PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] IC - A Super Awesome Real Actual Mythos Game!

Kymme
2015-01-20, 10:50 PM
The City-State of Sagos
The Fifth day of the Month of the Beholder, AIII 120

Many felt the void when the Last Phoenix died. The shockwave of such an auspicious death struck every corner of the world. Water froze into massive icebergs off the shores of tropical islands; golden statues erected to proclaim the glory of the Phoenix and her Avatars grew pitted and red and rusted; entire plains of amber grasses turned grey and withered under the sun. Children all across the world awoke to nightmares of steel-edged shadows and nine-headed dragons with too many eyes.

It was a dark day when your Mother died. In its wake came the deaths of countless numbers of your Brothers and Sisters. Your Order broke apart and its membership was scattered to the winds like a nest of baby spiders. The Avatars of the Phoenix are powerful beings, but their true strength was in numbers. After your Mother’s death, you feared that your strength would never return. But this has changed. The Avatars are reuniting, and this city, this decrepit, archaic, disgusting city, is the the place where they will meet.

You see it now: Sagos (http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/003/e/7/cliff_city_by_benef-d4l8av7.jpg). A city built around the remains of one of the largest Wyrmspawn to ever crawl the world. The battlefield where it died was consecrated and filled with water to keep the spirits of the dead from rising ever again. Before it lies that very lake, dotted with small islands where the creature’s limbs break the surface. Behind it lies the Wasteland: and endless plain of red and brown sands, punctuated by the occasional spire of rock that rises like a knife pointing to heaven.

The sun has just vanished over the horizon, and now the outcroppings of the Wasteland stand in harsh relief against it’s dying light. Within the city countless points of light begin to emerge as citizens ignite their dragon-oil lamps and bonfires. The city awaits.

You may now describe your methods of approach. Those who come from the east probably arrive via a ferry across the lake. For those with less coin to spare, the cliffs that wrap around either side of the lake are probably the best bet. Those coming from the Wasteland can arrive in whichever way they choose, though they will most likely arrive at the top of the city.

Feel free to make Knowledge checks if you want to find out/see if you already know stuff.

ScrambledBrains
2015-01-20, 11:16 PM
"Why, if my eyes don't deceive me, I believe we've arrived at Sagos." Drake Glen murmured to himself as the ferry he'd hitched a ride on began pulling up toward the docks surrounding the city. Looking around the area as the ferry drew closer, Drake couldn't help the chuckle that left his lips, "As good a place as any." He mused, leaping off of the ferry once it had arrived and beginning to walk to a more central location in the city.

commander panda
2015-01-20, 11:56 PM
"Well, there it is."

Varandul shifts in his well worn saddle and observs the corpse-bound city below. In the diminishing light, the many dragon lanterns are beginning to resemble stars across an inverted sky.

"You have never been here, have you, girl? What do you think? Do you like it?"

The horse makes no effort to answer him. She doesn't need to; they read each other just fine.
Notus is nervous. So is he. It's been decades since he last came this far east, and what memories he has of the place are likely long outdated.

"We should.... go greet our 'comrads', I suppose...."

There is a moment of silence as he takes one last long look at The Waste and breaths the dry air deeply. He won't be here again for a very long time, in all likelihood. He might even miss the dust bowl.
Absentmindedly, the halfbreed shifts his head wrap to conceal his elf and orcish features, before guiding his horse down a narrow mountain path, into the city.

Here is to hoping we stay comrades this time.

7th son of sons
2015-01-20, 11:59 PM
Caula smiled as she and Charlette made there way through the... less than tasteful decor of the city.

My, My, My, looks like the place a girl like me could get into trouble.

She fiddled her coats neck clasp, ensuring the Jacket would remain on her throughout the walk.

Still not used to this whole... Phylactrophy thing

She placed a hand on Charlette's reigns, and the other on the aging five foot Broadsword across her back (and most of the rest of her, honestly), setting a steady pace besides her faithful horse.

Best to keep an eye open for... uhm... Oh, right, the Others, of course! I hope they are nicer than the last breed I came across on the way here.

