PDA

View Full Version : Digital Tools for Keeping Track of a Large World

DireSickFish
2015-01-15, 01:54 PM
I have a campaign setting, with general maps and the smallest island a bit more fleshed out having run a small campaign there. I want to start running new games in various parts of the world. But I want to keep track of it all digitally as my ability to draw is poor, my handwriting to large and illegible, and it's hard to flip thorough all those sheets of paper.

I want something that can help me make a map of the world. Add towns or structure of some kind. Then be able to go to that town add NPC's that live there with descriptions and possibly list events that happened in the area. It would be nice as I flesh out the world via play that I have some way to record it so that it can be used and referenced in the future.

What tools are out there? Or if not tools what organizational tricks have you used to keep the world in order? Are there multiple tools that I could use together instead of one big one? Mapping separate from a list in Excel with tabs of each area or town might work potentially.

The Random NPC
2015-01-15, 07:21 PM
Obsidianportal.com is a place where you can set up a wiki, roll20.net can help with maps and stuff.