PDA

View Full Version : Battling for the Balance. A 3.5 experience.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Doomboy911
2015-01-16, 11:34 PM
Not all those who wander are lost, for Bluebell in one of the lovely gardens of Meleth this couldn't be any more true. For folks who claim to be away from nature they don't show it. It's very strange where they placed it though, you're sure a few flowers would be happier elsewhere it wouldn't take that long for you to move some around.At the very least a few dying in the shade. At the very border is a cobblestone wall who's shade is sadly killing a few tulips. On your way though you see someone appear out of thin air, a young man of silver flecked skin with stitches all along his body. You've seen your fair share of wounded animals but he has a kind of pain unlike any you've seen before.

Cynnian no longer are you in the dense cold the north but washed deep with warm sunlight, you take in a deep breath of warm fresh air and fell yourself somewhere unlike anywhere else.

Surrounded by old friends once again, you pass through the cemetery recognizing a few names. Some who wasted their lives in pursuit of freedom, a few humans, fewer orcs and no matter how far and wide you look not a single Dwarven grave in sight. Not a single plot of land is worthy of the mighty Dwarves. You have the names of those you must find.For once in your life you're not alone.

What city dares say it is without secret as sure as light casts darkness even the beautiful stained city of Thavron has it's alleys black as night. Along one of these alleys you carry yourself just right, some lazy thug beside a crate eyes you up. Across his eye and left arm you see an awful burn, through his one good eye he watches you rub your eye with your left arm making a quick V before placing your hands in your pocket. Without a word he opens the side of the crate revealing a ladder leading into dark depths below.

Mandrus you step from the light into a dark alley. In your pocket you find a map of the Providence, on the map Lyg is circled and Namo has an X both in a gold ink. The nearest road is a block or two away. You make your way finding yourself never truly in the light, perhaps some divine sign of the right place to be. Through the heavy clouds a single ray of light shines down on a bar "The Fighting Manatee on it a symbol of a ferocious beast of a manatee covered in scars and patches of ripped flesh. Beneath it in rather small print Enter at your own risk.

Reeking of sulfur you find yourself walking an empty road, dressed like the assassin sent on the fool's errand of slaying you. Despite being a man of stealth the light of day seems fixated on you.On your path you see someone confident in his stride standing very out of place. A thief might think him an easy mark but not in broad daylight, he seems like a tourist not knowing the dangers that surround him. In a town like Lyg innocent folk are hard to find.

Nettlekid
2015-01-17, 08:02 AM
Hey, what gear did the Assassin have on him? Daggers, poison, wands, etc?

By the way, I'm really NOT a man of stealth, I don't know where you got that from. No ranks in Hide or Move Silently.

Anim walks through the seedy town, amused and a little relieved at how a simple change of skin really stops onlookers from freaking out over an enormous mantis walking through town. Thri-Kreen never really fit in unless there are stranger races to point at and gawk over, and there frequently aren't. Maybe that's why his kind never lives so long, they die out of sheer frustration.

Now uh, what the hell am I meant to do? How did I get here? Wait, no, I was here. Where was I before? No, no, this isn't where I was. But I'm here now. How'd that happen, I wonder? And who's this I'm wearing? Musta ate him. Not hungry now. I wonder where his life went wrong.

Anim spent a while squeezing his skin, for the moment free of chitin. How peculiar. His hands had a much higher sensory perception than normal. It was a little overwhelming. Humans lived like this all the time? That must be intense. Except they only have half as many arms as they should. So actually they're sensing less. And doing less too. That's why the assassin failed. Not enough weapons. In his fewer arms. Jeez. They're also so short. Oh wait, he had artificially increased his height with splints and things. Oh yeah. No, but he was taller than them before that too. Yeah.

Who's that? That guy looks different. Kinda snazzy. Anim expects he tastes like caviar. He looks like the sort of person to eat caviar. Why is caviar expensive, anyone can get it! But maybe not everyone wants to get it. They just want to eat it. Still, it's probably harder to get beef for yourself than caviar. Or oysters, that's another one. Well, Anim wouldn't know about that. He doesn't eat those things.

"Eyo! Buddy! You look like a local, and I'm just passing by here. Never been to Lyg before. Or no, that's a lie, I've been here once. No wait, no, wrong again, that time is now. That time I was here that I just said. It was now. This is that time. So I haven't been here before now. Is what I meant. I was wondering if you could help me out. I'm looking for..."
Ah crap, what was I looking for?
"A friend of a friend. A guy that knows a guy. Are you that guy, the one that knows the other guy? Or are you the guy that the guy knows? You know what I'm talking about, guy?"

Togo
2015-01-17, 10:26 AM
Cynnian glances around. He takes in the garden, spreading around him, and the elegent spires and domes of the city beyond.

From one garden to another. Looks like a fairly civilised spot. Ok. First things first.

He looks around, and then sidles neatly behind a bush. With a whoosh he pulls out a well-worn wizard's robe, rough patches sewn on here and there fighting for space with faded stars and constallations. He checks to make sure the robe covers his leather armour, and then pulls out a pot of cream, and starts rubbing into the stiches on his neck and face, gradually causing them to fade. Once satisfied that the scars are faint enough, he takes one end of a stout stick, worn smooth from weeks of hiking, and starts screwing about half a pound of brass orb into one end.

Nice place, this.He murmurs out loud. And.. was that a fairy? I've not seen one since that... that misunderstanding, in the Summer Market. I'm sure they've forgotten all about that by now. Hey little creatures, he calls out softly, rasing a cautious finger in the somewhat optimistic hope that some passing critter might choose to land on it. You're not going to tell anyone about my little disguise, are you?

razorback
2015-01-17, 10:37 AM
Mandrus, looking around, closes his eyes and focuses for a moment.
<Pelor preserve> he thinks to himself. The city is seedy, not the kind he would visit by his own volition. Perhaps he was brought here to help bring the light of Pelor to the darkness?
As the odd, twitchy man calls out to him and approaches, he naturally takes a defensive stance but, as he is not holding his chain, he stands and listens. <Twitches like those who eat the Pucha berry>
"I am no local." he says plainly, voice like sand flowing over gravel. Some take his slow and thoughtful speech with his size as a sign of a dim-wit, although this is fairly far from the truth. "I know not what you speak of but if you require assistance, I will see what I can accomplish. As you are the first person I have met, unless you are said guy and I know you, then I don't think I am either of those guys you are seeking. What do they look like or what do they seek? Perhaps we can talk further at that place there?" he asks as he points to the sign of The Fighting Manatee. "My throat is parched and it has been many moons since I had a warm meal I didn't make myself or an ale to sooth the throat."

Archmage1
2015-01-17, 11:31 AM
Not all those who wander are lost, for Bluebell in one of the lovely gardens of Meleth this couldn't be any more true. For folks who claim to be away from nature they don't show it. It's very strange where they placed it though, you're sure a few flowers would be happier elsewhere it wouldn't take that long for you to move some around.At the very least a few dying in the shade. At the very border is a cobblestone wall who's shade is sadly killing a few tulips. On your way though you see someone appear out of thin air, a young man of silver flecked skin with stitches all along his body. You've seen your fair share of wounded animals but he has a kind of pain unlike any you've seen before.

Cynnian no longer are you in the dense cold the north but washed deep with warm sunlight, you take in a deep breath of warm fresh air and fell yourself somewhere unlike anywhere else.

Cynnian glances around. He takes in the garden, spreading around him, and the elegent spires and domes of the city beyond.

From one garden to another. Looks like a fairly civilised spot. Ok. First things first.

He looks around, and then sidles neatly behind a bush. With a whoosh he pulls out a well-worn wizard's robe, rough patches sewn on here and there fighting for space with faded stars and constallations. He checks to make sure the robe covers his leather armour, and then pulls out a pot of cream, and starts rubbing into the stiches on his neck and face, gradually causing them to fade. Once satisfied that the scars are faint enough, he takes one end of a stout stick, worn smooth from weeks of hiking, and starts screwing about half a pound of brass orb into one end.

Nice place, this.He murmurs out loud. And.. was that a fairy? I've not seen one since that... that misunderstanding, in the Summer Market. I'm sure they've forgotten all about that by now. Hey little creatures, he calls out softly, rasing a cautious finger in the somewhat optimistic hope that some passing critter might choose to land on it. You're not going to tell anyone about my little disguise, are you?

Seeing the poor, dying flowers, in amidst the beauty of the garden, Bluebell feels sorry for them, and starts moving them around, so they can look amazing, and get plenty of sunlight. After all, it would be very sad, were they to die, just because no one saw their danger. She hums softly while she works, but, before she can finish, someone appears, a sparkly man, who seemed to be in such pain...
Sadly, before she can approach him, he tries to hide, changing his clothing, and trying to make his sparkly scars vanish. But then, he talks to her, and even gives her a place to land! Being Bluebell, she flies over to him, and lands on his finger.

The faerie appears as a tiny woman, just a bit over a foot tall, wearing a delicate backless blue dress, seemingly made out of died silk, with a pair of butterfly-like wings on her back(Explaining why she wore a backless dress). Her wings are mostly blue, with delicate patterns on them. Instead of hair, she has blue petals, quite like those of the bluebell. Her eyes are a bright saphire, and she would be incredibly beautiful, if she were larger. Instead, she can be described as cute, or adorable.
She smiles up at you, looking quite cheerful, and almost frighteningly innocent.
"Hi! I'm Bluebell, and you're Sparkly!"
When you mention your disguise, she smiles, shyly, and nods.
"But only if you help me save the flowers! Some of them are in trouble, so I'm moving them! And you tell me your story! Not many people just appear! And you're really different too!"

While the two of you speak, a hummingbird comes in, and lands on "Sparkly's" head.

Sephir
2015-01-17, 03:17 PM
Ellythras Nodded At the Guard, it was a common practice of worshipers to Cut of Eye, in respect for their Deity. He himself found this custom reduntant and Anachronistic. Though he found romantic the ideal to be of a closer resemblance to a god, he could not find a reason fir Vecna to look good upon self-mutilation.

As he descended the ladder , he found himself running with Nostalgia of the First time he came here , as a mere Apprentice . His mentor happened to be the Leader of the cult , and was fascinated with the YOungste;rs mental powers, taking him under his wing. This of course caused quite a fight when his Father, priest of Kord, discovered his new "Friends" , ending with a quite heated Fight and Ellythras leaving to live with the cult. The Temple was the closest thing he had for a home right now , when he was not travelling around the world in search for Knowledge. THe library of Vecna was one of the Biggest in the city, filled with lore of all kinds. He was also proud to know that he had even contributed to it, three of his books were included in the library.

He descended into the Temple. Every temple of Vecna was built around a secret passage of Shorts. A fake wall, a door with a riddle, or a hidden Hatch. It was mostly an analogy of Vecna's love for secrecy, but also a practical means of keeping the inner working of the cult from goody two shoes . He would love to tell his mentor what happened. Perhaps Vecna was informed of this as well. Worst case scenario, he could fgure out if this was all a dream

Doomboy911
2015-01-17, 04:51 PM
You make your way through past some set of pillars about head height, they seem to be placed rather chaotically but for those who don't know the path they'll find themselves dead quite quickly. Through your path a small person perhaps a halfing or a short dwarf clad in purple robes waiting rather unsure, they have an envelope in their hand with your name on it. "I was told to give this to you. This is all I know."

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx47/Doomboy911/Instructions_zps49bb3dbd.jpg (http://s740.photobucket.com/user/Doomboy911/media/Instructions_zps49bb3dbd.jpg.html)

included is a compass and piece of sharpened charcoal.

littlebum2002
2015-01-17, 05:17 PM
Ianhorn was disappointed. No Dwarves would join his service today. Still, no use letting these bodies go to waste. He begins the ritual to turn the graveyard into an unholy place. He sprinkles a few graves with water he himself cursed, and spreads some silver dust in a circle around them.

Once he feels the negative energy in the area, as everything alive starts to rapidly wilt and decay, he summons his minions. Bodies and skeletons claw their way out of their graves, scratching through the hard soil to once again exist in the light of the day. After he finally finishes the task, he taps each of them with a wand, and they each are hidden by an illusion of a gruff looking orc or dwarf.

Then, he leaves this cursed place with his "bodyguards" and attempts to find those who will assist him on his quest.

I think my math is right here:
Caster level 6 (5+1 from Necromancer domain)
3x caster level worth of HD in undead created (because of Deathbound domain)
2x this because area is descecrated

So 36 HD worth of undead? I think that's right. If so, I'd like to have 6 6HD undead, half zombies and half skeletons

Nettlekid
2015-01-17, 07:21 PM
...Oh whoa. Am I the guy? If it was me, I'd be the perfect person to hunt me down. I'm always where I am. I couldn't get away!
Did I kill a devil thing?
I don't remember that.
Also I'm not called Scraggy.
That's who it was! That's the guy. Scraggy. Or something. Ain't me.

Anim realized he hadn't spoken in a while.

"The guy I'm looking for is called Scraggy. Doggy Scraggy. Least I think so. The fella who told me such had a southern accent. From the deep south. If you catch my drift. The deep. South. Way down there. Strong accent. Nice guy. Lotta color in his skin. Not in a racist way. Red blooded. Probably. Maybe not, actually. Didn't see his blood. Wouldn't ask. You shouldn't either. Not that you'd meet him. Wouldn't recommend it. Strong accent. Gods above, these tiny little teeth pronounce words so well!"
He clicks his teeth a little, and runs his tongue over his gums.

"Huh, go for a drink? Yeah, sure. I had a light lunch a short while ago, but I could stand to eat again. Maybe I'll get something for the road. After you, bub."