She smiled happily to herself as she and her horse cut through the city, eyes peeled for others cut from her cloth, and ears open for news of their arrival.

roko10
2015-01-21, 12:17 PM
Harroc smiled(with his eyes, of course, his jaws being incapable of movement) when he walked into the city. So, this is the hive of scum and villany I heard about. Still seems strange that us Avatars will meet up here, but oh well., he said, while wandering to the city centre.

Adam1949
2015-01-21, 03:17 PM
Isabelle waits at one of Sagos' lakeside views, watching as the boats and ships come into harbor. "They're coming... people like me, in a strange sort of way." She smiles, lifting her hand to cover a yawn. "It'll be nice to have some more color around here, it was starting to get a little boring."

Bluydee
2015-01-21, 05:52 PM
A man wrapped in a thick tattered cloak covering everything but his eyes stepped forward towards the city, the only sign of his blazing power through the burning emerald hatred shining out from his eyes. He scoffs at the state of the municipality.

"How vulgar."

commander panda
2015-01-21, 07:41 PM
It doesn't take him long to find somebody. He sees the horse first. A war mount, obviously. Built for speed, like Notus. The girl draws his attention second. She looks young, but that means exactly nothing. She's short of stature and heavily armed.
It will be a wonder if she can even draw that sword, the way it is positioned.
Most catching are the eyes. pure black, and poler opposites to his own.
It looks like we have found a winner.

Varandul hangs back for a while, considering how best to introduce himself, before simply directing Notus up next to her horse and riding in silence.

7th son of sons
2015-01-21, 07:59 PM
Caula smiles widely as the Huge, Robed... Man began riding his horse besides hers. He didn't introduce himself, so at first she thought him an old friend. But he didn't look familiar to her. Than again, they so very rarely did. He had the eyes of a dead man, but what she saw of his skin, and what she heard of his breathing, betrayed that idea. His horse was cute though, and he handled it exceptionally well. Caula would hazard the guess he was one of her fellow 'Good Guys'.

She chose to keep her silence, as the man had. No need to open her mouth and make a fool of herself... just yet. Instead, she kept her eyes peeled for her brothers and sisters of the Phoenix, happy to have another companion at her side.

ScrambledBrains
2015-01-21, 08:36 PM
"I must admit, I rather like Sagos..." Drake mused to himself as he walked a bit closer to the town center, "A nice water-front city. Reminds me of...home."

Shaking his head to clear his wistful memories, Drake found himself suddenly gazing out toward a lone woman garbed in mythril, and he grinned. Avatars might be easily mistaken for anyone else by the common folk, but just from looking at her, he could feel her power. "Must be one of my fellows. I should go introduce myself."

Walking toward the figure, he held up a hand in greeting, "Hail, stranger. I am Drake Glen...might I have the honor of your name?

Kymme
2015-01-21, 08:49 PM
Drake and Isabelle

Drake's fellow passengers had given him a wide berth for the duration of their journey across the Nointen Waters, and his leap from the bow of the ferry elicits gasps and a startled "By the Phoenix!" from an older woman waiting on the pier. A few of the taupe-clad guardsmen and scraggly dockworkers shoot him suspicious looks.

-----------------------------

Before the woman has a chance to respond, the two are interrupted by a group of the Sagos Guard.

One of the guardsmen, a youth with a hairless face who clearly lost some sort of coin toss, steps forward. "U-um, excuse me, sah (and lady)," he says, patting the pockets strung to his belt. He makes a show of opening each of them in turn, never meeting Drake's gaze. After a few awkward seconds of frantic searching the guardsman finds what he is looking for: a small leather book bursting at the seams with yellowed parchment. He flips it open and shows Drake one of the pages. There, drawn in an elegant style, is a small drawing of Drake's face. It is upside down, but the name 'Drake Glen' reads clearly above it.

"Is this you, sah?" The boy grins sheepishly, a hopeful expression on his face.

Varandul and Caula

The duo travel in silence as the city rises up below them. Tall buildings made from clay, limestone and what appears to be calcified flesh form Sagos' upper district. The streets here are free from filth and refuse, but the people here are grotesque in a way all their own. Posh ladies, no doubt the wives of unscrupulous merchants, walk along the raised boardwalks accompanied by mongrelfolk servants laden with heavy bags and boxes. In some places children clad in miniature suits play games of bravery, darting in front of wagons and horses on the road.

