PDA

View Full Version : Crusaders and their Maneuvers

Blackhawk748
2015-01-14, 07:46 PM
Ok im rolling up a Crusader and ive noticed something, they get 5 Maneuvers at level 1, but they only have 6 to choose from and three of them are fairly similar (giving your allies a +4 to attacks against a target, granted they go off at different times) I find this strange considering Warblades have many more to choose from (i wont even bother bringing up Swordsages) Now i get someone had to have less options, but it seems kinda silly how few they get.

Crake
2015-01-14, 08:10 PM
Ok im rolling up a Crusader and ive noticed something, they get 5 Maneuvers at level 1, but they only have 6 to choose from and three of them are fairly similar (giving your allies a +4 to attacks against a target, granted they go off at different times) I find this strange considering Warblades have many more to choose from (i wont even bother bringing up Swordsages) Now i get someone had to have less options, but it seems kinda silly how few they get.

Crusaders have access to only 3 disciplines, but i think by far, they get the most useful class features in the form of steely resolve and furious counterstrike. They also require no action on their own behalf to recharge maneuvers. If you pick up extra granted maneuver, and you have 3 strikes readied, you will always have a strike available come your turn, no other class can boast being able to be guarenteed to have a strike ready every single turn.

Sure at level 1 your options may be quite shoehorned, but as you level up, those level 1 maneuvers will be replaced by higher level ones and it wont matter so much.

Blackhawk748
2015-01-14, 08:13 PM
Crusaders have access to only 3 disciplines, but i think by far, they get the most useful class features in the form of steely resolve and furious counterstrike. They also require no action on their own behalf to recharge maneuvers. If you pick up extra granted maneuver, and you have 3 strikes readied, you will always have a strike available come your turn, no other class can boast being able to be guarenteed to have a strike ready every single turn.

Sure at level 1 your options may be quite shoehorned, but as you level up, those level 1 maneuvers will be replaced by higher level ones and it wont matter so much.

I figured it was ok, i just thought it was weird is all. Also i agree, Steely Resolve is awesome.