Togo
2015-01-17, 08:27 PM
Cynnian stares at the tiny figure. For a moment he considers ignoring the request. He's here on important business, after all. But part of him wants to help the earnest little creature. And then he notices her eyes. Her brilliant sapphire eyes. And then something about the whole situation seems just that little bit too familiar.

Sure. I can help save the flowers. he says weakly. Ah.. What are we saving them from, exactly? Soil acidity? Cosmic destruction? A goat?

He moves back to the path.

Say... Once we've helped the flowers, maybe you could help me out? I'm looking for some people. They work for... Order, nature and um.. nice and mean. He winces. Since you're from around here, maybe you could suggest somewhere I could look?

This wasn't the heroic start he had envisaged, but the similarities were too obvious to ignore. Well, apart from the bird on his head. He'd happily own up to not understanding that one, so he was just being careful not to disturb it...

Archmage1
2015-01-17, 08:37 PM
Bluebell smiles happily at his pronouncement.
"Yaay! Thank you, Sparkly!"
She swiftly jumps up, and hugs his face, before she lets go, and hovers not too far from him.
"They're not getting enough sunlight, so we're going to move them, so they do get enough!"
She follows him, as he moves towards the path.
"Ooh! You're looking for people! I can help with that! I'm good at finding things, but it might take a while. So let's help the garden, and then I'll help you! See those tulips? They should be moved over there..."
She starts directing her new friend, Sparkly, on what flowers to move, and where to move them, so the garden looks wonderful, and all the flowers will be well. She also helps, ensuring that everything is done well.

The hummingbird seems content to stay, for the moment.

razorback
2015-01-18, 10:37 AM
Mandrus begins walking forward, but side by side instead of in front like the man suggested.
"I grew up near the shattered mountains and have never been to the south, deep or otherwise." he pauses, letting it draw out to give the man a moment to think before he continues.
"What brings you to Lyg? This town does not have a reputation of being hospitable, especially to foreigners."

Togo
2015-01-18, 10:43 AM
Cynnian looks as enthusiastic as he can with a bird riding on his skull and several inches of jubulient fairy clinging to his cheek.

So.. we're replanting flowers. Um.. Great!

Cynnian proves willing, but unskilled. His initial approach, of simply grabbing the flowers and pulling upwards, seems to distress the fairy for some reason. Gradually they settle into a rhythm, preparing the new hole, loosening soil, carefully pulling out the flower, and then moving the plant from one place to another.

Um.. this is a fairly large garden. You're not planning on doing it all, are you? I mean, keeping this place up is a full time job.

Archmage1
2015-01-18, 11:16 AM
Bluebell smiles at Sparkly.
"Yes! It's wonderful, and they'll all grow strong, and beautiful!"
Seeing his first attempts, Bluebell is quick to stop him.
"No! Not like that! You need to be careful, and get the bulb, and the roots, not just the top! And have a place ready for them! They don't like having their roots in the air, which is quite reasonable!"

After they make a bit of progress, Sparkly raises his concern, and Bluebell shakes her head.
"Silly! Only the ones that are in danger! The rest are fine!"

Nettlekid
2015-01-18, 11:16 AM
"Lyg! Is that where I am? I've never been here before. I wonder why I'm here now. Well, I'm here because I'm meant to be, otherwise I wouldn't be. Don't know much about the place. Doggy Scraggy's probably around here. He sounds like a nice guy. Do you know him?"
Anim stumbles forward, almost falling.
"Whoops. I'm shorter. Like by a lot. That ever happen to you, guy? Of course, when you're really short it doesn't matter."
Anim shoves against the doors of the bar, pushing it open.
"Yo! Fellas! What's a manatee and what's it got to eat?"

Sephir
2015-01-18, 12:24 PM
Ellythras Smiles softly at the encrypted message. His master seemed to have not lost his love for riddles and codes. It took him some time to connect the wordings with the charcoal. After that, he looked around of his his mentor, only to discover the old man had disappeared, probably in cult business . A tad unhappy, he went upstairs again, exiting from a completely unrelated entrance to the maze below, leading tho THavron's Main square. There, he casually searched for the place to find Teleportation pamphlets, hoping he would not meet a certain person preaching around of Kord....

Doomboy911
2015-01-18, 12:43 PM
You've both seen worst, it is still a part of the providence and during the day hours maybe it gets worst at night. A few folks in their booths hidden behind a thick curtain of smoke and shadow. Someone in a dark brown cloak staring quietly at his drink sitting alone at a table. A battle-worn dwarf missing his right side from some hideous fire quietly muttering to himself hands shaking as he tries to drink his beer. The bartender a goliath with his back up against the ceiling cleaning a glass beside him on a chalk board.
Ask about our steak special.
and a list of prices for various drinks.
Black Barnacle Buckaroo Bonzai.
The big frog.
The What.
Water in a clean glass.

The Bartender looks to you and rolls up his sleeve to show a manatee on his shoulder. "My favorite animal and mostly aquatic plants."

You make your way along the road to find one of the public forums full of ads, wanted posters, also a few pamphlets
Come to lovely Meleth and stop to smell the roses.
Enjoy the Lover's Gulf with ease, it's an ocean breeze.
Namo! The Jewel of Divine Favor.

Nettlekid
2015-01-18, 01:02 PM
"Big boy! Tell me about the steak special! What makes it special? What makes it steak? And tell me, are you happy with your life?"

Sephir
2015-01-18, 01:24 PM
Ellythras focused on the Poster about Meleth, mainly it's Gardens. He studied it carefully for a good two minutes, before starting to Focus his mental prowess, as he began to vanish in a brilliant white light, hopefully towards his destination. He needed to gather his two other Companions before going to Namo.

Cast Teleport. Target is Studied carefully
95—97 Off Target 98—99 Similar Area 100 Mishap
[roll0]

Apologies , i had not Marked which spells i have memorized. Sheet is updated with the data

Doomboy911
2015-01-18, 04:01 PM
With a bit of a crash and a bang you find yourself in the garden about
25 feet up above a lake. Relfex save.

While you two are busy replanting you hear a loud pop. Spot check

Archmage1
2015-01-18, 04:06 PM
Bluebell, hearing the loud crash, looks worried, and looks around for the source.
[roll0] spot

Sephir
2015-01-18, 04:24 PM
[roll0]

Ellythras suddenly realized he was at the top of a lake.

The fly spell is useless he thought as he fell YOu'll never need it he said

Togo
2015-01-18, 04:31 PM
Cynnian spot [roll0]

Doomboy911
2015-01-18, 09:32 PM
Thinking quickly you reach out and catch a branch of an over hanging willow branch. You look above and spot a petal, clad in black armor with spikes all along it and hair made of rose petals he looks down on you a cherry in his arms. "Need some help stranger?

It's apparently raining wizards today as you see a hooded man fall from the sky into a nearby willow tree.

"We don't have one." he spits at the counter and wipes it down. "I run one of the finer establishments on account of my favorite co-workers." He motions to a boar on a spit.

razorback
2015-01-18, 09:57 PM
Mandrus tilts his head back and forth slowly, pondering the roasting meat.
"If you want one, I'm paying. But you get the drinks. Fair?"
He says questioningly as he extends his hand to the odd man "I am Mandrus... Mandrus Devinsen. What is your name?"
He says to the bartender and says "Brother, is there anything in this city I should be aware of? I am new and, I suspect, just passing through but luck favors those who are cautious."

Nettlekid
2015-01-18, 11:05 PM
Anim glances to the boar.
"The thing looks like it's suffered enough. Show me one with a little more fight and I might have had a different answer for you."

He leans back on the bar, looking at the few patrons who ventured to the bar in the afternoon.
"Speaking of enough suffering, check out this guy!" Anim remarks, pointing at the shuddering, burned Dwarf. He saunters over, putting his hand on the Dwarf's shoulder.
Touch attack [roll0] (didn't know the Assassin's strength score so I guessed 14. Adjust higher or lower if needed.) Since the Dwarf ought to be flat-footed and this is a touch attack, unless he has some powerful forcefield for a deflection bonus this is against an AC of 10. Deals 2 negative levels, causing his current and max HP to drop by 10 and him to take a -2 on all attack rolls, checks, saves, etc.
"He's got a tough, rugged kind of flavor to him. He's seen things. Tell me war-torn, did you get your shakes after the fire, or did you start the fire because of your shakes? Let's hope you didn't end up killing anyone you could have saved! That's the kind of thing that would haunt you at night. If anyone needs a bit of pig, it's this guy."

Archmage1
2015-01-19, 06:25 AM
Bluebell spots the wizard.
"He... fell! Do you think he teleported? Maybe he could help us find who you are looking for! But we need to finish with the flowers first! We're almost done!"

Sephir
2015-01-19, 08:58 AM
That.....would be delightful. Do you have any spells ? Because I don't think you are capable of carrying me Ellythras grunted, trying his best to remain at the will tree ,while slowly descending to dry ground.
[roll0]

Togo
2015-01-19, 05:35 PM
Um.. Are we close to finishing? Because that's not a very strong branch he's clinging to...

He moves over to stand under the tree.

Um... Ok, this will look a bit strange, so don't take this the wrong way. Just hold still a second and don't panic or anything.

He concentrates, his lips forming a thin line, before disappearing entirely. His hair recedes and then vanishes completely as his eyes, nose and mouth all fill in, his head forming a featureless orb of flesh before merging with his grey roiling body. The shapeless mass stretches upwards, getting thinner and thinner as it does so, until it is a mere plank of greyish wood, but still moving like no wood ever has. Great depressions start forming along it's surface, deepening until they form voids, windows through the flesh. Quickly the form settles down into it's final shape, that of a wooden ladder, some 15-20' long, leaning against the tree.

You'll need to move quickly says the ladder I can't stay dry like this long...

Turn into a mimic, and then into a ladder shape.

Sephir
2015-01-19, 05:47 PM
What the- Ellythrs ponders, before starting to comb down the ladder. He started to seach his mind for whatever was going on.Whatever you might be...you have my thanks

Arcana [roll0]
Dungeoneering [roll1]

Archmage1
2015-01-19, 05:54 PM
Bluebell smiles as Sparkly comments on being done.
"Almost! I'm moving the last one now!"
With that, the bright little faerie carefully removes the flower from the ground, and flies over to the better spot, and replants it, before she flies over to the ladder climbing wizard, and hovers behind him.
"Hi! Do you do that a lot? It looked kinda fun!"
Her voice is excited and musical.

Sephir
2015-01-19, 06:02 PM
That would not be the case I'm afraid Ellythras says sarcastically Most of the time, there is less falling-on-lakes Threshold. Now, who might you be ? Given I am with a talking ladder and a fairy thing, I suppose I forgot to take my medicine. So I may not introduce myself before I have solid proof you are not products of my illness

Archmage1
2015-01-19, 06:09 PM
"Aw... I'm sorry! It looked like fun to me!"
Bluebell seems quite excited at the mention of a talking ladder.
"Ooh! A talking ladder? It talks? And have you seen Sparkly? He was going to help, but he's vanished! Oh, I'm Bluebell!"

Sephir
2015-01-19, 06:16 PM
Nice to meet you Blubell, I'm Ellythras He said, trying his best to smile I believe this is Meleth ? Or did I fizzled the teleport spell ?

Archmage1
2015-01-19, 06:21 PM
"Hi Ellythras!"
Bluebell smiles brightly, always happy to meet new people.
"I'm pretty sure this is Meleth! Otherwise, I'm lost, although that could be fun! Do you go places a lot? Or just sometimes? Have you been here before? The gardens are fairly nice here too!"

Doomboy911
2015-01-19, 06:30 PM
"No you're right this is Meleth and if this is some dream the real question is who's having it." The petal floats down onto Ellythras' head. "And I think your friend turned....um hi?" he stops and just stares for a moment.Without a beat of a wing he floats to Bluebell. "Uh want a cherry?"

Responding in a similar tongue"Wealth be had to those who hold onto to it tightly." he stops out of the corner of the eye he tries to stop you from touching the dwarf but is just too slow.The dwarf screams just at your touch throwing his ale across the room and through a window, spasming he falls out of his seat grabbing at his missing arm. "They're touching me! Stop! Stop it." his grabbing turns to ripping as he starts to tear at his flesh before falling silent.

There's a matter of finding a quality place to hide, you can't just rip the dead from anywhere. You find a nice shady tree where a few are buried and it'll be hard to notice anything amiss. You soil most of the hill removing any magical protection it might have from prayers and gods. Then you begin making some new friends. Then a pain shoots through your arm, a little zap like you worked it too hard. You ignore it and continue on making friends. The question now is how to find the others.

Archmage1
2015-01-19, 06:33 PM
Bluebell smiles cheerfully at the newcoming petal.
"Hi! I haven't seen you before! Is this your garden? And you have cherries! I love cherries! But they're really hard to find!"

Sephir
2015-01-19, 06:34 PM
I can see that Ellythras ssinf nonchlantly Yes, I have been in this place before, this is Meleth. I used to teach here, but unfortunately the city council did not think my methods of teaching , psionically suggesting the little brats to do their homework, was adequate, i got kicked put unfortunatelys

Archmage1
2015-01-19, 06:38 PM
Bluebell looks back at Ellythras as he responds.
"You used to teach? I taught too! Except I think we taught different things! I helped the elves learn how to take care of gardens, and fields! It was really fun, and then I got to go back to my garden! But they kicked you out for talking with your students? That seems silly!"

Sephir
2015-01-19, 06:43 PM
Well, what I am taking about is something different Ellythras Explained Perhaps you would like an....presentation ?

