's engrossed in his own work at the moment.

Amaril
2015-01-18, 08:20 PM
"Oh, sure, sorry" Jill says apologetically. "I was just looking for a reason to talk, but if you want to focus I'll leave you alone."

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-18, 08:32 PM
"Oh, sure, sorry" Jill says apologetically. "I was just looking for a reason to talk, but if you want to focus I'll leave you alone."

"No, it's fine," Robert whispered back so that the teacher didn't overhear, "I just get a little obsessed with my work sometimes. It's nothing personal."

Amaril
2015-01-18, 10:58 PM
Jill surreptitiously flashes another grin sideways at Robert. "Focused. I like that. Well, don't let me distract you." She turns back to the problems.

Angelalex242
2015-01-18, 11:06 PM
Oh, Robert, I just finished. Would you like to swap assignments so we can check each other's work?

She's simply talking about math and checking work.

Q'telun
2015-01-18, 11:07 PM
"I can check that for you, uh, what was your name again?"

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-18, 11:54 PM
It seems that without as many girls crowding around Robert at once, his demeanor is more relaxed, and thus he is more receptive to each of them.

In English class, Robert lets out a low chuckle at Molly's impromptu ode to a tank. "Very impressive," he says, "Shouldn't be surprised that a field marshall likes big guns."

As for Claire, he can't help but give a small grin as he reads over her poem. "Subtle," he says teasingly, "Regardless, it's actually rather beautiful. Guess you do have an emotional side to you."

In Math Class, he was about to exchange assignments with Maya, but the teacher comes over and forces them to wait before guiding them through the correction phase. At the end of the convoluted exchange method that the math teacher had cooked up, he ends up with Rebecca's assignment, and as he looks over it he gives a small nod of approval. He eventually hands it back to her, "You had a few mistakes, but overall you did a pretty good job. I'm impressed."

He looks over at Jill, "Hey, sorry about earlier... I kind of get obsessed with getting things right sometimes, but I'm not as good at multitasking as some think."

He can't help but glance at Maya, curious as to what Erica wrote on her paper, and more curious as to Maya's reaction to it. "Sorry I didn't get yours," he eventually says, "I'll be interested to see it when Erica's done, though."

Robert sees Suki across the class and, remembering what he saw earlier, motioned for her to join him and the others. After all, though he didn't know much about her singing career other than what Rebecca told him, he figured this was his one chance to get to know a music star, and he was curious as to what she was like.

During the softball game in gym, Sakuya was chosen as team captain, and naturally that meant she and Robert ended up being on the same team. Thanks in large part to Sakuya's skill with a bat and wicked pitching arm, they absolutely dominated the other team. The other team's captain, a rather large boy who looked like he was a junior, even ended up getting a ball to the gut courtesy of her, and had to sit out the last couple minutes of the game.

Robert met up with Sakuya as they left the field, "Wow, that was amazing! Where'd you learn to play like that?"

Everyone gets +1 VP with Robert!

Amaril
2015-01-18, 11:58 PM
"Huh?" Jill looks up from checking over her work to find Robert addressing her. "What? No, it's fine, I totally get it. I'm the same way, just more about art than math. Bluh, I hate math." Reaching the end of her worksheet, she sets down her pencil with great relish. "So how's your first day going, anyway? Can't imagine you got a lot of girls handing you half-naked drawings of themselves the day they met you at your last school, heh."

Illven
2015-01-19, 12:02 AM
Thank you Rob. Math is the one area I can even dream of actually competing with my genius sister. Rebecca replied with a frown, then shakes her head.

Sorry about that, how was your old school?

Esprit15
2015-01-19, 12:02 AM
"I get a lot of practice swinging a bat. Pitching just came naturally, I guess." Just picture someone in place of the ball, lead your target and BAM! "You didn't do too bad yourself."

