PDA

View Full Version : Dragon question

herrhauptmann
2015-01-17, 10:50 PM
I just have a quick question for the playground.

What dragons are there that have Alternate Form, particularly ones weaker than Gold/Silver, that get it sooner rather than later.
In the MM there's Bronze (ecl 18), Gold (ecl 12), and Silver (ecl 11).

I'm planning this for a mid-level gestalt game, and it seems odd to have a Wyrmling gold/silver dragon less than 2 years old; but still have 12/13 levels on it's non-dragon side.

WhamBamSam
2015-01-17, 11:25 PM
Steel Dragons (Dragons of Faerun) get Alternate Form at Wyrmling age and any true dragon with a Sorcerer level of 5 or more can get it with a feat.

You may also find the handbook in my sig helpfu. It generally assumes a wyrmling dragon with a bunch of class levels (indeed I put some effort into finding means of ensuring that the dragon stays under two years old even if the campaign goes on longer than that in-game), but it also assumes non-gestalt, so it might even out.

herrhauptmann
2015-01-17, 11:52 PM
Which feat is that?
Not seeing it in the handbook (thank you for that btw).

Shadowscale
2015-01-17, 11:59 PM
If a white dragon wyrmling took this at level 5 would they still be tiny?

WhamBamSam
2015-01-18, 12:10 AM
Which feat is that?
Not seeing it in the handbook (thank you for that btw).Alternate Form from Dragons of Eberron page 15. It's in the "Other Feats" subsection.

If a white dragon wyrmling took this at level 5 would they still be tiny?Alternate Form, you mean? They'd be whatever size the creature whose form they assumed was while in Alternate Form, but would still be tiny in their natural form.

DrMotives
2015-01-18, 12:24 AM
Also, if you have Oriental Adventures, the Lung dragons there all get alternate form of any humanoid at age category 4.