PDA

View Full Version : Is Glyph of Warding another contingency spell?

Glarnog
2015-01-18, 11:13 AM
Is Glyph of Warding another contingency spell? With the sole exception of cost is there any limiting factor? Like from my reading you can GoW Revify trigger off of death. Or even another Gow to trigger off of revify for a cure wounds? Or maybe even chain in a Magic Circle to protect while getting ready to gtfo or get back in the thick of stuff?

Symphony
2015-01-18, 12:43 PM
Is Glyph of Warding another contingency spell? With the sole exception of cost is there any limiting factor? Like from my reading you can GoW Revify trigger off of death. Or even another Gow to trigger off of revify for a cure wounds? Or maybe even chain in a Magic Circle to protect while getting ready to gtfo or get back in the thick of stuff?

You can't move a Glyph of Warding after creating it, so not really.

JohnDaBarr
2015-01-18, 02:57 PM
You can't move a Glyph of Warding after creating it, so not really.

And on that note I really miss Glyph of Warding shenanigans from 3.5 :smallannoyed:

All them BOOM boxes and other goodies where fun to use, though occasionally the ultimate ire of the DM was directed upon you.

CrusaderJoe
2015-01-19, 11:45 AM
And on that note I really miss Glyph of Warding shenanigans from 3.5 :smallannoyed:

All them BOOM boxes and other goodies where fun to use, though occasionally the ultimate ire of the DM was directed upon you.

I used the metamagic that had damage not hurt good creatures (alignment), half damage to neutral, and normal damage to evil alignment.

GoW everything I owned and the party owned when searching for a specific evil creature. The DM brushed me off when I was setting this up... We all walked right up to the BBEG and all of us exploded... The DM was all O_O but then said to roll new characters... I reminded him of my metamagic and that we were all good... Never did name that combo... But the DM did ban me from using that combo again...

I actually think its a good thing I can't do that in 5e...