Anubis Dread
2015-01-19, 12:03 AM
"Was it?" Claire replied, slightly concerned. "I was attempting to make it somewhat obvious. Is this an acceptable level of flirtation?" When boys mentioned your emotional side that was considered good. Though usually they did not mention it unless you showed a side that did not usually show the side they were compliment. Did this make her the 'tsundere'?

Q'telun
2015-01-19, 12:06 AM
Erica flips Maya's paper back over to her. "You did well. Only missed a few. And why are you interested in mine, Betty's cousin?"

She looks pensive for a moment. "Robert, right?"

Angelalex242
2015-01-19, 12:10 AM
I...thank you. You did better, I must admit.

Blessed are the meek, she told herself.

Though...what do these other marks I mean? I fear I don't quite understand.

Seek to understand before being understood.

Q'telun
2015-01-19, 12:15 AM
"I don't know."

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-19, 12:17 AM
"Huh?" Jill looks up from checking over her work to find Robert addressing her. "What? No, it's fine, I totally get it. I'm the same way, just more about art than math. Bluh, I hate math." Reaching the end of her worksheet, she sets down her pencil with great relish. "So how's your first day going, anyway? Can't imagine you got a lot of girls handing you half-naked drawings of themselves the day they met you at your last school, heh."

"I can't imagine that happening to me in ANY school," he says with a sigh, "I think I still have it in my pocket, even. Still not sure if I should throw it away or hide it away somewhere."

Thank you Rob. Math is the one area I can even dream of actually competing with my genius sister. Rebecca replied with a frown, then shakes her head.

Sorry about that, how was your old school?

"It was... well, it was formal. I mean, I thought of myself as the entertaining one while I was there, but considering my experience here, I'm starting to wonder whether this is just normal for public school, and I was just the least dull person in a sea of boring elitists."

"I get a lot of practice swinging a bat. Pitching just came naturally, I guess." Just picture someone in place of the ball, lead your target and BAM! "You didn't do too bad yourself."

"Thanks," he said with a small smile, "Though my legs are killing me." He rubs his thighs with a groan, "I don't think I've ever run so many bases before in my life."

"Was it?" Claire replied, slightly concerned. "I was attempting to make it somewhat obvious. Is this an acceptable level of flirtation?" When boys mentioned your emotional side that was considered good. Though usually they did not mention it unless you showed a side that did not usually show the side they were compliment. Did this make her the 'tsundere'?

Robert chuckled, "Yes, I would say this is 'acceptable'. Definitely more so than earlier this morning, at least. You learn fast, if nothing else."

Angelalex242
2015-01-19, 12:22 AM
"I don't know."

Well, they are...certainly interesting.

Completely lost on her, though. But then, even she didn't seem to know what they were for, so she just let it go. Simpler that way. It's like trying to appreciate really abstract art you don't understand.

Formal schooling...I got the impression you didn't enjoy your old school very much, did you?

When she first brought it up, he seemed reluctant to talk about it, at least.

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-19, 12:25 AM
Erica flips Maya's paper back over to her. "You did well. Only missed a few. And why are you interested in mine, Betty's cousin?"

She looks pensive for a moment. "Robert, right?"

"Huh?" He blushed a bit in embarrassment, "Oh, um, yeah... I..."

Robert didn't realize he had been so obvious with his peeping. He didn't want to say the real reason for it: that ever since her description of her summer this morning, he had been curious to see what her drawings were like, and figured that she might've doodled something on her paper. But he figured that would come off as condescending, so instead he said, "I was just wondering how well you were doing. You seemed pretty focused on your assignment as well."

Too late, he realized that he might have come off as more condescending, not less.

Esprit15
2015-01-19, 12:26 AM
"Yeah, we're gonna need to get you into some proper shape," Sakuya snarks. "Can't have you getting tired out too quickly."

While other people start breaking off and making their way to locker rooms, Sakuya stays out for a while longer. "So how are you liking the school so far?"

DoctorFaust
2015-01-19, 12:28 AM
"Hee, yeah. I like big guns and I cannot lie." Molly replies. "And I don't have any brothers, so they really can't deny that."