It is when one such child, careless in his running, trips and falls before the duo's horses that their journey comes to an end.

Harroc

The city center emerges from the cliff-face beside the left eye of the colossal Wyrmspawn. The streets here are narrow and winding, though they do occasionally widen into patches of land suitable for crowds.

It is in one of these squares that Harroc is approaced by a man wearing the taupe-and-black armor of the Sagos guard. He carries himself with the bearing of a man accustomed to giving orders.

"Begging your pardon, my friend," the man says in a tone typically not used to address friends, "but would you happen to be Lighting Heart?"

Sun

The city of Sagos proves to be all the robed man ever dreamed and more. On every street corner was a dark-eyed peddler with a honeyed tongue, or a pagan priest selling dreams of redemption and blessing under some newfangled deity. Disgusting, really.

Rounding a street corner, the robed man finds himself face-to-face with a small army of guardsmen. There must be at least twenty of them, by his count. The men in front stand, biting their lips, unsure of when to speak or how to address this green-eyed wanderer. The men in the back clutch their spears tightly, clearly wanting to be somewhere else.

commander panda
2015-01-21, 09:51 PM
It is times like this varandul is very glad he trains his own horses. Notus avoids bringing a iron shod hoof down on the boy's head by barley a couple of inches, leaving him stranded between the warhorse's forlegs. Carefully, Varandul has Notus walk past the boy, before swinging around so he can lock pupilless eyes with him.
"You should be carful..."
He's unsure if the child is actually listening to what he's saying. The slackjaw would imply not.
"...A lesser horse would have crushed your skull."
Varandul keeps riding.

7th son of sons
2015-01-21, 10:38 PM
Charlette wasn't the tamest mare in the pasture, but she was putting on a show of it besides Notus. When the child hit the ground, she jerked the reigns hard in Caula's hand before stopping. Caula put an icy hand to Charelette's neck, calming her quickly, while her new companion dealt with the child. She took her hand off Candelora and helped the kid to his feet, before rustling the child's prim and proper haircut.

Don't feel too bad, kid. We're the good guys! I guarantee that he probably would have felt bad about it if something happened to you.

Caula smiled and continued on after her new friend, unaware that her words had the exact opposite effect than the one she had hoped for.

roko10
2015-01-22, 01:48 AM
"Of course I'm the robot know as Lightning Heart, Thunder Fist, and the Iron Mongler, good sir!", he said(or rather, shouted), while strinking a pose. "Now, If I may, may I ask for the reason for this interruption?"

ScrambledBrains
2015-01-24, 11:35 PM
Drake turns to the fresh-faced youth, and smiles warmly, "Indeed, my friend, it is I...Drake Glen, at your service. To what do I owe the inquiry? Are you seeking a strong blade-arm for protection, because I'm afraid I'm fully booked for the next few months!" He jokes, winking jovially at the young man to show he was kidding. "Or...are you an autograph seeker, perhaps? That, I'm more than happy to provide, if it's the case." He continues, hoping his relaxed manner will similarly relax the youth before him.

Kymme
2015-01-25, 01:07 AM
Varandul and Caula

The boy runs back to his friends without another word, eyes wide in shock. Slowly, over the next few minutes, the sun vanishes completely over the horizon and night falls for good. The streets are deserted.

Before they can get far, the two Avatars are interrupted by a voice that rings out from the shadows. "The good guys, eh? Then you're exactly who I'm looking for." A man appears, seemingly from nowhere, melting out of the darkness that pools below dragon-oil streetlamps. He stands as tall as a child, but his voice is that of a grown man and his grey eyes shine with a cunning glow--a gnome, surely. The Gnome is clad in navy and black wrappings"Name's Thress Battkind, Thief-Taker General of Sagos. My liege, Prince Macur of Sagos, has need of the Avatars. Will you hear his plea?"

Harroc

The guardsman flinches as Harroc speaks. "Yes, well, if you truly are the Avatar known as Harroc, then the Prince has use of you. He will pay you handsomely for your assistance. Would you accompany me to his manse, O Chosen of the Last Phoenix?"

Drake and Isabelle

"I'm actually, um, well..." The boy stops, inhales, exhales, and then inhales again. "I'm actually here to make a request of you, sah. And the lady, too, if she is who I think she is."

7th son of sons
2015-01-25, 02:13 AM
Caula did a small excited hop in place and clapped her hands quickly a few times, careful to stay close to her horse in case she decided to run off.

I would be delighted to help the Prince with his problems, Mr. Battkind. Just point me in a direction!

commander panda
2015-01-25, 09:48 AM
Varadul's hand twitches reflexively toward his lance when the little man suddenly appears. Even in this light, he sees perfectly fine. Sneaking up shouldn't have been that easy.
This girl is....very cheerfull.
It makes him wonder if she actually looks her age. Shadowy emissaries in the night should usually incite some measure of apprehension.

Still, he knew he was leaving the wastes for a reason. Now here is that reason dropped right in his hands.
And very conveniently, at that....
Who is he, though, to make assumptions on someone else's honour? That bridge was crossed long ago.

With a nod of his head, Varandul acquiesces.

Adam1949
2015-01-25, 01:43 PM
Isabelle crosses her arms, looking down at the young man. "That depends on who you think I am. If you're seeking someone named Isabelle, then you've got the right person." She smiled a half-smile, the sort that a parent would give a child after they told them something obvious; it was pleasant, but also a little amused.

roko10
2015-01-25, 02:00 PM
"Of course, good sir!", Harroc said, while slowly reverting back to his original position(the one he was in before he struck a pose.).

ScrambledBrains
2015-01-26, 03:56 PM
"Ah, so your name is Isabelle...a fine calling." Drake opined with a cheery smile, before turning to face the youth, "Hm, a request for aid, is it? Well, I've never been one to turn down a person in honest need." He finished, before nodding his consent, "As far as I'm concerned, lead the way. As for Isabelle...well, she seems to have been struck mute."

Adam1949
2015-01-27, 03:56 PM
"I see no problem with you," Isabelle remarked to the young man. "As Drake here said, 'lead the way'."

Kymme
2015-01-29, 01:22 PM
Varandul and Caula

"Then let us make haste."

Thress leads the pair through the winding streets of Sagos' upper district, closer and closer to the Wyrmspawn's head. Soon the road transitions into a seemingly endless set of steps that crest the brow of the long-dead monster. Perched like a crown atop the monster's head are a cluster of buildings, all of them three to four story mansions, lit by a massive array of dragon-oil lamps. "The Merchant's District," Thress explains.

The streets here are wide and very clean, with spear-wielding guardsmen at every gate. They stand it pairs, one keeping watch while the other nods off. Each group of guardsmen snaps to attention when you pass.

Eventually you arrive at the center of the Merchant's District. A four-turreted stone building, not unlike the abandoned keeps that dot the border between the Wastes and the rest of the world, stands here, towering over the nearby houses.

"This is the Prince's Manse. The Prince requests that you wait here for a while. There are other Avatars in the city, and they are being brought here as we speak. The Prince wishes to speak with all of you as one group." Thress looks up at the two Avatars with dark eyes. His voice is quiet and monotone, but there is a pang of something--reverence, perhaps?--in his tone. "In all of my days, I never believed that I would see beings such as yourselves. I was a young man when the Last Phoenix died, and I watched as her Avatars were picked off one by one after her passing. I once thought that there were no Avatars left in the world, but I must say that I am happy to be wrong."

"There is much to be done, now, and so very little time to do it. I take my leave of you now."

And with that the little gnome turns on his heel and vanishes in a blossom of shadows.

Harroc

The guardsman gives Harroc a curt nod and heads off towards the corpse's head. Built into the side of the head is a guard station, built around a circular gate. The guards salute as their superior passes and then launch a flurry of salutes as Harroc passes. Some of them murmur his monikers or whisper anecdotes to their companions, but all of them regard the Avatar with a measure of respect.

The man leading Harroc gestures up at some of the men on a high wall, and in a matter of moments the gate is open. The older guardsman turns back to the warforged. "This tunnel," he points, "leads all of the way to the Merchant's District on the top of the head. There will be men stationed there to retrieve you."

