PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of helping out the eye of gruumsh.

ngilop
2015-01-15, 01:00 AM
Hey everybody!!

Ive been thinking of helping out the Eye of Gruumsh. The fluff seems to me the closest thing Orc have to 'holy warrior' and I never really understood why it never got any spell casting

So I though I would change that up. Would giving an Eye of Gruumsh access to 4th level spells be TOO over powered?

Im coming form a low 'tier' 3 to low 'tier' 4 realm of optimization here.

Im pretty sure it will not do much, but I wanna make sure.

Vhaidara
2015-01-15, 01:05 AM
Depends. Fourth level casting as what? Wizard or Cleric? Probably a bad idea. But if you stapled Blackguard casting onto them, you'd be golden.

Urpriest
2015-01-15, 09:57 AM
I'd probably give them an evil-flipped version of Champion of Gwynharwyf casting, with some of their cast-in-rage abilities. I think overall it should still be reasonably balanced.

ngilop
2015-01-15, 07:54 PM
Yeah I was thinking cleric casting cuz im just not seeing myself how a 13th level character finally get 4th level spells is really that game breaking. or do you mean the whole unlimited access t everything?

while the blackguard list is a good one. it has too much summon and cure/inflict wound spells.

Id expand upon the spell list (adding on some spell compendium stuffs) maybe give them 30-ish spells total.

(Un)Inspired
2015-01-15, 10:26 PM
Hey everybody!!

Ive been thinking of helping out the Eye of Gruumsh. The fluff seems to me the closest thing Orc have to 'holy warrior' and I never really understood why it never got any spell casting

So I though I would change that up. Would giving an Eye of Gruumsh access to 4th level spells be TOO over powered?

Im coming form a low 'tier' 3 to low 'tier' 4 realm of optimization here.

Im pretty sure it will not do much, but I wanna make sure.

I don't think I've ever heard someone worry about 4th level spells being too powerful.

I like the alignment swapped champion of geenhywrfirerar idea.

Vhaidara
2015-01-15, 10:34 PM
I don't think I've ever heard someone worry about 4th level spells being too powerful.

I like the alignment swapped champion of geenhywrfirerar idea.

Actually, 4 is usually where spells become too powerful. After all, that's where Polymorph comes online.