PDA

View Full Version : Funniest character possible

Raul Leão
2015-01-16, 05:13 AM
Hi poeple,

I was thinking of, if im going to play another table or do another character for the actual table, ill do the funnies character that i can to be like (man i canīt wait to the next session to do all this crazy and nice things!)

Can u help me?
Im using only the core books.
By funniest character, i mean a guy not focused on doing only damage but, utillity>damage.
Stunning, blinding, imobilizing, trowing all my enemies on the ground, protecting my party and stuff.
I want to hear "Man thanks for doing that, it really helped" from my teammates and "man, this guys is an ass" from my enemies"
If i have to do 0 damage to be like this, its OK for me!
Just CC them all. Full support

Xerlith
2015-01-16, 05:27 AM
Batman wizard (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?104002-3-5e-The-Logic-Ninja-s-Guide-to-Wizards-Being-Batman)?

That or a bard.

ExLibrisMortis
2015-01-16, 07:47 AM
Have a look at the evasion tank (http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/3536881). Someone's trying to hit you? They hit an ally instead. That ally trying to hit you? They hit Someone instead.

Edit: and I remember reading the 'core only' bit, and still posted that >.>. Well, wizard it is then (possibly another full caster, or bard if you do a lot of social stuff).

atemu1234
2015-01-16, 07:51 AM
A bard with Perform (Buffoonery)?

NNescio
2015-01-16, 07:53 AM
Have a look at the evasion tank (http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/3536881). Someone's trying to hit you? They hit an ally instead. That ally trying to hit you? They hit Someone instead.

So... you're Jackie Chan?

Zubrowka74
2015-01-16, 01:20 PM
Some time ago somebody had thrown the idea of a hitleresque (in comestic only) gnome blackguard.

nedz
2015-01-16, 01:30 PM
Beguiler can do this, but it's PH2

So, an illusion themed Sorcerer perhaps ?

Arbane
2015-01-16, 04:08 PM
Illusions (and the Grease spell in a level or two) are your EZ-Ride pass to hilarity.

Just remember, dying is easy. Comedy is hard.

Hiro Quester
2015-01-16, 05:42 PM
Dragon Compendium has a Jester (a bard variant that uses Jester performances, relying on ranks in Perform (comedy). Inspiring quips and taunts (instead of songs). A calming performace to diffuse tension. Buffoonery that distracts opponents in battle.

It would be pretty easy to re-fluff a core bard in this direction. Gnome race. Lots of ranks in tumble and perform (acrobatics).

Back in AD&D days a friend played a jester gnome in our party. It was hilarious. A small, tumbling, ball of comedy, juggling acrobatics.

Brendanicus
2015-01-16, 06:55 PM
Summoning spam. Evil character. Libral use of Aid Another and discount trapfinding. Become Xykon.

Pinkie Pyro
2015-01-17, 04:10 AM
Funniest?
Paladin Swarm of Awakened BeesHellWasps.

Of course, you have to figure out how to get around that pesky LA - bit.

Marlowe
2015-01-17, 05:31 PM
Be a Cleric. Worship the party Wizard.

Justify this on the grounds that "He's a Wizard. It's just a matter of time".

When the Wizard says anything, declaim "So Speaks The One That Is Most Mighty!" immediately after. With complete sincerity.

When the Wizard enters the room, shout "All Bow Before He That Is As Power!".

When the Wizard asks someone where the bathroom is; promptly chime in with "Speak! For You Are Blessed With Communion!"

Keep this up until Your God tries to kill you.

2015-01-17, 06:14 PM

When the Wizard says anything, declaim "So Speaks The One That Is Most Mighty!" immediately after. With complete sincerity.

When the Wizard asks someone where the bathroom is; promptly chime in with "Speak! For You Are Blessed With Communion!"

This is the funniest thing I've read in a while, and deserves to be a real thing that happens at some point.

