PDA

View Full Version : Skaiastolen: Homestuck in Fate Accelerated

JetpackJimmy
2015-01-17, 07:50 PM
Hello! You all know the drill!

OOC Thread Here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?393584-Skaiastolen-Homestuck-in-Fate-Accelerated-OOC-Thread&p=18674025#post18674025

Character Sheets:

Name: Alice Marine (SincereMailman)
High Concept: WITCH of RAGE
Dreamer Type: (Not actually sure, depends what’s left?)
Strife Deck: Puppetkind
Trouble: Obsesses Over Details
Aspect: Mania
Aspect: Technology
Aspect: Puppets. God why, the puppets.
Stunt: Plays With Roles (Alice is experienced at playing different parts, whether it be literally pretending to be somebody else, using an alternate persona, or creating a character)

Intro: You are a fantastic ROLE PLAYER, HARDCORE GAMER, and MECHANIC EXTRODINARE. You spend vast swaths of time playing games and doing AEROBIC EXERCISES, however you are TERRIBLE AT FISTICUFFS, a fact that you are mocked for by your BOXING LEGEND SISTER. With a vast collection of PUPPETS and COSTUMES, you create miniature worlds to escape and test the bounds of your creativity.

Experience with online interactions and technology allows you the luxury of several beloved friends to share these worlds with, which is good because you never go outside, you send your MECHANICAL PUPPETS to do those things for you. You also like to give your friends GIFTS of various sorts, although usually at the WORST POSSIBLE MOMENT.

Within your group of friends, you tend to play the role of ARBITER and MEDIATOR. This is despite your tendency to SHAMELESSLY LIE, or your tendency to get caught up in an ALL COMSUMING HATRED. You hide the mental instability by pretending to go offline when too out of control, and maintaining FACADES when that is not an option.

You have managed to get your hands on a special new game, and distribute it to your friends, called SBURB. You might be LYING about being the one to obtain and distribute this game, or you might not. Regardless, this game is right up your alley, creating a whole new world and expanding stuff within it. Or something like that. You can never deny a CHALLENGE, and this looks to be the greatest challenge yet.

Clever +3
Forceful +2
Flashy +2
Quick +1
Sneaky +1
Careful +0

Name: Abby (abigael) Miller
Chumhandle:
Classpect: Seer of Time
Dreamer Type: Derse
Strife: Scalpelkind

High Concept: Organized Aspiring Scientist
Trouble aspect: Obsessive Control Freak
Aspect: Amateur musican
Aspect: Would be artist
Aspect: Enjoy puzzles

You are ABBY MILLER

You have a varierty of interests showing though a variety of object which are NOt threwn all over your room. Your room is neat and tidied up. You aren't a neat freak or anything like that but believe ORGANISATION is important in one life, clean room clean spirit. To make sure you are laway up to date and ready you keep up a series of MULTICOLORED STICKY NOTES.

You enjoy TICKLING THE IVORIES. You wish you had a real piano, it would be so much more dignified to play on and you heard the real one have a sound that can"t be quiteimitated by eletronics but for now have to do with your TRUSTY OLD SYNTH. You have published a few piees of music ont eh internet.
You have been known to play a few games. You have tried your hand to strategy game, you are actualy semi decent at chess but don't play it all tht much because you have other things to do altogether. You also enjoy drawing, though truth be told you aren't very good at it. On computers you ocasionaly play gestion and building game.

You are decently well read but not exceptionaly so, you actualy find reading gets boring quick if you dodn't do it in little doses. You do quite enjoy fiction, SCIENCE FICTION actualy though a lot mkes yous scoff because some of it strikes you as prepsoterous.

In the accademics, you have a certain love for the SCIENCES (well or at least what passes for it at junior high-high school level). You are genuinely CURIOUS about a lot of things and when something apprently doesn't make sense you want to leanr what makes it ticks so it'll fit into your vision of the world.
You partiulary enjoy BIOLOGY. You have a few books on the subject and it's one of the school classes you score the higher. You have actualy performed a few dissections at school and haven't shied away from blood nor felt any unease looking inside (no matter how messy inards may be, though you did spend more time than any kids in scrubing the lab to make sure it was clean afteward), you find the way such a fascination on how the small brick of life can fit harmonously together to form such a well oiled machine that is the living body.

You live in a perfectly pretty normal (albit rather large, your family certainly isn't wanting) modern flat with your SLOB OF A HIPPY OLDER SISTER. You don't get along. Truth be told you don't see much of her you don't see much of her as she keep most of her time in her room. But you definitively see her presence though the messes she leaves. That and the faint smell (some kind of insence ?) and the BOUDHA STATUES she leaves everywhere. how you hate the bodhas
Having given up the pretense to ever inject sense through direct confrontation you just clean up and reply by leaving your trusty sticky notes and hope they'll be taken in acount. You swear to god you have to organize everything about the house if you want anythting to get done. If you weren't here to give the occasional cleaning and shouting this place would quickly become a dive.

Careful: +1
Clever : +3
Flashy: +2
Forceful: +1
Quick: +2
Sneaky: +0

Stunts:
-Because she enjoy figuring thing out, sometie to the point of obsession, Abby gets a +2 to Celverly understanding patterns, riddles and puzzles as long s she can concentrate without ans think too much interuption

Because she is highly organised and focussed, Abby can figur a method to do certain tasks, which givs her +2 to Quickly do certain tasks if she had time to proprely prepare for it.

Name: Dan Oakwood
Chumhandle: unseelieScientist
Title: Heir of Life
Dreamer Type: Prospit
Strife Specibus: Robotkind
Description: A borderline-insane teenager with an obsession with building robot swarms.

Spoiler: Character Intro
Hide
Your name is DAN OAKWOOD.

You are an experienced ROBOTICIST, a self-proclaimed MAD SCIENTIST, and probably should wash your hair. Your room is surrounded by the little hives of robot creatures you make. You live in SEATTLE, WASHINGTON, in a CRAMPED DWELLING, which suits you just fine, as you have an INSIDIOUS TUNNELHOME drilled underneath by your ROBOTIC MINIONS. You are oddly personable, but you have been LOOKING FOR TROUBLE ever since you started building combat robots. You want nothing more than to have an EXCUSE to test out your VERY DANGEROUS DEVICES.

Spoiler: Guardian
Hide
Your older sister is one of DUBIOUS ACQUAINTANCE. She scraps parts from local junkyards to build a TERRIFYING SUIT. This device would give UTTER STRENGTH to your sister, and arm her with utter power. She is a MEGALOMANIAC and a BRILLIANT DOCTOR, aged 27. She sees you as a ERSTWHILE ALLY and TRUSTED CONFIDANT. She has become fascinated with a MYSTERIOUS PLAYTHING, known as SBURB.

Spoiler: Mechanics
Hide
High Concept: Mad Roboticist
Trouble: My Friends Aren’t Crazy
Aspect: Twisted Sister
Aspect: Very Dangerous Arrays
Aspect: Looking for Trouble

Approaches:
Quick: +3
Flashy: +2
Forceful: +2
Sneaky: +0
Flashy: +1
Clever: +1

Stunts:

Because I’ve got my Very Dangerous Laser Array in hand, I get a +2 when I Quickly annihilate a threat.

Because I’m Just Crazy Enough, I can modify my inventions once per session to accomplish a specific goal.

Name: Lucia Eaglehart
Chumhandle: falseMirror
Title: Thief of Light
Strife Specibus: MagicianKind (batons, cards, hats, firecrackers, cloths, rabbits, pigeons...)
Description: A strong willed maiden, who has spent most of her life traveling around the globe.
Spoiler: Character Intro
Hide

Your name is LUCIA EAGLEHART.

You are a an experienced GLOBETROTTER, having traveled for much of you life with your older brother; through which you've gathered an impressive COLLECTION OF ESOTERICA from the many places you've visited. Your INTERESTS include MYTHS AND LEGENDS, GOOD FOOD, and the wonders of STAGE MAGIC. While traveling often use your SLEIGHT OF HAND, and CULINARY ARTS to impress and delight your neighbors; though failing that your EXUBERANCE and STUBBORNNESS are sure to break whatever ice remains, as you are not one to be ignored unless you have a few SHENANIGANS afoot. Anything to liven up the place. You do confess that sometimes you can take a joke or prank a BIT too far, but it's all in good humor and rarely done with any TRUE malice.

Though you have a LOVE for animals, your travels have made keeping most pets nonviable; so you appease your inner ANIMAL TAMER through AMPLE amounts of PLUSH CRITTERS which keep you company, and the occasional pigeon brought in for your acts. In your youth you often tried to traffic animal companions you made during your stays, but somehow your ALL-SEEING brother always found them in the end; leading you to hone your GUILE and SHOWMANSHIP in, so far, futile attempts of outwitting him. For now you've had the luxury to train your latest and most BRILLIANT avian assistant, his name is Mortimer; and while you have a feeling he's in it for the seeds, rather than the ARTS, he's been nothing less than a loyal assistant and companion thus far.

Despite your frequent travels you have somehow managed to befriend several diverse individuals, who have helped you maintain your sanity and enriched your life. Today is the day you and your friends will embark on your greatest journey yet, to CONQUER the game known as SBURB. You are not sure what to expect, but that just makes the ordeal all the more EXCITING.

Spoiler: Guardian
Hide

Your big brother is THE NICEST GUY you know; all sweet and charming, making sure you know he cared and had plenty of room to grow into "the WONDERFUL young lady he knows you'll be". Not to mention his COOKING is simply DIVINE, all but ruining cafeteria food for you; and inadvertently leading you to pick up a few of his recipes for your own sanity. In fact, sometimes you think your brother might be TOO nice.

You know he's some kind of wandering chef or something, but in your younger days you just knew there has to be SOMETHING more going on. It started around the time someone tried to mug the two of you, and yet after talking with your brother the man not only APOLOGIZED for disturbing both of you; but also gave you guys a lift when your rental wouldn't start. You SWEAR you've even seen SMALL WOODLAND CREATURES helping him do chores around the house while singing, and there was definitely something fishy about the time he calmed down a ESCAPED TIGER with nothing more than a plate of tuna fish sandwiches and a smile.

Moreover it's IMPOSSIBLE to lie to the man, and though you've honed your skills; you've managed little more than to DELAY THE INEVITABLE. THe young man always seems to know when you've done something wrong, yet he doesn't say anything; he just STARES at you with this KNOWING GAZE until his unspoken disappointment CRUSHES all resistance, leaving all QUIVERING in shame as they confess to their wrong doing. Thankfully the man is quick to forgive and assists in making amends; better yet such sessions are usually followed by SCRUMPTIOUS baked goods which quickly soothe the soul.

Though the years haven't turn up much evidence either way.

Spoiler: Mechanics
Hide
High Concept: Mistress of Misdirection
Trouble: Terrible Tease
Aspect: Passionate World Traveler
Aspect: "Wait 'till you see this!"
Aspect: "It's not about what you say/do, it's all about how you say/do it."

Approaches:
Careful +1
Clever +3
Flashy +2
Forceful +0
Quick +1
Sneaky +2

Stunts:

Bag of Tricks: Your love for stage magic, and years of attempting to circumvent your brother's gaze grant you a +2 bonus to all tests to distract, or conceal something from others.
Luminous Whispers: The Light guides and protects it's chosen Heroes, granting a +2 bonus to tests when participating in a high risk situation or one whose result is largely up to chance.
Smoke and Mirrors: Through invoking your Aspect through your Class you may spend a Fate point to 'steal' a truth; generating a strong and believable illusion in it's place.

Name:Brad Coddington
Chumhandle: withoutExcellence
Classpect: Bard of Hope
Strife: Hammerkind/Trophykind
Description: Brad stands at almost six feet tall. He is fairly thin built. He's got medium length blonde hair, which is swept neatly back into a half-assed pompadour.
High Concept: Self Proclaimed Hero
Trouble: Pride-bound
Aspect: Boastful
Aspect: Fearless
Aspect: No ones as slick, No ones as quick, No ones neck is as incredibly thick

Careful: +0
Clever: +1
Flashy: +3
Forceful: +2
Quick: +2
Sneaky: +1

Stunts: Because I love to show off I get +2 when I Flashily Attack someone who's been talkin' trash.
Because of my connection with hope, I can spend a fate point to deal a far more damaging attack than I could normally muster, when fighting against odds.
The combination of Bard and Hope allows me to instill confidence in those around me, giving me a +2 when trying to convince people to conquer their fears.

Family Member: Mother
House:Brick Bay-and-Gable house. Think the tall but skinny houses often portrayed in San Francisco. Room contains a bed and dresser of course, as well as a bookcase not covered in books, but in various nondescript trophies (as Brad is a renaissance man and dabbles in everything). Other items of interest would include a mounted buck head in the living room, and various construction supplies in a currently unfinished room.
Device for Pesterchum: Generic totally-not-an-ipod mp3/4 player.

Name: Clair Newolf
Chumhandle: roboticBallerina
Title: Knight of Space
Dreamer Type: Prospit (I think as the Hero of Space she's awake already)
Strife Specibus: Crossbowkind
Fetch Modus
Description:
Spoiler: Clair
Show

High Concept: Ballerina in Training
Trouble: Prone to Bleeding
Aspect: Easily embarrassed
Aspect: Thoughtful
Aspect: Claustrophobia

Approaches:
Careful +3
Clever +1
Flashy +2
Forceful +1
Quick +2
Sneaky +0

Stunts:
My Training as a Ballerina gives me a +2 when I carefully preform dances
As a knight it is my job to protect the rest of the group. Therefore I get +2 when I quickly defend for another person (Not sure if you can defend for someone else, so let me know if I need to change this, Also, I might need to specify the opponent's approach to the attack)
Because of my connection with space I can spend a fate point to warp the space in front of me, allowing me and my allies to move faster.

((I'm going to propose we use regular posts for short Pesterchums, and longer conversations we do in real time on program!Pesterchum.))

Alright, gang. You're in your homes, and you are going to begin your adventure. Pop in Sburb?

Dan steals his sister's copy of Sburb, and Pesterchums Clair and the rest of the group.

US: Clair. I totally just got a copy of Sburb from my sister. Client or server?
US: Hey, Brad, get your friends. We're playing.
US: Actually, could we contact anyone? We need six people. Maybe the magician girl?

JetpackJimmy
2015-01-17, 09:26 PM
US: Actually, kill that. We need a sixth player. What are you guys doing, I guess?Does anyone know anyone?

SpaceClown
2015-01-18, 07:23 AM
WE: what magician girl? you mean fm?

JetpackJimmy
2015-01-18, 10:27 AM
US: Yeah. Her. Nice to see you, Brad. Alice is ready. Is everyone ready to pop this sucker in?

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-01-18, 10:45 AM
SM: Yeah, locked and ready to go. We're gonna be synchronized this time, right?
SM: No Shenanigans?

JetpackJimmy
2015-01-18, 11:01 AM
US: Shenanigans? What?
US: Anyway. I've got my copy ready. My sister's out doing her thing. You know. Evil robot stuff.
US: Alice, client or server?
US: Actually, we should probably establish that. Dibs on server.
US: That's the best one anyway.
US: Anyone who'd choose client's a sucker.

smuchmuch
2015-01-18, 11:23 AM
SB: if that's all the same with everyone I'd rather make sure here will be no shenanigans indeed.
SB: No setbacks, no wrinkles, no monkey wrenches, no jacknapes, no hitches.
SB: And .No .Excuses
SB: We are NOT repeating the "Linecraft" thing
SB: That's why we're having this log, to iron out the details
SB: If everyone remind their time zone and when they have time, we can put on a timetable that'll fit everyone.
SB: And .We .Stick .To .It
SB: It's best for everyone that way
SB: And don't you get the two disks with each game ?
SB: But I will be a server

JetpackJimmy
2015-01-18, 11:29 AM
US: Irrelevant. Linecraft was just a poorly designed, awful game unworthy of play. Nothing to do with me. At all.
US: But what were you saying about time zones?

smuchmuch
2015-01-18, 11:42 AM
SB: I had fun on our thought our server. Before...
SB: (You know who you are and what you did)
SB: Anyway, from what I've read on a few forum posts about the early game
SB: The game need the Server and Clients to connect around the same time, right ?
SB: It would be stupid to have someone install the game in the middle of the afternoon only to realise their client is going to bed because it's evening
SB: If memory serves some of you live pretty far
SB: Not to mention *someone* is never in the same place.
SB: (Not criticizing girl, it's awesome you get to travel so much.)
SB: I'm on the West coast personaly

Since we're making thing up as we go the 'Linecraft' thing is meant as noodle incident (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NoodleIncident) deal. I'm rather fond of those so feel free to ingore or bounce on them.

The character may live in the American' West coast but the player actualy live in Western europe.

I'm not suggesting we necessarily account for timezones as a problem Ic, BTW, (probably better to jsut eyeball it). It's just feel it's in her nature for my character as both a future time player and hyper organized obsessive person to worry aout that

Also I'll try to have her make smaller block of text. per post, sorry, trying to cram as much speech as I can per post bit of an habbit I took in other PBP game

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-01-18, 12:32 PM
SM: I hardly think we need to be 'that' formal. But to have it out there, I'm under da sea. Like Ariel.
SM: Now, I'm not 100% on how everything works with this. So I'll trust you calling server to understand that.
SM: Tempted to call client just as a counterpoint.
SM: Besides, if everyone calls Server, we're gonna get nowhere.
SM: So yeah, client. I'll be the 'sucker'.

JetpackJimmy
2015-01-18, 01:11 PM
US: Alright. SM. Want to pair up?
US: I'm in Seattle, if it matters.
US: We read the GameBro review, right?
US: It's hilarious.
US: Seriously. Pick it up. What I gathered, though, was that it's kind of weird.
US: Also, I read TentacleTherapist's walkthrough, and holy crap. We're all ready for a fight, right? I suspect this game's going to get brutally hard.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-01-18, 01:21 PM
SM: Yeah, I've read the guide, but not the Gamebro review. Link me up on that, Gamebro always has the 'interesting' reviews.
SM: I didn't even know Gamebro knew about Sburb.
SM: I've got Bunny and Dolly ready, and we're ready for any challenge.
SM: Link me up.

JetpackJimmy
2015-01-18, 01:52 PM
US: My Very Dangerous Arrays of all types are primed and ready! Linked.
US: I found this thing called a Cruxtruder.
US: I'm going to smash it into your couch, is that cool?
US: Weirdest loading screen I've ever seen, by the way.
US: So, yeah. I can see your house, I guess?
US: What the heck is this game?

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-01-18, 02:08 PM
SM: Wait, which couch? Me and my sister have a bit of a RIVALRY, so long as it isn't in my wing of the house, mess up whatever the hell you want.
SM: Though if you're able to mess around with the stuff in the house, maybe mess with her TVR set, she'd have some fun seeing something silly, and wouldn't be able to blame me.
SM: For once.
SM: Probably wouldn't stop her.
SM: What the hell's a Cruxtruder anyway? Some kind of blending machine, I think?
SM: Also, Hell, not Heck. Least I'm gonna say hell.

JetpackJimmy
2015-01-18, 02:20 PM
US: It's her couch, don't worry.
US: It's ticking.
US: There's a clock.
US: Is that bad?

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-01-18, 02:28 PM
SM: The clock might mean you're in my area.
SM: What does it look like?
SM: She doesn't like ticking clocks, so it's probably mine. I like old school stuff.
SM: Only ticker is ol reliable, right in my room, so tell me what it looks like and I'll let you know if she stole one, or
SM: Wait.
SM: I think my brain hasn't processed this.
SM: You can see in my house?
SM: You can see in my ROOM?

JetpackJimmy
2015-01-18, 02:29 PM
US: Yeah, and the cruxtruder is ticking. There's a digital clock on it.
US: Seriously.
US: More pressing matters.
US: Is.
US: This.
US: Bad?

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-01-18, 02:44 PM
SM: Oh, a digital clock on the Cruxtruder. That makes sense.
SM: For a second I thought you could, like, just directly look around my messy room, and at 'me'.
SM: Scared the hell out of me, that one.
SM: Don't know what I'd do, then. Might freak.
SM: Anyway, I'm not actually sure if it's bad. I know this is a time limit game, and we need to hurry up.
SM: But I'm, kind of having no idea what to do. Pulling up the Gamebro review now though.
SM: Or do we not have enough time for that?

JetpackJimmy
2015-01-18, 03:05 PM
US: I'm seeing a glowy head in my room and in yours. The guide said it's a kernelsprite. Put something in!

Dan throws a battlebot named Cavalrider into the glowing head, creating Cavalsprite. Cavalsprite is a ghostly figure with a tail, multiple fist-arms, and a single, giant eye.

US: This is really frickin' weird. But awesome!

US: What's the review say?

Pesterchum conversation continued here: http://edupad.ch/Alice---3EENTER

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-01-18, 03:35 PM
SM: Oh great, more eyes.
SM: Another peeping, spooky eye, least I can see this one staring at me.
SM: Also, wasn't there something about being careful about what you toss into the sprite?
SM: Like, crap I'm just so spooked at being exposed like this that it's making my brain go fuzzy.
SM: Prototyping the Egg Knight just like that seems like the type of thing to have ramifications.

I do feel like since it ballooned, we should Continue It Here (http://edupad.ch/Alice---3EENTER) so that we don't actually clog up the thread with a bunch of small posts about the game. It'd probably go smoother anyway.
Also posting link here so archive bingers have a place to link in and continue the path.

SpaceClown
2015-01-18, 09:33 PM
WE: alright sb. ill pair off with you, i guess.
WE: i want client. this sounds way too cool to miss out on.

Regalus
2015-01-20, 07:45 PM
FM: GREETINGS AND SALUTATIONS EVERYONE! ^_^
FM: Seems you've all been busy bees while I was afk 0_0
FM:Let's see what we got're...
FM:Sweet! So all of us got the game then awesome! ^_^
FM: SB: Aw...comon buddy! Don't tell me you're still on about that, it was ages ago! <3
FM: 'Sides you gota admit, it was a little funny :'D
FM: Any way, no issues on my end.
FM: We got a three day holiday over here so curfew's not an issue~ :3
FM: Hmm... going by the Time Stamps I'm guessing SM and US are hogging all the fun. :/
FM: WE I'd be willing to server ya,
FM:And SB you could have the honor of being my server if ya like.
FM: What do you guys say, shall we get this ball on the road?

SpaceClown
2015-01-20, 09:12 PM
WE: sounds good to me. i just wanna get in
WE: so uh. i should be ready in like a minute. just start your servermagic up whenever.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-01-20, 11:00 PM
SM: I've got a lot to deal with right now, got my butt up to my neck in clowns right now.
SM: I don't think I said that right, but w/e.
SM: Point is, he's being kind of a jerk about this. Moreso than usual.
SM: So don't worry it's not all fun and games over here.
SM: Well, it's all games but no fun, to be precise.

SpaceClown
2015-01-21, 12:44 AM
WE: sm you need a doctor or something?
WE: that aint where your butt is supposed to be.

JetpackJimmy
2015-01-21, 11:47 AM
US: First off, the clowns are perfectly innocent. I was merely optimizing your game.

Dan whispers, unaware he forgot to close Skype, and everyone can hear him. "Yes, Cavalrider! You will get blood! Once Operation: Threering is a-go, they will ALL PERISH!

US: So, yeah. SM, I'm not a jerk.
US: Also, WE. What's up?
US: Haven't seen you in a while.
US: And, FM! Hey!

SpaceClown
2015-01-21, 12:08 PM
WE: not much man. just waitin for someone to get me in game.
WE: it sounds like an adventure for sure

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-01-21, 03:38 PM
SM: These clowns are wrecking my house!
SM: Going through my SECRET ITEMS without nary a care is hardly 'optimizing', unless you'd care to explain that to me?
SM: I feel 'so' exposed right now.
SM: Thank hell only you're looking at this.
SM: That is right, right? The server is the only one that can see me?
SM: Least I can blame US for this mess and shift responsibility off of myself.

JetpackJimmy
2015-01-21, 08:16 PM
US: That is correct, but I think you're being pretty ungrateful about the helpful clowns.
US: Everyone else, I recommend you prepare for battle.
US: As my fantasy books would say, gird your loins.
US: But seriously. Who says that?

smuchmuch
2015-01-21, 11:01 PM
Abby's room

Abby cracks her finger and opens her desk drawer for her usual note taking aparatus. White stickies and aper for general notes about the game, pink stickie and paper for reminders and codes and yellow stikies and paper for timetables, strategy and time mangemeent. Black ink for general commets, blue ink for temporary comments, red pen for the urgent and important stuff. t does wonder to find everything back. Except she's all out of pink paper.

Surely it must be in her closet , along with her trusty backup stickys and her old biology schoolbooks (she kept a few from ealrier years in case she wanted to reread some information of importance in a pinch)

It's not... where is her pink paper ?!

Five minutes later that over dozens of updates whih while apparently pointless contained the baiss for many hilarious future runing gag, subttle ominious foreshadowing,& tons of charactrisation and even two short flash animations, boy you should have seen it.

Abby slams the door to her room back with a huff.
Okay so she may have got a little carried way here but all that drama and agrieving wouldn't happen so much if the slob had respected her privacy. It's her pink paper and it is for important time keeping duties, not art projects ! .. Okay so some of those orgamis we're cool, particulary the one with the two birds, she kind of whish she had half that talent. Still she should have asked

Althrough those coordinated maps of ithe local with the dates and places of meteor impacts over the years we're cool. First time Abby see those but if sis was to use her time to become a star chasser rather or a full fleged painter rather than drawing half baked sketches and collecting all this new age... junk, she could borrow all the supply she need.

Well anyhow she has all her supplies now. Abby sits on her chair, dos a little spin (because it's one of these fancy twirling chair nad who honnestly can resist doing a little spin when you sit in one of those , Not Abby for sure, weee !) and then stops.

Back to the log

>SB: ....
>SB: You know if it wasn't US and SM we're talking about here, I'd say something along the line of :
>SB: "I'd hate to be rude or blunt but are you both on acid ?"
>SB: But with these two, it is if they started to sound sane for once that I'd be worried
>SB: (Seriously guy do you realise .just .how .crazy you are sounding ?)
>SB: I know you love your roleplay but you could keep your stories about clowns and balls of light for .A .Private .Channel ?
>SB: .As .Well .As .Your .Spoilers
>SB: You know bow much I enjoy figuring a new game out from scrath, all it's nooks and cranny. I even kept myself away from most FAQs for this.
>SB: And you started already before we all agreed
>SB: I can understand being enthusiastic, guys, I'm really looking foward to this too
>SB: Its still no reason to be inconsiderate
>SB:... and I don't think anyone says that ever. you have some weird books

Abby shakes her head. Ah well, it seem they're having fun, so she guess the game is good.

>SB: Anyhow, hello FM, how you doing ?
>SB: Its a deal, I shall be your server.
>SB: Just let me a couple of minutes, to set my checklist.
>SB: It 'll be barely a few seconds: I'll ping you when I'm ready

Abby comes a little too absessive in this update I have to say, she does have a less stuck up side.

Going to bed for tonight, ready to start a 'private' log if you want tomorow evening, Regalus

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-01-22, 06:44 PM
SM: Nonono, trust me, this is not something you want to be blind to.
SM: I love picking things apart, but I'm wanting to know much more.
SM: This isn't some joke, I'm actually knee deep in puppet ass right now, US like, shipped three dozen clowns over here.
SM: And this isn't in the cool way like the Harlequin Walpurgis.
SM: The clowns are literally tearing my house apart. Not to mention ruining the WARDROBE.
SM: I am the most serious right now. I can't just click a button a
SM: Hold on.
SM: I want to try something.

Clarkson
2015-01-22, 09:28 PM
RB: Wait, you guys think I'm still willing to game with you?
RB: I thought I made my stance clear after last time.
RB: So unless someone's life depends on it, you can leave me out of it.

SpaceClown
2015-01-23, 07:41 AM
WE: hey rb look im sorry.
WE: no im not it was still pretty funny.
WE: why not just launch as a client? maybe itll let you play alone.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-01-23, 03:13 PM
SM: Progress report.
SM: These things can be controlled. To a degree.
SM: Piloting them individually is hard, and I don't know if i can even deactivate.
SM: I can't even keep the clown down, much less a horde of clowns.
SM: I could probably get them linked up, if I could get to my War Drove.
SM: But that's in my WARDROBE, way out of the way.
SM: I think you're supposed to help me build stairs, or some such things, to help me get to it?

SM: Also trust me you guys, this is getting hectic. And as mad as I sound, I'm actually haven fun.
SM: Kinda.

JetpackJimmy
2015-01-23, 04:02 PM
US: They can be controlled? Really? That's good. Ish.
US: Well, then. I guess I could build stairs.
US: I just don't know how.
US: It seems awful complicated.

Dan leaves his computer chair again and begins playing something on a NintenBro Handheld. He is clearly visible on his webcam.

US: Oh. Yeah. What were you saying? Hatching eggs.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-01-23, 11:22 PM
SM: I think I'm beginning to form some ideas about what might be going on.
SM: Once others get into the game, I'd be perfectly willing to try to offer advice.

Momentarily, Alice sits in her chair, pulling her hair and curled up and letting out something of a feral snarl, before taking a deep breath.

SM: Okay. Things are cool.
SM: Everything is cool.
SM: Do you think any of those Pikminz or whatever you're hatching out of those eggs.
SM: I forget what they are.
SM: Anyway.
SM: Can they help this situation any, or are you just overtly ignoring me now?

SM: Whatever. Looking at this, to build stuff, we need resources, like Grist.
SM: So that's a problem.

JetpackJimmy
2015-01-24, 10:33 AM
US: You seem to have this grist thing under control.

Dan looks even more insufferably smug than usual.

US: Imma go and work on my Duel Monsters. So, yeah. You do that.
US: How do we get grist, I guess?

He begins to whisper. "...I know exactly how to get Grist! Fool~!"

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-01-26, 03:31 AM
SM: I, I think that if you were going to just play that, we could have done this game another time.
SM: Though I'm honestly probably better off without the meddling.
SM: I'm not even sure.
SM: Actively fighting these things, is doing something?
SM: I don't even know anymore.
SM: Anybody else anywhere in the game, that can help me out? At least if I ask US to do something overtly he 'might' do it.

Regalus
2015-01-26, 09:40 AM
FM: Sorry for the AFK, bro made cookies
FM: They cannot be denied.
FM: Anyway, booting up my Server and CLient discs;
FM: shouldn't be too hard to multitask

SpaceClown
2015-01-26, 10:59 AM
WE: aw yeah.
WE: im so ready to smack around some..puppets?
WE: whatever well figure it out.
WE: boot it up whenever man. im gonna go use the bathroom before ive got eyes on me

JetpackJimmy
2015-01-26, 05:50 PM
Um, SM, the Cruxtruder is ticking downward, and you notice that there is a Cruxite Dowel just out of your reach. What Approach will you roll to defeat or evade the clowns?

As for all of you, once you have a client-server connection up, setting up your Totem Lathes and Cruxtruders are all priorities. Feel free to look this stuff up on the MSPAWiki!

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-01-26, 10:23 PM
The aforementioned use of the remote control to control the clowns, albeit one at a time, is probably the best use to disable and delay them. I can Capitchalogue them in my Feris Wheel Sylladex, and eject them in different directions as I go for another one to disable, primarily because the Sylladex will run out of room if I fill it with nothing but Clowns. Preferably ejecting the clowns out of windows, or down stairs, or into other clowns, to get them off the scene. Using Bonnie, the Bunny, from the Strife axis, the animatronic larger than myself to carry me, move me towards the Dowel, and to grab it for me with it's much longer arms.

Approach is Clever, using my cleverness with the mechanics of puppets to rapid fire perform the actions, and not needing physical exertion by being carried and remote controlling the blue rabbit as well.

JetpackJimmy
2015-01-27, 12:14 PM
The clowns resist at Mediocre [+0]. Roll it.

http://ethanfudgedice.appspot.com

The Harlequin Brigade rolls a 2.

Roll again at a target of 3 for getting all that stuff done.