"Y'know, I don't think I've ever asked what sort of stuff you like at school. I remember you mentioning history, but...," she pushes her head up off the desk and props it up on top steepled hands. "Was there anything else? I dunno why, but I don't see you as the kind of person who's just interested in history."

Angelalex242
2015-01-19, 12:28 AM
On instinct, Maya let Robert have a closer look at her paper, since he seemed to want it for some reason.

After all, she already said she didn't understand the drawings. Maybe he knows better.

Here you go.

Anubis Dread
2015-01-19, 12:31 AM
Claire felt her cheeks warming slightly. That meant that it had been a good compliment that provoked a welcome reaction in her. "I appreciate your compliment," she replied. "I would appreciate patience if I cross any more boundaries while experimenting socially to determine what you find appealing and what you do not." Was he flirting with her back? If so it was very subtle.

Q'telun
2015-01-19, 12:32 AM
For the first time, Erica seems to show slight interest in what Robert has to say. Its an almost imperceptible shift, but she moves slightly to see his reaction to her drawings.

Illven
2015-01-19, 12:34 AM
i get the impression that this is not normal for public school. With the exception of Maya. I mean I guess some clumsiness is normal, but even I take it too far.

Angelalex242
2015-01-19, 12:36 AM
Rebecca, the hours of community service I do is hardly typical behavior. I don't really qualify as 'normal' either.

On fire with passion and devotion to a cause, but normal? Not exactly.

Amaril
2015-01-19, 12:38 AM
Jill gives a regretful sigh and shakes her head sadly. "Sorry about Claire. I'm pretty sure she's some flavour of autistic, but she doesn't mean to hurt anybody. And don't you worry--spend enough time around us and we'll find the parts that make you interesting." She resisted chuckling at her own double entendre, disguising it as a cough.

Illven
2015-01-19, 12:45 AM
Rebecca, the hours of community service I do is hardly typical behavior. I don't really qualify as 'normal' either.

On fire with passion and devotion to a cause, but normal? Not exactly.

That just shows good work ethic.... Rebecca says, seeming about to say something but not.

Jill gives a regretful sigh and shakes her head sadly. "Sorry about Claire. I'm pretty sure she's some flavour of autistic, but she doesn't mean to hurt anybody. And don't you worry--spend enough time around us and we'll find the parts that make you interesting." She resisted chuckling at her own double entendre, disguising it as a cough.

And ironically she's one of the most popular girls here. Probably cause her breasts are as big as our heads, but still.

Q'telun
2015-01-19, 12:49 AM
And ironically she's one of the most popular girls here. Probably cause her breasts are as big as our heads, but still.

Erica breaks her reverie only to give Jill and Rebecca a very even look, then turns back. "Don't listen to the catty ones. They want you just as badly as Claire does, but aren't confident enough to do what she did."

Illven
2015-01-19, 12:53 AM
Erica breaks her reverie only to give Jill and Rebecca a very even look, then turns back. "Don't listen to the catty ones. They want you just as badly as Claire does, but aren't confident enough to do what she did."

Oh please. I can admit people only like me because I trip my boobs into their face. It's not cattiness to admit probable facts. Rebecca shrugs off.

Lentrax
2015-01-19, 12:57 AM
Still upset over the harsh response she was given to her introduction this morning, Suki applies herself to her work. But when she notices Robert motion her over, she glowers back with eyes still reddened from crying earlier. Her ponytails flits back over her shoulder as she resumes her work.

he's already surrounded by girls who are treated way better at this school. Besides, you think he actually wants to talk to talk to you? It's probably just another chance to make you feel like crap. Stupid gaijin.

I hate America.

With a little huff, Suki raises her hand.

May I be excused please?

Angelalex242
2015-01-19, 01:00 AM
Speaking from a personal point of view...I've seen real autism. It comes up during all that charity work, and Claire is too high functioning to be autistic. I think it's something else, but I'm not psychologist enough to have a name for it. I do worry about Claire getting taken advantage of, though. While she has a lot of...followers, they're not true friends. Most of us are probably truer friends to Claire then they are. Still...bad things could easily happen to her. We must always make sure they don't.

