PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Question about Constructs, Homunculi, and Golems

Othniel
2015-01-14, 11:37 PM
I've got a friend who is playing a sorcerer in an upcoming campaign we are both players in, and he was asking me about constructs, homunculi, and golems. He wants to make a character that can create them. Are there any pathfinder resources that explains all of this in an easy-to-understand format? From the bit of information-scrounging I've gathered, it appears that you can gain a homunculus familiar through the Improved Familiar (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/improved-familiar) feat, but what (if anything) this has to do with constructs and golems, I have no idea. It vaguely seems to me that a wizard may be a better choice for constructs and/or golem-making if he really wants to do that.

I honestly don't know what to tell him, as I have almost zero familiarity with this stuff.

Tommy_Dude
2015-01-15, 11:19 AM
Well, there is the Craft Construct Feat in the bestiary. From there it's usually just you take the feat, then pick a construct out of the bestiary to try and make.

Outside of that there was some information on how to use Craft Construct to repair them, and how to create custom constructs in Ultimate Magic. Outside of that I don't know of any relevant information. Also, while as a DM I would love for my players to create constructs, it hasn't happened yet, so I haven't actually read over the information in either book.