PDA

View Full Version : [IC] The Kingdoms of Amadar

Pages : [1] 2

Xalos
2015-01-17, 11:34 AM
New IC for The Kingdoms of Amadar
Finding Players Tread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?393305-3-5-The-Kingdoms-of-Amadar-Full)
Out of Character Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?393499-OOC-The-Kingdoms-of-Amadar)
Combat Rolls Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?395158-Combat-Rolls-The-Kingdoms-of-Amdar)
Roll20 Battle Map (https://app.roll20.net/join/648647/Qj0t6Q)

Xalos
2015-01-17, 11:38 AM
You have been traveling around for awhile and one day you stop at an inn in the small town of Renthin.
A large storm starts to rage on the town you are staying at, for weeks. No one has ever seen a storm this powerful or this long-lasting before. It is almost unnatural, and when any clerics or magic users try to control the weather, they are unable to get a grip on it... It is impossible to travel with it and many people have been stuck inside of the local Inn, unable to leave. One day while sitting in the Inn a strange Heavy Armored Kings-guard walks in... He walks over to the empty job request board and nails something to it. He looks around at everyone staring at him, then casually walks out. You can hear whispers, why was a kings-guard here, of all places... You can see a few people walk up to the board, shake their head and walk back to their seats....

dirigibee
2015-01-17, 12:54 PM
Brendan stands at the window in the dim common room of the Renthin inn. What was the name of it again - the Prancing Pony? No.. The Renthin Rambler? It doesn't matter. These small town inns are all the same.

Brendan takes a deep swig of his ale as he stares out at the unusual storm. He shakes the arm of a patron, sitting alone, next to him.

"Hey, did you ever see something like that. It's strange isn't it!" Brendan says, gesturing out of the window to the man, who simply looks up at Brendan non-plussed. "Well? Nothing to say? ... It's almost unnatural, like the gods are angry..." he finishes, almost to himself now as he loses himself in thought.

Brendan hears a commotion from the common room behind him, he turns to see a man in heavy armour leaving the inn, and that a new job ahs been posted on the inn's job board. "What's a heavy kingsguard doing in a place like this..." Brendan mutters to himself as he walks over to look at the note.

Xalos
2015-01-17, 01:23 PM
You read the poster:

Wanted: Dark Clerics & Cultists
Wanted for necromancy, murder, thievery, terrorism, unnatural tampering with nature, and hosting high class criminals.
Reward: 1,000 gold pieces.

Other Information: There is currently 4 dark clerics in the nearby woods about 1 hour east of Renthin right off of the trail. They have been assumed to have been creating the horrifying storm that has been plaugeing this side of the continent for weeks. They have been robbing and killing most men who travel across this road as travelers and will practice dark necromancy in raising these people as vile undead monsters. It has also been rumored, but just rumored that the Dread Necromancer has been leading the cult as a hero. These are just rumors and speculations, no guarantees. Because of the atrocities he has committed, bring his head, we do NOT want him alive, to the Great Castle of Westforge for a reward of 1,000,000 gold pieces. But there is a low chance that the rumors are true, they were most likely created by the Dark Clerics to scare off most bounty hunters. Beware, they are not to be taken lightly. You most likely wont be able to do this on your own, recommend a small group and NOT a singular adventurer.

To collect your reward please bring the cultists (dead or alive) to Lord Horgras, Governor of Riverrun.

New Quest: Slay the Dark Clerics!

Heavensfury
2015-01-17, 04:05 PM
Heaving a mighty sigh, Duma continues to look longingly out of the window, wishing this accursed storm would end. Upon obtaining his freedom, he had discovered he was possessed of a wandering nature, and resented being confined for too long in any one place. Indeed, such interminable bouts of stagnation caused him to dwell on unpleasant memories, which in tern led to a souring of his overall mood. He glanced across the table at his imposing friend, wondering if Pierre was similarly afflicted.

He perks up noticeably upon seeing the guard post a missive on the job's board, eager for some diversion from the current monotony. Kicking Pierre under the table, and wincing as he undoubtedly bruises a toe on the young giant's tough shin, he nods towards the posting. "What do you say, Pierre? Honestly, I don't even care if it's just someone wanting us to clear the dire rats out of their cellar, anything is better than more sitting around."

dirigibee
2015-01-17, 07:17 PM
Brendan considers the poster for a moment before shaking his head.

"Carnage help me, I hope they're not servants of Thorak..." he whispers quietly to himself. "... Still, isn't the 15th commandment of Thorak: 'What thy slaughter let lie everafter'?". Brendan turns to walk over to the bar, catching the inkeeper's attention and borrowing a stub of charcoal. With the writing tool in hand, he walks back to the poster to write on the blank area of parchment below the wanted notice:

Bounty Hunter Signup

Brendan Nexus.
- I'll be at the bar.

Brendan pockets the charcoal and returns to the bar, catching the inkeeper's attention again. "Hail, Inkeep! What have you heard about this blood-damned storm?"

Prehysterical
2015-01-17, 07:25 PM
Rain. Pierre had always hated the rain. Even mountains eventually wore it under its downpour, and it certainly dampened the young giant's spirits.

It was a good thing that the last few jobs had paid well. The innkeeper complained that Pierre was eating him out of house and home, but the coin made sure that Pierre still had a table to sit at.

He becomes interested as the guard enters and leaves a paper on the board. Pierre barely feels the tap on his leg, but the look on Duma's face brings a smile to his face for the first time in days. In a deep, gravelly voice he replies, "Sure. Beats doing nothing."

Standing up (and being careful not to bang his head on the ceiling again), Pierre makes his way over to the board. The other people make way before him like the tide. Peering over the head of Brendan, he reads what the paper says. Sucking in his breath and whistling, Pierre mutters, "Bandits are one thing. The Dread Necromancer is quite another..."

Xalos
2015-01-17, 07:57 PM
Brendan pockets the charcoal and returns to the bar, catching the inkeeper's attention again. "Hail, Inkeep! What have you heard about this blood-damned storm?"

The innkeeper looks up at you from cleaning the table and says, "I know that the clerics haven't been able to get a grip on the storm. They mostly assume it is extremely powerful magics, most likely from the gods. But they have prayed and their gods have claimed it was not them. Honestly I think its probably some pissed off god."

Heavensfury
2015-01-17, 08:36 PM
"Surely the Dread Necromancer isn't involved in what appears to be highway banditry, though I'll grant it sounds more macabre that what we're use to facing. Still, with our luck we'd probably end up getting hired by a caravan traveling those endangered roads anyways. Really, doing this just means we're being proactive!" As he says this, he nervously bites his lip, indicating he may not be entirely as confident as he is trying to sound.

"Still...it couldn't hurt to take the governor's advice and go with a larger party. Hey, look," Duma says, pointing to the charcoal scratchings at the bottom of the post, "it looks like someone else was thinking the same thing."

Drako_Beoulve
2015-01-18, 03:37 AM
Sitting at the bar table, Julian had fixed his eyes on the glass of ale he had ordered since 4 hours ago, immersed in his thoughts.

"...I hate this rain, there's no end of it...I'm so bored that I can set fire here at any time..."

Suddenly, he turned his head on the door's direction and saw a man in a shinny armor walking in. Julian followed his steps with his eyes, after the man put some paper in the board, people start to muttering things and pointed to the paper, then, after a guy scratched his name into it, Julian start to get curious about it.

"...A job?...why not?...maybe I will give it a shot...or a breath"

Julian stand up from his chair and walk towards the paper, he start reading it and his eyes start to shine.

"This involves undeads, they burn pretty well!, and the money is a bonus, let's have some fun"

Julian turned around and ask:

Can anyone hand me a chalk?

dirigibee
2015-01-18, 05:14 AM
Brendan sees a young man examining the wanted poster by the job board, he has spiky brown hair and is dressed in an explorer's outfit. He seems to be looking around - maybe for something to write with?

Brendan stands up from the bar and goes over to greet the man, pulling the charcoal out of his pocket and offering it to him.

"Hail..." Brendan notices the man's eyes are wide and his breath smells distinctly of sulpher "... traveller". Brendan quickly recovers his composure. "You look like a man who appreciates conflict. Are you going to join the hunting party for these necromancers?" he asks the man, nodding towards the wanted poster.

abadguy
2015-01-18, 12:33 PM
Funny, Neal thought, never seen the inn so full before.

Coughing slightly as he tried to dry his soggy body next to the fire, Neal couldn't help but notice the motley assortment of characters gathered here. And they all seemed to be interested in whatever the metal covered muscle-monkey had put up on the wall.

Mincing over to see what the fuss was about, he read with interest, especially the part about "1,000 gold pieces". With that gold, I can leave that old coot of a 'senior wizard' and go about my own way!

He retreated quickly back to his warm spot by the fire and pondered. His mind made up, Neal looked around to see who this "Brendan Nexus" fellow is. Spotting the priestly looking fellow talking to some other stranger at the poster, he walked over and cleared his throat to catch his attention.

"H...hello. Are you Brendan Nexus? I am Neal, wizard's apprentice. Are you putting together a bounty hunting party to claim the reward?"

dirigibee
2015-01-18, 05:18 PM
Brendan's conversation with the wild eyed young man was interrupted by a dishevelled looking man a little older than himself, dressed in a robe and with a spell component pouch at his belt.

"I'm just waiting for a party to come together" Brendan replies.

"I saw a huge brute of a man and a weird looking fellow eyeing the poster earlier. And this is..." Brendan looks at the wild eyed man in the explorer's garb "... a traveller, who also seems interested. And I'm Brendan Nexus, well met".

'Finally, someone normal' Brendan thought to himself. 'Wait.. does he have pointed teeth?'

Drako_Beoulve
2015-01-18, 10:11 PM
Julian took the piece of chalk from Brendan's hands at the time he was distracted with a man in robes that named itself as Neal.

"Julian". He said at the same time he scratched his name on the paper as well.

"Are you up to no good?". Julian asked both and offer the chalk to the first to take it.

dirigibee
2015-01-18, 10:20 PM
"I'm never up to much good, my alarming friend" Brendan replied. "But I'm often up for a fight, and sometimes up for setting things alight. This job sounds like it will have both".

Prehysterical
2015-01-18, 11:06 PM
As more people start to approach the man, Pierre leans over and whispers to Duma, "Slapping his name right on the poster... He's a little full of himself, isn't he?" Pierre starts to consider the matter further. "As bad as going alone is, we don't want to go with too many people. If these people get wind of an army of their doorstop, they'll either pack up shop or call down someting nasty. What do you think? You're the smart one."

Heavensfury
2015-01-18, 11:27 PM
"Well, according to the job description, they'll be at least four dark clerics to deal with. Even in the unlikely event you and I could sneak up on this evil coven, two versus four is long odds. Either we're going to have to try and gather a group of our own," Duma looks around the tavern for likely canidates, "or invite ourselves into the party they're forming over there."

"How's this, we'll keep our eyes and ears open tonight, and if no better opportunities come along, we'll try to join this other group in the morning?"

abadguy
2015-01-19, 12:34 AM
Great, great, so its settled then! The, uh, Terrific Trio? So the clerics can be found one hour east of Renthin huh?

Neal peers out of a grubby window.

How about we set off once the rain lets up?

dirigibee
2015-01-19, 03:23 AM
"None of us want to get wet, but this is no natural storm" Brendan says to Neal thoughtfully. "If someone doesn't find the source and stop it, then there's no telling if it will ever let up".

"Hang on, I'm going to go introduce myself to those two odd looking folks" Brendan says, gesturing at the stone giant and the... other individual.

Brendan walks over to the tavern's notice board where Pierre and Duma are standing, and stands squarely in front of Pierre.

"You look like you've got a good arm" he says to the giant. "How do you feel about an arm wrestle, pitting your strength against mine in a friendly contest? After that maybe we can all talk about taking out these clerics".