Drake and Isabelle

"So you're Isabelle!" The young man fingers through his small book until he finds a page carrying the Avatar's name. "That Damned Mutt," he murmurs. "Alright then! In that case, follow us! We'll take you right to the Prince!" The young man is nearly leaping with excitement at this point, ecstatic with his feelings of success. The look across his face reads: 'now I'll get a raise, for sure!'

He speeds off, the other guardsmen (and the Avatars) in tow. Up and up he runs, before collapsing at the summit of a massive staircase. The guardsmen point them in the direction of the Prince's manse and then depart, taking their now-catatonic companion with them.

You guys are all pretty much within earshot at the end of this cutscene/scene transition thing. Feel free to describe yourselves to the party as you meet each other, converse, and all of that noise. :smallbiggrin:

7th son of sons
2015-01-29, 04:37 PM
Oh my, more of our brothers and sisters! How very exiciting!

Caula boarded Charlette and kept her eyes peeled for those that carried themselves with the grace of the phoenix. An excited smile spreading across her face as her pitch black eyes searched for the light that came from those of the Phoenix.

If I am to be honest, before you, sir, I had not seen one of our kin in such a long time. I do hope they are friendly!

Bluydee
2015-01-29, 05:22 PM
The sun mockingly laughed mirthlessly.

"Is this all there is for a guard? Pathetic. Now step aside. I have business to attend to."

ScrambledBrains
2015-01-29, 06:07 PM
"Well, in all my years, I never envisioned I'd meet so many of my fellows while still in the living world." Drake said to the assembled group, looking over each in turn with a grin. "I don't quite recognize you, friend..." He declared to the cloaked figure on his mighty steed. "But if you are truly an Avatar, you are always welcome to be my ally."

Moving onto the woman on her own beast of burden beside him, Drake nodded, "And you...The Graceful Ferryman, Caula Atina...I'd heard rumors that you died, some report or some such from a noble in the area of your demise. The Phoenix had greater plans for you than as a corpse, I see." He offered, along with a respectful bow.

"And of course, there's Isabelle here. That Damned Mutt, huh?" He murmured, giving the woman a cheery wink.

Turning to the last one of the group currently there, he tilted his head, "And you, my fellow. Would you be Harroc, The Lightning Heart? The Legendary Warforged. I know little about you except for your titles, so I must admit I'm interested to see you in action."

I figure we're all heard the legends of each other, if nothing else. But, if anything here seems amiss, I'm more than willing to edit. :smallsmile:

Adam1949
2015-01-29, 08:07 PM
Isabelle rolls her eyes as her little nickname is spoken by Drake. "That is... not a name that is usually spoken by people who like me." She eyes at the guard suspiciously. "If anything, it's usually said by those who want my hide... Hmmph. Yes, my name is Isabelle. I've heard rumors of you people, but I never expected The Phoenix to be so..." she looked a bit pensive, as though thinking of a tactful way to say what she meant. "... accepting of different backgrounds. Ah, well, the more the merrier as they say."

commander panda
2015-01-29, 08:57 PM
'Always welcome to be my ally' hm? That is not something I ever thought that I would hear an avatar say. They were always quite insistent on the opposite.
Varandul's eyes follow the talkative man back and forth as he makes everyone's introductions for them. Surprisingly enough he finds the whole display somewhat heartening, if perhaps a bit bewildering as well.
Were all of them this cheerful on the pheonixe's side? I do not think our soldiers ever smiled unless they were drinking themselves to death. I certainly did not.
It takes him just a moment too long to realize that he should have responded to the human. Varandul dismounts, walks up to the knight and 'Isabelle', and looms with his hand out for several moments before...
"I am Moon-Eyes."

7th son of sons
2015-01-29, 11:26 PM
Caula clapped her hands together loudly in front of her chest, smiling widely at the collection of her brothers and sisters in front of her.

