PDA

View Full Version : Ioulaum's Psionic powers?

Melcar
2015-01-14, 02:14 PM
I remember that the reason for Ioulaum's transformation into an undead (lich), was because he saw how magic was fallable, and that it failed and was bound on the wel-being of Mystryl. Hence he thought that psionic power, nobody could take from him. Now for fun I just read about the Elder Brain monster, and his writeup in LEoF suggest that he has no classlevels of any psionic class. So here comes my question: Where is all his psionic powers?

Psyren
2015-01-14, 03:19 PM
I haven't seen Ioulaum's EB stats specifically, but Lords of Madness specifies that Elder Brains in 3.5 were only statted as magic-users because psionics aren't core. It instructs DMs that all Elder Brains are truly psionic instead.

Starmage21
2015-01-14, 03:25 PM
Yep. Iolaum is a 40ish level caster, with "Elder Brain" as his race and add the lich template on there. All of the spell abilities of the elder brain should be converted to psionics as Psyren stated.

Melcar
2015-01-14, 03:39 PM
I haven't seen Ioulaum's EB stats specifically, but Lords of Madness specifies that Elder Brains in 3.5 were only statted as magic-users because psionics aren't core. It instructs DMs that all Elder Brains are truly psionic instead.

Ahh... thanks. I read the Underdark (FR) version. That cleared that up. Thanks!