Gwendol
2015-01-19, 04:00 AM
Gawain desperately wants in and out of the rain, and nearly runs over the heavily armored guard as he makes for the entrance of the inn. Shouting a Sorry good Sir! after the guard he scrambles inside.
Throwing off his wet cloak he grabs the attention of the inn-keeper: Hullo! A cup of mulled warm wine and some hot stew. And please find a dry spot for my cloak to dry!

The knight wears a gleaming breastplate as well as matching bracers and greaves, and carries a large sword and an assortment of other weapons. Tall, broad-shouldered and straight he surveys the room with piercing blue eyes. Noticing a bit of a crowd near the sign post, Gawain decides to go have a look.

Evil clerics, aye? They will prove no match for my blade; who will join me in this most righteous quest! he bellows... quite loud.

Drako_Beoulve
2015-01-19, 11:48 AM
Another Man in a shinny armor enters the inn leaving a trail of water behind him in the floor. As he approaches to the job board, the party of three get closer to Duma and Pierre's table.

"Another Job poster?, I will check it after the arm wrestling contest".

Julian approached his head to Neal's and whisper: "I bet 100 gold to the brute thing", referring Pierre.

Prehysterical
2015-01-19, 02:28 PM
Surprised by the man's offer, Pierre cannot refuse a test of strength. Walking over to the table, Pierre sits down gingerly in the creaking chair and plops his elbow down on the table.

"Let's see if all this sitting around has gotten me soft."

[roll0]

Xalos
2015-01-19, 03:07 PM
"None of us want to get wet, but this is no natural storm" Brendan says to Neal thoughtfully. "If someone doesn't find the source and stop it, then there's no telling if it will ever let up".

"Hang on, I'm going to go introduce myself to those two odd looking folks" Brendan says, gesturing at the stone giant and the... other individual.

Brendan walks over to the table where Pierre and Duma are sitting, and sits down on the bench opposite Pierre.

"You look like you've got a good arm" he says to the giant. "How do you feel about an arm wrestle, pitting your strength against mine in a friendly contest? After that maybe we can all talk about taking out these clerics".

Surprised by the man's offer, Pierre cannot refuse a test of strength. Walking over to the table, Pierre sits down gingerly in the creaking chair and plops his elbow down on the table.

[roll0]

A bunch of people in the tavern quickly gather around to witness a small Human try to take on a Stone Giant in arm wrestling. A bunch of people start making bets between each-other and watch anxiously.

Gwendol
2015-01-19, 03:51 PM
Gawain stands alone at the signboard, feeling slightly foolish as no-one seem to have noticed his bravado. On the other hand, the test of strength about to take place does pique his curiosity and he edges closer to have a look.
May Tymora smile upon you! he calls out to the contestants.

dirigibee
2015-01-19, 04:35 PM
Brendan grins at Pierre's reply and follows him over to the table, sitting opposite.

"This is how we used to play this in the temple" he says, pulling a caltrop out of a pouch at his belt and dropping it on the table where his own hand will land if he loses.
Shrugging, he explains "It's how Thorak likes it".

He grabs the stone giant's hand and pushes with everything he has.

[roll0]

Drako_Beoulve
2015-01-19, 04:56 PM
Gawain stands alone at the signboard, feeling slightly foolish as no-one seem to have noticed his bravado. On the other hand, the test of strength about to take place does pique his curiosity and he edges closer to have a look.
May Tymora smile upon you! he calls out to the contestants.

The shiny armored man stand aside Julian while blessing Pierre and Brendan. As soon as the contest start, Julian tell him "Wanna test out Tymora's blessing?, how about a bet?, 100 golds to the rocky guy"

Xalos
2015-01-19, 05:38 PM

Brendan grins at Pierre's reply and follows him over to the table, sitting opposite.

"This is how we used to play this in the temple" he says, pulling a caltrop out of a pouch at his belt and dropping it on the table where his own hand will land if he loses.
Shrugging, he explains "It's how Thorak likes it".

He grabs the stone giant's hand and pushes with everything he has.

Everyone laughs at the Human for even thinking he can take on a stone giant. Everyone quickly disperses after they settle they debts from betting.
Brendan takes [roll0] damage from the caltrops you placed.

Heavensfury
2015-01-19, 06:00 PM
Duma winces as the eager human's hand is quickly impaled on the caltrop. Take is easy Pierre, he thinks to himself, you're liable break the poor man's hand. "Interesting," he says, nodding towards the bloody caltrop, "is this your god's way of punishing failure, or of teaching his followers to learn from their mistakes?"

Extending his hand, the one opposite Brendan's unbloodied hand, Duma introduces himself. "Well, now that we've gotten the pissing contest out of the way, my name is Duma, and my friend here is Pierre."

Just to be clear, an Elan looks exactly like a normal human. There's just something sort of unsettling about them, something regular people can't put a finger on.

dirigibee
2015-01-19, 07:27 PM
"Ungh" Brendan grunts in pain as the giant overpowers him and his hand hits the metal spike on the table. "The things I do for my faith" he says, making a gesture with his uninjured hand and muttering, before touching his now glowing fingers to the wound.

"Well met Duma, Pierre. I'm Brendan" Brendan replies. "And this..." he says, picking up the caltrop and returning it to the bag, "... isn't even as noble as a punishment. Thorak just loves to see mortals bleed.".

Brendan looks up to see that some members of the gathered crowd have remained. "It looks like we might have the beginnings of a party" he says, looking around at the assorted adventurers.

Brendan casts Cure Light Wounds on himself, losing Shield of Faith
Heal: [roll0]

Prehysterical
2015-01-19, 07:51 PM
Pierre can't help but wince as the human's hand slams onto the caltrop. Pierre felt a little guilty, but he would have done both Brendan and himself a disservice.

"Well, you're brave, I'll give you that. Not very smart, though..." Pierre grumbles.

"So, you're planning a little expedition to take out those clerics. Find anyone else crazy enough?"

dirigibee
2015-01-19, 08:28 PM
"Worshiping Thorak isn't very smart, but it's never dull" Brendan replied. "I'd say you were suited for it with strength like that, but I can tell you're not the type for wanton battle".

"As for other mercenaries, I'm pretty sure he..." Brendan gestures at Julian "... is quite crazy. He's called Julian, but I'm not sure what kind of skills he has. There was also a polite wizard's apprentice called Neal, and I assume that loud suit of armour over there is a paladin or something like. They're always ready to run off and smite evil".

"By the way, I grew up in a small village, then I was cloistered in the temple. I don't know a lot about local politics. I know that man with the notice was a kingsguard, but that's all I know. Is it normal for someone like that to be involved with provincial bandit problems?".

Heavensfury
2015-01-19, 09:06 PM
"Well, the kingdom is a big place, and the king's soldiers can't be everywhere at once. When there is a relatively small threat in the country far from any of the bigger cities and their militia, it's not unusual for rulers to outsource the problem. It lets them keep their forces in the places they think need the most protection, and allows the more...martially active travelers in their lands to do something beneficial rather than destructive." He points to the sign. "I'm sure 1,000 pieces of gold is a pittance compared to what it would cost them to transport troops here, or to train and supply a local garrison."

Chewing his lip and looking slightly perplexed, Duma continues. "However, you are correct in thinking it unusual that a Kingsguard is the one performing the duty way out here. In fact, I'm don't believe I've ever heard of one leaving the capital. With the exception of when the King is traveling, of course." He shrugs.

dirigibee
2015-01-19, 11:57 PM
"Hm" Brendan replied. "That's worrying. There's more going on here than a simple cult... could we actually be dealing with the dread necromancer? Or some kind of royal connection? Hm".

"... speaking of cults, it's about time for my benediction. I'm going to go sit by the fire in my room and meditate. Good day to you both. Come and fetch me when you're ready to leave will you? I'm in the room with the scorch marks on the door.".

Brendan stands from the table, nods to the pair and heads for the stairs, pausing to give the armoured man a good natured slap on the arm.

As Brendan sits by the fire in his room, he spends a few seconds muttering with his fingers pressed to his still-wounded hand, and then closes his eyes to pray.

Brendan casts Cure Minor Wounds with his Orisinals until he is fully healed,
then meditates for new spells - 1:RoH, HfU, BH 0:CW, Gu, Gu

Xalos
2015-01-20, 12:04 AM
"Sure. The kingdom is a big place, and the king's soldiers can't be everywhere at once. When there is a relatively small threat in the country far from any of the bigger cities and their militia, it's not unusual for rulers to outsource the problem. It lets them keep their forces in the places they think need the most protection, and allows the more...martially active travelers in their lands to do something beneficial rather than destructive." He points to the sign. "I'm sure 1,000 pieces of gold is a pittance compared to what it would cost them to transport troops here, or to train and supply a local garrison."

"Hm" Brendan replied. "That makes sense. I'm just a little paranoid from my time at the temple".

"... speaking of the temple, it's about time for my benediction. I'm going to go sit by the fire in my room and meditate. Good day to you both. Come and fetch me when you're ready to leave will you? I'm in the room with the scorch marks on the door.".

Brendan stands from the table, nods to the pair and heads for the stairs, pausing to give the armoured man a good natured slap on the arm.

As Brendan sits by the fire in his room, he spends a few seconds muttering with his fingers pressed to his still-wounded hand, and then closes his eyes to pray.

Brendan casts Cure Minor Wounds with his Orisinals until he is fully healed,
then meditates for new spells - 1:FH, Bl, BH 0:CW, Gu, Gu

Please view OOC for fix on what Heaven said, because Heaven OOC didn't know, but his character would have.

Drako_Beoulve
2015-01-20, 01:07 AM
As Brendan head off to his room Julian congratulates both contestants. "Well done both, I hope we see the rematch soon. Well, that made my day I can now go to happily sleep, see you tomorrow, I will be next to the scorched door.", by saying that Julian go to the bar table to pick up his backpack and retire to his room.

abadguy
2015-01-20, 02:10 AM
Oh, everyone's going to bed now? I ... I guess I could too. So are we meeting here again? Neal chimes up eagerly.

If nothing else happens, I'll pay for a room at the inn and retire as well
No changes to spells prepared

Gwendol
2015-01-20, 03:03 AM
Gawain looks like he's about to make good on the bet when the contest suddenly is over. Shrugging he looks over his shoulder:
Another time, perhaps?

At Brendan's question, Gawain shakes his head.

Was that a King's Guard I nearly ran over outside? No, they do not usually get involved in anything but protecting the king, and rarely venture far from the capital. That certainly raised the stakes! So, what's the plan then?

As Brendan heads for the stairs, followed by Julian and Neal, Gawain looks a little surprised, but turns to face Duma and Pierre. Hm, well, guess we're left with making the plans then, while they rest? So, we just ride into the woods and hope for the best, or do we have the means for a more educated approach? Tracking will be near impossible in this weather, but perhaps divination could be of use?

dirigibee
2015-01-20, 04:09 AM
After an hour of silent meditation, Brendan stands up from the floor, stretches the stiffness out of his legs and walks back down to the common room. Through the window he sees that the sun has set, and he finds Pierre, Duma, Neal and the armoured man discussing strategy.

He stands close by and leans against a wall to listen to the discussion, eyeing the armoured man warily.

Can Brendan try a knowledge (religion) check to try and work out Gawain's class and what his abilities are? He kind of thinks its rude to just ask, and he's worried about inter-alignment conflict.
[roll0]

Gwendol
2015-01-20, 04:54 AM
Brendan notices an emblem engraved in the breastplate of the knight: a silver coin with what looks like a female head surrounded by flowers (?), no, closer scrutiny reveals them to be shamrocks. He doesn't have the paraphernalia of a caster, and Tymora isn't known to have a paladin order. A dedicated knight perhaps?

