PDA

View Full Version : Journey to the Center of the Earth (OOC Thread)

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-20, 07:08 PM
Please repost character sheets here for active players only.

Queue:
Active:
Pyotr Herdson (J-H)
Helga IronHelm (thethan)
Vancullia 'Six-Fix' (ben-zayb)
Svartpetra (esorscher)
Deus Ex Machina (Nettlekid)

In queue:
Lulabri Jazzpa (Luna)
Jamada (Man on Fire)
Hawkeye (Yas392)
Sir Frederick Birtwhistle (springjack)
Talahak Stonefist (manwithaplan)
Fluffy Longshoes (HappyMooCow)
Polter (abadguy)
Simon De Si (Starbuck II)
Hive (Tacitus)

Dead:
Noone (yet)

TheThan
2015-01-20, 07:54 PM
Helga Ironhelm (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1100611)

Claiming hrrm Blue as my speech color.

J-H
2015-01-20, 08:32 PM
Pyotr Herdson, in Green.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=490745

Nettlekid
2015-01-20, 08:55 PM
Deus Ex Machina, Warforged Crusader (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=81619)

Reposting my question: When a character dies does the player immediately roll up a new one and start into the dungeon, or do we wait for a TPK before resetting entirely?

Also just to clarify, is that waiting list in line for people who get in when players drop, or is it a rotation that goes with every death?

TheThan
2015-01-20, 09:02 PM
I suspect that the players in the queue replace players as their characters drop, then that player goes to the back of the queue. but do they start at the top of the dungeon?

I'm going to post tactical tidbits, important IC questions and obviously rolls in spoilers in the IC thread. seems like a good place for that sort of stuff.

esorscher
2015-01-20, 09:14 PM
Red for me.

Svartpetra (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=81541)

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-20, 09:38 PM
Parties enter in groups of 5, at the top of the dungeon. Quicker pathways may be opened once we get a few floors down. If this needs to be modified , ti can be with new players entering as the old ones die.

The queue is the rotation as players die. I felt that was the only way to be fair for everyone.

ben-zayb
2015-01-20, 10:52 PM
Let's try Indigo for a thematic duskling/incarnum.

Six-Fix (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1100883)

Man on Fire
2015-01-21, 08:53 AM
Good luck everyone.
Question to GM - will you PM players when it's their time to join the game?

J-H
2015-01-21, 09:17 AM
Pyotr has an Everburning torch in his pack.

Nettlekid
2015-01-21, 09:42 AM
Oh, lets use that then.

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-21, 09:47 PM
Man on Fire: I will PM players when it is their turn.

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-21, 10:00 PM
Let's roll some initiative:

spiders: [roll0]
Six Fix: [roll1]
Helga: [roll2]
Pyotr: [roll3]
Deus: [roll4]
Svart: [roll5]

And some attacks:
Spider 1 vs Svart attack:[roll6] damage: [roll7]
Spider 2 vs Deus attack:[roll8] damage: [roll9]
Spider 3 vs Deus attack:[roll10] damage: [roll11]
Spider 4 vs Pyotr attack:[roll12] damage: [roll13]

Nettlekid
2015-01-21, 10:14 PM
Oh dear, even with my damage reduction I'm in a pretty bad way. I'll put five of those point of damage into my delayed damage pool for the time being.

(Just pay attention to the first three nonrepeated numbers)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

EDIT: Oh wait, I'm a moron that forgot Armor Class is a thing. Neither attack hit me. That's better.