Archmage1
2015-01-19, 06:46 PM
Bluebell looks thoughtful for a moment, before she smiles.
"It sounds like fun!"

Sephir
2015-01-19, 06:53 PM
Ellytras eyes glew with power as he gaze deeply into the petal and said I suggest You take a dive at the lake, the water is refreshing with this heat

Psionic Suggestion DC 10+2+7+1+1=21

Archmage1
2015-01-19, 06:59 PM
Bluebell looks at him, confesed.
"But... it's not really warm, and my dress would be ruined, and my head feels funny! Maybe you could try? It looks like fun, don't you think?"
(DC 22 suggestion back. :))

Sephir
2015-01-19, 07:01 PM
( you have to say suggest)

Sephir
2015-01-19, 07:11 PM
No, I do not think soEllythras said smiling softly Quite the mental fortitude you have. That makes you strong enough to null most of my arsenal....You are quite interesting. Tell me, are you looking for any...extraordinary folk ?

Nettlekid
2015-01-19, 07:20 PM
"Whooooo boy, fella. He's been having too much of the strong stuff. Or actually, maybe he needs something stronger. He just hasn't had exactly the right amount."
Anim saunters back over to the bar, rolling his head and looking at the Goliath barkeep.
"So what's his problem, and why hasn't he been put out of his misery? Also is his name Doggy Scraggy? Or yours? I'm trying to find someone called...something like that."

Archmage1
2015-01-19, 07:20 PM
Bluebell looks a little disappointed.
"Aw... it would have been really fun! But... I think I am! Maybe you're one of them? That could be handy! Because Sparkly is looking for fancy people, and I'm going to help him! But I can't find him! Have either of you seen him?"
Worried for her new friend, she looks around, hoping to see him.

razorback
2015-01-20, 03:09 PM
"We can speak further on this."

"Let us sit and eat." Mandrus says to his odd companion.
"And a drink. No reason to get into any situation with these locals." He pulls a chair out and, looking at it twice to make sure it will hold his weight, he gingerly sits down as the chair audibly protests its ill treatment.

Doomboy911
2015-01-20, 04:16 PM
The barkeep keeps his eye trained on the fallen dwarf."Uh hey doc are you ok?" he steps around the bar "Doc?" tapping his side and shaking him lightly. The dwarf stays silent, his blood and his wound begin to turn black.

"Wait you guys are adventurers? Cool. I mean not to brag I kind of am too just nothing cool. I deliver stuff." The petal reaches into his back pack and pulls out a small cube wrapped in brown paper and neatly tied up.

Archmage1
2015-01-20, 04:22 PM
Bluebell smiles at the other petal.
"That sounds really fun! You would get to see all sorts of places! I was visiting, and I was that some flowers were in danger, and then Sparkly came, and he decided to help! And then Ellythras arrived! But I don't think we've done any adventuring! I was going to help Sparkly find the people he's looking for, so maybe that counts as an adventure? And coming here was fun too! There were lots of things to see along the way!"

Nettlekid
2015-01-20, 04:33 PM
"He's in a better place now. " Anim remarked, not moving his head. "You never answered my question, Barkeep. Are you happy with your life? Is your life something that makes you happy? I'm looking for someone. I'd like to find him. Doggy Scraggy."

razorback
2015-01-20, 06:39 PM
Mandrus' eyes tighten as he sees the other goliath walk over to the fallen dwarf, standing and grabbing the odd man. "What do you mean, better place? I think we need to know what is going on here." he says with a flat tone.

Togo
2015-01-20, 06:39 PM
The ladder quivers slightly, and the grass on which it rests starts to smoke. It bends away from the tree with a sudden jerk, and starts to retract. With rather more speed than before, it turns back into what it was before - a rangey young man with silvery skin and battered wizard's robes. He steps sharply away from where he was standing.

So the plants are all safe now? That's a blessing.. he says, brushing loose soil from his hands. Hi Ellythras, I'm Cynnian. I'm human, I'm afraid. Well, mostly human. Do you.. drop in like that often?

He looks over in confusion at the new arrival.

You're an adventurer too? That seems... a little more than coincidence. Who are you delivering that too? And, are we all looking for people? Because this doesn't seem like the most obvious place.

Archmage1
2015-01-20, 06:51 PM
Bluebell watches the ladder change into Sparkly with wide eyes.
"There you are, Sparkly! I was afraid I'd lost you! And we moved all the flowers that needed moving! They're much happier now! Thank you!"
She looks a little disappointed as Cynnian reveals that his name is Cynnian.
"Aw... I thought Sparkly was a much nicer name! But who are you looking for? Maybe with all of us, we can find them!"
As she speaks, she smiles at Ellythras, Cynnian, and the unnamed petal.
The hummingbird somehow remains on Cynnian's head, looking unperturbed.

Doomboy911
2015-01-20, 07:09 PM
"Well so far the only sight worth seeing is you." he giggles a bit as the ladder shifts. "Cool never saw one of those. What are you some kind of wereladder? I mean I never heard of that but it could be a thing. Pretty lady do you think wereladders are a thing?" The little red fairy buzzes all about."Oh right I'm supposed to deliver this to some human in Namo."

Archmage1
2015-01-20, 07:21 PM
Bluebell smiles, and blushes at his words.
"Aw... thanks! And I think that a wereladder is definitely a thing! We've seen one! Maybe all ladders are wereladders! And we could start looking in Namo! Ellythras can take us there, I'm sure!"
She looks at Ellythras, expectantly hopeful.
"You can, right? Please? We can look for people for Cynnian there, and we can help..."
She looks at the other petal, hoping that he would help her out, and maybe tell her who he was.

Nettlekid
2015-01-20, 07:36 PM
"Well doc, you tell me. Shaky guy, traumatized by the look of it, badly injured. Who knows what nightmares he'd seen? And look at that, he freaked out and keeled over just from a tap on the shoulder. Is that really any way to live a life? Especially being a Dwarf, so long-lived...They've got so much time, don't they? They don't need to beg or bargain or fight for a few extra years on this miserable plane..."
Anim's teeth had clenched, and he was gripping the bar tightly. He looks down at Mandrus' hand gripping him, and grabs the Goliath by the wrist, pushing his hand away.
Two negative levels.
He fixes Mandrus in the eye.
"He was wasting what little life he had left. He was weak, and by all reasoning should have died in whatever took that arm. That was his fate, I daresay. To waste a gift like that...He wasn't fit to have it. And it looks like the gods agree."
Anim shoves away from Mandrus and strides over to the Dwarf's corpse. Staring at the Dwarf for a moment, he then glances at the silent drinker in the brown cloak.
"And you, huh? Mister Chatty McChatterson, esquire. Are you wasting your life? Are you wasting the one and greatest gift the gods can give you, huh? In a putrid tavern drinking stale beer. Where has your life taken you? Where has it dropped you off? Do you, like so few of us, deserve to be alive?!"

Doomboy911
2015-01-20, 07:39 PM
Bluebell smiles, and blushes at his words.
"Aw... thanks! And I think that a wereladder is definitely a thing! We've seen one! Maybe all ladders are wereladders! And we could start looking in Namo! Ellythras can take us there, I'm sure!"
She looks at Ellythras, expectantly hopeful.
"You can, right? Please? We can look for people for Cynnian there, and we can help..."
She looks at the other petal, hoping that he would help her out, and maybe tell her who he was.

The little red petal starts to blush, he realizes he's doing this and slaps his cheeks before slipping on his helmet."Uh um I'm Thorn, proud warrior and currently in the postal service for higher beings but despite the work I serve proudly." Drawing his blade rather swiftly forgetting that he was holding a package he dives to grab it, snatching it mere inches from the lake."And if it means travelling with a young lady as fine as yourself I'm more than happy to help."

"Doc are you okay." the goliath starts tapping his side. "Quick someone go get help, I don't think he's breathing."
[roll0]

Archmage1
2015-01-20, 08:00 PM
Bluebell smiles happily at him.
"Yay! Thank you, Thorn! It's really nice to meet you!"

razorback
2015-01-20, 11:58 PM
"What manner of foul creature are you?!?" Mandrus says as he pushes away from the man.

Nettlekid shouldn't be 1 negative level?

Doomboy911
2015-01-21, 12:27 AM
"My path has taken me along a path of decisions. I can recognize that I have made terrible mistakes in my past, I have hurt and may hurt more but I have always found that I must repay the debts I have made. As far as I can say I don't deserve the privilege of dying and letting my crimes be forgotten. Although the beer may be foul it has a robust and enticing taste to it.Do you believe that might gives you the right to determine who gets to live and who must die? And if so what happens when someone comes along who's stronger than you?"

Nettlekid
2015-01-21, 08:38 AM
I'm not really sure what you were asking me Razorback, but I'm guessing you meant "shouldn't that be one negative level (instead of two)?" and the answer is no, a level 7 Soul Eater deals two negative levels with a touch.

"Wow, I had no idea how much I didn't care about you." Anim sneered at the hooded man.
"And might I say, that's a pretty harsh accusation. I'm not choosing who lives or dies, don't be ridiculous. All I did was touch the guy. You're saying a touch killed him? You're saying he was that weak that a tap on the shoulder took him out? If so, yeah, he deserves to die and make room for the better people in this world. But no, it's not an issue of strength. It's an issue of will. The person who deserves to live is the one who wants it more. The average man is one who takes the years given to him and does what he can with those years. The weak man is the one who takes the years given to him and lets them seep away until death is upon him without his noticing. The strong man is the one who takes the years given to him and takes more. Refuses to surrender to death."
Anim begins to shudder, and releases his control of the slain assassin's Soul Radiance. The assassin's skin turns to green-gray chitin, and a second pair of arms bursts out. He is now tall, not quite as tall as Mandrus but surprisingly close.

"K-k-k...You ask-k what manner of foul k-creature am I? I am a strong man cheated of life. Twenty five summers had passed and I could feel my muscles k-creak-k-king under the weight of my own body, my breath staggered, my mind foggy. Your k-k-kind, Goliath, you live for eighty years! That useless wretch of a Dwarf was given well over 250 years to mope about his loss! TEN OF MY LIVES WOULD PASS BEFORE THAT USELESS HALF-MAN GAVE WAY TO DEATH. If you are a man of righteousness tell me, k-k, how k-k-can that be justice? A drunk-k throwing two hundred and fifty years away, while I who had found love and a reason to live was k-k-cut short so early? I am a foul k-k-creature that refused to give fealty to Nerull when he stared me in the face. I tak-k-ke the lives of others who are already dead on the inside and put their lost years to a better future. K-k-can you really say you respec-k-kt the world we live in as much as that, to mak-k-ke the most of every life within it?!"

Doomboy911
2015-01-21, 09:51 AM
"Looks like the strong man has spent all his time just cursing others." he says before leaning back in his chair. Then when he explodes into a thri-keen he just takes a swig of his drink. Listen checks.

littlebum2002
2015-01-21, 10:16 AM
Ianhorn walks toward town, looking for a relatively seedy and unassuming bar.

Assuming he'll run into the others on the way?

razorback
2015-01-21, 10:32 AM
Mandrus stands back, watching what is going on, not sure how to react, after being assaulted by the strange man before him.

Listen check
[roll0]

Sephir
2015-01-21, 01:03 PM
"I could travel you there" Ellythras says "I do have the capabilities for that. But, i would need you first to tell me some things. For example , your reasons for this Transposition. Elaborate on them if you please. Perhaps you are the ones i was looking for

Archmage1
2015-01-21, 02:14 PM
Bluebell smiles happily.
"Cynnian said he was looking for special people, and I'm going to help him find them! And Thorn needs to deliver a package! Will you pleeeaase take us?"
Bluebell looks at Ellythras, her eyes wide and hopeful.

Togo
2015-01-21, 04:42 PM
Cynnian nods. Oh yes, he says, deadpan The curse of wereladderdom is very common in the North. Many is the time, when the red moon is full, that my tribe sweep the landscape, glorying in such a purity of the hunt that only a collection of were-folding steps, were-ladders, and were-staircases can achieve.

He lowers his voice to a conspiratorial whisper. Sometimes, we look for our ancestral enemies, the there-ladders. Instead of being people who turn into ladders, they're ladders who.. turn into ladders. That's why they're so hard to find, because they're ladders all of the time!

He looks over at Ellythras

I am looking for some people. I think they're looking for me. But... He looks embarassed, something which the earlier discussion had somehow failed to achieve. To be honest I don't have much to go on. I don't know what they look like or what they're called or where they are. Unless they just appear in front of me or drop out of the sky...

He frowns as his brain finally catches up with his mouth.

Say.. Bluebell? You wouldn't happen to be an adventurer sent by someone to save the world, would you? Maybe Nice... or... His eyes cast around the replanted flowers. ..Or Nature?

And you Ellythras. You wouldn't happen to be working for Nice? Or... He quirks one eyebrow, then hazards a guess...Or Order maybe. Out to save a large number of people in the company of companions you've not actually met?

Sephir
2015-01-21, 04:47 PM
Wait a Minute, that Does Sounds Familiar Ellythras said, as a lightbulb went off on his head I was selected is a strange dream-like sequence that ended in teleportation as the Champion of Knowledge....Wait a bit...I gotta write it down...THe meeting of the first three Champions. He quickly took the book from his haversack and started scribbling down more notes o the Dusty empty tome.

Archmage1
2015-01-21, 06:02 PM
Bluebell listens to Cynnian's tale, smiling happily at the imagery his words conjure.
"Yay! I knew they were real!"
She seems quite delighted.