My, my, my, what a wonderful reunion we have going on! You must be...
She produced a short list from the pocket of her Phylactery, pulling out a short list, most of whom were now crossed off. One of which, A buncha scars = Sir Drake, seemed applicable
Sir Drake! Of course! I must say, I have the utmost respect for one who wields weaponry in such an... interesting fashion as yourself. And yes, if what I was told is correct, I was dead for a time. It was quite liberating, I recommend it!
She nodded back down to her list, noting Isabella=Pettable, and Harroc=Robot, and greeted them thusly.
So, I suppose I have been in the company of rather extraordinary Calvary, Moon-Eyes. Your horse is exceptionally well trained. I must admit I am a tad jealous! And Harroc, I must say, I have never had the chance to meet a Warforged, at least that I can recall. you simply must tell me how it is! And Ms. Isabella, I am so glad you are in high spirits. I look forward to working together with all of you!
She bowed her head curtly, descending her own horse to get a closer look at everyone.

roko10
2015-01-30, 05:42 AM
"Well, Miss Atina, from my past and current experience, being a Warforged is actually very pleasant!", Harroc replied."You don't need to rest or eat, so you don't have to stay at, say, an inn, and you don't have to worry about some assassin sneaking behind you and stabbing you with some poisonous dagger! Of course, there's always the little problem that you will almost certainly outlive everybody you know, but for ther rest...."

Harroc then turned his attention to Varandul. "So, you must be the Whi-, er, Gre- argh, Jade Flash! It's good to meet you in person, and I'm eager to see you in actual combat."

commander panda
2015-02-01, 12:44 AM
It doesn't take much to break off his attempt to shake hands with drake. "Thank you" he says, and moves to submerge his fingers affectionately in Notus' mane. she is right. he has a magnificent horse.
"It is only a mater of raising her with firmness, fairness, and respect." He fishes a carrot from his saddlebags, and treats it to his horse.
"With such long lives that we lead, it is a small thing to take some of it, and raise a future companion."
It comes to him then that this is the most he has spoken to anyone in months, save Notus. He feels a blush come on and is glad his mask obscures it.

He turns to the automaton, surprised that his name has reached ears outside the wasteland. he has heard of the Lightning Heart, though. They do, after all, share the burden of being walking anomalies.
"Yes." he replies, trying to take the creatures measure."I believe that the feeling is mutual."

7th son of sons
2015-02-01, 02:45 AM
Oh my, sir Harroc. It sounds too me as though being a "Warforged" is not so different from being living-dead girl. Perhaps someday you could even become both!
She giggled a bit and turned back to her own horse, putting an icy cold hand where its shoulder was, mellowing the excitable mare to a standstill before turning to Moon-Eyes.
Perhaps you and I should spend a bit less time wandering and a bit more time with dedicated training! You could be like Moon-Eyes horse some day. Believe me, dear, we have the time!

ScrambledBrains
2015-02-01, 09:01 PM
Drake moved to be before the tall man once more, and held out his own hand, "Well, Moon-Eyes, I apologize for my offense in not shaking your hand, and I do hope you won't hold it against me in the future." He murmured sheepishly, grinning up at the cloaked man before him.

commander panda
2015-02-01, 10:48 PM
Varandul blinks once before Shaking Drakes hand back. Truth be told, he hadn't thought to take offense. He's spent too much time with orcs not to know better.
Drake, though. Drake is someone he does not understand.
Yes, bewildering is definitely the word that I will use for this man.

ScrambledBrains
2015-02-03, 12:16 AM
"Well, now that we've fixed up any potential bad blood, I do believe we have a prince to meet. I'll admit, I've never been a man for fancy events or nobles, so I hope I don't offend the man..." Drake opined absently as he walked a few steps closer to the palace, before turning to his fellows and grinning, spreading his arms wide in an inviting gesture, "Come along, my fellows. You won't make me face him alone, will you?"

7th son of sons
2015-02-03, 12:37 AM
Caula pulled on her jacket-cape, ensuring it wouldn't fall from her shoulders. She took Charlette's reigns in hands, leading the mare besides her as she walked just behind Sir Drake, her other moving back up to Candelora's hilt.
Oh, I do so very much look forward to meeting nobility! Come along, dear family. We wouldn't want to leave a bad Impression ♫

Kymme
2015-02-03, 08:46 PM
As the Avatars exchange greetings and get to know each other, the Sun reaches the top of the staircase that leads to the Merchant's District. When their thoughts turn to seeing the Prince, the Sun arrives at the foot of the Prince's manse. Light flickers from between his wrappings as he casts his eyes down upon his Brothers and Sisters. He has arrived.

