PDA

View Full Version : Is Legend dead?

SparksMcGee
2015-01-16, 05:54 AM
Guys, I don't see any updates on the official website for almost an year. Did Legend die after Doc Roc abandoned the project?

Psyren
2015-01-16, 11:18 AM
You may want to PM afroakuma - if he's not still in charge he would probably know who is.

Or he may show up here, or someone else still affiliated with it?

One problem I see though is that 5e seems to have scooped up the majority of the "I like neither 3e, 4e nor PF" crowd that would have been their target audience.

Segev
2015-01-16, 01:49 PM
Legend has a lot going for it as its own product, I must say. It does some things better than 3.5, PF, or 5e. There are others which each of those do better, of course. But there's a definite niche, I think, for its brand of rules-weight.

Tvtyrant
2015-01-16, 02:59 PM
You may want to PM afroakuma - if he's not still in charge he would probably know who is.

Or he may show up here, or someone else still affiliated with it?

One problem I see though is that 5e seems to have scooped up the majority of the "I like neither 3e, 4e nor PF" crowd that would have been their target audience.

Basically this. I played Legend and E6 for a long while, but 5E is easier for my players and flows better.

Knaight
2015-01-17, 11:47 AM
Isn't it essentially done anyways? At the very least, it's in a playable state.

WhiteShark
2015-01-18, 04:58 PM
Isn't it essentially done anyways? At the very least, it's in a playable state.

Yeah, it's completely playable as is (I'm using it with my group right now). However, a monster book would be a huge boon since as-is you have to stat up every monster from scratch yourself. Last I checked they are indeed still working on it, albeit slowly. The devs said they didn't want to post to the front page without something significant to report.