PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Any way to make an opponen lose his dex mod for sneak attacks after using intimidate?

Nibbens
2015-01-15, 10:25 AM
Just as it says. My player is RPing his dwarven fighter into a rogue after some traumatic events, etc etc. He was questioning me about ways to get his intimidate ability to act as a feint in combat - sort of a "he's-so-scary-that-they-lose-their-dex-bonus-because-they-dropped-a-duce-in-their-own-trousers" maneuver.

I showed him the dirty trick/quick dirty trick feats, but I'm wondering if there's some archetypes or feats i'm not aware of that could work with these concepts.

Psyren
2015-01-15, 11:06 AM
Shatter Defenses (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/shatter-defenses-combat---final)

Barstro
2015-01-15, 11:27 AM
Just so you don't have to spend a lot of time online looking at Psyren's answer;

Shatter Defenses

Prerequisites: Weapon Focus, Dazzling Display, base attack bonus +6, proficiency with weapon.

Benefit: Any shaken, frightened, or panicked opponent hit by you this round is flat-footed to your attacks until the end of your next turn. This includes any additional attacks you make this round.

emphasis added

Intimidate

Common Uses
Demoralize Opponent
You can use this skill to cause an opponent to become shaken for a number of rounds.

The really nice part is the underlined language of Shatter Defenses "is flat-footed". Some abilities say horrible things like "has dex bonus of zero" or other such language that leaves it up to interpretation on if the dex bonus is lost, or if it is still there but with a score of zero.

Nibbens
2015-01-15, 01:37 PM
Perfect! Thanks!

TheIronGolem
2015-01-15, 02:23 PM
Bear in mind that it specifically says they're flat-footed, not that they're denied their DEX bonus to AC. This means Uncanny Dodge will defeat it.