PDA

View Full Version : Elza, the psionic/mental child build

j_spencer93
2015-01-19, 08:47 AM
Ok i am remaking an older campaign of mine my players loved but extending it to allow it to reach 20 levels. At the end of the already built part, i have a phrenic unholy scion child, psion. I want to continue to give her more and more interesting mental abilities, and thus decided to give her memelith (party is party responsible for this). Is their anything else like classes or templates that deal with the mind or housing spirits? I know of the binder but not sure if i am going to use it yet (is their a binder/psion PRC?)

He is a child possessed by a demon (killed by players before but they actually dont know that) as fetus, who grows up to become extremely psionically gifted which causes the demon's thoughts to influence others leading up to a ritual to greatly empower her. however it cost the town their lives and was very very narrowly stopped by the players (actually they managed to send her, her psicrystal and all of the sacrificed town into another dimension) thus granting her the memelith template.

Sian
2015-01-19, 01:57 PM
there aren't any psionic/binder theurge, but it should be relatively trivial to change Anima Mage into it, following the same alteration that Soulcaster got into Soul Manifester (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20060217a)

j_spencer93
2015-01-19, 02:21 PM
mmm ok. class is being hard to assign, not sure exactly how i want her to develop. However, after being banished and reappearing she will be a lost (or many broken souled, maybe both) creature representing her fragile child mind shattering and becoming consumed by the emotions and thoughts of the spirits within her.

After he second defeat, i thought maybe bring her back again, as a dream creature (dream eating, nightmare, or dream shadow [all 3?]) explained by her psionic mind still able to influence the material plane since her mind was "asleep" while taken over by the spirits (memelith). So they would have to travel to the plane of dreams to stop her, as her dreams slowly kill those on the material plane.
Writing this made me thing, isnt their a dream or nightmare based spellcaster PRC and couldnt i turn it into psionic?

Demidos
2015-01-19, 02:51 PM
Here's a nightmare PRC-- http://therafimrpg.wikidot.com/nightmare-spinner
No idea about the dream one. Alternately you could toss on Dream larva's abilties or give them a watered down version to fight--
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/abomination.htm#dreamLarva

j_spencer93
2015-01-19, 03:02 PM
if i drop the phrenic template, changing how i had her slightly (might be better since i have used this character before), nightmare spinner would be awesome. now...if i want mainly spells that dealt with dreams and stuff wouldnt wizard be my best choice? or would staying with psion be better?

j_spencer93
2015-01-19, 03:38 PM
quori nightmare would also work, progressing manifesting and granting almost the same abilities.

DMVerdandi
2015-01-19, 07:23 PM
I would instead use lesser tiefling Spell to power Erudite.
Pick up wild talent as a feat to show that there is a natural psionic change that happened.

Now you can slowly but surely increase your psionic power, as well as learning some occult secrets.

j_spencer93
2015-01-20, 08:10 AM
that would work, also maybe lead into manifester/caster class that requires psi-spells then

goto124
2015-01-20, 08:11 AM
I read Elza as Elsa. "Just Let It Go..."

j_spencer93
2015-01-20, 08:13 AM
ya i made this character long before Frozen...and now that is what my players kept calling her lol...maybe a name change to idk