PDA

View Full Version : Divne Strike and Lightning Arrow

oncnawan
2015-01-19, 08:35 PM
How does Divine Strike, the 8th level Cleric ability, interact with Lightning Arrow?

Divine Strike says "when you hit a creature with a weapon attack..." Lightning Arrow says, "the next time you make a ranged wapon attack ... the weapon's ammunition transforms into a bolt of lightning. Make the attack roll as normal." Would Divine Strike boost Lightning Arrow?

Chaosvii7
2015-01-19, 08:57 PM
Divine strike requires no interaction from the cleric to activate; It's a passive ability. The spell converts a weapon attack into lightning. As long as the spell requires a ranged weapon attack roll(prof + dex) and doesn't convert it into a magic attack roll(prof + casting stat), I think they'd both stack. The only exception might be the War Cleric's Divine Strike, which does extra damage based on the weapon, which means that your attack would do Piercing damage instead of Electricity damage like the lightning arrow would do.

Gnomes2169
2015-01-19, 10:01 PM
It doesn't make your arrow into a spell attack (you make your ranged weapon attack "as normal" after all), so yeah the two should stack just fine.

oncnawan
2015-01-19, 10:11 PM
That was my reading, as well. I'm looking forward to that combo.