Xalos
2015-01-20, 07:01 AM
Oh, everyone's going to bed now? I ... I guess I could too. So are we meeting here again? Neal chimes up eagerly.

If nothing else happens, I'll pay for a room at the inn and retire as well
No changes to spells prepared

Currently the Inn is free. Because of the storm the Innkeeper has been taking in all the locals for free shelter against the weather.

Heavensfury
2015-01-20, 10:41 AM
"Well Sir, ummm," Duma suddenly realizes he doesn't know the gentleman's name, "Knight." he finishes lamely. "According to the job description, they've been attacking most of those traveling the road east of Renthin. Finding them may be as easy as disguising oneself as unarmored merchants and turning the tables on them when they attack." Smiling ruefully, he adds "Though in my experience, it's never quite that easy, is it Pierre?"

"Divinations might help, or they might not. These are spellcasters, after all, and who knows what defenses they have in place against such things." Glancing outside at the darkened skies, Duma rises from his seat. "It is difficult to create a strategy before even knowing what everyone's capabilities are, and it's getting late. Perhaps this discussion should be tabled until the morning."

Duma was careful that his tone remained non-committal. After Pierre and I learn what these others can do, then we can decide what we want to do, he thinks to himself.

Gwendol
2015-01-20, 10:53 AM
Gawain, Gawain Brandybuck. The knight interjects.

Humming wisely, he waits until Duma finished his line of thought. That could be a strategy, although not one that I favor. We should at least split in two, and have the decoys on the road, and a strike force shielded from view close by. Remember that Tymora favors the bold!

Prehysterical
2015-01-20, 01:55 PM
Pierre stands up and says, "I've set my eyes on bed. This'll be the last time we sleep in an inn for a while, I bet. We'll talk more in the morning." He carefully makes his way upstairs to one of the larger, more expensive rooms (one of the few where he can lie down all the way).

dirigibee
2015-01-20, 04:23 PM
Can we say we spend a few minutes off the record getting to know each other's abilities, alignments, equipment and what room each other is in? That way we'll all be familiar with each other enough to plan in the morning, except for Julian, but we can catch up with him tomorrow.

Brendan stretches. "My eyes droop as well. Oh, before I go and get some rest, can we try and work out what gods the cultists and the Dark Necromancer might worship? If they're followers of Thorak then I need to take... special precautions before dealing with them".

It turns out none of us know who they worship, but we know it isn't Thorak.

dirigibee
2015-01-21, 08:59 AM
Brendan retires to bed and sleeps, hoping to be able to track the cultists down the following day.

Xalos
2015-01-21, 09:54 AM
You all head to your rooms and sleep, in Duma's case he hangs around in the tavern for another 4hours before heading upstairs to him room to do his nightly trance.

You all rest well, but are abruptly woken up in the morning by a large explosion that came from outside, and the slight smell of sulfur.

Drako_Beoulve
2015-01-21, 11:40 AM
Julian woke up by the explosion, adrenaline rapidly merge in his blood. "WASN'T ME I SWEAR....what??". He remain quiet trying to understand what happened in his disorientation. He rapidly recognizes the smell of sulfur. "Fire?!?!". He went out of bed as far as he can, put his boots on, grab his backpack and run to the hall to see what happened.

Xalos
2015-01-21, 11:51 AM
Julian woke up by the explosion, adrenaline rapidly merge in his blood. "WASN'T ME I SWEAR....what??". He remain quiet trying to understand what happened in his disorientation. He rapidly recognizes the smell of sulfur. "Fire?!?!". He went out of bed as far as he can, put his boots on, grab his backpack and run to the hall to see what happened.

you rush downstairs to see the inn fuller than you have ever seen it before. Everyone is in a panic, women screaming, children crying. You also notice out the window, the rain has stopped but for as much as you can see, the entire village is set aflame, but for some odd reason the inn seems to not have caught fire yet.

Heavensfury
2015-01-21, 11:57 AM
At the sound of the explosion, Duma rises from his meditation and looks out the window to see what he can of the commotion. Grabbing his weapons, cloak, and pack, he goes to find Pierre in case there is trouble. Just as he is about to open the door, he hesitates for a moment. Deciding it's better to be safe than sorry, he focuses his energies and wraps his body in an invisible layer of psychic force. Thus protected, he exits his room, strides quickly down the hallway, and starts pounding on Pierre's door. "Pierre, get up! There's trouble!"

Expend 1PP to activate Inertial Armor

Prehysterical
2015-01-21, 01:09 PM
Getting up so fast that he accidentally knocks his head on the ceiling, Pierre gathers his weapons and slams the door open into the wall.

"What's going? Anyone hurt?"

Drako_Beoulve
2015-01-21, 01:23 PM
Julian ran outdoor the inn to see clearly the scene, adrenaline start to pump into Julians veins when he sees the entire town in flames, his eyes wide open and his mouth start to leak little spark of flames. "..I've set aflame buildings but never seen an entire town burning!, this is amazing..", Julian had immersed in his thoughts when he recaps that the entire town is on flames, he put himself together and proceed to imbue himself an elemental protection.

Julian casts Endure exposure in himself

Heavensfury
2015-01-21, 01:24 PM
Dodging the door with a well-practiced step back, Duma responds. "Well, the whole town is on fire, so probably. There's a lot of commotion coming from downstairs, maybe someone knows what the blast it going on!" Nodding in approval upon seeing that Pierre had the forethought to arm himself, he turns around and heads down the stairs.

dirigibee
2015-01-21, 04:25 PM
Brendan wakes with a start, falling out of bed as the sound of an explosion echoes through the inn. He runs to the window overlooking the front of the inn and sees that the town is burning.

'Hah, that would have made a fine act of worship' he thinks to himself. He scans the ground, trying to see any sign of the attackers, but isn't hopeful - his eyes weren't good even before he spent several years studying in a dim cave temple.

Coming to his senses, he pulls on his armour, grabs his equipment and runs out into the hallway just in time to see Duma and Pierre descending the stairs. He follows them down, and sees that the common room is packed, and outside the window the town is burning.

He reaches Duma and Pierre and speaks quickly. "So, we're under attack. Listen... I'm going outside to scout around, I should be able to escape from any clerics I see, even if I have to call on Thorak to help me. If I don't come back... shed some necromancer blood in my name..."

Brendan spends a few seconds muttering with his hand resting against his chest, then runs outside to try and find out the number and nature of the attackers.

Spot check to see enemies from his bedroom window: [roll0]

Brendan casts Guidance and Hide from Undead (thought I prepared it last night, but I didnt, sorry) on himself and leaves to look around, trying to avoid any enemies he saw from above.

PS, GM: Is there anyone nearby who might be able to help? Like a stronghold or a major city?

Xalos
2015-01-21, 04:29 PM
Julian ran outdoor the inn to see clearly the scene, adrenaline start to pump into Julians veins when he sees the entire town in flames, his eyes wide open and his mouth start to leak little spark of flames. "..I've set aflame buildings but never seen an entire town burning!, this is amazing..", Julian had immersed in his thoughts when he recaps that the entire town is on flames, he put himself together and proceed to imbue himself an elemental protection.

Julian casts Endure exposure in himself

You hear the barkeep yell at you, "Get back in here! It's dangerous out there! I had the inn lined with anti-fire magics awhile back from paranoia!.. They laughed at me for it, but now who's laughing!"

Xalos
2015-01-21, 04:34 PM
He reaches Duma and Pierre and speaks quickly. "So, we're under attack. Listen... I'm going outside to scout around, I'll be invisible to the undead, and I should be able to escape from any clerics I see, even if I have to call on Thorak to help me. If I don't come back... shed some necromancer blood in my name..."

Brendan spends a few seconds muttering with his hand resting against his chest, then runs outside to try and find out the number and nature of the attackers.

Spot check to see enemies from his bedroom window: [roll0]

Brendan casts Guidance and Hide from Undead on himself and leaves to look around, trying to avoid any enemies he saw from above.

PS, GM: Is there anyone nearby who might be able to help? Like a stronghold or a major city?

You see the barkeep standing in the doorway not letting anyone outside, while yelling at Julian to get back inside.

you don't see any enemies out of the window, and the nearest garrison is about a day 1/2 away by boat, or 2 1/2 days by land carriage. you also feel like going outside might not be the best idea in a burning city because of all the flaming rubble and wood falling from the buildings, especially since you heard the barkeep saying that the inn is fire resistant

dirigibee
2015-01-21, 04:59 PM
Brendan stops short when he reaches the doorway of the inn. The bartender is standing in the frame, blocking anyone from leaving. The man himself isn't an issue, but as Brendan looks outside he sees a large block of masonry fall from a burning building and crash into the path. He decides it might be safer to wait in the inn until the fires have burned themselves out.

"Alright inkeep. You probably saved our lives, I'll stay, but I reckon you should barricade this door. Unless you think all this happened because someone knocked over a candle" he says, gesturing to the burning town.

Brendan turns and heads back towards the stairs, pulling his crossbow from his back. He checks the rooms upstairs until he finds a good one overlooking the approach to the inn's door, pulls open the window, and sits down to keep watch for undead, his crossbow ready.

Drako_Beoulve
2015-01-21, 07:28 PM
As Julian hear the yelling of the barkeeper, he throws an eye to see if he can see someone outside.

[roll0]

Xalos
2015-01-21, 08:55 PM
As Julian hear the yelling of the barkeeper, he throws an eye to see if he can see someone outside.

[roll0]

you don't see anyone else but you outside... you do see the barkeep in the doorway screaming at you and large slabs of stone and wood fall from tall burning houses. You feel like it is best to go back inside

abadguy
2015-01-22, 02:45 AM
YES MASTER I'M SORRY MASTER NEAL WILL SCRUB THE FLOORS NOW MASTER! Neal woke shouting with a start and rolling to the floor when he heard the explosion, harkening back to his early days of his apprenticeship when his master enjoyed waking his students up with liberally applications of fireballs.

Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he looked around the unfamiliar surroundings before remembering
Oh right, inn. Escaped. Absconded. Adventure. Oh no, is Master Derth here?

His mind raced. He grabbed his belongings and rushed out to the window to see the village awash in flame

Master Derth ... wouldn't be so extreme ... would he?

He continued to look out the window, looking for any movement outside, especially the familiar silhouette of an old man with a pointy hat just like his.

[roll0]

Gwendol
2015-01-22, 04:11 AM
Gawain wakes with a start at the sound of explosion and jumps out of bed. Seeing the town ablaze and hearing the commotion downstairs he starts to don his armor, hopping around as he tries to hurry. Finally he rushes down to join the general commotion.
The rain should smother the flames soon enough! Let's wait a little before venturing outside.

dirigibee
2015-01-22, 07:02 AM
Brendan hears a commotion in the hallway outside in the hallway, he turns briefly and sees Gawain run past, heading for the common room.

"Nobody help cover the perimeter or anything, we're only under siege... probably by invisible undead!" he mutters to himself, scanning the burning scene beyond the window again.

"What a waste of a razing" he cotinues quietly, before reciting Thorak's 5th commandment. "But burn in my name, or let it remain; what blasphemy takes, I cannot claim". He sighs.

Since Brendan is just sitting around looking out of the window anyway, he takes some time for his morning prayers. Luckily Thorak doesn't just allow praying with a weapon in hand, he actively encourages it.

Xalos
2015-01-22, 07:17 AM
All of a sudden through the doorway a large gust of wind flies in throwing everyone back, and throwing Julian back inside. The gust of wind knocks out all of the candles and lamps in the room. The windows darken into black tint to where you cant see outside. The barkeep quickly shuts the door locking it to make sure no one can get in. The entire room goes completely silent except for 1 or 2 children crying. A large slam is heard at the door, and you can see a glimpses of light coming from the cracks of the door. A second large slam is heard as the door shakes furiously. Then a third and final slam hits. knocking the door completely down onto the ground. You can see in the background the village still burning and in the doorway, the silhouette of a man in metal chains, and a large scythe, with a magically moving chain instead of a wooden shaft. You all hear loud dark chanting of intelligible words in your head for a few moments before you all pass out.