Whether it's the will of God, or just her own calculation of probability, she still guessed if any one girl in this school was likely to end up in a situation she never wanted with one of the jocks, it would indeed be Claire. Maya will actually play chaperone if she sees them getting too fresh with her. Or at least discreetly inform the school authority.

Meanwhile, Maya was not first lady of charity work for nothing, and Suki's distress was pretty obvious.

Pardon, I feel Suki's being ignored. I'll be right back.

Maya actually left Robert's side to go look at Suki's stuff.

Did anyone look at your work yet?

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-19, 01:00 AM
i get the impression that this is not normal for public school. With the exception of Maya. I mean I guess some clumsiness is normal, but even I take it too far.

Robert laughed a bit at this, "Well, you may not be the most coordinated person I know, but you are the most graceful about it. I'd usually expect someone who takes as many falls as you to have more bruises."

Formal schooling...I got the impression you didn't enjoy your old school very much, did you?

When she first brought it up, he seemed reluctant to talk about it, at least.

"Like I said, it was... dull. I mean, I learned a lot, but most of the people who went there were..." he sighed, "Well, let's just say they really thought themselves to be above everyone else. One person like that is annoying enough, but when everyone's like that, it can get... exhausting, to say the least."

On instinct, Maya let Robert have a closer look at her paper, since he seemed to want it for some reason.

After all, she already said she didn't understand the drawings. Maybe he knows better.

Here you go.

For the first time, Erica seems to show slight interest in what Robert has to say. Its an almost imperceptible shift, but she moves slightly to see his reaction to her drawings.

He looks over Erica's paper, and makes a cursory effort to pretend to look at the equations before looking at the abstract drawings that truly drew his attention.

"Interesting..." he says to himself, before looking up at Erica, "Can't say for certain, but is this one on the upper right corner supposed to be some kind of bird?"

Well, he tried to be subtle, in any case.

"Hee, yeah. I like big guns and I cannot lie." Molly replies. "And I don't have any brothers, so they really can't deny that."

"Y'know, I don't think I've ever asked what sort of stuff you like at school. I remember you mentioning history, but...," she pushes her head up off the desk and props it up on top steepled hands. "Was there anything else? I dunno why, but I don't see you as the kind of person who's just interested in history."

Robert nodded, "And you would be correct in that assumption. History's my favorite, but I actually like most subjects in school. English, Science, Math, even Gym... I like them all." He smirked, "You could say I'm a Renaissance man in that regard. Or a 'Master of None', if you were being less charitable. Which, considering my average grades in my old school were B's, would probably be more appropriate."

He cocked his head, "What about you? You're clearly a history buff, and a rather big one at that given the accuracy of your jacket? Any particular reason?"

Claire felt her cheeks warming slightly. That meant that it had been a good compliment that provoked a welcome reaction in her. "I appreciate your compliment," she replied. "I would appreciate patience if I cross any more boundaries while experimenting socially to determine what you find appealing and what you do not." Was he flirting with her back? If so it was very subtle.

"I'll keep it in mind," He said with a smile, "Though next time you grab me, you might not want to cling so tight. I had a hard time breathing in your surprisingly tight grip."

Q'telun
2015-01-19, 01:05 AM
He looks over Erica's paper, and makes a cursory effort to pretend to look at the equations before looking at the abstract drawings that truly drew his attention.

"Interesting..." he says to himself, before looking up at Erica, "Can't say for certain, but is this one on the upper right corner supposed to be some kind of bird?"

Well, he tried to be subtle, in any case.

"Could be." She takes the paper back very gently, and places it into her bag. "Thats probably what it is."

Its brief, but something akin to disappointment flashes across her face, and she's a bit more slumped in her seat than before. She must be tired.

