PDA

View Full Version : Sticky suggestion (dice roller)

Mono Vertigo
2015-01-20, 10:07 AM
A known bug (that is, known to the mods and many, but not all, users) is that the dice roller is borked since the forum was updated. When you try to use the rollv function along with modifier (like 1d20+10), the result shown doesn't take in account the modifier at all. It's only obvious when the result of the roll is clearly incompatible with the modifier (like 5, in the above example).
I've just seen fellow players who were unaware of this bug, and I'd like to ask if it wouldn't be a good idea to post a warning about this bug until it was solved, either by making a new sticky, or by editing an old, relevant one.
(If the latter was already done and I didn't notice, herp a derp, ignore me, I'll be on my way.)

Grey_Wolf_c
2015-01-20, 01:17 PM
A known bug (that is, known to the mods and many, but not all, users) is that the dice roller is borked since the forum was updated. When you try to use the rollv function along with modifier (like 1d20+10), the result shown doesn't take in account the modifier at all. It's only obvious when the result of the roll is clearly incompatible with the modifier (like 5, in the above example).
I've just seen fellow players who were unaware of this bug, and I'd like to ask if it wouldn't be a good idea to post a warning about this bug until it was solved, either by making a new sticky, or by editing an old, relevant one.
(If the latter was already done and I didn't notice, herp a derp, ignore me, I'll be on my way.)

It seems that it's not a bug, rollv is working as intended (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?339171-Rollv-tag-does-not-add-the-modifier).

Yours,

Grey Wolf

Mono Vertigo
2015-01-20, 05:58 PM
It seems that it's not a bug, rollv is working as intended (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?339171-Rollv-tag-does-not-add-the-modifier).

Yours,

Grey Wolf

Oh yeah, good one, thanks, I forgot that.
Still, it's not explicitly stated that the combination doesn't work (even though it used to in the forum's previous version), so it might be useful to note once and for all that rollv and modifiers don't play well together.