You wake up, you don't know how long later, and you are laying down in complete darkness.
If you don't have Darkvision don't read this.
you can see stone edges around you, like you are lying down in some sort of stone box, and you can notice creases on the top part of the box, like a large lid

dirigibee
2015-01-22, 08:24 AM
'Did I fall asleep on watch?' Brendan thinks. 'How did it get so late?'. He wonders about the strange chant he heard, echoing up from the common room below. It had sounded impossibly loud through the thick wooden floor.

He reaches out to where he left his pack looking for a torch, and his flint and steel to light it. He also grasps around to try and find his dropped crossbow.

Xalos
2015-01-22, 08:32 AM
'Did I fall asleep on watch?' Brendan thinks. 'How did it get so late?'. He wonders about the strange chant he heard, echoing up from the common room below. It had sounded impossibly loud through the thick wooden floor.

He reaches out to where he left his pack looking for a torch, and his flint and steel to light it. He also grasps around to try and find his dropped crossbow.

As you attempt to do so, you feel somewhat constrained... as you feel around you realize that you are in some sort of stone box... You do feel creases on the top edges like it is a large lid that maybe you can remove by pushing hard enough
((Metagame: STR roll to push open))

dirigibee
2015-01-22, 08:38 AM
Brendan suppresses his rising panic at being apparently entombed. He braces his hands against the lid and pushes.

[roll0]

Xalos
2015-01-22, 08:49 AM
Brendan suppresses his rising panic at being apparently entombed. He braces his hands against the lid and pushes.

[roll0]

You throw the lid with all your might and it slams onto the floor loud enough for everyone to hear it. You look around to see that you were actually inside of a coffin. you see 12 coffins line to room. There are 2 visible large stone door, 1 to the south, the other to the East. All your equipment seems to be missing aswell
looks like the dice roller is fixed XD
on the roll20 page (https://app.roll20.net/join/648647/Qj0t6Q) if you enter the game you should be able to see the 1st room of the dungeon (top right)

Heavensfury
2015-01-22, 08:56 AM
Duma groggily awakens, the unintended sleep making his mind feel sluggish compared to his usual mediational rest. Unable to make out anything in the pitch, he reaches under his shirt and fishes out a small, violet crystal. "Xe," he mumbles, "where are we? Did you see what happened?"

Despite technically being an Abberation, Elans sadly do not have darkvision. Psicrystals, however, have extraordinary darkvision (pierces even magical darkness!)

Gwendol
2015-01-22, 08:59 AM
Gawain

Stand back! is all Gawain manages to say before all goes black. Regaining his senses he still is in the dark, but lying down. Rolling around the knight attempts to get back up on his feet, only to find himself trapped in a box, or sarcophagus of some kind.
Hey! Anyone there? he calls out before bracing himself and pushing against what he thinks is the lid with both arms and legs.

OOC: STR check [roll0]

Xalos
2015-01-22, 09:02 AM
Gawain

Stand back! is all Gawain manages to say before all goes black. Regaining his senses he still is in the dark, but lying down. Rolling around the knight attempts to get back up on his feet, only to find himself trapped in a box, or sarcophagus of some kind.
Hey! Anyone there? he calls out before bracing himself and pushing against what he thinks is the lid with both arms and legs.

OOC: STR check [roll0]

You budge the lid a little bit and after about 10seconds or so of pushing you are able to push the lid off.

Xalos
2015-01-22, 09:03 AM
Duma groggily awakens, the unintended sleep making his mind feel sluggish compared to his usual mediational rest. Unable to make out anything in the pitch, he reaches under his shirt and fishes out a small, violet crystal. "Xe," he mumbles, "where are we? Did you see what happened?"

Despite technically being an Abberation, Elans sadly do not have darkvision. Psicrystals, however, have extraordinary darkvision (pierces even magical darkness!)

Xe doesn't remember what happened, the chanting even effected the crystal. But it does tell you that you are trapped in some sort of stone box. But there is some sort of lid that you can most likely push up on

dirigibee
2015-01-22, 09:15 AM
Brendan jumps out of the coffin with a roar.

"Huurrrgh!"

He looks around the room, noting with annoyance that whoever had trapped him had taken away all of his equipment. He begins knocking on the lids of the other coffins, listening for a response from any of the other party members.

Can Brendan help anyone he recognizes with their strength check to get out? If he hears someone he doesn't recognize, or if he hears someone who just groans mindlessly, he won't let them out.

Xalos
2015-01-22, 09:17 AM
Brendan jumps out of the coffin with a roar.

"Huurrrgh!"

He looks around the room, noting with annoyance that whoever had trapped him had taken away all of his equipment. He begins knocking on the lids of the other coffins, listening for a response from any of the other party members.

the 1st lid you knock over you notice inside is all of your equipment that was missing a few moments ago.

((everyone else can get out and all that while you shuffle through your equipment))

Heavensfury
2015-01-22, 10:09 AM
"Hello, can anyone hear me? Pierre?" Duma shouts from within the stone box. Gathering his meager strength, he attempts to push the lid off and obtain his freedom.

[roll0]

Gwendol
2015-01-22, 10:13 AM
Gawain gets up and out of the stone coffin, noticing Brendan doing the same. I'm guessing there are others trapped here as well, let's get them out! he says before moving to the closest closed coffin and start pushing the lid off.

OOC: When you say equipment, does that include armor? Or just weapons and gear?
STR rolls for pushing lids: [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Xalos
2015-01-22, 10:40 AM
Gawain gets up and out of the stone coffin, noticing Brendan doing the same. I'm guessing there are others trapped here as well, let's get them out! he says before moving to the closest closed coffin and start pushing the lid off.

OOC: When you say equipment, does that include armor? Or just weapons and gear?
STR rolls for pushing lids: [roll0]

The nearest one to you is all of your equipment.. Everyone has the chance to open theirs while you do that.... if someone fails (like Duma did) you successfully open theirs, and their equipment's coffins...

dirigibee
2015-01-22, 10:55 AM
Brendan greets Gawain.

"Hail Gawain. What happened downstairs? The last thing I remember was the loud chanting of a dark divine spell coming up through the floor". As he speaks he examines the coffin with his equipment closely for traps or poisons.

Spot for anything that looks suspicious about the equipment: [roll0]

Xalos
2015-01-22, 11:27 AM
Brendan greets Gawain.

"Hail Gawain. What happened downstairs? The last thing I remember was the loud chanting of a dark divine spell coming up through the floor". As he speaks he examines the coffin with his equipment closely for traps or poisons.

Spot for anything that looks suspicious about the equipment: [roll0]

You don't see anything too suspicious until you take out the last piece. At the bottom, beneath where everything else was, you find a strange pulsating black orb, ((about the size and color of the Palantiri from Lord of the Rings. - and yes there is one in each of the equipment coffins))

Drako_Beoulve
2015-01-22, 01:05 PM
Julian wake up and tries to incorporate only to hit his forehead to something very hard. "What the heck?!" Julian used his hands to touch the surroundings and find himself trapped in a reduced space that barely let him move, he recognizes some voices outside his enclosure. "...So dark...I can fix that...", Julian touch his chest and imbues him with elemental resistance.

Cast Endure Exposure again in himself

Julian breathes a small amount of fire to illuminate the area and find himself in something like a coffin, he tries to push the cover.

[roll0]

"Stupid thing open up!". Julian push as hard as he can and even he breath fire against the cover (like that helps).

I guess he can open the coffing after a while

The cover give up and Julian frees himself from is enclosure and find some of the guys he meet last night, there are various opened coffins in the large room

"Are we turned into vampires?!?!" Julian quickly comes with a conclusion. He went out of the coffin and recalls that his things aren't with him. "Have anyone seen my backpack?", he ask while turning his head everywhere.

Prehysterical
2015-01-22, 03:40 PM
Pierre has no chance to act before being knocked out. Later, he awakens cramped into some kind of dark, stony cell. He pushes at what looks like a door.
[roll0]

After pushing the lid off, Pierre crawls out and sees some of the others emerging from their own coffins.

"What in the Hells happened?"

Gwendol
2015-01-22, 05:16 PM
"I'm not sure. We got knocked out by the spooky guy with the scythe, and now we're all here. Can't figure out why someone would bother to put us here, and stuff our belongings in the next coffin? And what's that thing? Looks magical to me. " Gawain says, pointing at the orb after retreiving his stuff.

dirigibee
2015-01-22, 05:25 PM
"We got knocked out by an unholy sleep spell" Brendan replied to Pierre as he examined the black orb.

"Does anyone know what these black orbs are? They look magical, and I'm worried being so close to them for so long has done something to our gear.".

Brendan mutters a small divine incantation, then tries to remember anything like the orbs from his religious training.

Brendan casts Guidance on himself, and rolls knowledge (religion) to try and identify the spheres: [roll0]

Xalos
2015-01-22, 05:40 PM
"We got knocked out by an unholy sleep spell" Brendan replied to Pierre as he examined the black orb.

"Does anyone know what these black orbs are? They look magical, and I'm worried being so close to them for so long has done something to our gear.".

Brendan mutters a small divine incantation, then tries to remember anything like the orbs from his religious training.

Brendan casts Guidance on himself, and rolls knowledge (religion) to try and identify the spheres: [roll0]

you can tell it is not divine...

Drako_Beoulve
2015-01-22, 07:00 PM
Julian saw others picking their items from the next coffin on where they have been keep and then he do the same, when he took his backpack he say a dark orb. "Uh? a freebie!", without thinking, he takes the orb to see it closely, maybe a reckless move...

Let's see what happens :smallbiggrin:

Heavensfury
2015-01-22, 07:50 PM
"Thank you, sir Gawain, that was...uncomfortable." Duma looks around the chamber, surprised to see that all those here just so happened to be the same individuals who were just tentatively forming a party the previous night. Coincidence? Probably not...

Relieved to see that at least this non-coincidence meant his giant-friend was still with him, Duma looks through all the coffins Gawain was so kind as to open, stopping when he finds the one holding the remainder of his gear. "I'm not sure, Pierre, the town was on fire, then a strange scythe wielder broke into the tavern, some sort of spell was cast...that's all I can recall. Though I don't think we're vampires, ummm, Julian was it? I mean...I think turning into the undead is something one would kinda just know...right?"

Donning the last of his equipment, Duma notices the black orb resting in the bottom of the stone casket. "Yeah, no way that's not magical. Hey, is that apprentice mage gentleman from last night here? This seems like something he should look at." Leaving the sphere where it lay for the time being, he starts rummaging around his pack, looking for his lantern and a flask of oil.

Time to try some knowledge checks concerning that orb. This might also be a good time for me to ask about psionic/magic transparency in this game?

Knowledge(dungeoneering): [roll0]
Knowledge(psionics): [roll1]

Xalos
2015-01-22, 07:51 PM
Julian saw others picking their items from the next coffin on where they have been keep and then he do the same, when he took his backpack he say a dark orb. "Uh? a freebie!", without thinking, he takes the orb to see it closely, maybe a reckless move...

Let's see what happens :smallbiggrin:

nothing seems to happen when you pick it up...

abadguy
2015-01-22, 10:58 PM
Neal squeals from the inside of the entombment

Anyone out there? Hellooo? Brendan? Is that you? Gawain?

He pounds on the stone lid enclosing him.

Help? Someone? Anyone?

He tries to push at the lid [roll0]

dirigibee
2015-01-23, 12:28 AM
Brendan throws the lid of Neal's coffin onto the floor.