DoctorFaust
2015-01-19, 01:05 AM
"Well, I was there for some of the interesting parts. Including the World War parts."

"Those weren't quite as nice as now, but at least I got some medals out of it," she muses.

Illven
2015-01-19, 01:11 AM
Robert laughed a bit at this, "Well, you may not be the most coordinated person I know, but you are the most graceful about it. I'd usually expect someone who takes as many falls as you to have more bruises."

Robert nodded, "And you would be correct in that assumption. History's my favorite, but I actually like most subjects in school. English, Science, Math, even Gym... I like them all." He smirked, "You could say I'm a Renaissance man in that regard. Or a 'Master of None', if you were being less charitable. Which, considering my average grades in my old school were B's, would probably be more appropriate."

I'm just tough. It's like my joints are made out of either rubber or steel, whatever would be more effective.

Jack of all stats is probably what you're looking for.

Speaking from a personal point of view...I've seen real autism. It comes up during all that charity work, and Claire is too high functioning to be autistic. I think it's something else, but I'm not psychologist enough to have a name for it. I do worry about Claire getting taken advantage of, though. While she has a lot of...followers, they're not true friends. Most of us are probably truer friends to Claire then they are. Still...bad things could easily happen to her. We must always make sure they don't.

Whether it's the will of God, or just her own calculation of probability, she still guessed if any one girl in this school was likely to end up in a situation she never wanted with one of the jocks, it would indeed be Claire. Maya will actually play chaperone if she sees them getting too fresh with her. Or at least discreetly inform the school authority.

Meanwhile, Maya was not first lady of charity work for nothing, and Suki's distress was pretty obvious.

Pardon, I feel Suki's being ignored. I'll be right back.

Maya actually left Robert's side to go look at Suki's stuff.

Did anyone look at your work yet?

Still upset over the harsh response she was given to her introduction this morning, Suki applies herself to her work. But when she notices Robert motion her over, she glowers back with eyes still reddened from crying earlier. Her ponytails flits back over her shoulder as she resumes her work.

he's already surrounded by girls who are treated way better at this school. Besides, you think he actually wants to talk to talk to you? It's probably just another chance to make you feel like crap. Stupid gaijin.

I hate America.

With a little huff, Suki raises her hand.

May I be excused please?

Becca walks up to her favorite pop star, along with Maya

Are you okay? She asks in flawless Japanese. I can't imagine the move was too easy, is there anything at all I can do to help

Anubis Dread
2015-01-19, 01:15 AM
"I'll keep it in mind," He said with a smile, "Though next time you grab me, you might not want to cling so tight. I had a hard time breathing in your surprisingly tight grip."

"If you were the one to grab me it would allow you to dictate the precise strength of said embrace," Claire pointed out. "In addition from what I have seen it would give you a socially acceptable excuse to 'cop a feel," she added, looking down at her chest.

He seemed to be paying more attention to Molly than her. This was concerning. But she could not think of anything interesting to say that was not something Robert had already specified as him not enjoying. Was Molly simply more interesting than she was?

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-19, 01:32 AM
"Yeah, we're gonna need to get you into some proper shape," Sakuya snarks. "Can't have you getting tired out too quickly."

While other people start breaking off and making their way to locker rooms, Sakuya stays out for a while longer. "So how are you liking the school so far?"

"I agree," he says panting, "Man, if your sister's to be believed, you're just a regular ace, huh? Brains, brawn, and pretty good looking on top of it. How do you keep it all together?"

"Well, I was there for some of the interesting parts. Including the World War parts."

"Those weren't quite as nice as now, but at least I got some medals out of it," she muses.

"Come again?" Robert had to have misheard. No way was she seriously saying she was around during World War II.

Right?

"If you were the one to grab me it would allow you to dictate the precise strength of said embrace," Claire pointed out. "In addition from what I have seen it would give you a socially acceptable excuse to 'cop a feel," she added, looking down at her chest.

