PDA

View Full Version : What is/how to monk of long death?

The Shadowdove
2015-01-16, 02:32 PM
remember reading a forgotten realms serious by Richard Lee Byer where one of the main antagonists is a "monk of long death".

If anyone could give me some more information on these monks, and how one might play once I would be very appreciative.

How 'do' you role-play one?

How does a 'monk of long death' happen to land himself into an adventuring party?

Are they LE or LN normally?

What is the history behind the order?

Thanks a dozen people! Your books smarts always astound me when presented with such an obscure problem!~

-Dove

Shadow
2015-01-16, 03:51 PM
You're welcome. (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=monk+of+the+long+death)

Z3ro
2015-01-16, 04:21 PM
How 'do' you role-play one?

This is really the relevant question. My interpretation has always been to play a LE character who hooks up with the party because they always end up in situations that require killing someone/something. The party's goals are really irrelevant, as long as there's killing. They make great teammates that way.

The Shadowdove
2015-01-16, 06:15 PM
This is really the relevant question. My interpretation has always been to play a LE character who hooks up with the party because they always end up in situations that require killing someone/something. The party's goals are really irrelevant, as long as there's killing. They make great teammates that way.

I guess from a role play aspect... Should they be studying the enemies as they die too?

Seems as if this is their primary interest in being said party.

Or can there be some bigger goals in relevance to their interest in death that I am not thinking of?