"Hail Neal, welcome to our tomb. When you've finished waking up, do you mind if I ask what in blood's domain this is? All I know is it's not divine" he asks, offering Neal the black orb he found with his equipment.

After handing the ball over, Brendan suspiciously picks up his equipment and requips it, before walking quietly over to each of the room's two doors, pausing to listen at each and look for any gap underneath, or keyhole he can look through.

No strength check, because the GM said we could all get out.
Listen check for East Door: [roll0]
Listen check for South Door: [roll1]

Xalos
2015-01-23, 07:19 AM
Brendan throws the lid of Neal's coffin onto the floor.

"Hail Neal, welcome to our tomb. When you've finished waking up, do you mind if I ask what in blood's domain this is? All I know is it's not divine" he asks, offering Neal the black orb he found with his equipment.

After handing the ball over, Brendan suspiciously picks up his equipment and requips it, before walking quietly over to each of the room's two doors, pausing to listen at each and look for any gap underneath, or keyhole he can look through.

No strength check, because the GM said we could all get out.
Listen check for East Door: [roll0]
Listen check for South Door: [roll1]

there is no keyhole, just a large circular stone door.... you listen through it and just hear eerie dungeon noises, like water drips and things of that nature... nothing out of the ordinary for a dungeon

Prehysterical
2015-01-23, 12:05 PM
Pierre's hairless brow furrows as he collects his gear. "Why would someone go to all the trouble of capturing us and giving us back our gear? Doesn't make a lick of sense."

dirigibee
2015-01-23, 01:12 PM
Brendan turned to Pierre, after checking on the two doors. "Could be part of a ritual, where they kidnap the strongest people they can find and make them jump through hoops for their gods amusement. Or to satisfy an obscure requirement in a spell. Or maybe they just want well equipped zombies" Brendan sisighed.

Gwendol
2015-01-23, 02:52 PM
"Let's not tarry then. Which door do we pick?" Gawain asks, sword in hand.

Xalos
2015-01-23, 07:48 PM
The mysterious cloaked almighty figure in the sky awaits your decision on which direction patiently...

dirigibee
2015-01-23, 10:50 PM
"Both doors seem much the same" Brendan said, pulling his spiked chain into his hands. "Be nice to know more about those spheres first, but it looks like we've all got our equipment".

Are we all fully equipped again? What's everyone doing with their spheres? Brendan does't trust them as far as they'd roll down a hill, and is leaving his behind.

Drako_Beoulve
2015-01-24, 02:04 AM
"Let's take east door because why not?", Julian shrugged and walks towards the east the east door and check for something that could open it.

[roll0]

dirigibee
2015-01-24, 02:46 AM
Brendan walks over to the door that Julian is staring at intensely and just pushes it.

Xalos
2015-01-24, 11:50 AM
If Neal is unable to identify the orbs, Duma will tell everyone what they do. He just doesn't want people wondering how he knows this stuff.

Duma does so informing the rest of the party what the orbs are:

It is an Orb of Communication, it works as telepathy between all of the players in the party. So as long as the user and recipient is holding the orb you are able to communicate to them telepathically from any distance, even across planes.

Brendan walks over to the door that Julian is staring at intensely and just pushes it.
You open it and see a long dark hallway, with multiple doors to the right & left, and you can makeout what looks like an open passage southwards further down the hall

Roll20 (https://app.roll20.net/join/648647/Qj0t6Q)has door opened...

Heavensfury
2015-01-24, 02:15 PM
Grateful that none of the others questioned how he was able to identify the orbs, Duma stuffs a sphere into his pack. Joining the others with his lamp so they could see down the eastern hallway, Duma chimes in. "We should open both doors I think, for all we know the southern door could lead outside. Also, given the circumstances, I think we need to start being more cautious. Anyone with an eye for traps should take the lead, and the rest of us need to figure out our marching order. I'd do best near the rear," he says, patting his crossbow.

"Of course, my crossbow required both of my hands. Could someone else hold the lantern." He takes stock of the others arms, then offers the lantern to Julian. "Julian? Would you mind?"

dirigibee
2015-01-24, 03:06 PM
Brendan returns to the room and collects his sphere. "Duma, how did you know what these are anyway? Are you trained in the arcane?"

He moves over to the other door as he speaks, pushing that one open as well.

Heavensfury
2015-01-24, 05:18 PM
"I have no formal training in arcane magic. You're just going to have to trust that I know what I'm talking about for the time being, or not. I'm sorry, but I'm afraid that's all I have to say on the matter, at least for now." Bobbing his head apologetically, he turns to join Pierre in his preparations.

Prehysterical
2015-01-24, 08:29 PM
Pierre moves over to the door as Julian and Brendan investigate.

"Hold up, let's make sure everyone is ready before wandering off. First rule of dungeon-delving."

Gwendol
2015-01-25, 12:55 AM
"I'm ready!" Gawain says.

OOC: are both doors open yet? Otherwise Gawain will open the other one and have a look.

Drako_Beoulve
2015-01-25, 12:23 PM
Grateful that none of the others questioned how he was able to identify the orbs, Duma stuffs a sphere into his pack. Joining the others with his lamp so they could see down the eastern hallway, Duma chimes in. "We should open both doors I think, for all we know the southern door could lead outside. Also, given the circumstances, I think we need to start being more cautious. Anyone with an eye for traps should take the lead, and the rest of us need to figure out our marching order. I'd do best near the rear," he says, patting his crossbow.

"Of course, my crossbow required both of my hands. Could someone else hold the lantern." He takes stock of the others arms, then offers the lantern to Julian. "Julian? Would you mind?"

Julian takes the lantern from Duma, an the he step back. "Sure, but I'm not the scout type".

Pierre moves over to the door as Julian and Brendan investigate.

"Hold up, let's make sure everyone is ready before wandering off. First rule of dungeon-delving."

"I'm always ready, my weapon is already drawn" Julian said smirking, a spark of flame leaks from his mouth.

Xalos
2015-01-25, 12:39 PM
"I'm ready!" Gawain says.

OOC: are both doors open yet? Otherwise Gawain will open the other one and have a look.

you see a long hallway with another door at the end.... About 1/2 way down the hall you see another pathway (without a door) leading to the east

OOC: Roll20 (https://app.roll20.net/join/648647/Qj0t6Q)is updated

abadguy
2015-01-25, 10:01 PM
Hey ... uh ... friends, do you really think it is a good idea to split up? Neal calls out nervously as he finishes checking through his belongings.

He glances over at Gawain who has opened a door and then the others at the other door. He quickly scuttles over to join the bigger group. Safety in numbers after all.

dirigibee
2015-01-26, 01:24 AM
Brendan shrugs.

We're just checking neither door led to the outside. We should go down the first door we opened, the East one. Pierre could go first, he can take a lot of punishment. I'll go next to heal him if anything jumps out at us. I don't think it matters beyond that, but maybe we should have someone in armour at the rear as well, in case something sneaks up on us.

Brendan moves over to the East door, ready to leave.

Gwendol
2015-01-26, 03:47 AM
I can cover the rear for now. Pierre, if you get hurt we should trade places, no need to risk anything. Did anyone have experience with finding and disarming traps?

Gawain joins the others.

OOC: Entering Martial Spirit stance.

abadguy
2015-01-26, 04:32 AM
Traps? Not me! I can ... make things appear magically I suppose? I do not think I would be doing much hurt but I can make people feel really uncomfortable! Neal beams as he stakes a spot right in the middle of the group.

I would like to stay in the middle. Where it is safe. If the rest of you do not mind. I am just in my robes right now. Neal says as he looks pointedly at the impressive armor everyone else is wearing

dirigibee
2015-01-26, 05:50 AM
While Pierre's thinking over whether he wants to go first, has anyone thought about how the cultists got us here? Personally, I enjoy the thought of a bunch of weedy dark clerics trying to carry our fully armoured dead weight to wherever this dungeon is. Especially the 500 pound stone giant over there. Brendan nods towards Pierre.

Drako_Beoulve
2015-01-26, 11:11 AM
"I like to roast things first then ask questions, speaking of that and before we go, let me put all you a protection from me in case I go wild", Julian proceed to imbue all the party with his endure exposure invocation by touching one by one in the shoulder.

Cast Endure exposure to all the party

Prehysterical
2015-01-26, 12:17 PM
Unsheathing his recovered greatsword, Pierre steps forward. "I can take front. My eyes and ears aren't that good, but I like to see the looks on people's faces when I'm the first one around the corner." The young giant can't help but give a cheeky grin.

Drako_Beoulve
2015-01-26, 07:27 PM
Julian finished to give protection to all the party with Pierre. He unstrap his quarterstaff from the backpack to use it as a pole. "Ok big guy, let me go in front with you in the left side until we reach the first door so I will be behind you if you if we open it and fighting starts" Julian move to the left side of Pierre ready to start searching for traps. "Is everybody ready",Julian crouches with the quarterstaff in both hands ready to poke the floor in front of him.

Maybe Brendan wants to move to another square

dirigibee
2015-01-26, 07:30 PM
Brendan follows the pair out.

Heavensfury
2015-01-26, 07:43 PM
Fitting a quarrel onto his crossbow, Duma follows the party, keeping an eye behind them.

Xalos
2015-01-26, 09:04 PM
About 60ft down the hall there is a closed door to the right, 20ft further another to the left. Past these door (about another 80ft) is a pathway to the right that quickly breaks off into 2 directions. At the far end of the hall you also notice 1 more door to the left...
((all on roll20)

dirigibee
2015-01-26, 10:56 PM
Who has the best eyes and ears? Julian? We need someone to check the door for traps, and put their ear to it. We don't know what those dark clerics have set up for us.

Brendan gives the door a quick look over himself, though he isn't confident about his ability to find anything.

Search for traps on South door: [roll0]

Xalos
2015-01-26, 11:17 PM
Who has the best eyes and ears? Julian? We need someone to check the door for traps, and put their ear to it. We don't know what those dark clerics have set up for us.

Brendan gives the door a quick look over himself, though he isn't confident about his ability to find anything.

Search for traps on South door: [roll0]

you search the door and you don't find any traps.

Gwendol
2015-01-27, 07:36 AM
Gawain, tired of trailing behind steps forward towards the front. If we are to fight our way out of here, better but the fighting men up front. Besides, Tymora may no longer favor me if I appear to be hiding in the back row. Y'all might want to take a step back. Then he opens the door.

Xalos
2015-01-27, 08:23 AM
Reflex!
[roll0]

Gwendol
2015-01-27, 04:22 PM
Wha...! says the knight.

OOC: [roll0] vs DC 11

Xalos
2015-01-27, 04:43 PM
Wha...! says the knight.

OOC: [roll0] vs DC 11

You quickly move your head as an arrow flies out of the room hitting the wall behind you.... Inside the room you can see 3 skeletons with shortbows... You can close the door and run or you can charge in and attack....

If you attack go to the new Combat rolling thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?395158-Combat-Rolls-The-Kingdoms-of-Amdar) for combat, and roll20 (https://app.roll20.net/join/648647/Qj0t6Q)for the battlemap... i will roll initiatives...

Gwendol
2015-01-28, 03:10 AM
Skeletons! Take cover while Pierre and I smash them.

Gawain drops his sword and draws the morningstar before charging in.

abadguy
2015-01-28, 11:19 PM
Oooo! Skeletons! Lemme see!

Crossbow in hand, he moves to the doorway and spots the decayed figure. Sure he had read so much about the undead before, but nothing quite like seeing it before his very eyes.

He nervously fires off a bolt at the unnatural thing.

Prehysterical
2015-01-29, 02:31 PM
Pierre wastes no time. He turns the corner and charges the nearest skeleton, greatsword swinging.

