PDA

View Full Version : Check out my avatar

Sakgeres
2015-01-17, 05:37 AM
First time drawing an avatar using ms paint. Proud of myself =D Anything I could improve on?

Edit: Got the pixels wrong... just a minute
Edit: done!

Elder Tsofu
2015-01-17, 06:02 AM
A few things to be sure. This is the internet, someone will always nit-pick. :smalltongue:

One thing would be to have turned the top finger slightly around the staff, a slight curve at the very end would probably made it.
The mouth is quite large and pronounced, which can be totally fine, but the overall expression left me with an impression that the character is slightly goofy.
I'd probably have added a slight bit of hair on the other side of the face too, one short strand/lock or so.

But it looks really nice with that flowing cloak and hat. :smallsmile:

Sakgeres
2015-01-17, 06:28 AM
Hey u're right that lock of hair did make a big difference! For the mouth I was intending to give it the indifferent feel like what V always shows but i guess i overdid it. And changed the fingers a bit too =D

Old image for comparison: http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/Kuanwu_Lance/1_zps632ffdd3.png

Elder Tsofu
2015-01-18, 06:22 AM
Indeed, quite a bit better. Now I suppose the only thing that stands out is the non-transparent background - but since I don't use paint myself I'm not sure how to change the settings on that one. :smallsmile:

Tiffanie Lirle
2015-01-18, 07:13 AM
Now I suppose the only thing that stands out is the non-transparent background - but since I don't use paint myself I'm not sure how to change the settings on that one. :smallsmile:

Don't think you can in paint, maybe if you save it as a .png?

Otherwise you can fix that by using the paint bucket tool to fill in the background with the forum color which is #F0E7D3 :smallsmile:

Elder Tsofu
2015-01-18, 01:59 PM
Don't think you can in paint, maybe if you save it as a .png?

Otherwise you can fix that by using the paint bucket tool to fill in the background with the forum color which is #F0E7D3 :smallsmile:

Your guess is probably better than mine, since I don't know. :smallwink:
The forum colour option should work regardless though, if paint allows you to change the background later in the process. :smallsmile:

Cuthalion
2015-01-19, 12:43 PM
Your guess is probably better than mine, since I don't know. :smallwink:
The forum colour option should work regardless though, if paint allows you to change the background later in the process. :smallsmile:

Hey, Tsofu, would you like me to resize your avatar so it works better with readability?

Elder Tsofu
2015-01-20, 10:35 AM
Hey, Tsofu, would you like me to resize your avatar so it works better with readability?

That would be great thanks. :smallsmile:

Sakgeres
2015-01-20, 01:54 PM
Yea couldnt do it with paint. I'll probably just change the bg color since it's faster. Thanks loads guys! =D

Lord Torath
2015-02-03, 09:30 AM
You can do it with Irfanview (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.irfanview.com%2F&ei=z9rQVPCFKs3goASwtoIY&usg=AFQjCNHUS2rDnW5eC14YE7BxCpDK186zhA&sig2=b0n4xrFS1bj_4NyvmvMcnQ) (free). Open and save the file using Irfanview as a .png or .jpg, and click the option to select a transparent color.