DOUBLE EDIT: Hang on a second, I just want to clarify something. Was that a surprise round that the spiders just got? Because that's kind of suspect. The very first actions made by Helga and Svartpetra were to look up, so there was no chance that they didn't see the spiders before the spiders saw them. There would have been a surprise round because Deus (and probably others) were certainly unaware, but since those two got a higher initiative they would have had a shot at the spiders before the spiders ever had a shot at us. And since you can only take either a move or a standard action in the surprise round, the spiders wouldn't have had the chance to attack anyway. >.>

I know this sounds pedantic and nitpicky, but you've made clear that this game is designed to kill PCs, and I want to make absolutely sure that we don't suffer any undue losses that we're preparing for (getting ambushed from above after PCs have looked up, for example.)

esorscher
2015-01-21, 10:38 PM
I don't think an of the attacks hit, so it's not super important, but for the record,

At Helga's instruction, she turns her attention toward the ceiling.

Does this count as a spot check, negating surprise round? If so, did I fail the check? If not, what are the magic words I need to post to make a spot check?

Now on to question 2: is it okay to post out of order, and have the actions resolve in initiative order?

Also, can we get an updated map? Edit: I can probably make do with what has been given. Will post tomorrow AM.

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-21, 11:07 PM
Spot checks are automatic (set of very bad rolls plus spiders hiding in their own webs)

What you said forced a search check, which also failed.

On the plus side the spiders rolled badly too.

Posting out of order is ok and it will be resolved in initiative order

TheThan
2015-01-21, 11:12 PM
So we can’t roll our own spot checks? That’s slightly annoying, but nothing we can’t deal with.

Anyway any future spiderwebs we find should immediately be lit on fire. No I’m not joking, spider webs burn pretty well actually.

I did call it on the spiders though!

Nettlekid
2015-01-21, 11:56 PM
The matter of the extra action in the surprise round still holds, though.

Posting my combat actions, to be resolved after the initiative.

J-H
2015-01-22, 12:02 AM
If these are Small spiders hiding in their webs, their Hide modifier is +19, plus any bonus from the ceiling being poorly illuminated.

During a surprise round, a Charge action can be made, but only moving up to a character's normal move speed. I think dropping 10' from the ceiling on a web counts as similar enough to a charge (move+attack) that it fits within those rules and fits with RAI. If you want it RAW then they get +2 to their ABs and -2 their ACs from charging, and maybe somebody gets hit.

Nettlekid
2015-01-22, 12:08 AM
Ah, true, that's fair then.

Meanwhile Deus had an exceedingly poor pair of attack rolls. Hopefully that soaked up the bad rolls from you guys. At least I forgot to use one of my maneuvers, so I didn't waste any.
Speaking of which, I may as well roll for my next one.
[roll0]

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-22, 12:17 AM
If these are Small spiders hiding in their webs, their Hide modifier is +19, plus any bonus from the ceiling being poorly illuminated.

During a surprise round, a Charge action can be made, but only moving up to a character's normal move speed. I think dropping 10' from the ceiling on a web counts as similar enough to a charge (move+attack) that it fits within those rules and fits with RAI. If you want it RAW then they get +2 to their ABs and -2 their ACs from charging, and maybe somebody gets hit.

They are medium spiders, but yeah, bad rolls + good hide checks.

And the partial charge is what happened. I didn't add the attack modifiers (forgot about them, oops) but I'm not retconning it.

If you guys want to roll your own spot checks, that's fine, but then I'll no longer roll them automatically. Alternatively I can roll them on the thread.

TheThan
2015-01-22, 01:16 AM
So just to make the maps slightly easier to figure:
Thethan’s token guide (i hope I got all the roles correct. if not I'm happy to change it.)

token
character/sheet
class/role

Sgt. Slaughter
Helga Ironhelm (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1100611)
cleric/melee support

green Lantern
Svartpetra (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=81541)
beguiler/magic and skills and party face

Ilithid
Deus Ex Machinma (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=81619)
crusader/tank and support

pirate
six fix (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1100883)
dragon shaman/support, melee?

Goblin
Pyot (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=490745)
scout/ranged Dps, skill monkey

I'm ok with the Dm automatically rolling spot/listen checks. I would just like the option of being able to make our own spot/listen checks when we're looking for something specific... like say spiders in the ceiling :smallbiggrin:

ben-zayb
2015-01-22, 03:11 AM
I forgot to indicate which aura Six-Fix has as default, which is supposedly either Vigor (fast healing 1 up to half-maximum health to allies within 30ft range) or Energy Shield [Fire] (2 points of fire damage per non-reach melee attack hit against allies within 30ft range).

[roll0]: Vigor if 1, Energy Shield if 2

@tigerus Will my Soulspark Familiar act during my turn, or on its own turn (+5 to initiative)?

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-22, 08:13 AM
Familiars can act on your turn

esorscher
2015-01-22, 09:05 AM
Nice Token guide... want to add sheets for convenience? I have no problem with DM rolling spot checks, but would like them rolled publicly, if it's not inconvenient.

J-H
2015-01-22, 09:48 AM
I prefer DM rolls on spot, search, knowledge, etc. It makes it harder to metagame... if you are told to roll a Spot check you know there's something to look for, if you roll a 1 on a Knowledge check you know you may get incorrect results, etc.

TheThan
2015-01-22, 01:41 PM
Nice Token guide... want to add sheets for convenience? I have no problem with DM rolling spot checks, but would like them rolled publicly, if it's not inconvenient.

Sure, I've added links, as it's faster than expanding the table.

The new table coding is not difficult, it's just time consuming.

esorscher
2015-01-22, 02:38 PM
Sure, I've added links, as it's faster than expanding the table.

The new table coding is not difficult, it's just time consuming.

Perfect! Thanks for all your work on the tables.

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-22, 07:29 PM
will save: [roll0]

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-22, 07:34 PM
Attack Rolls:

spider 1 vs Svart [roll0] damage: [roll1]

spider 2 vs Helga [roll2] damage: [roll3]

spider 3 vs Pyotr [roll4] damage: [roll5]

spider 4 vs Pyotr [roll6] damage: [roll7]

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-22, 07:38 PM
Helga fort save vs poison: [roll0]

Pyotr fort save vs poison [roll1]

TheThan
2015-01-22, 08:09 PM
Ouch, just about bombed a fort save.

seriously I need like a four to fail that. but now I wish I had some anti-toxin (honestly forgot about it).
I'm too low to have neutralize poison so we'll have to put up without it. just don't fail con checks.

[edit]
A thought:

On the event of a critical hit, how do we want to deal with it.

do we just multiply our attack damage or roll additional dice? Personally I think the multiplier is a bit more consistent than rolling extra dice.

Nettlekid
2015-01-22, 08:17 PM
Did you make sure to subtract 4 from the attack roll of any spider I threaten that wasn't attacking me? The one that attacked Helga and one of the ones that attacked Pyotr fit the bill.

And hey, that's a crit threat! Rolling here to confirm the crit.
[roll0]
If it hits [roll1]

EDIT: Haha, whoops, I didn't see your edit TheThan. Quite appropriate though. I personally like rolling the extra dice (mostly because it makes the distribution more Gaussian, tending toward an average damage roll rather than explosively high or disappointingly low) but either way is okay by me.

And now if Helga attacks the E10 spider she'll get a +4 on the attack roll.

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-22, 08:47 PM
I forgot the -4, so retconned, Helga still gets hit, but the other hit is negated.

I'm fine with rolling or multiplying. Both have about the same amount of randomness.

ben-zayb
2015-01-22, 08:47 PM
I thought Deus already made his action this round (the one that missed earlier)? And it seems to me that Pyotr is yet to take his turn.

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-22, 08:56 PM
I thought Deus already made his action this round (the one that missed earlier)? And it seems to me that Pyotr is yet to take his turn.

Actually, yeah. Which would mean the original spider hits stand, since the ability wasn't activated until after and blah blah blah.

Fixing posts, one second.

Posts fixed, Deus's first round action (after Pyotr acts) will be the "miss" post, which will then start the -4 to attacks from stance. Second round will have his "hit" post.

Please don't post more than one round ahead of time, it makes things difficult to keep straight.

Nettlekid
2015-01-22, 09:03 PM
Actually, yeah. Which would mean the original spider hits stand, since the ability wasn't activated until after and blah blah blah.

Fixing posts, one second.

Posts fixed, Deus's first round action (after Pyotr acts) will be the "miss" post, which will then start the -4 to attacks from stance. Second round will have his "hit" post.

Please don't post more than one round ahead of time, it makes things difficult to keep straight.

Oh sorry, totally my bad. I was confused because I initially didn't realize that the first set of four attacks from the spiders were surprise round attacks, so I had it in my head that that was their turn, then it was mine, and now that they've attacked again it's my turn again. So the next time the spiders attack, I won't do anything.

J-H
2015-01-22, 09:36 PM
So..... we're not using critical failure rules in this game, right? :smalleek:

TheThan
2015-01-22, 09:38 PM
Oh sorry, totally my bad. I was confused because I initially didn't realize that the first set of four attacks from the spiders were surprise round attacks, so I had it in my head that that was their turn, then it was mine, and now that they've attacked again it's my turn again. So the next time the spiders attack, I won't do anything.

yeah it would help to break things down round by round. especially since this is a dungeon crawl.

another thing...
since we're going to be crawling through this, can we eat the things we kill? Or otherwise scrounge for foodstuffs.
I know it sounds weird but we're going to eventually run out of supplies, I doubt any of us will be able to cast heroes feast or anything before that happens. I imagine us needing to make survival checks for that sort of thing obviously.

Or should we not expect to live that long.

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-22, 10:19 PM
yeah it would help to break things down round by round. especially since this is a dungeon crawl.

another thing...
since we're going to be crawling through this, can we eat the things we kill? Or otherwise scrounge for foodstuffs.
I know it sounds weird but we're going to eventually run out of supplies, I doubt any of us will be able to cast heroes feast or anything before that happens. I imagine us needing to make survival checks for that sort of thing obviously.

Or should we not expect to live that long.

You can make survival checks to do so yes

esorscher
2015-01-22, 10:57 PM
The damage next to each spider is the damage they have taken, correct? I will post tomorrow AM, hopefully that gives Helga time to smash the spider attacking me. :smallwink:

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-22, 11:34 PM
The damage next to each spider is the damage they have taken, correct? I will post tomorrow AM, hopefully that gives Helga time to smash the spider attacking me. :smallwink:

Yes its the current damage dealt to them

TheThan
2015-01-23, 02:13 PM
well i think six fix gets first blood for this party. Darn.

esorscher
2015-01-23, 04:03 PM
Is spider 1 dead? Will affect my post.

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-23, 06:43 PM
Is spider 1 dead? Will affect my post.

spider 1 is unconscious and dying.

J-H
2015-01-23, 10:20 PM
Ahhh, level 1... where we seem to have a 70% miss rate. Oh well, so do the spiders.

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-24, 11:49 AM
Spider 2 vs Deus [roll0] damage [roll1]

Spider 3 vs Deus [roll2] damage [roll3]

Spider 4 vs Six [roll4] damage [roll5]

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-24, 11:51 AM
Six fort save: [roll0]

Nettlekid
2015-01-24, 01:10 PM
Cool. Since I have DR 2/adamantine that's reduced to 3, and I have 2 temp HP from Stone Power so that sponges the hit. I'll put the remaining 1 point of damage in my delayed damage pool. Incidentally, that makes the attack and damage rolls for my next turn (the ones that I mistakenly already rolled) one higher.

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-24, 03:01 PM
Cool. Since I have DR 2/adamantine that's reduced to 3, and I have 2 temp HP from Stone Power so that sponges the hit. I'll put the remaining 1 point of damage in my delayed damage pool. Incidentally, that makes the attack and damage rolls for my next turn (the ones that I mistakenly already rolled) one higher.

Adjusted stats.

Spider 4 is still alive after Pyotr's hit.

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-26, 12:20 AM
Spider 4 is dead

TheThan
2015-01-27, 03:55 AM
I think i get a bonus from attacking an enemy adjacent to Deuce, but I'm not sure if that's right, since there's was a bit of confusion earlier. I didn't figure it into my attack roll, please make note of any appropriate modifiers that are in effect that I'm not aware of.

Nettlekid
2015-01-27, 10:40 AM
I think i get a bonus from attacking an enemy adjacent to Deuce, but I'm not sure if that's right, since there's was a bit of confusion earlier. I didn't figure it into my attack roll, please make note of any appropriate modifiers that are in effect that I'm not aware of.

I don't think so, it's just that they get a -4 penalty on attacks if they're threatened by me and they attack anyone who isn't me.

TheThan
2015-01-27, 02:01 PM
I don't think so, it's just that they get a -4 penalty on attacks if they're threatened by me and they attack anyone who isn't me.

SO i would effectively get a +4 ac bonus...
I knew i was getting something.

now if only I could roll a ten or better.

Nettlekid
2015-01-27, 08:11 PM
Oh, you know what? I DID forget something. I'm having a little trouble keeping track of which spider is which, but the spider I attacked (and crit) last turn was the one at E10, and if that's the same one that Helga just attacked, she gets a +4 from Leading the Attack. Although I think you may have missed my crit that I confirmed in the OoC thread against that same spider, which did 910 more damage.

ben-zayb
2015-01-27, 08:52 PM
SO i would effectively get a +4 ac bonus...
I knew i was getting something.

now if only I could roll a ten or better.If we prescribe by laws of dice averages Helga's next incoming rolls would likely be far better than average. Of course, by the same law, Six-Fix will start getting natural 1s and 2s (especially in damage rolls).

TheThan
2015-01-28, 04:35 AM
If we prescribe by laws of dice averages Helga's next incoming rolls would likely be far better than average. Of course, by the same law, Six-Fix will start getting natural 1s and 2s (especially in damage rolls).

Yeah, i've been a bit disappointed with my rolls this combat. So i'm slightly annoyed, but heck we won anyway.

Now anyone in need of desperate healing. I think six-fix should switch auras and I could start healing, but i wanted to save those (fairly powerful) heals for an emergency.

ben-zayb
2015-01-28, 09:46 AM
Yeah, i've been a bit disappointed with my rolls this combat. So i'm slightly annoyed, but heck we won anyway.

Now anyone in need of desperate healing. I think six-fix should switch auras and I could start healing, but i wanted to save those (fairly powerful) heals for an emergency.

Actually, the aura heals only until half maximum (and nobody reached lower than that yet). We could use her Vitality Belt to bring everyone but SixFix back to max hp, but it will take another hour (individual cooldown per heal recipient) to reactivate that.

Nettlekid
2015-01-29, 03:32 PM
So far since it's just three (I think) party members without 3 HP each, I think we can soldier on. Hopefully I can hit with a Crusader's Strike for some free healing, and Helga's Martial Spirit Stance can bump it up too. We should rely on that free healing as much as we can, using limited healing resources sparingly. We should also capitalize on teamwork: I'm tanky, and am designed not only to draw attacks and be hard to hit but to sponge damage, so ranged characters should definitely get behind me and let me take hits that could hurt them. It's easier to heal one character for 9 points of damage than three characters for 3, especially when Six-Fix's Aura can apply on that one character but not on the three. We were just in a bad position in this room because we got surrounded. We should decide some kind of formation. I think Svartpetra should be right in front to scout for traps and such, especially since she can fall back on deceptive spells to get out of a dangerous situation quickly. Deus and Helga should be right behind because of our high armor and our attacks can heal our allies, and we let Svartpetra move past us to get out of the way of combat. Pyotr should stay in back so he has the freedom to move for his Skirmish and can provide ranged support. I'm not sure where the best position for Six-Fix is.

esorscher
2015-01-29, 05:12 PM
If I recall correctly, more than one of us have trapfinding. I would prefer Svartpetra be the second trapfinder, if, for example, we believe there is a trap there, but taking 20 with a +6 modifier doesn't reveal it, then we bring out the +8 modifier and try taking 20 again.

Nettlekid
2015-01-29, 07:03 PM
If I recall correctly, more than one of us have trapfinding. I would prefer Svartpetra be the second trapfinder, if, for example, we believe there is a trap there, but taking 20 with a +6 modifier doesn't reveal it, then we bring out the +8 modifier and try taking 20 again.

If you say so. I suggested Svartpetra mainly because she has a more versatile range of options for a quick escape, but you're right, since Pyotr has better Spot and Listen it might make sense for him to take point.

I'm pretty sure you can't take 20 on Searching for traps though, since you can't take 20 on any check which has a negative effect upon failure, and failing to find a trap would likely spring it.

tigerusthegreat
2015-01-29, 07:13 PM
If you say so. I suggested Svartpetra mainly because she has a more versatile range of options for a quick escape, but you're right, since Pyotr has better Spot and Listen it might make sense for him to take point.

I'm pretty sure you can't take 20 on Searching for traps though, since you can't take 20 on any check which has a negative effect upon failure, and failing to find a trap would likely spring it.

On a search, yes you can because there's not an immediate negative effect. Disarming a trap, however....

esorscher
2015-01-29, 07:18 PM
Yeah, it's mostly because I only have 6 HP at the moment. After we get a level or two under our belts, we can reassess.

EDIT: So, no traps then?

J-H
2015-01-29, 08:34 PM
Pyotr's got 10hp (-3 now) so he can lead or come second if needed, and then fade to the back when combat starts.

TheThan
2015-01-31, 02:19 AM
wait i thought we were going left. that's the door that was checked for traps.

why is Deuce opening the right most door?

Nettlekid
2015-01-31, 02:33 AM
Sorry, I was thinking of it from the party's perspective. They entered the dungeon from the top, so the door that we, the players, were calling left was the door that was to the party's right.

Also my character's name is Deus, not Deuce.

TheThan
2015-02-02, 06:46 PM
Sorry, I was thinking of it from the party's perspective. They entered the dungeon from the top, so the door that we, the players, were calling left was the door that was to the party's right.

Also my character's name is Deus, not Deuce.

Yeah I was pretty tired when I wrote that. But I could have called you something much worse (that’s probably censored).

Just to be specific, I'm trying to NOT bust the door off it's hinges. Anyway I think a 19 probably pops open the door so be ready.

Nettlekid
2015-02-02, 07:23 PM
Is that a bridge?

J-H
2015-02-02, 07:24 PM
The description says narrow corridor.

Do we move ahead cautiously in marching order, or open the other 2 doors?

esorscher
2015-02-02, 08:11 PM
I have no preference. On the one hand, only opening one door at a time makes it clear which route we have explored. On the other hand, Svartpetra can search for traps on all the doors.

TheThan
2015-02-02, 08:19 PM
I say we continue down the creepy dark passage.

If the other doors are as hard to open as this one, then they might provide proof against an ambush from behind. plus it's an easy way to mark which direction we've already explored. now I'm wishing I brought a chisel so I could make three notches to mark the way like in Journey to the Center of the Earth.

Also I’m thinking of naming my crowbar, something like “the arm of Thor” or somesuch.

tigerusthegreat
2015-02-02, 08:44 PM
FYI I'll put something other than black there if there's anything but wall around you. The far end is a wall, you can't tell from this POV if the corridor continues to the right or left at that wall.

ben-zayb
2015-02-02, 08:46 PM
I say we continue down the creepy dark passage.

If the other doors are as hard to open as this one, then they might provide proof against an ambush from behind. plus it's an easy way to mark which direction we've already explored. now I'm wishing I brought a chisel so I could make three notches to mark the way like in Journey to the Center of the Earth.

Also I’m thinking of naming my crowbar, something like “the arm of Thor” or somesuch.
If that's an issue, Six-Fix has plenty of chalk pieces

TheThan
2015-02-03, 02:46 AM
If that's an issue, Six-Fix has plenty of chalk pieces

chalk works, although a map would be best.
i was just thinking thematically.

tigerusthegreat
2015-02-03, 07:54 PM
attack:[roll0]
damage: [roll1]

dewbie dewbie doo

TheThan
2015-02-04, 08:19 PM
sorry my posting hasn't been very frequent. I've been down with sickness. but I'm on the mend.

Nettlekid
2015-02-04, 08:44 PM
TheThan, the DM said the poison passed and you all made your saves, you don't need to keep counting down.

tigerusthegreat
2015-02-04, 08:54 PM
sorry my posting hasn't been very frequent. I've been down with sickness. but I'm on the mend.

Made fort save in game, failed save in real life.

BTW, Deus is the only character I knew the position of, so the rest of you can be positioned anywhere behind him. Maybe we need a marching order and distance between for the future (e.g. Deus, then Helga, then svart, etc all keeping 10 ft between them)

J-H
2015-02-04, 10:47 PM
I thought we'd already picked out a marching order?

Nettlekid
2015-02-04, 11:52 PM
TheThan, the poison was already checked for. You passed your save. It is not affecting you anymore.

TheThan
2015-02-05, 04:04 PM
TheThan, the poison was already checked for. You passed your save. It is not affecting you anymore.

*sheepish look*

sorry, didn't notice.

TheThan
2015-02-19, 01:34 AM
So it looks like we’re at at a “T” intersection. Should we continue going left or down?

either that or this is a partially revealed room.

ben-zayb
2015-02-19, 02:20 AM
OOCwise and ICwise, deeper dungeons likely house stronger monsters, so Six-Fix would choose left.

esorscher
2015-02-19, 09:14 AM
My vote is always to the left.

tigerusthegreat
2015-02-19, 06:07 PM
I will do a map update tomorrow night. been a little under the weather. Please list what square you want to occupy when I do the update

tigerusthegreat
2015-03-03, 09:11 PM
so now that its untrapped, anyone going to do anything to the door?

Nettlekid
2015-03-03, 09:31 PM
Perhaps one of the scouts should open it slightly and peek through. I'm fine with going first up against enemies and the like, but as the swinging blade trap made clear I don't want to be the first one walking into the unknown.

esorscher
2015-03-04, 08:00 PM
I have six health, so I respectfully decline the invitation to go first anywhere.

Nettlekid
2015-03-04, 08:26 PM
Well ideally I can have all the health you need, so long as I know what I'm up against. My perception skills are terrible and if anyone's going to trigger a pitfall of crumbly stone or warped wood, it's going to be the stone soldier.

TheThan
2015-03-05, 08:19 PM
since everyone is terrified of the door. i've decided to bite the bullet and open it. if i go down, I'm blaming everyone else :smallbiggrin:

Nettlekid
2015-04-02, 03:59 PM
Hey you guys. I was in the hospital for a week after an attempted and very narrowly failed suicide. I'm out now, but I really don't have a lot of motivation for a PbP game. Sorry, but I think I'm going to call it quits here.

esorscher
2015-04-04, 08:24 AM
Well... best of luck to you, stay strong.

tigerusthegreat
2015-04-06, 05:07 PM
Nettlekid -> sorry to hear about that. Hope everything turns around for you.

Everyone else -> I didn't intend to drop off of radar so completely, but my wife surprised me with a weeklong trip, and strictly enforced her "no electronics on vacation" rule. I am back. Is there still interest in continuing this game?

esorscher
2015-04-06, 05:08 PM
I'm still here.

J-H
2015-04-07, 08:38 PM
I'm here.....