PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Redoing Humans in 5E, v.II (PEACH)

ReturnOfTheKing
2015-01-15, 09:51 PM
This is a continuation of a previous thread, shown here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?389549-Redoing-Humans-in-5e-(PEACH)&p=18665006#post18665006), where I went on a lengthy rant about how annoyed I am by the special treatment Humans get in D&D and attempted to rectify it by making a new Human race that was more powerful than any other race in the game. After quite a bit of fine tuning, I was left with the stats below. The race is still, unfortunately, far from complete, so feel free to evaluate and critique honestly. Thank you :smallsmile:

Ability Score Increase: Your Constitution score increases by +2.

Size: Your size is Medium.

Speed: Your speed is 30 feet.

Languages: You can speak, read and write Common and one other language of your choice.

Homo sapiens
Ability Score Increases: Your Charisma score increases by +1.

Skill Proficiencies: You can take one skill proficiency of your choice.

Switch It Up: When you fail on a check which requires an action, you can expend a bonus action to regain the failed action. This action cannot be used for the same purpose as it's original intention. This ability recharges at the end of a short rest

Extra Language: You gain one extra language of your choice.

Apemen
Ability Score Increases: Your Strength score increases by +1.

Skill Proficiencies: You gain proficiency in the Stealth and Intimidate skills.

Howl of Rage: You let loose a primal roar and your enemies are frightened until the end of your next turn.

Toolmaker: This should be something like the Rock Gnomes' tinker ability, allowing you to make crude tools out of relatively ordinary materials.. My previous version was waaaay too op, I'll have to fix that.

Ability Score Increase: Your Intelligence score increases by +1.

Skill Proficiencies: You gain proficiency in the Arcana and History skills.

Telepathic: You can telepathically communicate with other life-forms. Figure out how telepathy works in 5e. Should there be a range? Number of uses? Information limit?

Extra Language: You gain one extra language of your choice.