PDA

View Full Version : Help me Giantitp.com , you're my only hope... Identifying this quote

(Un)Inspired
2015-01-19, 01:02 AM
Hello, everyone. I got a quote or phase... Or something on my phone in my notes that I can't find the source for.

I can't reminder when or why I recorded it I and have no clue what the source is.

The quote is. "My love is vengeance. My name is greed."

Do any of you guys know where it's from? I know it's partially a quote from a The Who song but beyond that...

Do any of you guys recognize it? Google has been no help.

I'd love to know where it came from. It's possible I just wrote it down when I was drunk but I literally have no memory of it so that seems unlikely.

ranagrande
2015-01-19, 01:23 AM
You're right that it's The Who. The song is Behind Blue Eyes.

leafman
2015-01-19, 01:29 AM
If the quote you are thinking of is from Behind Blue Eyes, you are mishearing the lyrics. The actual lyric is "My love is vengeance, that's never free"

(Un)Inspired
2015-01-19, 03:05 AM
I re-listened to the song. I must have been pretty drunk to mishear the lyric this bad right?

It really doesn't sound like greed right? Is there any way I could have got it from somewhere else ?

Thank you for the responses btw.

EDIT: I offer a spiritual shot of Whistle Pig (what I'm drinking) to anyone who can help me.

Killer Angel
2015-01-19, 07:01 AM
I re-listened to the song. I must have been pretty drunk to mishear the lyric this bad right?

Given the plethora of misheard song lyrics, I'd say to not be so harsh with yourself. :smallwink:

Bulldog Psion
2015-01-19, 01:21 PM
Given the plethora of misheard song lyrics, I'd say to not be so harsh with yourself. :smallwink:

Heck, there are some movie lines occasionally that I can't hear the correct way even when I know exactly what's trying to be said. I daresay there have been some mighty unexpected results in history as a result of a garbled phrase...

(Un)Inspired
2015-01-19, 10:01 PM
Well thanks for the help and kind words for my lack of rad aural skills.

Brother Oni
2015-01-20, 06:50 PM
Well thanks for the help and kind words for my lack of rad aural skills.

Trust me, you're not the only one who mis-hears song lyrics (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI5fj8vmc44). (Warning, random profanity)

enderlord99
2015-01-20, 06:55 PM
Theeeeeere's a bathroom... on the right.