PDA

View Full Version : 5e RuleBook Style Guide Released

CyberThread
2015-01-19, 11:33 PM
http://dndadventurersleague.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/5E-Template.dotx

Site for the style guide of 5e

Jlooney
2015-01-20, 12:03 AM
I have no idea what that is as I only speak and read English.

DireSickFish
2015-01-20, 12:08 AM
The important parts are in english. That's all just filler text int he template so you can see what it looks like filled out. Delete that and replace with your own.

Lonely Tylenol
2015-01-20, 12:23 AM
Awesome! This will be perfect for creating my own DM screen (with more useful information, such as conditions, listed actions in combat, experience thresholds, and, for the enterprising DM, some of the "build-a-monster" guidelines, such as the "Monster Statistics by Challenge Rating" table on p. 274).

Thanks!

holygroundj
2015-01-20, 10:02 AM

Lorem ipsum is a common graphic designer filler text.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

In publishing and graphic design, lorem ipsum is a filler text commonly used to demonstrate the graphic elements of a document or visual presentation. Replacing meaningful content that could be distracting with placeholder text may allow viewers to focus on graphic aspects such as font, typography, and page layout. It also reduces the need for the designer to come up with meaningful text, as they can instead use hastily generated lorem ipsum text

CyberThread
2015-01-20, 12:01 PM
What they said

Ziegander
2015-01-20, 12:32 PM
Invaluable. Now I wonder if some form of licensing regulations are soon to follow.

jkat718
2015-01-20, 05:47 PM
Does anyone have a list of the font faces used? The closest my (relatively large) font list can get doesn't look right.

JFahy
2015-01-20, 06:24 PM
Lorem ipsum is a common graphic designer filler text.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

In publishing and graphic design, lorem ipsum is a filler text commonly used to demonstrate the graphic elements of a document or visual presentation. Replacing meaningful content that could be distracting with placeholder text may allow viewers to focus on graphic aspects such as font, typography, and page layout. It also reduces the need for the designer to come up with meaningful text, as they can instead use hastily generated lorem ipsum text

All that. And in case you ever wondered, the text comes from an old essay
by Marcus Cicero. He comments on how we assume that people who are
suffering are probably virtuous and people who are enjoying themselves are
probably wicked, and how neither of those is necessarily true.

(Shut up, someone might have wondered! :smallyuk:)

JFahy
2015-01-20, 06:28 PM
Does anyone have a list of the font faces used? The closest my (relatively large) font list can get doesn't look right.

If my copy of Word is actually getting these off the document, rather than approximating...

The headings are all MrsEaves variations, the body text is 'Bookmania' and the sidebars are 'Scala Sans Offc'? Sorry, that's all I can see. I think I once knew how to pull up the 'stylesheet' for a Word document but I definitely don't remember now.

burninatortrog
2015-01-21, 05:07 AM
Awesome, I've been hunting for this for months! I just finished typesetting and printing my own version of the Player's Basic Rules, this would have been nice to have a couple of weeks ago...

Cybren
2015-01-21, 11:52 PM
did wotc release their style guides for older editions previously? am I reading in to this too much that this means they're going to have a larger freelancer based presence?

mds
2015-01-27, 05:49 AM

Bookmania-Regular
Bookmania-RegularItalic
DaiVernonMisdirect
MrsEavesSmallCaps
MrsEavesXLSerifOT-Reg
MrsEavesXLSerifOT-RegItalic
ScalaSansOffc
ScalaSansOffc-Bold
ScalaSansOffc-BoldIta
ScalaSansOffc-Ita
ScalaSansScOffc
ScalaSansScOffc-Bold
Times New Roman

jkat718
2015-01-27, 11:20 PM
Bookmania-Regular
Bookmania-RegularItalic
DaiVernonMisdirect
MrsEavesSmallCaps
MrsEavesXLSerifOT-Reg
MrsEavesXLSerifOT-RegItalic
ScalaSansOffc
ScalaSansOffc-Bold
ScalaSansOffc-BoldIta
ScalaSansOffc-Ita
ScalaSansScOffc
ScalaSansScOffc-Bold
Times New Roman

That's awesome, thanks. :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: While looking for fonts like these, I stumbled across this awesome site:
Taxidermic Owlbear/D&D Fonts (http://taxidermicowlbear.weebly.com/dd-fonts.html)

BadCoyote
2018-06-23, 01:02 PM

I know this is necrotizing a long dead thread, but wow... just wow... I hope to God this guy was being sarcastic, because if not... (shakes his head)