PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Fey-themed reincarnated druid without Reincarnated Druid?

Helluin
2015-01-15, 01:22 PM
What it says on the tin. I'm trying to make a reincarnated fey (some Nymph-like fae creature, specifically) druid character without using the Reincarnated Druid archetype (mainly because the class features are kinda meh) but for some reason, despite the fact that Firstworld plays a not insignificant role in Pathfinder multiverse, PF just doesn't seem to have enough materials for me to imbue this character with the right amount of fey-ness and reincarnated...ness that I had hoped to achieve, not without seriously compromising the power of the character at least. So here I am, hoping that the playground's succor will help me refine this character. And here's what I have so far:

Samsaran Druid (Menhir Savant Archetype with refluff???) 1

Flaw: Fey-taken
Traits: Undecided, two are allowed not counting the flaw bonus
Feats: Undecided, likely summoning or casting related
Languages: Common, Druidic, Aquan (or should it be Sylvan?)
Alternate Racial traits: Mystic Past Life
Stats: Str 7, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 20, Cha 12

I know this stat set isn't exactly ideal for a druid, whose power largely comes from wild-shaping, and especially so now that PF wild-shaping is kinda dull. But I have already decided to be more casting-focused and less melee-oriented, meaning that Wild shaping will mostly be reserved for defense, utility, and maneuverability, rather than offense. Thus wisdom has been maxed out to take advantage of the Mystic Past Life trait, at the cost of dropping strength and to a less extend, Constitution. Thus I'd like to keep the stat set mostly unchanged, though small modifications should be fine.

Any suggestion about anything will be appreciated. Core & APG allowed, other sources negotiable with DM (evidently, Samsaran and Menhir Savant are approved).

Thanks everyone.

Edit:
my apologies, I just realized that a little bit of contextualization might be in order.
Our party consists of four. All are spellcasters, but iirc I'm the only full divine caster in the party (i.e. no cleric) so presumably I will be doing most of the healing (planning to pick up Heal as a 5th level spell via the Adept list). Half of the players are new to PF or even D&D in general, but I'm sure they know what they are doing. Thus I don't think it's necessary to tone down my druid further to avoid spotlight-stealing (as much as it is possible to steal the spotlight of a bunch of T1/T2 casters with a druid that seldom wildshapes).