Heavensfury
2015-01-29, 08:19 PM
"Skeletons?" Duma looks down at his crossbow and shakes his head ruefully. What good would a quarrel be against an enemy with no flesh to pierce? Taking a moment to focus his mental energies, he wraps his body in an invisible layer of force. Moving forward so that he might peer into the room, he's relieved to see that Pierre and their new companions have the situation well in hand.

Spend 1 PP to activate inertial armor. Moved to doorway

dirigibee
2015-02-03, 04:47 PM
Brendan walks over to the bones of one of the skeletons and begins grinding the skull beneath the metal-shod heel of his boot.

I consecrate the bones of these blasphemies to Thorak, 'What thy slaughter, let lie everafter' he says, reciting one of Thorak's commandments and offering up a silent prayer. When the skull has been reduced to a pile of fragments, Brendan looks around at the skeletons' dropped weapons and equipment. I don't need any of these weapons, but those shelves look interesting.

Heavensfury
2015-02-04, 05:04 PM
After rummaging through the shelves for anything of use, Duma pockets the silver piece, then walks over to Pierre and hands him the two potions he found. "Here, healing potions. You should really start keeping some in your pack, you know. We won't always have a friendly healer around."

He moves over to Brendan, taking a look at the fallen skeletons gathered equipment. "Well someone who doesn't have any way to heal them-self should take the potion. As for the rest of it, if anyone is willing to carry them, we could sell these weapons when we get out of here and divvy the profit. Heck, if he can use it, Gawain might want to take one of these shortbows and some arrows, just in case."

Drako_Beoulve
2015-02-04, 06:49 PM
"This is only garbage, potions can be given to front liners I guess...". Julian look at the skeleton bones with eyes of contempt "Stupid pile of bones did't give any fun, let's try our luck in another room", Julian start walking towards the door.

Prehysterical
2015-02-04, 06:57 PM
Pierre reprimands Julian by saying, "Considering that no one got hurt, I'm going to call this a success. Besides, the man who curses potions of healing is a fool, and soon to be dead at that."

dirigibee
2015-02-04, 07:19 PM
Lets go, and hope we find something that bleeds next time!

Oh... if any of you need help, call me before chugging a potion, I might be able to get to you in time with a healing spell. Best save them for emergencies, or for when I'm wiped out.

Brendan walks back out to the hallway, looping his spiked chain over his shoulder.

Gwendol
2015-02-06, 02:09 AM
Gawain steps out of the room, picks up and sheathes his sword and continues to the next door, morningstar in hand.

Xalos
2015-02-06, 07:36 AM
Gawain steps out of the room, picks up and sheathes his sword and continues to the next door, morningstar in hand.

Doth thou open thy door?

dirigibee
2015-02-06, 07:45 AM
Brendan walks up behind Gawain, unslings his spiked chain, and cautiously opens the door.

Reflex: [roll0]

abadguy
2015-02-06, 09:58 AM
Neal holds his breath, clutching his crossbow, hoping the 2nd door was not as ... "explosive" as the 1st.

Xalos
2015-02-06, 11:37 AM
Brendan walks up behind Gawain, unslings his spiked chain, and cautiously opens the door.

Reflex: [roll0]

You open the door and it is an elongated room with a single human body at the far end of the room laying on the ground face down.

dirigibee
2015-02-06, 09:47 PM
A dead body... was he a victim? Or is he a sleeping zombie?

Brendan shoulders his spiked chain, then returns to the previous room to pick up one of the dead skeletons' shortbows and some arrows. He returns to the room, taking up a position just in range of the corpse.

He aims the bow and fires to plant an arrow into the body, theorizing that this would at least annoy a sleeping zombie.

Brendan grabs a shortbow and arrows from the previous room, moves here (http://i.imgur.com/waCcjzQ.png), and shoots at the corpse to see if it reacts.

Attack: 1d20-5
Damage: 1d6

Edit: Sorry, thats the tag for a different forum. I'll make these rolls in the OOC.

Drako_Beoulve
2015-02-07, 04:59 AM
Julian keep a distance from the face down body ready to breath fire at the first sign of movement. "Maybe he is dead, let's make sure he is dead". Julian is about to incinerate it...

dirigibee
2015-02-07, 11:02 AM
He twitched! Did you see him twitch? Zombies don't strike me as the twitchiest creatures. He may actually be still alive..

Brendan doesn't notice Julian preparing to incinerate the possibly still-living man, at this point he still doesn't know what Julian's abilities are.

Gwendol
2015-02-07, 02:27 PM
Gawain grumbles and quickly changes out the morningstar for his sword before approaching the body.

Xalos
2015-02-07, 04:28 PM
Gawain grumbles and quickly changes out the morningstar for his sword before approaching the body.

you notice that if he was alive... he isn't anymore.... you do however find 4 copper pieces

dirigibee
2015-02-07, 11:08 PM
Brendan joins Gawain by the body.

Bleh, I think he was alive before I shot him. Look at the blood flow around the arrow wound Brendan says, gesturing to the blood spatter around where he'd shot the man. Kneeling, Brendan grips the body and pushes, turning it over to see if any of them recognize who he had been.

Heavensfury
2015-02-08, 02:14 AM
Entering the room just in time to see Brendan bury an arrow in the body, Duma winces at the result. "In the future, if you are concerned someone is an undead lying in wait, perhaps you should use your priestly powers to verify your suspicions. A living person wouldn't be affected by your ability to repulse the unliving, after all." He moves closer as the cleric starts to turn over the body, curious to see who the poor soul was.

Xalos
2015-02-08, 09:27 AM
Brendan joins Gawain by the body.

Bleh, I think he was alive before I shot him. Look at the blood flow around the arrow wound Brendan says, gesturing to the blood spatter around where he'd shot the man. Kneeling, Brendan grips the body and pushes, turning it over to see if any of them recognize who he had been.

you turn him over to see an unfamiliar face with fear and pain frozen on his face. You also notice a silver holy symbol of Pelor around his neck

Prehysterical
2015-02-08, 10:25 AM
Pierre, after moving to the next room with the others, rounds the doorway in time to see the dead priest. Noticing the arrow sticking from his back, Pierre slumps against the wall.

"Oh no..." The giant lowers his head mournfully.

dirigibee
2015-02-08, 10:36 AM
Heh, well.. Brendan scratches the back of his head, embarassed, He's with his god now.

I suppose next time, I'll leave the corpse inspections to someone who can get close safely.

Drako_Beoulve
2015-02-08, 01:13 PM
"Well, well, he cannot be helped anymore", Julian started to search the body for goods.

[roll0]

Xalos
2015-02-08, 03:05 PM
"Well, well, he cannot be helped anymore", Julian started to search the body for goods.

[roll0]

like i said before, 4cp and 1 holy symbol of Pelor

dirigibee
2015-02-08, 04:29 PM
Brendan takes a closer look at the body, trying to work out what might have killed the man, or knocked him unconscious (other than his own arrow)

Can Brendan perform a heal check to CSI the body?

abadguy
2015-02-08, 10:15 PM
Strange. A cleric of Pelor, alone here? Wonder what's his story. Does he look familiar to you?

Neal casually looks around the room for any other baubles or clues to where they might be

Search [roll0]

Gwendol
2015-02-09, 05:41 AM
This was most unfortunate, we need to proceed with more care. Gawain shakes his head, kneels by the body and murmurs a benediction.

Once the body has been searched he arranges it for a final rest by taking out the crossbow bolt, closing the eyes, and crossing the hands over the chest and the symbol of Pelor.

Xalos
2015-02-09, 07:11 AM
Brendan takes a closer look at the body, trying to work out what might have killed the man, or knocked him unconscious (other than his own arrow)

Can Brendan perform a heal check to CSI the body?

You do see a lot of bite and scratch wounds on his body. But seeing that your healing doesnt work, you positive that he is already gone.

Heavensfury
2015-02-09, 11:59 AM
"There is nothing we can do about it now, regrettable as it was. All we can do is move forward to the next room and learn from our mistakes." Duma lifts his lantern high, shining the light down the hallway. "It looks like there is one more room, and a perpendicular hallway shortly before that room."

Drako_Beoulve
2015-02-09, 11:12 PM
"There is something we can still do...", Julian's eyes are wide open,"It's been a while since I calmed down my urge, time to have a little therapy session!", Julian breathes fire to the body,"So beautiful...", he is staring at the flaming corpse.

dirigibee
2015-02-10, 05:42 AM
Hahh! I mean.. good idea! That'll stop him rising as a zombie! Brendan claps Julian on the shoulder.

Prehysterical
2015-02-10, 11:06 AM
Pierre wants to reproach Julian for taking joy in this, but instead he heaves a weary sigh. "It's what he would have wanted, I suppose."

abadguy
2015-02-10, 10:47 PM
Oh good, nothing like a good cremation to stop the rot eh? Shall we move on? My master must be raving mad ... uh ... worried sick! By now! Try to find a way to the top?

Neal pointed toward the next door with his crossbow.

Gwendol
2015-02-11, 03:07 AM
Gawain steps up to the door, then turns to Pierre. Will you do the honors this time?

He stands at the ready as the giant opens the door.

Prehysterical
2015-02-11, 04:10 PM
Nodding to the knight, Pierre cautiously opens the door.

Xalos
2015-02-11, 08:57 PM
Nodding to the knight, Pierre cautiously opens the door.

you open the door and you see a long room with a single bookshelf sitting at the end.... the rest of the room is completely empty

abadguy
2015-02-11, 09:23 PM
Neal peers in. Well, well. Empty room. Single bookshelf. This room screams TRAP to me? Eh big guy? He jokingly elbows Pierre in his rocky side.

dirigibee
2015-02-12, 07:27 AM
I don't necessarily think every room down here has to be protected Brendan says, his eyes roaming over the room suspiciously

Does Brendan see anything suspicious about the room? (spot): [roll0]

Edit: I don't necessarily think every room down here has to be protected Brendan says, facing the wrong way and staring at the wall behind them

Xalos
2015-02-12, 07:31 AM
I don't necessarily think every room down here has to be protected Brendan says, his eyes roaming over the room suspiciously

Does Brendan see anything suspicious about the room? (spot): [roll0]

Edit: I don't necessarily think every room down here has to be protected Brendan says, facing the wrong way and staring at the wall behind them

that wall is suspicious looking... you think the wall might be watching you....

Heavensfury
2015-02-12, 09:56 AM
Feeling bad for the cleric who, clearly wracked with guilt over the unintentional murder committed in the previous room, was just staring blankly at the wall, Duma steps to the fore. "Well, the last shelving we found in this place contained some useful items, perhaps this one will too. Stay behind me, I'll see if the path is safe."
Taking a deep breath, for trap-finding was not his forte, he moves cautiously forward, eyes sweeping from side to side, seeking hidden mechanisms or secret doors.

Search: [roll0]

Xalos
2015-02-12, 08:48 PM
Feeling bad for the cleric who, clearly wracked with guilt over the unintentional murder committed in the previous room, was just staring blankly at the wall, Duma steps to the fore. "Well, the last shelving we found in this place contained some useful items, perhaps this one will too. Stay behind me, I'll see if the path is safe."
Taking a deep breath, for trap-finding was not his forte, he moves cautiously forward, eyes sweeping from side to side, seeking hidden mechanisms or secret doors.

Search: [roll0]

You make it to the shelf easily without any traps being found. another search for the shelf plz

Drako_Beoulve
2015-02-12, 11:53 PM
Julian follow the steps of Duma to take a look on the shelf "Let's see if there is an item of my use"

[roll0]

He put itself in to it.

abadguy
2015-02-13, 12:41 AM
Seeing no explosions or pointy objects flung at the people inside the room yet, Neal steps inside to inspect the walls for writing or markings of any sort.

((Search [roll0]))

Gwendol
2015-02-13, 02:27 AM
Gawain stays outside, guarding the passage.