However, as Ellythras and Cynnian describe being selected to act as a champion of something, she shakes her head.
"Mab said that the gardens were in danger, and I said I would try to help! But I don't think that makes me her champion? Or maybe it does? But there's Titania as well, and she's really nice too! But she did say that there would be others too, so maybe? I don't know! But I think following you will be lots of fun, so it's ok!"

Sephir
2015-01-21, 06:13 PM
I thinks it's easy to suppose you are the Champion of good, what with your happy go Lucky goody two Shoe attitude Ellythras said, coding his book Anyone got a phamplet to Lyg ? Apparently I have information that Two more champions are there. And I hope I don't land on a lake again

Archmage1
2015-01-21, 06:18 PM
Bluebell smiles, and shrugs at Ellythra's assumption. After all, it didn't really matter. She was going to follow them, and they would save the gardens!
"A pamphlet? What's that?"

Sephir
2015-01-21, 06:23 PM
Trying his best not to resort to psychic crush, Ellythras explained They are posters, with pictures. I need them to focus the teleport spell, just go to the main square

Archmage1
2015-01-21, 06:26 PM
Bluebell smiles cheerfully at him.
"With pictures? Of other places? They sound fun! Do you think we can find some?"

Sephir
2015-01-21, 06:30 PM
Yes. Of course you can. Ellythras grunted, at the edge of his patience No go find one in Lyg at the main square, or the fliers there may die or something

Archmage1
2015-01-21, 06:34 PM
Bluebell looks at him, clearly confused.
"But... we're trying to go to Namo, not Lyg! And the fliers aren't alive, are they?"

Sephir
2015-01-21, 06:39 PM
Get. A. Phamplet of Lyg, well go to Namo after we gather everyone. Please hurry Ellythras said, getting tired of the conversation the "Mind Control" clock was ticking

Archmage1
2015-01-21, 06:56 PM
Bluebell looks confused again.
"But... Thorn wants to go to Namo, not Lyg! Why can't we go there first?"

Togo
2015-01-21, 07:02 PM
Wait... you're a champion of Knowledge. And you don't know what's going on either? This just gets better and better... Thorn, at least tell me you know who your parcel is for?

Doomboy911
2015-01-21, 08:15 PM
"Oooh I think I can help. Wait here." he pops off for a second into a hollow along the willow tree. In a moment or two he pops back out with a pamphlet in his hand "I may not be the best adventurer but I am an excellent tourist and yes I know who it's for. ". He has a beaten pamphlet of Lyg worn from being folded and unfolded repeatedly."And we can take a minute to find your friends. I think it's kind of cheating to be doing all this fancy popping left and right. Besides the guy can wait a minute to get his letter."

It started off as a low hum maybe over the ruckus you missed it but now the hum has become a loud droning noise. The fallen dwarf's wound begins to bubble and scab, a loud buzzing noise seems to be coming from within like a kicked over hornet's nest. Some of the patrons quickly clear out. The goliath goes for the pig unsheathing a flaming blade he was using as a spit.

Archmage1
2015-01-21, 08:19 PM
Bluebell smiles at Thorn, and looks at the pamplet, before she looks back at him, smiling cheerfully.
"Thank you Thorn! It looks wonderful! We can go to Namo next! And maybe find cherries too!"

Doomboy911
2015-01-21, 08:55 PM
"It's a date. I mean uh, um..." then he slowly turns his helmet around.

Nettlekid
2015-01-21, 09:01 PM
Anim glances back to the buzzing Dwarf, his limbs retracting as he reassumes the form of the dead assassin.
"That's new. Is this the miracle of childbirth?" he wonders aloud.
"I'm outsies. Do shout if Doggy Scraggy walks by, eh?"
He waves his hand dismissively and heads for the door alongside the many other fleeing patrons, though he stops in the doorway and looks back at the Dwarf's development. He has an easy access to leave should he choose to do so, but this is curious.

Sephir
2015-01-22, 12:06 AM
Thank you Thorn Ellythras said relieved, taking the phamphlet Now everybody gather up please, hold hands or whatever with me. You need to touch me for the spell to work . Also miss Bluebell, try not to talk during the duration of the spell, or I may lose my concentration and suffer a mishap

Doomboy911
2015-01-22, 12:11 AM
Thorn rests on Ellthyras' shoulder doing his best to avoid jabbing him with any of his spikes, he slips one of the gauntlets off and extends his hand to Bluebell looking away.

Archmage1
2015-01-22, 06:40 AM
Bluebell smiles, and giggles as Thorn's misstatement, but before she can comment, Ellythras speaks up, and she too flies to one of his shoulders, and lands, taking Thorn's hand. The hummingbird flies off of Cynnian's head, and lands on Ellythras's head, chirping to Bluebell once, bringing another smile to her face.

razorback
2015-01-22, 09:23 AM
"Brother, I met that person just moments before walking in here but he has some evil power about him. I feel weakened by his touch, just as the dwarf fell to his power. I know not what he did to him but I feel that he may have cast some magick upon him, perhap bringing the dwarf back as some undead creature. We can't allow a monstrosity like that to walk out unknown on the city."
With that, Mandrus reaches into his pack and removes his weapon, Kotumo'Kir, as he moves into a position about 15 feet from the dwarf's body.

Nettlekid
2015-01-22, 03:27 PM
"Tree very very make undo very. Bright running antler very brighted. Respect mountain respect mountain very very leg."
Anim prattled, rolling his head to one side, flashing a shiny-toothed grin, and keeping the weapon-bearing Goliath in his sights. He may be crazy, but he's not a fool, and prepares to dart outside (parallel to the road, along the wall of the building) should any aggressor within the tavern lunge at him.

Togo
2015-01-22, 03:40 PM
Cynnian gingerly takes Ellythras' hand.

I'm ready. Um.. So you have no idea what's going on, but we're going to a new city anyway?

Archmage1
2015-01-22, 03:43 PM
Bluebell looks over at Cynnian from her perch, smiling merrily at him.
"Nope! But it's fun! Maybe we'll get to fall too!"

Sephir
2015-01-22, 04:43 PM
I have an exact idea of what's going on Ellyrhas said I'm simply not choosing to tell you, because explaining the same thing to multiple people is Boring. Now , off we go to Lyg, to meet two....."Special " People. Concentrating on his power, studying the phamplet, he Activates his teleportation spell as a bright light envelops the group once again.
[roll0]

Archmage1
2015-01-23, 08:27 AM
Bluebell and the hummingbird look around eagerly, hoping to see something fun.

Doomboy911
2015-01-23, 11:31 AM
The other pamphlet had locations besides taverns and dive bars, not so much for Lyg. There's a few stores and at least one library but other than that it's a mess of bars with alliterative appeal and clever names. The only one that doesn't seem to be a pun is "The Black-eyed beholder" boasting fine wine, strong ale, and excellent atmosphere. You cast out the words and send everyone across the country, a loud scream, a snap and a bang and there you are in a pitch black bar. You're luck seems to have struck out as two of you land on stools while the petals find themselves stuck in a overturned pint. The bartender seems to be the only one there half asleep and half drunk at the end of the bar. "Get out we don't open for another six hours"before trying to get back to his nap.

Archmage1
2015-01-23, 11:43 AM
Her voice echoing from her tiny prison, Bluebell looks around, and sees nothing.
"It's really dark in here! And the walls are kinda slimy! And it smells like berries, but they've been left out too long!"

Togo
2015-01-23, 04:31 PM
Cynnian looks around in confusion. After a quick glance around the pitch-dark room, he moves a bowl, and then looks under the table.

Uh.. Bluebell?

Archmage1
2015-01-23, 05:49 PM
Hearing Cynnian's voice, Bluebell calls out once more.
"I'm stuck! And it smells bad!"
She tries shaking her prison.

Sephir
2015-01-23, 05:56 PM
"Oh, i believe i have just the thing for it" Ellythras chuckles, as he moves his hand over the cup, uttering a single magic words as he cast mage hand, Freeing up the pair while the pint is sent flying.

Archmage1
2015-01-23, 05:59 PM
Bluebell looks around as her prison goes flying.
"Yay! Thank you, Ellythras! But... it's dark! But not as smelly!"
Bluebell focuses, and soon starts glowing, shining light in the dark tavern. Blue light, of course. She looks around eagerly.

Sephir
2015-01-23, 06:19 PM
Okay, we got two main tasks. The first is to find the champions of good and evil, wo are supposedly in this city. Secondly, we need to find a place to sleep, as I have to recover the mental fortitude to cast teleport. Can any of you detect evil or good auras ?

Archmage1
2015-01-23, 06:30 PM
Bluebell shakes her head.
"I think I can do that trick! The moving one! Not the detecting good or evil. But why do we need to? They're special, so strange things will happen, so people will talk about it! We just need to wander around, and listen! Maybe where travelers go?"

Togo
2015-01-24, 09:11 AM
Cynnian looks doubtful. I dunno. Aren't cities kind of, well, big?

He shakes his head.

I can take the flutterby duo out for a spin, see if we find anything, but we're just looking for two people who seem particularly nice or nasty? And there are, what, a few thousand people here? It'll be like trying to find a lost temple in a jungle!

He pauses.

Ok, granted, that kind of thing generally works out, somehow, but still... It might be quicker to put Bluebell on a long string, get her to sing 'the pickle merchant's wife and the prize bull' really off tune, and wait to see who comes out to take a swipe at her. Or tries to protect her. Or lectures her. I don't know.

Again he glances around dark room.

Judging from where we are, the rates here are likely to be, well, a bit steep, but no more than anywhere else near the centre of town. And this place should be easy to find again. You want to find a room here while we go out looking?

And Thorn? I'm not sure how PetalPost generally works, but do you know where you're going, or do you want to come with us while you look around?

Archmage1
2015-01-24, 11:26 AM
The glowing Bluebell looks up at Cynnian, smiling, as she jumps back into the air.
"Everything's big! That doesn't mean we shouldn't try! The only time you know you will fail is when you don't try at all!"
As he describes his plan for Bluebell, she shakes her head, firmly.
"That's a terrible plan! I'm not a kite! And I don't think I can sing off tune! But we should just look around! That's the most fun!"

Doomboy911
2015-01-24, 06:49 PM
Bluebell and Thorn take to the sky looking left and right for anything that would stand out when they spot a crowd of people running down the street. "Where there's smoke there's fire."

In the bar, the barkeep draws his blade. "Sorry about this doc" then separates his head from his shoulder the buzzing doesn't seem to stop though from the head comes a single silver locust crawling along the slowly pooling puddle of blood and then the rest of the swarm.

Archmage1
2015-01-24, 06:52 PM
Bluebell flies to them, smiling cheerfully.
"Hi! What's going on?"

Nettlekid
2015-01-24, 11:50 PM
Anim, still wearing the body of the former assassin and leaning against the door to the bar, looks over at the newcoming faerie creature.
"I think there's dark, unnatural magic afoot, for there is darkness here the likes of which could scar a man. In his mind. Not his body. Maybe body too, depending on how he deals with the ongoing events. But certainly his mind. Metaphorical scar. Not literal one. But the body ones, if they are there, would be more literal.

Anyway, what happened was that we were in that bar, right? The Hungry Dogfish or something, something about the ocean that I didn't know. And there was this Dwarf there, right, being all short and beardy as is their prerogative, right? I mean he had one less arm and a lot less right side than most Dwarves, on account of being all burned or something. And he was shaking a ton, and while my anthropology is a little shy of masterful, I don't think that's a cultural thing? Dwarfshakes? Is that real? I don't think so. So yeah, shuddering and hopping. And I give the guy a tap on the shoulder, yeah? And he falls over freaking out! He starts clawing at himself with his extra-strong left arm, extra-strong because he needs that one arm to count as both arms so it's gotta pull its weight, and all that weight-pulling makes it strong. He's scratching, he's freaking out, and then he goes still and starts buzzing. Dwarfbuzzing is a more spiritual version of Dwarfshaking. That when I get over here, where I am now, standing here and talking to you right now. So the bartender, the big guy, he cuts the dead Dwarf's head off, nonchalant, most usual thing in the world. Now, I think that's a bad business practice. Cutting off heads. Dwarf's not going to want a drink without a head, right? They should close the place down. But so yeah, the Dwarf's head got cut off, and now bugs are coming out. Makes me think he should've seen a Cleric before getting his drink on. Because now, I guess you could say he's a little...legless? Wait no, that's what he's still got. He's uh, he's arm and headless. Which doesn't also mean drunk. Well yeah, that's what's up."

Could we have a map or grid of the area so we know how big the bar is, the positioning of the Dwarf and such, the crowd, the street, etc?

Togo
2015-01-25, 09:35 AM
Cynnian sees Bluebell's wandering progress suddenly turn into a beeline towards a bar. And from that bar sounds of conflict. He breaks into a run.

razorback
2015-01-25, 12:12 PM
Mandrus scowls at Anim's flippant response to the dwarf's demise as he sees the locust begin to erupt from his body.

"Sorry, Doc, I wish there was another option to this." he says as he takes a step and wings erupt from his back. A moment later he inhales and lets loose a blast of energy at the swarm.

Activiating Cloak of the Dragon. Not sure what energy blast a follower of Bahamut would have so I left it open ended.

[roll0] damage of appropriate type, reflex save of 21 for half damage.

Sephir
2015-01-25, 04:39 PM
"What is the meaning of this....Chaos ?" Ellythras asks frustrated, finally reaching the scene tiredly ,watching his onebreathing fire to a rather intimidating swarm of insects.

Nettlekid
2015-01-25, 05:11 PM
Anim looks on, glad that it looked like the Goliath had the situation under control. He takes the opportunity to slip away, his favored fighting style of "slash and bite" fairly ineffective against a swarm.

