PDA

View Full Version : A question or two regarding the Planes

JellyPooga
2007-04-02, 01:27 PM
I have recently aquired a copy of the Manual of the Planes and have been looking into the possibility that both it and the Planescape setting have to offer. In my perusal of various materials, I have come across a couple of queries that I would like to pose to the good people here.

1) Starting simply - Horizon Walkers. Upon reaching 6th level, they can choose a Planar Terrain Mastery. One of these is in regard to Shifting Planes (Limbo, etc.) and the granted ability is the ability to use Dimension Door once evey 1d4 rounds. Is this only applicable on the "Shifting" planes, or is this ability usable wherever the 'Walker goes?

2) Tuladhara - These Planetouched are apparantly decendant from Rilmani, presumably a Neutral Aligned Outsider. Could someone tell me a little more about them?...the Rilmani that is (I don't want to know rules about them, just some fluff - what they are, what they look like, what's their agenda, etc.)

3)....crap...I did have a third question, but I've forgotten what it was...oh well, maybe I'll remember later...

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-04-02, 02:00 PM
1) Starting simply - Horizon Walkers. Upon reaching 6th level, they can choose a Planar Terrain Mastery. One of these is in regard to Shifting Planes (Limbo, etc.) and the granted ability is the ability to use Dimension Door once evey 1d4 rounds. Is this only applicable on the "Shifting" planes, or is this ability usable wherever the 'Walker goes?
From the SRD on Horizon Walkers (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/horizonWalker.htm):

"Terrain Mastery
At each level, the Horizon Walker adds a new terrain environment to their repertoire from those given below. Terrain mastery gives a horizon walker a bonus on checks involving a skill useful in that terrain, or some other appropriate benefit. A horizon walker also knows how to fight dangerous creatures typically found in that terrain, gaining a +1 insight bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls against creatures with that terrain mentioned in the Environment entry of their descriptions. The horizon walker only gains the bonus if the creature description specifically lists the terrain type.

Horizon walkers take their terrain mastery with them wherever they go. They retain their terrain mastery bonuses on skill checks, attack rolls, and damage rolls whether they’re actually in the relevant terrain or not."

And

"Planar Terrain Mastery
Planar terrain mastery functions just like terrain mastery, except that the horizon walker can choose one of the planar categories at each level. The horizon walker can take a non-planar terrain type instead, if she wishes.
(emphasis mine)

Can't help you with the other questions. I'm not familiar with the creatures in the second one, and I am not a "Past Psychic," and so cannot help with the third.

Assassinfox
2007-04-02, 02:07 PM
2) Tuladhara - These Planetouched are apparantly decendant from Rilmani, presumably a Neutral Aligned Outsider. Could someone tell me a little more about them?...the Rilmani that is (I don't want to know rules about them, just some fluff - what they are, what they look like, what's their agenda, etc.)

Rilmani are, as you pointed out, the Neutral Aligned Outsider. Their home plane is The Outlands and they tend to live close to The Spire. In 2nd Edition, they looked like elderly humans. In 3rd Edition, they looks like walking blobs of jelly. Personally, I'd stick with the 2nd ed look, but that's just me. :smalltongue:

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-04-02, 02:11 PM
Ad 2)

Short story:
They are from the Outlands and are thus neutral aligned focusing on keeping the balance.

More information can be found in the Fiend Folio or on the Spoooooooky board. (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=138202)

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ff_gallery/50089.jpg

Assassinfox
2007-04-02, 02:48 PM
Like I said. Walking blobs of jelly.

EDIT: Okay, very well formed walking blobs of jelly. :smalltongue: