PDA

View Full Version : Feat to blend song and spell, does it exist? ANSWERED

Zaydos
2015-01-20, 09:08 PM
I thought there was a feat that let you cast spells with a verbal component while still singing a bardic music performance. Now that I'm looking for it, though, I can't find it. Was I just mistaken or am I just missing it?

Actually on that note is there anything preventing you from casting a spell while playing a bardic music performance on a lute (for example)?

Jeff the Green
2015-01-20, 09:12 PM
Melodic Casting from Complete Mage. It also lets you use Perform instead of Concentrate.

Troacctid
2015-01-20, 09:12 PM
Most spells have somatic (or material) components, which you can't do with your hands full playing a lute--you need a hand free. However, if there are no somatic or material components, it works fine.

Zaydos
2015-01-20, 09:18 PM
Melodic Casting from Complete Mage. It also lets you use Perform instead of Concentrate.

That's the one. I could have sworn I checked Complete Mage, but I must have missed it.

Most spells have somatic (or material) components, which you can't do with your hands full playing a lute--you need a hand free. However, if there are no somatic or material components, it works fine.

So nothing special, like I thought, but the obvious.