Xalos
2015-02-13, 07:27 AM
Julian follow the steps of Duma to take a look on the shelf "Let's see if there is an item of my use"

[roll0]

He put itself in to it.

along with what Duma found you find 74 more silver pieces and 3 more potions of cure light wounds.

Xalos
2015-02-13, 07:29 AM
Seeing no explosions or pointy objects flung at the people inside the room yet, Neal steps inside to inspect the walls for writing or markings of any sort.

((Search [roll0]))

there doesn't seem to be any writings or abnormalities on the walls, but you see Brendan staring at one of the empty wall suspiciously.

dirigibee
2015-02-13, 08:05 AM
This room's so grey and blurry. Maybe I do need glasses like mam said.

Satisfied that the room contains no dangers, and nothing more of value, Brendan walks back down the corridor to turn off they hadn't explored. He peers around the corner cautiously, trying to hide from anything that might be in the hallway.

Hide: [roll0]

Oh man. I am not the team's scout.

Xalos
2015-02-13, 08:32 AM
This room's so grey and blurry. Maybe I do need glasses like mam said.

Satisfied that the room contains no dangers, and nothing more of value, Brendan walks back down the corridor to turn off they hadn't explored. He peers around the corner cautiously, trying to hide from anything that might be in the hallway.

Hide: [roll0]

Oh man. I am not the team's scout.

you notice the western end of the hall it trails off again to the south, and on the eastern end there is a large Iron door with a keyhole.
((updated on roll20))

dirigibee
2015-02-13, 08:42 AM
Brendan walks back to the room with the rest of the group.

I scouted ahead a bit, the corridor branches off to the south, and there's a door with a keyhole. This one may actually be locked! Is anyone good at picking them?

Prehysterical
2015-02-15, 03:51 PM
Pierre shakes his head. "No good at that sort of thing, but I haven't met a door yet that I couldn't break down."

dirigibee
2015-02-15, 04:49 PM
Well, I'm going back to investigate it.

Brendan walks back to the door with the lock, and crouches to look through the keyhole, hoping to get a glimpse of the room beyond.

Spot: [roll0]

Heavensfury
2015-02-15, 07:23 PM
Duma heaves a heavy sigh of relief upon making it safely to the shelves. Rifling through their contents and pocketing what he finds, he stops when he discovers an intriguing vial of some strange greenish substance. Absorbed in studying the foreign liquid, he completely misses it as Neal sidles past him and completes the looting of the shelves. Snapping back into the present when Brendan returns and reports on the results of his scouting, he quickly cautions Pierre. "Yeah, braking down the door is always an option, but if it's important enough to be locked, it may be important enough to be trapped. Perhaps we should explore the other passages first, in the hopes that we find the key? It's not like the door is going to go anywhere."

Xalos
2015-02-15, 10:15 PM
Well, I'm going back to investigate it.

Brendan walks back to the door with the lock, and crouches to look through the keyhole, hoping to get a glimpse of the room beyond.

you are not able to see through the keyhole...

Duma heaves a heavy sigh of relief upon making it safely to the shelves. Rifling through their contents and pocketing what he finds, he stops when he discovers an intriguing vial of some strange greenish substance. Absorbed in studying the foreign liquid, he completely misses it as Neal sidles past him and completes the looting of the shelves. Snapping back into the present when Brendan returns and reports on the results of his scouting, he quickly cautions Pierre. "Yeah, braking down the door is always an option, but if it's important enough to be locked, it may be important enough to be trapped. Perhaps we should explore the other passages first, in the hopes that we find the key? It's not like the door is going to go anywhere."

so you do NOT pick up the vial correct?

abadguy
2015-02-16, 01:48 AM
Well I am hopeless with locks. I guess I could melt it down with some conjured acid? Neal says. I am for exploring this place further. Looks like there are more room. Hopefully with fewer skeletons.

Gwendol
2015-02-16, 05:31 AM
Agreed. I'm sure we can find some way to get through a locked door, but first let's explore the other passage.

With what appears to be a general agreement on how best to proceed, Gawain backtracks to the unexplored passage leading out from the room with the coffins. He cautiously moves ahead once all are there, keeping an eye out for hidden dangers.

Xalos
2015-02-16, 11:25 AM
Oh Duma totally pockets the vial, I'm just using it to RP the bad search check.

Everyone pause...

Brenden is going back to the iron door and Gawain is still watching the hallways right outside the room.... as Duma picks up the vial the door to the door loudly and swiftly shuts itself. You all hear a small creepy childlike voice, "Little Elan shouldn't touch that...."
Neal and Pierre who are still near the back of the room see a small shadow start to form coming through the back wall the Brenden was starring at earlier. The voice then repeats itself every 5 seconds, "Little Elan shouldn't touch that....."

(Brenden is away and does not know of the current situation, Gawain just saw the door slam shut behind him and does not know what is going on in the inside, Neal and Pierre see the shadow and hear the voice, Julian and Duma hear the voice but don't see the shadow yet.)

abadguy
2015-02-16, 10:39 PM
Stars above! What ... what is that?! Neal shouts as he points frantically at the shadow forming And who is Elan? Why is he little? Argh! Drop that thing Duma!

Neal starts backing away from the shadow, crossbow shaking in hand

dirigibee
2015-02-17, 07:51 AM
Annoyed that the keyhole doesn't go all the way through the door, Brendan returns to the room where he left the rest of the group, and arrives to see the door closed with Gawain standing outside.

Why's the door closed? They still in there?

Not waiting for a reply, Brendan goes to try the door.

What kind of material/quality is the door?

Heavensfury
2015-02-17, 08:46 AM
"Hello?" Duma asks, looking around himself for the source of the eerie voice even as he dutifully rests the vial back on the shelf it came from. "Does anyone else hear that?"

Xalos
2015-02-17, 09:22 AM
"Hello?" Duma asks, looking around himself for the source of the eerie voice even as he dutifully rests the vial back on the shelf it came from. "Does anyone else hear that?"

The shadow fades back into the wall saying, "That's a good Elan....", as the door once again opens up.

Annoyed that the keyhole doesn't go all the way through the door, Brendan returns to the room where he left the rest of the group, and arrives to see the door closed with Gawain standing outside.

Why's the door closed? They still in there?

Not waiting for a reply, Brendan goes to try the door.

What kind of material/quality is the door?

The door is made of rough stone, as you are about to push it, it slides back open.

Prehysterical
2015-02-17, 10:55 AM
Sword held loosely in his hands, Pierre hesitantly asks, "...The Hells was all that about?"

Drako_Beoulve
2015-02-17, 11:42 AM
In a humorist mode Julian ask Duma: "Who's your friend, Elan?", he extend his hand: "Hey Elan, give me one of the potions, I will take the advise from before", refering to the potions Duma just pocketed.

Heavensfury
2015-02-17, 12:23 PM
His face going stony and cold, Duma looks Julian square in the eyes. "Do not call me that. It is not something I would have chosen to share about myself, and I would appreciate it if you forgot it was ever said." Reaching into his bag for the healing potion he had retrieved from the shelf, he hands it to Julian. "I have five more of these, but those are ones I bought some time ago, and I will be holding onto them. Anything else of worth that we find while in here can be divided if and when we find our way back to civilization I think, pending a more immediate need." Turning to Neal, he indicates the vial of green fluid. "Apprentice Sturmster, could you identify this material?"

dirigibee
2015-02-17, 04:34 PM
The door just opened itself. What happened in here? Who's Elan?

As he questions the group inside the room, Brendan once again gets an odd feeling about the back wall, and stares at it suspiciously.

Gwendol
2015-02-18, 05:50 AM
OOC: I don't think either Gawain nor Brendan actually hears the voice.

Beats me, the door suddenly shut and now it's open again. Did you guys trigger something? Gawain answers Brendan, then asks the ones emerging from the room.

Prehysterical
2015-02-20, 01:01 PM
Concerned about Duma's reaction, Pierre steps forward and lays a hand on his friend's shoulder.

"Doom... Everything all right?" Only Pierre would get away with that particular nickname.

Heavensfury
2015-02-20, 02:37 PM
Duma initially stiffens, but upon recognizing the burly extremity resting on his shoulder, the tension seems to drain out of him. "My apologies, Julian," he says, bowing his head contritely, "that word represents a singularly dark time in my life, as well as a burden I've had to bear ever since. Being taunted with it was...stressful, but that was not your intention and I shouldn't have snapped at you." Duma looks over his shoulder and gives Pierre a grateful, and embarrassed, smile.

"Where did that voice come from, anyways? It did not like me touching that vial of...whatever that substance is."

Prehysterical
2015-02-22, 02:22 AM
"Dunno, really, but just sitting around and scratching our heads isn't going to accomplish much of anything. Let's get a move on."

Drako_Beoulve
2015-02-22, 05:39 PM
"No hard feelings" Julian acts like nothing happened. "If you really want to know what's about with the strange voice I suggest to pick up the vial again, otherwise let's get out of here".

dirigibee
2015-02-24, 06:02 AM
Brendan looks between Duma and Julian perplexed.

There was a voice? Who's voice?

Heavensfury
2015-02-24, 11:13 AM
Duma gestures to the vial. "When I grabbed that, a voice demanded it be left alone. I did not see the speaker." He shrugs, clearly mystified.

dirigibee
2015-02-24, 11:17 PM
A mysterious voice eh.. clear the room! I will attempt to commune with it

Gwendol
2015-02-25, 09:53 AM
Gawain keeps guard outside the room while the others debate and investigate.

Drako_Beoulve
2015-02-25, 10:46 AM
"As you wish...". Julian left the room and find Gawain guarding the entrance. "Hey long time no see!"

Prehysterical
2015-02-25, 01:47 PM
As much as Pierre doesn't like being ordered around by someone he doesn't know, he leaves the room. If I can't hit it, I can't help.

Heavensfury
2015-02-26, 08:21 PM
"As you wish. Try not to get killed, eh?" Duma follows Pierre out.

dirigibee
2015-02-26, 09:57 PM
With the room cleared, Brendan turns towards the suspicious wall.

Is there anyone here? Anyone who cares whether I take this vial?

Xalos
2015-02-26, 10:00 PM
With the room cleared, Brendan turns towards the suspicious wall.

Is there anyone here? Anyone who cares whether I take this vial?

you hear a small voice come from inside of the stone wall, "Little Human no touch"

dirigibee
2015-02-26, 10:16 PM
Brendan's eyes narrow at the wall.

I promise to leave it alone, if you'll talk to me. Do you know where we are?

Xalos
2015-02-26, 11:52 PM
Brendan's eyes narrow at the wall.

I promise to leave it alone, if you'll talk to me. Do you know where we are?

"Why should I tell little Human? Little Human shouldn't take what isn't his..."
You start to see a small shadow form from the wall.

dirigibee
2015-02-27, 12:29 AM
As Brendan spots the shadow, he casts his mind back to his training at the temple to try and identify what it might be.

Alright, I won't touch your vial, but will you answer my question anyway? I'll owe you a favour.

Knowledge (religion): [roll0]

Rushed diplomcy: [roll1]

Xalos
2015-02-27, 01:17 AM
As Brendan spots the shadow, he casts his mind back to his training at the temple to try and identify what it might be.

Alright, I won't touch your vial, but will you answer my question anyway? I'll owe you a favour.

Knowledge (religion): [roll0]

Rushed diplomcy: [roll1]

you have no idea what this thing is, "Maybe... My answer depends on your question, and I will be calling that favor in soon enough...."

dirigibee
2015-02-27, 01:58 AM
Brendan's face became impassive, and he calmly leaves the room.

abadguy
2015-02-27, 06:33 AM
Ugh that was awfully creepy. But the call of science is strong. Maybe I should just quaff the thing... Neal examines the vial after Brendan puts it down.

Some sort of ... home brew?