The Clown Horde has the Aspect: Maddeningly Erratic
The room has the Aspect: Cluttered and Shaken Up

Want to spend any Fate Points to invoke any aspects of yours or theirs?

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-01-27, 04:37 PM
Well first let's see how successful this approach is, get a basic roll in the system out of the way so I can try my hand, and see how it is. Clever is +3.

[roll0]

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-01-27, 04:39 PM
Simply adding an ooc that my roll is 4 total, not 1 total, because Clever adds +3, and I don't want to touch the dice post cause if I touch it the roll will neutralize.

JetpackJimmy
2015-01-27, 06:10 PM
You succeed in controlling the Harlequins, one at a time.
Kickass! :D

Second roll?

US: What are you doing with my clowns?!
US: YOU INCORRIGIBLE DUMP.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-01-29, 12:46 AM
SM: Simple!
SM: Making, them
SM: HELP

[roll0]
+3 Clever

JetpackJimmy
2015-01-29, 08:20 AM
It works. You reprogram the clowns simply and effectively, one by one.

US: INCORRIGIBLE! THOSE ARE MY CLOWNS!
US: MY CLOWNS!
US: MY DARN CLOWNS!
US: MY GOSH-DARN CLOWNS!
US: I BUILT THEM! PROBABLY!
US: GAH!

Dan's glasses fall off for a second, and he hastily corrects them.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-01-29, 09:49 AM
SM: Yeah!
SM: You make em, I take em!
SM: That's how it's always been.
SM: Now, what is this thing.
SM: Hold on, lemme get something.

Alice goes off and puts on her Scouter, that'll give readings of approximately what items are and what they do. Probably. Flicking it on, and examining the dowel, while putting some effort to maintaining control of her new clowns.

SM: Okay.
SM: The scouter says this is a 'Cruxtrudel Dowel'.
SM: Whatever that means.
SM: Now, what am I supposed to do with it...

JetpackJimmy
2015-01-29, 04:11 PM
US: I'm pretty sure that's a CRUXITE dowel, plebian.
US: ...according to the guide.

Dan plops down the Totem Lathe on top of the bed of his client player.

US: Hope that wasn't important!

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-01-29, 07:01 PM
SM: Yeah, this scouter has a tendency to add or subtract syllables at random.
SM: Just remember that this ‘Plebane’ consistently wrecks your butt.
SM: Just like now.
SM: Just like always.

Alice looks over at the now crushed bed. Of course he was going to act out, and now in a way that could actually wreck her stuff. She quickly changed the scouter to label it CRUXITE, in all caps specifically.

SM: The jury's still out if having you be my Server is better or worse than simply not having a Server.

JetpackJimmy
2015-01-30, 04:38 PM
US: I wonder what all our friends are doing...

US: Nonetheless, I'm the best Server. In every way. I'm not fully sure what it is, but I'm best at it.

Dan looks at one of his Very Dangerous Arrays, a collection of floating robot drones, each with one laser-burning eye.

He begins to pet it, and whispers. "Soon, I'll turn these lasers on all of you, and I'll never, ever, ever, ever, ever, have to put up with your questioning ever again..."

US: ....Crud. I really need to turn off my webcam at this point.

US: So, um, what were you saying?

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-02-01, 08:58 PM
SM: Something about trying to figure out how this works.
SM: Apparently I use this to create an item, which I can clone a bunch of whatever I want.
SM: Provided I can stuff one of it into the card and punch it.
SM: Or whatever.
SM: The decision is very important, so I know I've gotta get it right.
SM: Thankfully, there's several candidates.

JetpackJimmy
2015-02-02, 12:59 PM
US: Such as?

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-02-09, 01:47 PM
SM: Well, there's raw materials. We could do those.
SM: Cloth, metal, gears. Hats.
SM: Everybody loves hats.
SM: But what kind?
SM: Or maybe something that can be more weaponized.
SM: Then again, with my devices, cloth 'is' a controllable substance.
SM: Like a… cloth elemental.
SM: I think I have a few things in particular.
SM: Any color preferences? Heh.

JetpackJimmy
2015-02-09, 02:31 PM
US: Do whatever you want with your inferior robot-a-like. I'll just go and build an ACTUAL robot in that time.

[Success on Clever skill roll]

US begins bolting legs to a ball of motors and gears. He plugs various cables into some ports, and the device begins to babble incoherently. It looks like a cross between a spider and a shoggoth.

Dan holds the machine to the webcam.

US: I call him Dexter! What do you think? He's pretty cute, right? I bet he could fight like, ten SBURB players. Assuming that he was in my Land, of course.

Dan begins to hesitate.

US: By the way, there's no need to assume it was built for that. It's a translator. Really.
US: Does your little cloth golem have anything cool going on? Probably not, but you know, let's see.