Anim darts out, sidling away through the crowd and along the row of neighboring establishments.
"Nasty business in there, wouldn't go in, oh no. Locusts popping out of people and such. Health code violations. Probably going to shut the place down." he chatters to others in the crowd.

After a double move, he'll end up 25 feet down the road and 25 feet out into the street, at the far edge of the gathered crowd.

Doomboy911
2015-01-26, 12:01 AM
The swarm sensing the danger passes through the nearest wall and makes a beeline to Anim moving thirty feet.

Sephir
2015-01-26, 05:46 AM
I am getting tired of this Ellythras sighed, focusing himself on his psionic powers. The sheer unpredictability of this situation he was forced into put the straw that broke the camels back.Stand back everyone, I am going to end this

Taking 10 on Concentration check, becoming psionically focused

Archmage1
2015-01-26, 09:29 AM
Bluebell looks quite disturbed as she listens to Anim's explanation.
"But... that's terrible! Poor dwarf! He was just being a dwarf, and then everything went wrong! That's terrible! And we can't even help him! And the poor insects... they're just being what they are, and... now it's all gone wrong!"

(Assuming Bluebell can see the insects: [roll0] know: nature, to identify them)

razorback
2015-01-26, 12:01 PM
Seeing the swarm escape through a hole in the wall, Mandrus runs out the door and tries to follow it, a bit surprised as he exits that a crowd is gathering.
Scanning the sky, he yells out "Did anyone see a swarm of locust come flying out of here? Warn everyone to keep away from it, its not natural."

Nettlekid
2015-01-26, 12:11 PM
Anim looks back to the crowd, and is surprised to see the swarm phasing out of the wall and making a direct path toward him, coming only five or so feet away. Hurrying, he spends all his focus on running 120 feet down the street.

Is there a lake or something anywhere nearby? Also, I want to make a Spot check as I run past for any Warforged on the street. [roll0]

Togo
2015-01-26, 07:17 PM
Highly dangerous, check. Keep everyone away, check. This is gonna hurt...

Cynnian breaks into a run, waving his arms, and yelling Shoo! Shoo! as he tries to reach the insect swarm.

What he does depends on how far away he is.

If he can reach them in a single action, then do that, stand just outside the swarm so that he's the nearest target, and then ready an action to change shape.

If he can't, but can get in front of them as a double move, then do that, and then change shape

If he's too far away for either, then sprint after the swarm and try and get slightly past it, so they focus on Cynnian rather than anyone else.

Archmage1
2015-01-28, 03:40 PM
Seeing the locusts continuing to approach, Bluebell squeaks, and then darts off to hide, peeking out moments later, hoping that the locusts wouldn't find her.

Sephir
2015-01-28, 04:30 PM
"Okay" Ellythras said as he focused "Time to deal with this. I am growing tired from this .....stupidity . "

Manifesting his Arcane Energy , Ellythras cried forth, pointing his hand at the saw as shadows began to surround it, creating a wall of Ice, trapping it withing

Wall of Ice in a 12ft Hemisphere around the swarm. Will to Disbelieve is 27. DC 26 reflex to disrupt it.

Doomboy911
2015-01-28, 04:32 PM
The locust proceed after Anim ignoring the crowd for now, the shadow ice encapsulates the swarm.

"Bluebell?! Where are you?" a voice calls through the growing chaos.

You pass through the streets looking for anything, you've got a small army at your disposal and apparently some work to do. A guard on post looks about "Are you folks ok? You look a little lost. I can direct you to the nearest temple of your faith if you like or there's this fantastic inn around the end with a potato and ham soup that puts my own mum to shame."

Archmage1
2015-01-28, 05:48 PM
Hearing Thorn, Bluebell makes sure that there's enough space in her hiding spot for two, before she calls out to him, in sylvan.
"I'm here, Thorn! Watch out, they're locusts!"

Nettlekid
2015-01-29, 03:34 PM
Anim just keeps running as long as it looks like the locusts are after him. He'll use their pause to gain distance.

razorback
2015-01-29, 04:35 PM
Hearing the flying... faerie yell out, Mandrus turns to look and sees in the distance the swarm flying after the crazy fellow.
Gritting his teeth, knowing its probably a mistake to pull this guys bacon out of the fire, he shakes his head and rushes after him.
As he passes the flying faerie, he says "Excuse me and thank you." wondering how he is going to deal with these creatures.

Doomboy911
2015-01-30, 02:44 AM
The swarm tests the limits of its prison before quickly passing through. With that it seems to pause having lost interest in its lost prey, changing its target to its latest foe, Ellythras. At the base of Bluebell's hideout stands Thorn with his sword drawn his legs quivering as he stands ready to strike at the swarm.

Sephir
2015-01-30, 05:28 AM
Good, I i have your Attention Ellythras smirked, as shadows coalesced into his mouth, before he let out a mighty scream , creating a wall of sound directed at the swarm, before moving behind

Mimicing Shout. DC 27 to disbelieve
[roll0]damage and deafened . Fortitude DC 26 for half. Moving 30ft awy form the swarm

Archmage1
2015-01-30, 08:12 AM
Bluebell calls down to Thorn, trying to be quiet enough for the swarm to not notice them.
"Thorn, they're ghosts! We should hide! I'm sure the others can handle them!"

Doomboy911
2015-01-31, 05:13 PM
The shout rips a hole through the approaching swarm as it gathers around Ellythras. Thorn stands firm between Bluebell and the swarm, "N-n-n-no, I won't hide. Not anymore."

[roll0]
roll fort save

Archmage1
2015-01-31, 06:30 PM
Worried for Thorn, Bluebell starts singing, her lovely voice high and clear.
She sings in sylvan(A very flowing language, if you don't know it), and her song is about Titania, and the warmth and wonders of summer.
As she sings, everyone's weapons start glowing, growing hotter and hotter, although it doesn't seem to burn the users.

She's singing, with all of her bonuses on.
Everyone gets +9d6 fire damage for their weapons.
Bluebell taks [roll0] nonlethal damage.

razorback
2015-01-31, 07:40 PM
Mandrus continues to run after the swarm, pulling out his massive chain as he goes, wondering what effect it will have and if he is sealing his fate for some madman/murderer.

Move and take out spiked chain.

Togo
2015-02-01, 03:06 PM
Cynnian glances around confused, as the swarm moves again. He runs towards the swarm, and then dives through it, rolling to his feet between Ellythras and the advancing mass.

Facing the etheral hoarde, he sticks a thumb in his mouth and blows, hard. In the blink of an eye his skin cracks and bursts outwards, almost filling the street with dusky bulbous flesh. His long low bulk is craggy but oozing, rearing up at one end into a lumpen dome-like head with eyes that glimmer like liquid pools in some eternally gloomy cavern, far from the sun-lit world.

He raises one limp, a broad clawed paddle, and swipes through the insectile cloud. The edges of it burn with the incarnate power of the fires of creation, Bluebell's song.

Move to between Ellythras and the swarm.
Turn into a Delver (MM or SRD)
Slam attack against the swarm. (Magical blugeoning)
incorporeal ignore chance, ignore on a 1 [roll0]
[roll1] for No physical damage, [roll2] acid damage, [roll3] fire damage

Doomboy911
2015-02-03, 12:59 AM
The acid sips and sears through their ethereal flesh. It's not sticking though, the swarm separating from their dying kin to avoid further contamination.

Archmage1
2015-02-03, 06:53 AM
Bluebell keeps singing from her hiding spot, her lovely song belying her pale, frightened mien.

razorback
2015-02-03, 08:41 AM
Mandrus, swinging his massive chain as he rushes forward yells at the insane man "Duck down!" as he brings it down on the swarm.

Mandrus
AC ~19; Current ~ 19
HP ~ 113; Current ~ 103

Free Action
Speak

Full Round action - Charge and attack
[roll0]

Crit Conf
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2] + [roll3] fire damage from Bluebell

Effects~

Doomboy911
2015-02-03, 01:21 PM
The spinning chains suck in the unsuspecting swarm, the flames burning them to an ectoplasmic crisp with each swing until you lash out through the swarm. The very last of them falls popping like the bugs they are.

"I I think we're good Bluebell." Thorn manages before his knees let out.

Sephir
2015-02-03, 01:25 PM
Ellythras materializes again from his Invisibility, a bit wounded and seemingly poisoned. Apologies for the little contribution in this battle he said softly My abilities are not exactly geared towards fighting enemies both immune to illusions and mind attacks. Miss Bluebell, are you alright ? I think i heard your music.

Archmage1
2015-02-03, 01:59 PM
Seeing Thorn fall, Bluebell immediately flies down to him, concerned. She doesn't respond to Ellythras, clearly more concerned about Thorn at the moment.
"Are you ok? You fell!"

Togo
2015-02-03, 03:37 PM
The vast creature eases its oozing bulk around, peering at Bluebell's hiding place with several glittering black eyes. It leaves a steaming trail behind it.

Are you all right Bluelbelll? Ellythras?

razorback
2015-02-03, 04:00 PM
Seeing a group of others gather around and ask if they are each ok, Mandrus assumes the know each other.
Looking around, he spots the strange man.

"Keep back, all of you. I believe this man precipitated all of this, possibly killing a dwarf by the name of Doc in the process with just a touch. I feel the stench of death and evil emanating from him as if a foul cloud on the wind." as he hefts his chain.

Doomboy911
2015-02-04, 07:33 PM
"I'm fine, I'm fine just that was a bit too scary for me." Thorn props himself up with his blade. "Anyone who's going to run from a fight probably falls under "not nice".

Archmage1
2015-02-04, 07:35 PM
Bluebell smiles happily, and hugs him.
"I'm glad you're ok! I'm ok too, but my head hurts a bit! It always does after I sing like that."

Togo
2015-02-04, 07:53 PM
Hang on.. awful, death, evil, murder. Sounds mean to me...Maybe this is the one I'm looking for? Now he sounds dangerous, so I need to be careful how I approach him...

The three ton creature turns, and starts sliming it's way in the direction of the alledged dwarf-killer.

Hey wait up, He calls. Are you by any chance a champion of some higher power?

Nettlekid
2015-02-04, 08:46 PM
Anim turns and starts walking backwards, keeping the Delver in sight but matching its pace to keep the distance.
"Absolutely not!" he calls back. "Higher power? It's among the lowest you can imagine!"

Togo
2015-02-05, 05:06 PM
The oozing monstrocity looks puzzled. Worse, it looks like it's used to being puzzled.

Uh.. Moral geography is not my strong point. Are you a champion? Are you the one we're looking for? Because we have a few others over there. It tries to jerk it's head down the street, a move stymied by it's lack of neck. Instead it waves a clawed paddle roughly in the right direction, dislodging a few steaming droplets that smoke as they scour their way into a nearby wall.

razorback
2015-02-05, 06:08 PM
Mandrus, on alert for the strange man and now the odd, shambling ooze as he keeps his chain on point.
He tilts his head sideways as the things speaks.
"What do you know of champions, creature?" he says, keeping a defensive stance as described in the Codex and keeping the surprise off his face and out of his voice.

Togo
2015-02-05, 06:30 PM
The eyes glitter like the bottom of a dark well.

Oh.. I'm one of them. Pleased to meet you.

The creature rears slightly, and extends a powerful clawed paddle, oozing with corrosive slime. For a moment it just drips.

Hm.. Actually you'd better not shake that.

The massive beast starts to shrink in on itself, craggen skin turning pale, until eventually all that's left is a lightly muscled northern barbarian. The extended flipper is now a hand.

And you are?..

Nettlekid
2015-02-05, 07:44 PM
"How should I know if I'm the one you're looking for? Are you the one I'm looking for? Are you Doggy Scraggy? Cuz that's a terrible name for...whatever you are. Ain't a dog. Ain't a scrag. Ain't nothin' for no-one is what you are, least of all a champion, which is least of all what I am too. What does that even mean?" Anim calls back across the few hundred feet of open air.

razorback
2015-02-07, 08:19 PM
Keeping an eye on the man yelling across the gulf, he extends his hand and says "Mandrus, Mandrus Devinsen from near the Shattered Mountains, as I am sure you can tell from my accent." as he quickly returns his hand to his chain.
"Best I can tell, that man killed an innocent dwarf and precipitated this whole ghost... thing with the locust. If I wasn't imagining, I don't believe I was unless I have managed to develop a talent for teleportation, then I believe I have been chosen to stop the end of the world by some higher power. Did Pelor speak to you, too?" His eyes quickly shift to the northerner before moving back to the distant man.
"I can't imagine why a creature such as he would kill to create those creatures only have them run him down, unless he somehow summoned them through magic and lost control. Either way, he should be given over to the proper authorities so he can stand before a judge for the murder of Doc. Don't suppose you want to help me with that, or, at least, find the proper authorities?"

Togo
2015-02-10, 03:24 AM
By your... oh sure, by your accent, yeah. says Cynnian in a tone that tries to convey that all Southern accents don't really sound all the same to him, and almost makes it.

And no, I wasn't sent by Pelor. At least I really hope it wasn't Pelor because that would be... hm. But... ah.. I'm not sure I really do want to arrest that guy. Because he's looking for someone and I'm looking for someone, and you're looking for someone, and it might be that we're all looking for each other, and the whole 'arresting people' might get in the way of saving the world.

Although I'm not sure where you fit in, unless the pixie-whatsits are throwing off my count. Hang on...

He calls out to the distant figure.

Hello? I'm looking for someone a bit like you? Are you sure it's not one of us you're looking for?

