PDA

View Full Version : Carrion Crown offshoot - Elian's death

CleverDragon
2015-01-15, 01:30 PM
As he finishes scanning past the door to the auditorium, Kristoph turns and looks back at the party, his eyes still shining silver. As his gaze passes Elian he starts, leaping back and drawing his weapon back as if to strike at something in his companion's direction. "Gah! What is that? An undead!!" he cries out in surprise!

The last thing Elian sees is the paladin's blade swinging for his head, a look of hatred and loathing on his face, his green eyes flashing and his sword glowing with furious holy energy!!

Then darkness...

Some time later...

Elian hurt. All over. His eyes slowly open and after his vision clears, he sees that he is in the Lorrimor estate in one of the guestrooms. Leaning over him is a concerned-looking red haired priest of Pharasma with a thick but trimmed beard. "Ah....you're awake. You...err...had a bit of a nasty time at the prisons. But, we...err...got your body out in the end. You're fine now. Right?" He wrings his hands in front of him, obviously fretting over Elian's condition. "Your friends....well, I guess not your friends much anymore...*cough*...well, they've already left. Couple months ago. Ms. Lorrimor was kind enough to fund your...erm...rebirth..."

Farmerbink
2015-01-15, 01:41 PM
Elian shakes his head slowly, looking around the room. I don't understand... What happened? Kristoph.... He killed me?

[roll0] (+2 more if this is a mind-altering effect- from dhampir resistances)

Edit: Boosh.

Farmerbink
2015-01-15, 01:43 PM
(Perception) [roll0]. Inspecting my surroundings.

CleverDragon
2015-01-15, 01:53 PM
The priest sighs, hands his head sadly, and says, "Your friends left you. They...killed you. Father Grimburrow said one of them - a holy knight of Pharasma no less - cut you low and...well..." he finishes with a gesture at Elian in the bed. "You know the rest."

Just then, Elian feels a sudden pain surging through him, as though he were being squeezed in a vice. The priest's eyes open wide, shocked. "They...said the paladin put a ward on you so you wouldn't come back! I didn't believe...oh no!" He draws a spiral on his chest and exclaims, "Pharasma, it is not his time!"

Take [roll0] points of damage from "Pharasma dragging you back to the land of the dead".

Also, make a Knowledge - Religion check or Intelligence check.

Last make another Will save at the end of your action, like normal.

CleverDragon
2015-01-15, 01:59 PM
(Perception) [roll0]. Inspecting my surroundings.

Everything seems as you remember it in the Lorrimor estate guestroom. The priest seems genuinely concerned. Your gear is laying off to the side of the bed, within arm's reach.

Farmerbink
2015-01-15, 02:01 PM
[roll0] c'maaaaan.

As Elian is seized by the wracks of pain, he cries out in frustration, confusion, and anger!Aaaahhhh!!!! but! Why?! Hng! I- I have done nothi-!! Why him!?? my... My... Brother?!

[roll1]

CleverDragon
2015-01-16, 09:43 AM
The priest bows his head and prays for a moment. With a heavy sigh, he looks at Elian and nods gravely. "It appears that it is your time, my son. May Pharasma judge you fairly. I'm sorry..." And as the pain wracks through Elian's body and he cries for answers, the priest only intones a somber prayer quietly.

At Elian's mention of his brother, something strange happens. The priest desperately scratches at a swiftly growing welt on the left side of his face, some of the skin peeling off. Then a bright red gash appears on the back of his hand, leaking blood. The priest looks at it in horror, then down at Elian. "Y...you truly ARE cursed! Pharasma take you....half-undead abomination!! They were right to kill you!!"

[roll0]

React as you would. Then roll another Will save.

Farmerbink
2015-01-16, 10:18 AM
Elian jumps off the table, on the far side from the now-bleeding priest. NO! He wouldn't! I am not an abomination!! I never asked for this!! He takes up a defensive position across from the priest, struggling to ignore the pain as he tryies to maintain his distance from the "man."

[roll0]

CleverDragon
2015-01-16, 10:31 AM
As Elian jumps off the bed, the priest sneers at him. "Oh, yes you a....NO! Nnnnnngg! NOOO!" He yells as what appears to be a spectral arrowhead push through his face. The illusion shatters, and Elian finds himself back on the prison foyer's floor, face down, panting and drenched in sweat with everyone gathered around him.

(This concludes the haunt...post back in the IC thread now!)