He casts Detect Magic and attempts to discern its contents

((Spellcraft check in OOC))

abadguy
2015-02-28, 01:49 PM
Neal picks up the vial when his magical methods don't reveal further insights.

He faces the wall where the shadow appeared

Hello? Who does this vial belong to? What is your name?

Gwendol
2015-03-03, 08:56 AM
What happened in there, is there a monster or something lurking? Gawain asks, curious to see that Brendan and Neal seem reluctant to leave.

Xalos
2015-03-03, 09:27 AM
Neal picks up the vial when his magical methods don't reveal further insights.

He faces the wall where the shadow appeared

Hello? Who does this vial belong to? What is your name?

You hear, "It's my bottle, and you shouldn't be touching it little Tiefling...." as a shadow forms at the far wall.

Drako_Beoulve
2015-03-03, 12:51 PM
"This is stating to be interesting", Julian's smirking face is attentive to the scene from the door, "They shouldn't be playing with that thing...if you play with fire you gonna get burn, unless of course, you're like me", "Better move from the door, here comes the shutting of the door, the question is, do I want to be in side or outside....", Julian step into the room again and stay next to the door.

abadguy
2015-03-03, 01:57 PM
You hear, "It's my bottle, and you shouldn't be touching it little Tiefling...." as a shadow forms at the far wall.

Is it yours? Don't see your name on it. What is your name? Why did you leave your bottle lying about if you don't want anyone touching it? Neal says to the forming shadow as he gingerly swirls the vial

Xalos
2015-03-03, 05:30 PM
Is it yours? Don't see your name on it. What is your name? Why did you leave your bottle lying about if you don't want anyone touching it? Neal says to the forming shadow as he gingerly swirls the vial

It talks louder, "It's on MY bookshelf, in MY room. Little Tiefling shouldn't invade other's homes!" You can tell it is getting angrier by it's voice as the shadow moves closer

abadguy
2015-03-04, 01:31 PM
Who are you anyway? Why are you here? Neal says he removes the stopper from the vial.

((Is the door shut?))

Prehysterical
2015-03-04, 01:34 PM
Getting somewhat nervous outside, Pierre asks, "Everything okay in there?"

Xalos
2015-03-04, 03:58 PM
Who are you anyway? Why are you here? Neal says he removes the stopper from the vial.

((Is the door shut?))

yes the door is shut.... it starts rushing faster at you, "PUT IT DOWN NOW!" it screams

you have enough time to drink it, dump it or put it back before it would get to you

abadguy
2015-03-06, 02:09 AM
Neal panics as the shadow rushes at him and gulps down the vial in his hand.

Xalos
2015-03-06, 08:12 AM
Neal panics as the shadow rushes at him and gulps down the vial in his hand.

You down the bottle, shivering as you do so taking 1d8+1 damage. If you are still conscious you start to turn incorporeal, and you feel a shiver of cold, as well as overwhelming hatred and anger. Make a will save for additional effects....

OOC: >:) I was hoping you would do that...

Xalos
2015-03-06, 10:19 AM
You down the bottle, shivering as you do so taking [roll0] damage. If you are still conscious you start to turn incorporeal, and you feel a shiver of cold, as well as overwhelming hatred and anger. Make a will save for additional effects....

hmm roll didnt work.... [roll0]

Xalos
2015-03-06, 04:31 PM
You down the bottle, shivering as you do so taking [roll0] damage. If you are still conscious you start to turn incorporeal, and you feel a shiver of cold, as well as overwhelming hatred and anger. Make a will save for additional effects....

I was curious :D :D :D or rather Neal is insanely curious, especially arcaney, magicky stuff. I should probably write it up as a Flaw.

Will Save [roll1]

Thank you... you just made my day....

As you form into a gaseous form you start to hear a voice in your head. "Did you really just drink my enchanted ashes?".... You also notice that the shadow thing from before is now a fully grown horrid shadow beast (see image below) and you immediately recognize this from books that this is a necromatic shadow elemental. It is what happens when a shadow elemental is destroyed but then brought back by extremely powerful necromatic magic.

http://amigamuseum.emu-france.info/Fichiers/sites/sotb/Fichiers/fan_art/sotb_tribute%2001.jpg

abadguy
2015-03-07, 01:10 PM
Guess I did? Sooo... what was your name again? Neal asks nervously. He tries to move about in his new gaseous form.

dirigibee
2015-03-07, 09:25 PM
Brendan gets nervous about the lack of reply to Pierre's question from beyond the closed door.

Worried about leaving Neal alone in the room with the odd shadow, he turns to Pierre.Maybe we should get in there?

Brendan tries to force the door open.

Strength to force the door (hopefully with Pierre's help): [roll0]

Xalos
2015-03-08, 12:21 AM
Brendan gets nervous about the lack of reply to Pierre's question from beyond the closed door.

Worried about leaving Neal alone in the room with the odd shadow, he turns to Pierre.Maybe we should get in there?

Brendan tries to force the door open.

Strength to force the door (hopefully with Pierre's help): [roll0]

the door doesn't even budge

Prehysterical
2015-03-08, 12:34 AM
Pierre adds his own strength to the door.
[roll0]

dirigibee
2015-03-08, 12:38 AM
Seeing Pierre trying to force the door where he failed, Brendan tries to help.

Strength: [roll0]

Xalos
2015-03-08, 02:06 PM
Pierre adds his own strength to the door.
[roll0]

Seeing Pierre trying to force the door where he failed, Brendan tries to help.

Strength: [roll0]

The door still does not budge

Gwendol
2015-03-09, 02:39 AM
Gawain lends his strength to that of the others.

STR check: [roll0]

Gwendol
2015-03-09, 02:40 AM
OOC: What is the door made of? Are there visible hinges? What does the frame look like?

Xalos
2015-03-09, 06:29 AM
OOC: What is the door made of? Are there visible hinges? What does the frame look like?

Its a thick stone door. there is no hinges that are visible, It just seems to be magically attached to part of the wall, the magic acting as hinges
The door still does not budge even with everyone pushing

Gwendol
2015-03-10, 02:13 AM
The door won't budge, and I can't figure out how else to break through it! I'm learning the way to strike through the hardest of matter, but have yet to master the technique. Can it be opened with a spell?

Gawain takes a step back from the door.

dirigibee
2015-03-10, 03:16 AM
Thorak doesn't grant me any kind of opening magic. If we get desperate we could always just try and smash it. Still.. I wonder how it works..

Brendan stares intently at the door, trying to work out how the magic that's keeping it closed might be circumvented.
Spellcraft: [roll0]

Xalos
2015-03-10, 06:36 AM
Thorak doesn't grant me any kind of opening magic. If we get desperate we could always just try and smash it. Still.. I wonder how it works..

Brendan stares intently at the door, trying to work out how the magic that's keeping it closed might be circumvented.
Spellcraft: [roll0]

Maybe if you dispelled the magic hinges it would fall down, or maybe a normal opening spell, but that is the only way that you see

Drako_Beoulve
2015-03-11, 08:31 PM
Julian rapidly moves away as if the door were in flames.

abadguy
2015-03-12, 03:34 AM
Still waiting for a reply to my previous action. Can I move? If so I'm trying to move to the door and slip out

Xalos
2015-03-12, 06:33 AM
Still waiting for a reply to my previous action. Can I move? If so I'm trying to move to the door and slip out

Oops missed that one..... You are able to move around, but the shadow beast is in your path to the door, will you try and move around him?

abadguy
2015-03-16, 04:46 AM
Oops missed that one..... You are able to move around, but the shadow beast is in your path to the door, will you try and move around him?

Neal floats about the room, seeking any other crevices or holes where he can "seep" out

Xalos
2015-03-16, 06:22 AM
Neal floats about the room, seeking any other crevices or holes where he can "seep" out

You think you might be able to phase through the wall like the shadow could...

abadguy
2015-03-16, 01:08 PM
Well, here goes nothing ... Neal thought to himself as he tries to penetrate the wall as the shadow did.

((Neal attempts to move through the wall))

Xalos
2015-03-16, 02:53 PM
Well, here goes nothing ... Neal thought to himself as he tries to penetrate the wall as the shadow did.

((Neal attempts to move through the wall))

You rush through it quite easily (but painfully [roll0] damage) Once inside the wall you realize it is hallow and there is a lever on the side where the door should be.

abadguy
2015-03-17, 04:00 AM
Neal tries to move the lever.

If Neal is unable to physically move the lever, he will instead cast Mage Hand to do so

((OOC I'm quite disorientated as to which side of the room I'm at))

Xalos
2015-03-17, 06:08 AM
Neal tries to move the lever.

If Neal is unable to physically move the lever, he will instead cast Mage Hand to do so

((OOC I'm quite disorientated as to which side of the room I'm at))

You move over to it and pull the lever with ease and hear a loud click and slam....
everyone outside you see the door opens, and no one is inside.

dirigibee
2015-03-17, 06:28 AM
Brendan creeps into the room, and is shocked to find it empty.

Well, looks like he's been eaten by the shadow, equipment and all. Rest in peace, you brave wizard. You died in battle, I guess, probably. I can respect that.

He turns to the others.

Is anybody else hungry? I don't think I've had anything since the inn!

Brendan pulls a bag of trail rations from his pack and sits outside the room on the ground, stuffing the mixed nuts and berries into his mouth.

Heavensfury
2015-03-17, 01:27 PM
"Surely he can't be gone just like that...can he?" Stepping over the threshold, Duma hesitantly calls for the missing mage, feeling a little foolish. "Apprentice Neal? Hello?"

Prehysterical
2015-03-17, 03:20 PM
Pierre looks around nervously. "If he just up and vanished, should we be hanging around?"

dirigibee
2015-03-17, 04:23 PM
Finishing up his meal, Brendan stands.

You're right, I suppose we might as well head off... hold! Maybe he's just been turned invisible some how. He might be lying unconscious somewhere in that room, just hidden from sight!

Brendan creeps into the room, trying to spot any signs of an invisible figure, systematically poking the empty air with his hands.

abadguy
2015-03-17, 11:15 PM
I hope that did something! Neal tries to phase back into the room

Xalos
2015-03-18, 06:20 AM
Finishing up his meal, Brendan stands.

You're right, I suppose we might as well head off... hold! Maybe he's just been turned invisible some how. He might be lying unconscious somewhere in that room, just hidden from sight!

Brendan creeps into the room, trying to spot any signs of an invisible figure, systematically poking the empty air with his hands.

I hope that did something! Neal tries to phase back into the room

Neal: You are able to phase back into the room easily

Brendan (and anyone else in the room/looking in the room): You see a ghostly transparent version of Neal come out of the wall.

dirigibee
2015-03-18, 06:47 AM
Brendan sees Neal's insubstantial figure fade back into the room through the wall. Alarmed, he takes a step back and shouts to the others outside the room.

He's here, but.. he's been.. they've raised him as the undead. They've turned Neal into some kind of spirit

As Brendan's mouth twists in distaste, he tries to work out what has happened to Ghost Neal.
Knowledge (Religion): [roll0]

Xalos
2015-03-18, 07:23 AM
Brendan sees Neal's insubstantial figure fade back into the room through the wall. Alarmed, he takes a step back and shouts to the others outside the room.

He's here, but.. he's been.. they've raised him as the undead. They've turned Neal into some kind of spirit

As Brendan's mouth twists in distaste, he tries to work out what has happened to Ghost Neal.
Knowledge (Religion): [roll0]

You know that this shade is more of a spell than actually undead.

Gwendol
2015-03-18, 07:57 AM
Neal! Is that still you? Gawain calls out, eying the appearance with some suspicion.

abadguy
2015-03-18, 12:44 PM
Please, please hear me! he thought feverishly.

Neal moves toward the rest of the group as he tries to shout the words

MY NAME IS NEAL