Nettlekid
2015-02-12, 05:40 PM
"I don't normally look like this!" Anim calls back. "Do you normally look like that? Because if not, I don't know if we can figure out who we're looking for!"
With this, Anim shifts from the form of the humanoid assassin and takes his usual shape of an abnormally tall, four-armed mantis creature. With his arms, he begins spelling out the words he's saying one letter at a time.
"I A-M L-O-O-K-I-N-G F-O-R D-O-G-G-Y S-C-R-A-G-G-Y. D-O Y-O-U K-N-O-W H-I-M?"

Togo
2015-02-14, 10:02 AM
Cynnian's brow crinkles. Yeah, he says absently, That's gotta be him. Mandrus, you mind if I call him over?

Cynnian signals back. Blissfully unaware that Anim was forming letters, he settles for waving at random and shouting

I'm sometimes a dog, and I guess I don't cut my hair very short! He shouts back. I'm pretty sure you're the one I'm looking for! Why don't you come over and meet the others, and we'll see if any of them know what the heck you're talking about?

He turns towards the others.

Bluebell? Thorn? Ellythas? Mandrus? Can we compare notes as to who we're looking for, because I think we're basically there.

razorback
2015-02-14, 10:24 AM
Mandrus blinks hard as Cynnian talks and the man transforms into something else.
In a stuttering, explosive tone with head shaking, he says "Y-y-y-y-ou think this... being, has been chosen to save the world?!?! Why would Pelor or any of the other Gods pick some fiendish killer to save the world?" he says, quivering in rage.

Archmage1
2015-02-14, 10:33 AM
Soon enough, Bluebell spots the giant insect person, and his sparkly armor. Moments later, she's pretty much at his side, with Thorn, if Thorn chose to follow her.
"Hi! I'm Bluebell! And you have really sparkly armor!"
The tiny faerie, wearing a lovely blue dress, with blue petals for hair, hovers not too far in front of Anim, smiling cheerfully at him.

(Dimension Door)

Togo
2015-02-15, 06:38 AM
Cynnian looks at Mandrus levelly.

Because not all gods are nice? Some of them are quite fond of fiends and murderers. And let's face it, their judgement isn't always all that.He shrugs. I mean, they choose me, right?

He looks around at the others, making sure they haven't wandered off, killed dwarves, or started organising emergency replanting sessions.

Does anyone know if we have everyone yet? By my reckoning we have Nice, and Mean he nods in the direction of Bluebell and Annis, Order He waves in Thorn's direction, and then point at Ellythas our fifth man and... He looks back at Mandrus and smiles Nature!

His brow crinkles. Is that right? Or did I lose count?

Doomboy911
2015-02-16, 02:39 PM
"I don't think I'm the guy you're looking for. I'm just a normal fella delivering a letter, nobody important came my way and gave me an epic quest. almost a little heartbroken to be surrounded by heroes and be so little he kicks a pebble along the road.

Archmage1
2015-02-17, 08:00 AM
Bluebell smiles at Thorn.
"Don't worry, you're really nice, and you're doing things that I could never do!"

Sephir
2015-02-17, 11:15 AM
In fact, i am the champion of Knowledge and Progress Ellythras noted as he reached the group And i trust your assumptions were most indeed correst . I have sources that comply what you say. We are only missing the champion of death, which is in another city. I could teleport us to him, but i am spent from spells trying to bring most of use here. We should rest, and meet him up tomorrow.

Archmage1
2015-02-17, 11:17 AM
Bluebell smiles at Ellythras.
"I think I can do that moving things a long way too! I was going to help Thorn deliver his package! Maybe we can find this other person too, and then bring him here!"

Sephir
2015-02-17, 11:21 AM
THat's great Bluebell, we could accelerate our mission this way. Ellythras said, patting the faerie's head softly For now, i think you are the most helpful member of the group.

Archmage1
2015-02-17, 11:25 AM
Bluebell tries to shy away from Ellythras's grasping hand, but sadly, his hand swiftly moves to pat her head, which she doesn't seem to like much.
"It'll be lots of fun, I'm sure!"

razorback
2015-02-17, 02:34 PM
Mandrus give back an equally level look to Cynnian before he replies with "Are you calling me nice or nature? Not sure I qualify for either. Unless you call doing what is right nice."

Doomboy911
2015-02-17, 03:18 PM
"But what if being nice is just his nature?" Thorn chirps in just happy to be a part of things.

Togo
2015-02-17, 05:59 PM
Mandrus give back an equally level look to Cynnian before he replies with "Are you calling me nice or nature? Not sure I qualify for either. Unless you call doing what is right nice."

Uh.. I suppose it would be. But if you're nice, then Bluebell isn't. That doesn't seem right. And with Ellythas as Knowledge, we've got too many.

He frowns

Hang on... If Knowledge is basically the same thing as Order, then that leaves our manitis dwarf-slayer as Mean... he gestures to Mandrus you're Nature and Bluebell is Nice.

His mouth quirks.

Or... Our manic flower arranging pixie-whatsit is Nature, and you're... Nice? Either way that leaves us all waiting for... Death.

His brow furrows again. He looks up at Ellythas.

Wait... did you say Death? I mean.. I'm all for live and let live, but that's a problem right there when you think about it.

Archmage1
2015-02-17, 06:22 PM
Bluebell smiles at Cynnian.
"I think I'm probably nature, because Mab sent me, and she's the guardian! But I'm nice too! Really!"

Togo
2015-02-18, 05:27 PM
Cynnian returns the smile. Yes, that's what confused me. But you can be nature and nice too, just like I can be Cynnian and Mr Sparkley.
And just like Mandrus and Annis can both have their differences and still help us all save the world Right?

He looks around, and sighs.

Death huh? Well.. how bad could it be? Maybe we had better get going, if we're going. Bluebell, can you do the honours?

Archmage1
2015-02-18, 05:39 PM
Bluebell frowns, and looks sad.
"Um... I don't think I can take lots of people! You're too big! I think I can take Thorn, and maybe someone else too! And maybe someone else, but more than that would be too hard!"

razorback
2015-02-18, 05:43 PM
Mandrus doesn't know whether to scowl or laugh at the nature comment.
"I think I'm your nice. Not that I don't enjoy nature and keeping the balance of things, but its not really my thing. I tried to grow a garden once. Ended up with a bunch of dead weeds. Couldn't even keep those things growing."

His eyes tighten at the mention of Anim and this time he does scowl. "Abeyance, for now. But, wrongs do need to be righted." With a shudder he relaxes somewhat.
"The question is, what do we do now? When the Gods themselves are somewhat in the dark, it leaves mere mortals like us grasping. Any ideas from anyone?"

Archmage1
2015-02-18, 05:48 PM
Bluebell continues to look sad at Mandrus's comment.
"Aw... But it's really easy to garden! You just be nice to them, and the flowers will be really happy! But We can go to Namo, so Thorn can deliver his message! Maybe we can find the other person there too!"
She seems more excited by the prospect of going to Namo.

Togo
2015-02-19, 05:00 PM
Cynnian nods gravely, only the slight quirk of lips betraying the humour of the situation.

I think you probably are my 'nice'. We all have our burdens to bear.

As for flowers, I think you have to more than just nice to them in the waist-high snows we get back home. But if anyone could do it, I'm sure Bluebell could.

He looks over the group again.

Blueblue, you say we're too big? If I was smaller, say your size, and maybe we made someone the size of a gnome or halfling, could you manage it them?

Archmage1
2015-02-19, 05:37 PM
Bluebell smiles at the compliments.
"You just need to grow snow flowers! They love the snow!"
When Cynnian comments about shrinking people to help, Bluebell thinks for a moment, before shaking her head.
"I think you might end up as one person, and that would be bad! One person, two minds might not work well!"

Doomboy911
2015-02-19, 06:52 PM
Bluebell smiles at the compliments.
"You just need to grow snow flowers! They love the snow!"
When Cynnian comments about shrinking people to help, Bluebell thinks for a moment, before shaking her head.
"I think you might end up as one person, and that would be bad! One person, two minds might not work well!"

"It would be neat though." Thorn chirped in again "What if someone got one of those magic bag things?"

Archmage1
2015-02-19, 07:00 PM
Bluebell thinks about Thorn's idea for a second, before she smiles.
"That's a great idea, Thorn! I think that would work! We could bring more people that way! I've got a bag, but... I don't think that big people could fit in it! But maybe someone else has one!"

Doomboy911
2015-02-19, 08:02 PM
Even through his helmet you can see Thorn blush a bit. "I have one but it's kind of full of junk not very useful I assure you."

Archmage1
2015-02-19, 08:04 PM
Bluebell smiles at him.
"I'm sure it's really nice stuff, not junk! But... I think I can take Thorn, and someone else, and then I could take us all, and then take someone else back with us here!"

razorback
2015-02-20, 02:57 PM
Pointing at his pack, the goliath says "This is all I have to put things in. Not much use but some clothes and food, really. If you can manage to take us all, I can go first to hold the spot safe or wait here. Either is the same to me?" his gruff manner softening a bit.

He ponders for a few moments before adding. "Namo... I must travel to Namo. I must see the king as I was informed he would help me... us, out in our quest. Is this ok with you?" he asks Miss Bell.

Archmage1
2015-02-21, 08:46 PM
Bluebell smiles, before she flies over to the goliath, and waves Thorn over as well.
"Ok! We can go! I can help Thorn deliver his package, and then we can try to find the other person! It'll be fun! But... what does Namo look like? Is there a pamphlet for that as well?"

razorback
2015-02-22, 01:07 PM
"I have no idea, I have never been there. Has anyone else?" Mandrus asks out loud.
Lower, to those near him he nods toward Amin and says "What about him? He has proven to be a killer and maybe chosen, but I do not trust him here. What say you?"

Doomboy911
2015-02-22, 01:25 PM
"Do you think it's safe for us to approach this death guy on our own, I mean he represents death. If it's not too much of a strain we could just keep the group together. I can fit in my bag of holding how many can you poof away?"

The lady remains frozen as you stroll down the graveyard, it's a bit too hot for a spring day and you can smell an oncoming rainstorm.

Any interest in hiding your identity or a place you'd like to go?

Archmage1
2015-02-22, 01:38 PM
Bluebell smiles cheerfully at Thorn.
"I think I can bring four! Counting me! So if you are in a bag, then two other people could come along! But I'm sure it's safe!"

miinstrel
2015-02-22, 02:52 PM
NAMO
As he walks, Terryn focuses his energy inward for a moment and the shadows encircling his body recede, though the ruby tooth remains. He can feel Tenebrous' disapproval. As I said, we're playing it safe. Like the skulls on your armor won't give you away anyway... He was right. Even without the shadows, his pallid skin and grisly motifs had historically been a turn off to others. And then there were the wings... No, there was no point trying to hide it, but he could at least turn off the shadows as that was likely what that old priest would have remembered. The armor, the wings... those would all be new to him (though no less offensive to a follower of the sun). He might as well ask around town, but without any names or information success seemed unlikely. He removes his helmet, placing it in his bag, and straps his mace and shield on his back before proceeding into town.

Staying nearish the graveyard if possible, he asks locals in taverns, around job boards, and in any other hot spots of activity (avoiding any temples or clergy on the street) if they've seen a group of five "rather distinct individuals" moving through town in the last couple days.

If he isn't able to get any solid leads, he will then try to find a connection on the black market... there's a drug that might help him at least obtain a name to search for. As evening approaches, he watches for any shady characters and confronts one in a more private area (alley, slum, sewer, etc). If they resist offering up any information, Deeper Darkness radiates out from his body as he says, "You really don't want to deal with my darker side," before roughing them up further for info on an illicit apothecary. Tenebrous smiles eagerly in his mind, hoping they resist further.

If he's able to obtain a name or location to pick up some vodare* he does so, otherwise he simply returns to an inn near the graveyard and gets a room and some honeyed wine to prepare himself for the following day's search.

*(OOC: Book of Vile Darkness, pg 43. Spell component for a spell I have in mind.)

Doomboy911
2015-02-22, 03:31 PM
You're searching but there doesn't seem to be a shady part of town, a dark alley is magically illuminated. A seedy bar has a set of guards beside the bouncer to keep an eye on folks. You see someone in an alley who could be a lead in but you realize thieves and those in the drug trade don't have their hair cut military style. The city boasts about being crime free and they don't seem to take their boast lightly, if you could find a way to sneak crime in you might make a killing before getting killed.

A guard stops you along your way. "Are you okay sir? You look lost."

miinstrel
2015-02-22, 04:13 PM
Well that was fruitless. Pretty much what I expected given the cryptic quest we were sent on. But why Namo of all places? I hate it here. You and me both. Let's set some zombies loose on the town. Yesss... their souls are gone, what use have they for a body any more? We discussed this already... You're no fun.

He was mid conversation and likely staring off into space when the guard approached. Terryn sized him up before responding. "Less lost as not knowing where to go. I haven't been here for many, many years. I'm looking for some... colleagues. My employer wasn't very descriptive unfortunately. There are five of them and they are likely a very, ahh, obvious bunch of folk. Seen anyone like that pass through in the last couple days?"

Doomboy911
2015-02-22, 04:40 PM
"Obvious how? I saw a creepy guy pass through not too long ago but we've been keeping tabs on people, I can take you to the station and ask around or put out a search for peculiar folk."

miinstrel
2015-02-22, 05:22 PM
NAMO
Terryn shakes his head, indicating a trip to the station won't be necessary. "I'm sure I'll find them myself, though if you bump into them and could mention the Wine Wagon Inn," he gestures down the street behind him, "that would certainly speed things up. One of them might be a bit 'creepy,' but I can't be certain not having met them yet. They'll probably be about as peculiar as me but in their own ways!" he replies spreading his arms to indicate his unique appearance with an uncomfortable laugh. He tries to stand as straight as possible but the height disparity between his legs makes this nearly impossible. "Likely a druid or man of the woods of some sort... that's the only one I'm fairly certain of. Where is this creepy fellow staying? I suppose I should check with him just to be sure."