He seemed to be paying more attention to Molly than her. This was concerning. But she could not think of anything interesting to say that was not something Robert had already specified as him not enjoying. Was Molly simply more interesting than she was?

Robert attempted to stifle a laugh, "Even if I did, I'd imagine the teachers wouldn't be to happy once they found out. Not to mention what your parents would think."

Becca walks up to her favorite pop star, along with Maya

Are you okay? She asks in flawless Japanese. I can't imagine the move was too easy, is there anything at all I can do to help

Robert looked over at Suki with a frown. Whatever had happened to her, it had devastated the poor girl. He moved closer to Maya and Becca for support, but the glare Suki had shot his direction when he had tried to invite her over made him believe that if he spoke to her now it would only make things worse.

Anubis Dread
2015-01-19, 01:36 AM
Robert attempted to stifle a laugh, "Even if I did, I'd imagine the teachers wouldn't be to happy once they found out. Not to mention what your parents would think."

"My parents do not usually care about what happens during my academic pursuits," Claire replied simply. "Exceptions include grades and general interaction skills. When it comes to romantic issues or any issue 'copping a feel' could come under they are indifferent in all respects. I cannot speak for teachers however."

DoctorFaust
2015-01-19, 01:44 AM
"Come again?" Robert had to have misheard. No way was she seriously saying she was around during World War II.

Right?

"Hmm? Oh, sorry, I thought I was speaking loud enough. I said the World Wars weren't quite as nice as the world is now, but I did get some medals because of what I did during them." Molly replies, looking a little confused.

Suddenly, realization blossoms across her face. "Oh! I'm sorry, I never mentioned, did I. I'm the reincarnation of Kurt Knispel, the greatest tank ace ever." She smiles again, even more broadly. "Though I don't think I'm quite as good of a shot in this life as I was in my last."

Esprit15
2015-01-19, 02:14 AM
"Well, I have trouble making friends. Apparently I have personality conflicts with other people."

The TechnoGnome
2015-01-19, 03:05 AM
"My parents do not usually care about what happens during my academic pursuits," Claire replied simply. "Exceptions include grades and general interaction skills. When it comes to romantic issues or any issue 'copping a feel' could come under they are indifferent in all respects. I cannot speak for teachers however."

"Oh?" Robert asked delicately, "Are your parents distant with you, or are they just more of the 'free love' type of people?"

"Hmm? Oh, sorry, I thought I was speaking loud enough. I said the World Wars weren't quite as nice as the world is now, but I did get some medals because of what I did during them." Molly replies, looking a little confused.

Suddenly, realization blossoms across her face. "Oh! I'm sorry, I never mentioned, did I. I'm the reincarnation of Kurt Knispel, the greatest tank ace ever." She smiles again, even more broadly. "Though I don't think I'm quite as good of a shot in this life as I was in my last."

Oh God. She was serious.

"R-reincarnation?" Robert asked, unsure of how else to react, "That's certainly... I don't think I ever met someone's reincarnation before. Especially not one who's aware of their past life."

"Well, I have trouble making friends. Apparently I have personality conflicts with other people."

"Yeah, I've noticed you can be a little... abrasive to others. And I'm starting to doubt you hit the other team's batter on accident with that curveball."

Esprit15
2015-01-19, 03:10 AM
"It was totally an accident! And if he made a dirty comment about Becca earlier today, then maybe he'll reconsider next time."

Lentrax
2015-01-19, 03:27 AM

Busy cramming her papers and textbook into her satchel, she didn't notice the two girls walk over. And being distracted by how she was feeling, she didn't realize Maya was talking to her. It was the Japanese that caught her attention and made her stop to look up at the one person who actually believed she was who she said.

<No. No, you can't, unless you can take me back a few months ago, to try and talk my father out of coming to America. I hate it here. Everyone thinks I am fake and am trying to make myself sound better than I am. The looks I have gotten from everyone here. I don't belong here, not in America. This was all just one stupid stupid thing, I should have tried harder to stay in Japan.>