PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Dwarven Seer Build

ChronoDetective
2015-01-17, 10:18 PM
Hello, I have been lurking here for a while both on the 3.5 and 5e boards and I need some help now. My previous character, a light cleric, didn't mesh well with the group due to RP differences so my Dm has allowed me to make a new character and I wanted to go with the idea of a wizened knowledgeable Dwarf Seer. Definitely I will be a Hill Dwarf hermit but my questions to the Playground are these.

1. Divination Wizard or Knowledge Cleric?

2. Should I multiclass into the other?

3. If so then how many levels of each?

We are starting at level 3 with 300 gold to spend on starting items. The other players are all human, one is a fighter/rouge with hand crossbows (Dm approved), another is a champion fighter with a halberd, and last is a berserker barbarian. I want to be the utility/knowledge guy; the others have the damage to protect me.

Ashrym
2015-01-17, 10:56 PM
I do my seer builds with lore bards and the sage background. Expertise in history, nature, arcana, and religion. Proficiency in perception, persuasion, insight, and usually investigation. The proficiencies can be trained skill or a sixth sense for flavor. Bardic inspiration dice can also be flavored as glimpses of future insight.

It's easy to load up on divinations and magical secrets can provide more from other lists.

Jlooney
2015-01-18, 01:14 AM
Just by what your party consists of, you're going to be in a lot of combat in close quarters. I'd go the cleric way just so you guys don't end up as a smear on the ground. That is unless your DM has said it's ok to buy the metric-****ton of healing potions. I know you just came from a cleric but you could always do another, I've found that a cleric is vastly different with each domain they choose, even if the spells aren't.

I'm sure your party would also appreciate a cleric.

Ashrym
2015-01-18, 01:43 AM
Just by what your party consists of, you're going to be in a lot of combat in close quarters. I'd go the cleric way just so you guys don't end up as a smear on the ground. That is unless your DM has said it's ok to buy the metric-****ton of healing potions. I know you just came from a cleric but you could always do another, I've found that a cleric is vastly different with each domain they choose, even if the spells aren't.

I'm sure your party would also appreciate a cleric.

Or the group could use one of several alternatives to a cleric. They aren't necessary at all.

Chadamantium
2015-01-18, 08:05 AM
My vote is for wizard. Replacing rolls for your seer abilities plus all the utility of being a wizard.

Shining Wrath
2015-01-18, 09:22 AM
Lore Bard with healing spells, a healer's kit, and lots of skills.

BTW, a dwarven Bard must be a rock musician. So let it be written; so let it be done.