PDA

View Full Version : Ultima Online Free Shard Launching Jan 17th

Gnarnia
2015-01-16, 01:49 PM
Heya,

I wanted to give a heads up for anyone interested who used to play Ultima Online, a free shard I've been involved with is launching tomorrow. UO's an old fantasy-genre MMO game with dated graphics, but to this day is somewhat unparalled in terms of how much freedom you have to do whatever you want with your characters (be a hero or a knave, a crafter or an adventurer, build your own house or castle in the world, etc). The player -vs- player combat has a lot of depth to it too (I've always been more of a monster hunter, but I know people that love the PvP aspects).

The website's at: http://www.uoancorp.com/index.php/homepage with instructions for installing the game, and the wiki's pretty current if you want to familiarize yourself with any of the game systems.

It opens tomorrow at 3pm Eastern if any fellow nerds are looking for a fun & free way to kill some time :) If you have any questions for me, please feel free to ask and I'll answer. I might try to slap together a highlights video later today too (don't expect much, my video editing skills are on par with that old lady from the insurance commercial who's taping photos to her wall.

If you visit the website and hop into IRC (there's a link on top menu), we're also idling in there and can answer any questions real time :)