PDA

View Full Version : Incarnum question.../statement.../inquiry...

Akennedy
2007-04-02, 02:47 PM
Okay, soon I am purchasing the Dungeons and Dragons Magic Of Incarnum Book... I like the magic and like the idea. However, the incarnate class itself, to me, seems somewhat foolish. I mean, most of the melds it gets are all close combat abilities and otherwise, there is limited actualy range melds. So, how could i make +range to make it a more appealing class? The totemist and soulborn are fairly powerful classes, especially the totemist, take multiattack and you are set.

Also, what if you gain two Bind chakra Crown or something. For my games, i was thinking of just progressing one stage up in their old soulmeld class. (if you took prestige and got a second Bind chakra (___))... any ideas?

axraelshelm
2007-04-02, 02:53 PM
Unless you take the feat you can not bind two melds to 1 chakra.

Fax Celestis
2007-04-02, 02:53 PM
For your first question: Incarnum is typically not a range sort of thing. You'd have to come up with your own stuff to see how it works.

For the second: opening the same chakra twice does nothing for you, unfortunately.

Were-Sandwich
2007-04-02, 02:58 PM
I prefer Soulborn to paladins (though not as much as crusaders). Melds are much more useful than crappy casting and a stupid remove disease ability.

And the Skarn. They might be nieztchian rip-offs, but dammit they're awesome.

Akennedy
2007-04-02, 03:07 PM
Personally, I am a DM, and I wouldn't want to hinder their arsenal, if possible. Would a continuation of binding chakras?
Ex: I have a PC who is an Incarnate and wants to multiclass into Ironsoul Forgemaster. He's level 14th level and 9 levels into incarnate and 5 into ironforge. He's about to get the arms chakra for the second time. Would it be fair just to let him take the next bind chakra in the incarnate class? Would that be too powerful? Allow but restrict? Or just let any levels where he gets +1 meldshaping level to stack for purposes of what chakra he can bind? Let me know please!

Fax Celestis
2007-04-02, 03:10 PM
If I have a Rogue that progresses into Shadowdancer, I don't upgrade when I get Evasion twice, do I? No. It just happens. Leave it and move on.

axraelshelm
2007-04-02, 03:11 PM
I prefer Soulborn to paladins (though not as much as crusaders). Melds are much more useful than crappy casting and a stupid remove disease ability.

And the Skarn. They might be nieztchian rip-offs, but dammit they're awesome.

ahh Skarn so overlooked as a race, anything that i can make into a version of the Guyver is cool to me all you need is a arm clasp of sonic damage for your arm spikes, belt of fly/ sonic fireball, breast plate of expanded dragon breath, sound blast throat guard, helmet that allows 360 degree veiwing, not much realy...

Akennedy
2007-04-02, 03:18 PM
Though, If you're a barbarian/rogue, you do stack uncanny dodge.... So...

Fax Celestis
2007-04-02, 03:27 PM
Though, If you're a barbarian/rogue, you do stack uncanny dodge.... So...

Uncanny Dodge is the exception, not the rule, since it actually qualifies in the text that it upgrades if you acquire it twice.

Akennedy
2007-04-02, 03:37 PM
I suppose you're right, and i wont get into further arguments. thank you for your advice/ knowledge! it is very much so appreciated!