PDA

View Full Version : Rules Question Politically Tangential Question

2015-01-20, 02:51 PM
As a bit of explanation, one of the games I'm playing in includes a voting mechanism. As three separate Moderators can attest to (due to participating in this particular instance of the game), this voting mechanism is less of a "vote this person into power" vote so much as a "vote this person off the island" vote; because the game's story is (from what I've seen) universally separated from real-world politics, it does not violate the forum rules prohibiting the discussion of real-world politics. That said, I intended to post a picture based on a template strongly associated with American political history (in particular, the "Uncle Sam wants you..." picture); although the version I intended to post contains no real-world political ideals or arguments of any kind, I thought it possible that the image itself is close enough to politics that it might break the forum rules.

Long story short, my question is: is the picture of Uncle Sam that is otherwise devoid of real-world political references political enough in nature to break the forum rules?

Edit: Just to clarify, I have absolutely no intention of skirting around the rules; rather, I only found a case where something I wished to do was close to the line between acceptable and prohibited behavior, and I wanted to make sure that whatever I end up doing falls on the side of acceptable. If the image of Uncle Sam is too political to allow, I won't post it at all.

Roland St. Jude
2015-01-20, 03:58 PM
Sheriff: An image of Uncle Sam in recruiting poster style would be inappropriate for this forum, yes.