PDA

View Full Version : [Feat] Improved Dodge

jlousivy
2007-04-02, 11:19 AM
I tried looking for a feat like this, but i couldn't find it, i don't know if it's because it's overpowered or usless or what.

Improved Dodge [General]
Prerequisites: Dodge
Benefit: You gain an additional +1 dodge bonus to AC against your dodge opponent. Alternatively, you may have two dodge opponents with the normal benefits.
Normal: You only have a +1 dodge ac bonus and only one dodge opponent.

maybe have a 'superior dodge' that lets you apply the bonus against all opponents you are aware of? but that would probably be an epic feat.

the reason i sort of want this is so i can use it in a pbp game in which i am in using karmic strike (so i can have two opponents to karmic against instead of one)

Eighth_Seraph
2007-04-02, 11:45 AM
No one would ever take this feat, ever. The only reason anyone actually takes Dodge is to get Mobility and Spring Attack. Actually, the Perfecting feats variant that Fax (I think) was creating ended up making Dodge a very worthwhile feat, but it's pretty nigh-pointless as per RAW.

Kyace
2007-04-02, 12:14 PM
Would a feat that gives you +1 dodge bonus to everyone you are aware of really need to be epic? You don't gain dodge bonus against foes you can't apply your dex bonus to anyway (baring uncanny dodge). That doesn't seem too much different from the feats that boast saves or HP. I could see it having dodge as a requirement.

Deepblue706
2007-04-02, 12:24 PM
No one would ever take this feat, ever. The only reason anyone actually takes Dodge is to get Mobility and Spring Attack. Actually, the Perfecting feats variant that Fax (I think) was creating ended up making Dodge a very worthwhile feat, but it's pretty nigh-pointless as per RAW.

Spring Attack? No, no, they get Dodge and Mobility for Elusive Target. :smalltongue:

But yeah, Jlousivy, I have to agree the feat isn't particularly worthwile. Dodge is part of a feat tree, so it's something people will feel the need to take. Not too many will want the benefit of one additional AC at the cost of a feat, without being granted access to greater abilities.

Maybe if you upped the prerequisites and gave like...a quarter of your BAB in AC as a bonus, then it'd be fairly neat. Certainly take the time to look up Fax Celestis' Perfecting Feats on this here homebrew thread, if you haven't already - some good ideas there, and they might provide some inspiration, or something.

jlousivy
2007-04-02, 08:59 PM
thank you, i'll go check out these 'perfecting feats'

Matthew
2007-04-02, 09:50 PM
I produced a very similar Feat Tree a while back: Dodge (Alternative) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34242) I do agree with Fax, though, that, in general, Feat Trees need to be folded up.