Barbarian Horde
2015-01-17, 08:09 PM
Charismatic Orc Bard

This here is funny.. but sad because it's true..

nedz
2015-01-17, 08:17 PM
Renegade Kender Crime-fighting Vigilante. Especially keen Obsessive about bringing thieves to justice.

Inevitability
2015-01-18, 06:33 AM
Funniest?
Paladin Swarm of Awakened BeesHellWasps.

Of course, you have to figure out how to get around that pesky LA - bit.

Either be an Anthropomorphic swarm or a Symbiotic one.

Aaaaaand now I wonder what any of those would look like.

LooseCannoneer
2015-01-19, 09:43 PM
I'm actually playing a character like you requested right now. Its got a non-core feat (Snowflake Wardance), but that's not essential.

Human Bard 2/Fighter 2

Hit Points: 30/30
Intiative: +3
Speed: 30 ft.

Armor Class: 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +4

Abilities: Str 13, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 19

Skills: Use Magic Device +9, Knowledge (arcana) +7, Tumble +3, Perform (Dance) +11, Gather Information +8, Concentration +8, Listen +7, Diplomacy +8, Knowledge (history) +10, Knowledge (local) +5, Perform (Epic) +11, Survival +3, Move Silently +5, Open Lock +5

Equipment: Whip (1H), Chain Shirt (A)

Feats: Combat Experience, Improved Disarm, Weapon Finesse, Improved Trip, Snowflake Wardance, Extra Music

1) Activate Snowflake Wardance. +14 to trip, +16 to disarm.

2) Trip an enemy. Its an almost guaranteed hit due to the obscene bonus.

3) Improved Trip allows you to make another attack if a trip succeeded. Disarm the enemy.

PurpleSocks
2015-01-20, 05:42 AM
This is obviously Korg the Magical

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?195049-Help-Me-Be-Annoying-with-a-Barbarian-Wizard

prufock
2015-01-20, 07:25 AM
Kill them With Laughter! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?221368-Kill-them-with-Laughter!-Build-Idea) This is actually a build focused around a single trick that can kill an enemy who fails 2 saves, by making them laugh so hard they can't breathe.

That isn't really what you're looking for, but it's a neat trick. The rest of the build, though, can certainly work - it's based on bard (or wizard) and psion. You might get some ideas from the thread.

Bonzai
2015-01-20, 10:20 AM

See, this perfectly sets up the point I was about to make. Humor is all in the role play, the build it's self is just a prop. The funniest character our group was a whisper gnome rogue by the name of Silky Johnson. He was a former drug dealer and pimp before some what reforming and becoming an adventurer. They were playing through the Spider Queen mod, and it became evident that he had Snakes and Spiders mixed up. This came up more than you might think. When the group got teleported into a room full of armed guards with weapons pointed at them, Silky said, " Awe $#!t, I think it's a trap. I'll try and disarm it....". Stuff like that made him into a legend in our group. Sadly, Silky met his end telling a Banshee to STFU, but he was never forgotten.

It's the role play that makes a great character. Builds help, but it's all in how you play them.

goto124
2015-01-20, 10:35 AM
Some naughty joke traits I made for another thread:

Special Attractiveness
Everyone around the character can see and smell the character's beauty. It does not affect their combat or concentration, but said character will be the preferred target of flirts and lewd jokes over everyone else.

All in the Body
A body part that can be found on the character is chosen. Whenever someone rolls a natural 1, or otherwise fails sufficiently badly (up to the DM and players), whatever action it tried to take will always hurt the character's chosen body part. The DM may allow reality to warp for the above to happen.

Chances are, the chosen body part will almost always be the groin or the bottom. Because they're inherently hilarious.

It's a running gag that's linked to the character. Someone tries to slap an NPC? Archer fails his shot? Thief got a 1 on his lockpick even if he's on the floor above you? Possibilites are boundless!

DM: The king tells you-
P1: Have him roll a Diplomancy check!
DM: But this is just part of the story, why-
P1: If he gets a nat 1, he'll be talking to my rear end!
DM: ...