Nice Terryn is so gross. Shut up.

Doomboy911
2015-02-22, 05:30 PM
"I'll send him your way if I spot him again. He seemed to be looking for someone as well but he was real quiet about it."

miinstrel
2015-02-22, 06:07 PM
NAMO
"Perhaps he and I are looking for the same people then. The ones I'm to meet may very well be arriving separately. Supposed to be one of those "you'll know them when you see them" things. Do you recall what he said?"

Doomboy911
2015-02-22, 06:21 PM
"Not much, he passed by a bunch of guards and then kept going by, I stopped by the station and everyone said they saw him. Tell you what I'll put out the word to everyone and we'll see if we can get him to you." he pulls a thin white wand out of his sleeve and casts pointing to a guard at the end of the street. You see the guard do the same and point to some unseen guard.

Togo
2015-02-22, 06:27 PM
The silvery-skinned barbarian frowns.

The Power that Be wouldn't go to all this trouble... sorry, put us to all this trouble... unless there was something important going on. Well, ok, they totally would. But just in case they really are serious this time, I think we should stick together as much as we can. Leaving some people behind while other people go looking for Death incarnate - it just doesn't sound like a good idea.

Besides, isn't Namo where we're all going anyway, to see this king? Unless anyone else has a lead on what exactly we're supposed to be doing?

Archmage1
2015-02-22, 06:53 PM
Bluebell thinks.
"Um... so we want everyone to go? I... think I could come back, and then go again, so we could take everyone! At least, so long as I know where to go!"

Doomboy911
2015-02-22, 07:14 PM
Thorn does a little shimmy and dance "This is so cool I'm helping the heroes save the day, I'm definitely going to end up on a tapestry for this."He pulls a bag from his belt and starts to try and stretch it to fit his feet in before tucking himself into it and then disappearing. It drops to the ground and then a slip of paper slides out. A pamphlet to Namo.

Archmage1
2015-02-22, 07:20 PM
Bluebell smiles at Thorn.
"Thank you! You had a pamphlet too! Yay!"
Bluebell quickly snags the Thorn filled bag, draping it over her shoulder, making sure that Thorn could look out, and breathe, before quickly looking through the pamphlet, before she sits on Cynnian's shoulder, and holds out her hands.
"Ok! If you hold my hands, I'll take us, and then teleport back for the last one!"

miinstrel
2015-02-22, 07:49 PM
"Most excellent. If there's nothing further...?" Given the guard's leave he returns to the Wine Wagon and orders some honeyed wine and cheese. If nothing of interest presents itself he'll go wander the street after dark and see what happens. Maybe take a stroll through the graveyard.. generally have a look for a "creepy guy."

Doomboy911
2015-02-22, 08:32 PM
You arrive in Namo, it's a hot day for spring but Bluebell can tell it'll soon rain. A guard makes note of you folks as you pop in but says nothing until you're all there. She approaches you trident in hand "You folks wouldn't happen to be looking for someone would you. A word was put out looking for a large group of odd folk together."

Terryn awaits in relative quiet with Tenebrous then a guard comes in golden blonde hair and deep sky blue eyes he grins to show pearly white teeth and gestures at the door "c'mon in this is the guy.". It approaches silhouetted by the sun coming through the door, a tall thin figure who seems to be blanketed in shadow. You can't make out any features just a smooth black figure sitting across from you "staring at you" . There's a painful bit of silence when the guard smacks you on the back "Have fun with that." then he walks out leaving you alone. It makes no noise, you don't even think it's breathing.

Archmage1
2015-02-22, 08:48 PM
Soon after arriving, Bluebell smiles cheerfully.
"It's going to rain soon! Isn't it wonderful! But I need to get Ellythras!"
She poofs away, before poofing back, with the wayward wizard, opening her bag of Thorn soon after.
"Hi Thorn! We're here!"
After the guard approaches, Bluebell smiles at her.
"Hi! I'm Bluebell, and these are Cynnian, Ellythras, Mandrus, and um... Well... Mr. Runs away from Locusts! I think we're looking for someone! And that someone might be looking for us?"

miinstrel
2015-02-23, 11:10 AM
Terryn rises as the shadowy figure approaches. He's stealing our trick. You can't work with this guy. We don't even know who it is yet... Tell you what, if it turns out to not be one of these other champions, we'll punish him. Sound good? I'll take it. He sits again as his visitor does.

After a few moments, Terryn breaks the awkward silence. "I understand you and I are both looking for some very special people. I had you brought here to see if we might be meant to work together. Tell me, what is your name and whom do you seek?"

Doomboy911
2015-02-23, 11:48 AM
"Alright you guys will have to give me a minute to get my bearings, just rotated out of Havlon and they're nice enough to put a map up everywhere there." She takes some time pausing at each corner to note the sign. It starts to make you get a bit impatient but finally "Here we are folks the Red Lion Inn." hanging above the door is a image of lion his mane wispy and fluid like fire carved out of a redwood.

"Nah" the sound doesn't come from it's mouth it just seems to emanate out of it like the buzzing of a bee and there's no character to the voice nothing feminine or masculine it's just deep and droning.It leans in closer resting on its elbow "You dragged me out here who do you work for."

Archmage1
2015-02-23, 11:55 AM
As the guard leads the party, Bluebell cheerfully follows, happily looking around as she flies along, taking in all the strange and new sites. Once they arrive, she seem stunned, admiring the sign.
"It's really pretty!"

miinstrel
2015-02-23, 12:20 PM
Terryn finds himself annoyed at the lax attitude of this shadow thing. At least it could talk...

"I'm Terryn, the priest of an ancient power, one long forgotten by most of the world." Yeah you are! Shhh.

"I'm seeking the aid of several powerful... champions for lack of a better word. If you're one of them surely you are aware of what must be done." But we don't even know-- Exactly.

"And you are?"

Doomboy911
2015-02-23, 01:07 PM
Terryn finds himself annoyed at the lax attitude of this shadow thing. At least it could talk...

"I'm Terryn, the priest of an ancient power, one long forgotten by most of the world." Yeah you are! Shhh.

"I'm seeking the aid of several powerful... champions for lack of a better word. If you're one of them surely you are aware of what must be done." But we don't even know-- Exactly.

"And you are?"

"But who do you work for?"

miinstrel
2015-02-23, 01:22 PM
He's taunting you. Waiting for you to slip up. Something's weird about this guy.
I don't sense anything, adds the raspy voice of the archlich.
He's just... a void.
It can't be as easy as this... Death drops me here and the guy I'm supposed to bring him is the first one I meet? It's too convenient.
By the way, how are we supposed to get in touch with Death after it's all done?
That's a great question...

Terryn's visage becomes shadowy and cloaked similar to the man across the table, his voice a bit more irritable than when they began. "Someone who also has an affinity for the darkness and what lives there. This is mutual vetting process. if you refuse to contribute, why should I continue?"

Doomboy911
2015-02-23, 02:21 PM
"You know you're right if you're going to tell important stuff so should I." detect undead goes off it is in fact undead.

"But I don't want to." faster then someone could react it swings striking you across the face and sending you spinning out of your chair and through a nearby window.

[roll0]

[roll1]

miinstrel
2015-02-23, 02:39 PM
Terryn rises from the table, but too slowly. The blow nearly dislocated his jaw and it was all he could do to put an arm up before sailing through the glass and wood pane. As he tumbles to a stop, he shakes his head and rises to his feet preparing for a fight.

If he approaches me again I'll use my Vessel of Emptiness ability (gives me an immediate action teleport). If he ends a move action within reach of me I'll use that immediate action to teleport 30 feet away down the street.

Doomboy911
2015-02-23, 03:30 PM
You rise to fight as the guard who led him here runs to your side, turning to face it and the figure is gone. "He disappearred in the blink of an eye. I'll put out the word to track him down." the guard books around the corner.

miinstrel
2015-02-23, 04:05 PM
"Track away, it won't be found unless it wants to be," Terryn barked followed by a small string of expletives as he intoned a healing spell and pressed his hand painfully to his bleeding face.

Terryn limps back around to the front of the inn, his shield floating steadily beside him.
No doubt about it, that's our guy.
It's just... black. Just like Death was. Like it's leeching energy from Death's domain. I wonder if that's why it can't be killed?
Beats me.
Well you did it once too, how did you do it?
Your mortal mind couldn't possibly comprehend the intricacies of my power.

Many of the patrons in the bar fall silent as he hobbles back inside. Approaching the barkeep he demands another bottle of wine, collects it and the cheese and heads for the graveyard. If that thing wanted him dead he sure as hell couldn't stay at this inn.

Cure Critical [roll0]

Nettlekid
2015-02-23, 04:27 PM
(Anim will be back in the form of the assassin before he was teleported. I guess I'll just skip whatever dialogue happened while I was sick IRL.)

Anim looks the guard up and down. "Pardon me, ma'am. May I ask, are you living your life to its fullest?"

Doomboy911
2015-02-23, 04:38 PM
(Anim will be back in the form of the assassin before he was teleported. I guess I'll just skip whatever dialogue happened while I was sick IRL.)

Anim looks the guard up and down. "Pardon me, ma'am. May I ask, are you living your life to its fullest?"

"I do good work for people who need it, how can I not be happy. The work is noble without any glamour and I think that's what real honest work needs sweetie."

Nettlekid
2015-02-23, 04:58 PM
"Hm. This was your life's aspiration? A-what are you, a guard? A tourguide? Something subservient to the whims and wills of others who put themselves in a position of higher power and authority than yourself. When you were a child, did you gaze at the stars and think 'Yes, this is what I will do. I want to show strangers the Tiger Stripe Tavern for the rest of my life'. To put it to a point...is this all you'll spend the rest of your life doing?" Anim asks leadingly.

Doomboy911
2015-02-23, 06:55 PM
"Hm. This was your life's aspiration? A-what are you, a guard? A tourguide? Something subservient to the whims and wills of others who put themselves in a position of higher power and authority than yourself. When you were a child, did you gaze at the stars and think 'Yes, this is what I will do. I want to show strangers the Tiger Stripe Tavern for the rest of my life'. To put it to a point...is this all you'll spend the rest of your life doing?" Anim asks leadingly.

"No, I suppose I didn't when I was a kid but I thought about what was most important and that was being happy." she leans against the inn for a moment deep in thought. "I don't think so, I don't think anyone knows what they'll be doing for the rest of their life. Even those who look into the future often find that they change it. I have a plan though and maybe it'll come true but I don't know. But to answer you're question this makes me happy because it makes her happy." she points to the smiling petal. "And she'll make someone else happy. Maybe one day it'll circle back to me and then I'll be happy."

razorback
2015-02-24, 09:45 AM
Mandrus growls at Anim. "Ma'am, its best if you move on." as he steps between the woman and Anim.

Togo
2015-02-24, 05:30 PM
Cynnian looks up at the sign.

Ok, seriously? Another lion? It's like you can't travel anywhere in the south without tripping over lions. Heraldry, pubs, ancient legends. But the wretched animals themselves are never to be seen! I mean does this place really look like the rolling savanaah? What's the big deal about a cat with a ruff anyway?

Archmage1
2015-02-24, 05:34 PM
Bluebell chirps up, in response to Cynnian, flying back down, to land on his shoulder.
"Because it's a really nice sign!"

Nettlekid
2015-02-24, 09:06 PM
"Hmf, a life lived in the hopes that fulfillment may come by the actions of others in the distant future. Quite a lot of faith for just one domino. One could easily see that lifestyle as nothing more than leaving ones own self-worth in the hands of another. For someone to so readily throw their autonomy and life away..." Anim side-eyes Mandrus.
"I'd enjoy your dinner tonight, tourguide. Treat yourself. You never know when the worst may befall you."

Doomboy911
2015-02-24, 09:38 PM
" For someone to so readily throw their autonomy and life away...

"But can't the same be said for anyone living their life? They're throwing their life out there hoping for someone or something to come back, a person who reads hopes to learn, a singer hopes to be heard. What is life if not hope hoping to be realized?"

Nettlekid
2015-02-24, 09:53 PM
"Of course! Well said! What more does the hen have than to hope that the farmer tosses her seed? What more in life is there for the sheep than to pray for fresh grass? And of course, what is the cattle's life for if not to live for the happiness and joy of a full stomach and hanging fat as it whiles away the hours, unaware that the time it meets a sharpened axe and rumbling stomach inches closer day by day? Too right. For those that cannot do with their lives, there is always...hope."

Doomboy911
2015-02-24, 10:25 PM
"No, not really I think animal's are blessed with a kind of assurance that what they need will come to them. Their lives are simple, they eat, they love and they die but if you only focus on what happens in the end then what's the point of doing anything at all? Are you happy with the way you're living you're life?"

Nettlekid
2015-02-24, 11:10 PM
"Indeed. The lives of livestock are simple. They eat. They love. They die." Anim echoed.
"I'm quite unhappy with my life, to be honest. But I intend to mak-k-ke the most of every sec-c-cond of it." He shrugs, takes a five-foot step to the side of Mandrus, and reaches out to pat the woman on the cheek.

Touch attack, [roll0]. If it hits, two negative levels.

"She didn't take your advice, Lovely Hero. I tire of this sanctimonious drivel. Not to mention, for some reason this woman's words hurt my eyes. It's like a straining shade of bright blue. Most unpleasant when she speaks. Did any of you get that?"

