PDA

View Full Version : Dweomerkeeper

Max Caysey
2015-01-18, 06:30 AM
Im having a discussion with a buddy of mine, about whether or not arcane disciple was access giving in terms of meeting the "Ability to cast arcane and divine spells" prerequisite for a wizard, of if you indeed have to multiclass into a class that gives normal divine spellcasting?

Urpriest
2015-01-18, 07:02 AM
You don't necessarily need to multiclass into a class that gives divine spellcasting, but you do need some way of casting divine spells. The spells granted by Arcane Disciple are explicitly cast as arcane spells, so that's a non-starter.

Max Caysey
2015-01-18, 02:19 PM
You don't necessarily need to multiclass into a class that gives divine spellcasting, but you do need some way of casting divine spells. The spells granted by Arcane Disciple are explicitly cast as arcane spells, so that's a non-starter.

What would you suggest?

Personally it might be fitting to take 3 levels of cleric, and get the Initiate of Mystra feat, but thats a lot effort so I'm thinking that there might be an easier way... Yes?

Urpriest
2015-01-18, 02:26 PM
What would you suggest?

Personally it might be fitting to take 3 levels of cleric, and get the Initiate of Mystra feat, but thats a lot effort so I'm thinking that there might be an easier way... Yes?

It's a bit of a contentious topic. Qualifying as another type of casting is kind of like early-entry, different tricks are acceptable to different people. While I'm less familiar with the tricks at play here, the Southern Magician feat from Races of Faerun is also often mentioned.

Renen
2015-01-18, 03:58 PM
Play my favorite class: Sha'Ir. It can cast divine AND arcane spells.

ZamielVanWeber
2015-01-18, 04:04 PM
Seconding Sha'ir. Sha'ir is fun and has the upside of being the only method which very clearly works by RAW.

nedz
2015-01-18, 04:25 PM
Beguiler (*) 5 / Rainbow Servant 10 can also cast Arcane and Divine — but it's not early entry.
(*) Or Dread Necromancer or Warmage

Elric VIII
2015-01-18, 06:30 PM
I'd say Arcane Disciple plus the ACF that lets you trade your 5th level feat for a domain power, together, would count as access to the domain. However you are still not casting divine spells.

If you want to enter as straight Cleric you can take the spell domain since Anyspell casts arcane spells.

Max Caysey
2015-01-19, 02:48 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys...

I can see, that it was not as easy as I imagined at first.