PDA

View Full Version : Time cost reduction of 100%

paperarmor
2015-01-20, 01:26 PM
So provided you could reduce the time of a created item by 100% would you be able to instantly assemble it anytime anywhere by RAW?

Fouredged Sword
2015-01-20, 01:35 PM
You still need the raw materials. Those still take time to gather.

Gwachitallemall
2015-01-20, 01:40 PM
Check out the SRD on creating magic items here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/creatingMagicItems.htm) there's a few lines in there how the minimum creation time is 1 day.

ahenobarbi
2015-01-20, 01:41 PM
No. Magical items have crafting time of 1 day minimum. Craft checks also take a day (or a week), no matter wahat is DC of the check.

ApologyFestival
2015-01-20, 01:49 PM
If you're playing 3.5, wish does the job--magic item creation as a standard action, with no gold cost but a hefty experience cost. As a spell-like or supernatural ability, wish also goes above and beyond by tacking on a 100% gold and experience reduction. Slightly less wonky, is constructing a dedicated wright (ECS p.286) and placing it in a fast-time plane to finish its work, for a not-quite-100%-but-who-cares time reduction.

Urpriest
2015-01-20, 02:13 PM
Yeah, this doesn't work with traditional crafting. There are other things it does work for, like Sand Shaper's ability to shape sand.

paperarmor
2015-01-20, 07:25 PM
ok thanks guys that's what I was thinking.

Thiyr
2015-01-20, 09:39 PM
All I'm reminded of:

[He] slammed his palm against the oak behind him. Abruptly he began to slide as the wall collapsed into dozens upon dozens of narrow wooden quarterstaves...."And people say Craft is underpowered!" (src) (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8096183/62/Harry-Potter-and-the-Natural-20)

Not to say that one -should- do this. Just that if one can get away with it, I would be highly amused to see it occur.

Barbarian Horde
2015-01-21, 12:19 AM
Why?

Artificier that only has to pay 5% of total cost of an item would be better.

General Cost in Time
Reducer Reduced to
Dedicated Wright crafting for you. (ECS) Other
A manifest zone of a plane with faster flowing time than the Material Plane Variable
Magical Artisan(PGF) applied to Exceptional Artisan 75%
Exceptional Artisan (ECS) 75%
Quick Crafting (Maester 1, CAdv, unavailable to Artificers and non-gnomes) 50%
Research Aid spell (drag342 pg55) 50%
Efficient Item Creation epic feat(ELH) applied to Exceptional Artisan 10%
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Specific Cost in Time
Reducer (Source) Category Reduction to
Gremma's Cauldron (EtUM) Potions 50%
Quick Potion spell (SpC) Potions 0% but potion lasts hour/level
Quill of Scribing crafting for you. (CM) Scroll Other
Construct Lab (Dr355) Construct 90%
Arcane Distillery (Dr355) Potions 90%
The Autoscribe crafting it for you. Scrolls Other (multiplies xp cost by 2 or 4)
Having Divine Rank of 1+ and actually having the feats to make the items Items related to their portfolio 50%
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think by raw you could get 100% reduced craft time. I bet you could get a real low percentage, but not 100%.

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=1000.0