Doomboy911
2015-02-24, 11:23 PM
She backs away in fear of you touching her, her hand even reaches for a knife on her belt but she grabs her wrist and breathes. "S-s-sorry I don't like being touched, not anymore." Thorn stops himself mere inches from her shoulder. "Excuse me ma'm I hate to interrupt but I'm looking for someone do you recognize this name." showing her his note. "I'd hope I'd know who that is sweetie." letting him land on her finger. "That's our current leader, Augustine. I'll take you to the general assembly. I need to do a sweep anyway." her words fall on deaf ears as Thorn seems stunned. "L-l-leader? Like a king? I'm delivering a letter to a king?" The petal loses his footing and clocks himself on her hand he falls to the ground, the weight of his armor knocking him on his back. "Wow"

Archmage1
2015-02-25, 06:50 AM
Bluebell, hearing the exchange, flies down to Thorn, smiling cheerfully, and looking excited.
"You get to deliver a letter to the king! That's really nifty! It must be really important!"
She holds out her hand, to help him up.

razorback
2015-02-25, 08:27 AM
Mandrus reaches out to slap Anim's hand away.
"Are you mad? We are here to save this world and everything on it, including you. If the world dies, you die with it."

Reflex save
[roll0]

Doomboy911
2015-02-25, 09:26 PM
Mandrus manages to block the blow but feels that same painful draw as his soul is drained away.

miinstrel
2015-02-26, 11:29 AM
Terryn, realizing there is safety in numbers, decides to make a more obvious spectacle in the hopes of attracting these would-be heroes to him. He walks back through the graveyard, admiring the stillness in the widows body from earlier, and heads for the back edge where he is least likely to be disturbed.

He begins exhuming bodies, preferably from a crypt or mausoleum as that would be infinitely easier than actually digging them up. When a small pile has been accumulated he forces small black gems into their eyes or mouth and mutters an incantation. Dark energy suffuses the corpses and slowly they wriggle and writhe to life.

His emissaries assembled, he issues a simple order: "Run separately through the streets of the city so as many people see you as possible." As they sprint off into the city he hears the occasional shriek arise from behind some building. Now there was little to do but wait... Terryn begins to very obviously move about and scan the graveyard (as with Detect Undead) as though searching for something, wine and cheese in hand.

Animating 12 skeletons (presumably human?).
HP: 12
AC: 14
Saves: F: 0, R: 2, W: 2
DR: 5/bludgeoning
Speed: 35 (also casting Elation on them after they're animated)

Doomboy911
2015-02-26, 12:58 PM
In the sky four orbs begin to rise off in the city, making a diamond pattern the colors change with a white at the top and the botton and black on the two sides.They flash to orange and then back to their colors and then again. The same set of orbs rise from another part and then another part of the city again and again until you see 12 sets in the sky. The guard goes silent, "There's trouble." "T-t-trouble?" Thorn replies a little excited and a bit worried. Bluebell can hear him shaking in his armor before drawing his blade "Trouble!" he shouts as he flies to eye level.

Archmage1
2015-02-26, 01:20 PM
Bluebell looks worried as well, after she helps Thorn to his feet.
"Maybe... maybe we should wait, and see what the trouble is?"
She seems scared, nervous.

Sephir
2015-02-26, 02:09 PM
Ellythras was busy making note on his diary about the champions, before he saw Anim literally draining part of Mandrus soul. His eyes narrowed , even more at the mention of "trouble" . It became painfully obvious his writing would have to be put off. Miss , please explain what you mean by trouble. And please keep the soul eating to a minimum sir. It would be awfully annoying to have you draining the life force of anyone who looks at you weird .

Doomboy911
2015-02-26, 02:47 PM
"Undead. Skeletal, unless they do things differently since I was last here. You heroes up for a good fight?"

Togo
2015-02-26, 03:08 PM
Undead?Cynnian winces. I guess so. It's just... they always taste so bitter.

Ah well, we should go have look...

Archmage1
2015-02-26, 03:21 PM
Bluebell jumps into the air, also hovering at around eye level.
"Undead? Are they nice? Or mean? I've never seen any, but they were in lots of scary stories!"

Sephir
2015-02-26, 03:28 PM
I am afraid they are not miss Bluebell. THe majority are mindless automatons that obey the will of their masters. Some possess a hint of intelligence, that gives them nigh infinite malice and desire to destroy or hurt. THose that arte truly sentient are far more dangerous . Ellythras says swiftly, as he concetrates his psionic might to become focused (taking 10) I am afraid i don't have a spell capable of detecting them. So we will have to track them down the traditional way.

Archmage1
2015-02-26, 03:36 PM
Bluebell looks very sad as Ellythras explains that her hopes were futile.

Sephir
2015-02-26, 03:50 PM
Don't worry miss Bluebell, we'll help those poor things find peace Elyythras said softly, trying to ease up the sad petal Though yet again my arsenal is quite limited. You may nedd to help.

Archmage1
2015-02-26, 03:57 PM
Bluebell continues to look frightened.
"But... they're scaaary!"

Sephir
2015-02-26, 04:02 PM
"YOu know what ? Here" Ellythras says, as he draws a piece of string from his pocket , muttering an psionic incantation as it casts my light on it , giving it to Bluebell I enchanted it with an aura of courage. You won't be afraid with it.

Archmage1
2015-02-26, 04:09 PM
Bluebell smiles greatfully as she takes the glowing string.
"Really? Thank you!"
She promptly hugs Ellythras's face.
After a short while, she ends the hug, and hovers near Thorn.
"Are we going to find them?"

razorback
2015-02-26, 05:19 PM
Feeling his life ebb away, Mandrus takes a step back as he pulls out his chain, swinging it in a deadly arc just as the orbs light up the sky and someone yells out 'Undead'.
Looking back at Anim he says "This isn't over, devil-spawn." as he moves to where the commotion is coming from.

Doomboy911
2015-02-26, 11:43 PM
The guard rushes with you beside her, she ducks and weaves passing through alley ways and leaping over garbage, with every outlet she takes in and sends out messages as soldiers scurry left and right . "This way. " as she leads you around the corner. Roughly fifty feet away diagonally from you is a large elven skeleton snatching baked goods from a nearby cart, one of the guards is across the street ducking behind an overturned table as he's bombarded by baked goods. The skeleton stops bullying with baked goods and grabs a few stray stones of the cobblestone road. "Trouble?"

Archmage1
2015-02-27, 06:54 AM
Spotting the mean skeleton, Bluebell darts behind Cynnian, warily peeking out from over his shoulder, watching the skeleton closely, Ellythras's glowing string tightly clutched in her hand.

Nettlekid
2015-02-27, 03:34 PM
"Right you are, Lovely Hero. Keep out of my way and perhaps you'll have something left clinging to you by the end of the day."

Anim follows the rest of the group, but when they come to the undead creature he keeps his back to a wall well away from the skeleton's line of sight or effect.

"Tch, I've got no issue with undead. They try too late to hold onto the life that's left them. I can respect that desperation, if nothing else. Besides, they're not much to fill a stomach. An animating spirit is no substitute for a soul, and don't let any vampires tell you otherwise. But by all means, have at it, Lovely Hero. High five for luck?" he smirks.

Doomboy911
2015-02-28, 12:28 PM
Terryn you see the lights rise up in the city, they've improved on their alarm system before they just had a single flashing light. Resting atop the hill you can see most of the city as it seems to have been built around it, if you climbed higher and had a spyglass you could probably see most of if it, in the mean time you simply rest in the shade of a lone kapok at the top of the hill.

Roll spot Terryn.

Togo
2015-02-28, 05:44 PM
Cynnian looks at the skeleton. The single, unarmed skeleton.

Um... Either someone knows something I don't, or this town is really prone to panicking. He looks at the scene, half draws his sword, and then puts it back in it's scabbard. And it's throwing bread rolls?

His brow crinkles.

Doesn't that strike anyone as a bit weird?

Archmage1
2015-02-28, 05:48 PM
Speaking excitedly from behind Cynnian's shoulder, Bluebell chimes in.
"It's throwing rocks now! But... maybe it's a message? From someone?"

Sephir
2015-02-28, 07:35 PM
In any case, we should not allow such a thing causing this much of a chaos in the city Ellythras points out, drawing his bow and readying an arrow I would suggest you handle it, since i am literally unable to hurt it in any way with spells

Doomboy911
2015-02-28, 10:29 PM
Atop the hill you have an excellent vantage point, you easily spot guards surrounding the cemetery, best place to find Elven skeletons they're probably thinking. You easily spot their warning signals, a simple orb in the air flashing red surrounding the cemetery, it's a slow dull flashing light. They're about to make their move, it turns yellow but you have a good alibi and you've dealt with guards before they have nothing on you. Then as the lights turn green you see her out of the corner of your eye, the woman frozen in mourning
"Oh""Dear""Crap"

Togo
2015-03-01, 06:34 AM
Cynnian tries to look oddly at his own shoulder.

A message? What, like 'I hate bread'?

Stay here. I'll try and grab it.

Cynnian strides forward, and attempts to approach the creature.

If, and only if, it makes any hostile moves, try to grab it.

touch attacks [roll0] if sucessful opposed grapple [roll1]

Archmage1
2015-03-01, 08:07 AM
Still hiding behind Cynnian's shoulder, Bluebell giggles. After a few moments, she tries to answer.
"No, that he's here! Maybe it was made by the other person!"

When he strides forwards, Bluebell soon decides that Cynnian was a poor choice to hide behind, and she darts over to Ellythras, and hides behind his shoulder instead!

razorback
2015-03-01, 11:09 AM
Mandrus wheezes a little bit as runs forward with the others, spotting the light and seeing the skeleton pelting the guard, he lets his chain go slack.
"Not what I would consider the direst of threats but it must be dealt with." Looking at Bluebell he says Perhaps, but it can't be allowed to run free."
As Cynnian runs forward and engages the skeleton, Mandrus follows and prepares to help but it looks like the strange shapeshifter has it under control.

Doomboy911
2015-03-01, 11:57 AM
Skeletons are never really built for strength, they're easy to ship en masse and they can work weapons well armed with stones they're not a good threat.
The creature tries to toss a stone but you strike to quickly pinning against the wall behind it.

Togo
2015-03-01, 12:37 PM
Ok... So, now what?

A little confused by a plan that actually worked, Cynnian looks a bit at a loss.

Well, we can't really question it, can we? he asks, raising an eyebrow at the others. And I'm sorry Bluebell, but I don't see any writing or notes or runes on it. Hang on.

He gives the skull an experimental rattle.

Nope, nothing there.

He thinks for a moment.

Maybe, track it back to where it came from? Can anyone track? Or can someone hold this thing, while I track?

Archmage1
2015-03-01, 12:42 PM
When Cynnian apologizes, Bluebell looks sad, but at his next words, she smiles cheerfully, before excitedly flying over to Cynnian.
"I can! I'm good at following people! And skeletons!"
She looks at the ground, before she starts flitting off in another direction.

[roll0] survival(She does have track)

Doomboy911
2015-03-01, 01:19 PM
This portion of the city was designed around the cemetery, although the pass winds left and right a little you can see the clear path to the cemetery hill. With a decent spot you can see more lights shining there so something is clearly going on. In a few minutes you lead the group down the road the new guard in tow with you as he tries to clean the frosting from his armor. At the end of the path is a massive hill with a single lone tree at the top, the hill itself seems to tower over most of the nearby buildings and the tree despite its distance looks larger than any tree you've seen before, along the wrought iron fence is an ensemble of guards with large tower shields forming a blockade around the entrance, one of the guards is watching the hill with his spyglass. "Excuse me Captain." the man watching the hill turns blonde shining hair and lovely sky blue eyes hidden beneath a thick iron helm covering the top of his head his voice sounds tired and beat "What is it soldier I've got a situation on my hand." he stops when he sees the rest of you. "Soldier! What are you doing bringing civilians here? I'm try to reduce casualties not increase them!" he's towering over the poor woman and fuming his exhaustion now being fueled with anger. His armor is much much thicker than what all the guards are wearing you'd swear he's wearing painted stonemail or something even thicker while the other guards seemed to be dressed more for lots of movement and being on there feet he seems set for just a fight and unlike the other guards he's equipped with a massive black bow for Mandrus this would seem like a rather large long bow.

Roll spot Bluebell.

Also folks what magical effects do we have in place?

Archmage1
2015-03-01, 01:24 PM
Bluebell looks around eagerly, as she leads the group.
[roll0] Spot
Bluebell's only magical effect is a smile. :smallsmile:

miinstrel
2015-03-01, 09:01 PM
As the lights play across the many tombstones, Terryn smiles. They've certainly improved their response time. He dissipates the shadows around his body and makes his way calmly down from the hill toward the wall of assembled men cowering behind their shields.

Doomboy911
2015-03-01, 11:44 PM
Terryn makes his way down calm and collected as the team can see this figure make his way down the hill. There's a piercing whistle and the captain turns. One of the approaching soldiers blocks your path. "Halt, we have reason to believe that someone is using Necromancy magic in the area without a license. We are quarantining the area, no one in or out."

Roll spot.

Archmage1
2015-03-02, 09:20 AM
Bluebell looks delighted, and confused, as she spots the tree in the center of the cemetery, and realizes what it is.
She promptly points it out.
"It's a really nice tree, but it isn't right! It's the wrong sort of tree for here, which is really interesting. Can we go and look at it? Please?"
To the guards, she appears to be, well, a tiny faerie wearing a blue dress, looking almost totally helpless.