Bluydee
2015-02-03, 09:58 PM
The Sun gazed out, his eyes roaming around, watching the other avatars. None he remembered, for sure. His voice surged like the barely contained power of a erupting volcano.

"I am the blaze that purged Mandiss. I am the flame that defeated Krosak the Terrible. It was I who turned the Lothre Forest into the Lothre Desert. I have been undoubtedly forgotten. My name has undoubtedly forgotten.

However, you may call me the Green Sun."

7th son of sons
2015-02-03, 11:10 PM
Caula blinked her large, perfectly black spheres twice at the approach of the newcomer. And slowly, a smile formed.
Hello, Green Sun!

ScrambledBrains
2015-02-04, 08:27 PM
Drake looked over the newcomer a moment, his grey eyes concentrated in thought; while he had heard of the rest save for Moon-Eyes, and even then, he'd heard of a man like Moon-Eyes in the legends of the wastes, this man...he'd never heard of him, not even in passing or legends. But if his tales were true, he was evidently powerful, and they'd need all the help they could muster, if his instincts were right.

"Any ally of The Phoenix is an ally of mine." He said to the mystery man after a moment, "Now then, I believe we were making haste to meet with this prince?"

commander panda
2015-02-04, 10:44 PM
Varandul (and Notus, who follows him) halts his ascension of the stairs and turns to regard the thunderous newcomer. What he sees gives him an unmistakable ache of familiarity. Not for the man of corse, he is correct that Varandul has never heard his name.
The familiarity is from the parallels.

He hears wrath in the man's tone, sees hatred in his eyes and reads dangerous pride in his words.
He sees a mask to cover the man's face, and hears an alias to to replace his name.

He sees himself, both as a youth, and now....

He watches the Green Sun silently from the stairs. If this creature is anything like the 'man' varandul once was, he will need to be observed closely. It takes a monster to know a monster.
Turning about, Moon-Eyes continues his climb toward the palace. The Green Sun needn't know of his mistrust. It will be best to observe the way Varandul has always done: from a distance.

Hey Bluydee.
Sorry if Varadul's attitude comes across as antagonistic. Green Sun just kind of reminds me of how I picture Varandul from before he turned on the dragons, and I can't really see him trusting that. He'll avoid letting his mistrust get in the way of the groups goals, though. Hope that's not a problem.

Kymme
2015-02-08, 12:01 AM
As Varandul reaches the summit of the steps to the Prince's manse, the front doors swing open to reveal a brightly lit hallway. The walls are lined with massive tapestries depicting men doing battle with monsters; the Avatars against the Wyrmspawn. If you look close, you can even pick out yourselves--or subtle representations of yourselves--among the hundreds of warriors depicted on the tapestries. The hallway extends forty feet before ending in another,larger set of doors. Every ten feet a pair of dragonoil lamps hang on either wall, keeping the room lit with a eerie green glow.

Make me Spot/Listen Checks, everyone.

Also, let this serve as a way to describe the kind of stuff your characters did during the Wyrm War. For those of you who's characters took a less active role (or an infamous one), still feel free to include yourselves. The tapestries depict many hundreds of years of history.

7th son of sons
2015-02-10, 02:28 AM
Caula clapped her hands excitedly as she pointed to a portrait of a large mass in golden armors, a radiant sun on the flag they carried. She directed Charlette's attention to the tapestry.
Ooh! Ooh! Charlette, If what the mother said is right, this collective in armor are those I used to fight with! They had the same name as I do. So long ago though, I cannot place names to their faces. Such a turbulent time. Before I knew the light of the Mother, I was still a soldier of good. Truly, the mother's grace is limitless
She turned and looked around the room at the rest of her family, seeing if they too could themselves in the portraits around the room, and awaiting the Princes call.

ScrambledBrains
2015-02-11, 05:39 PM
Drake found no record of himself within the years of the Wyrm War outlined upon the tapestry, but upon traveling to the further end, smiled as he found a black-haired figure outlined upon the bountiful fabric, swinging from a cliff with a length of rope and leaping upon an army of orcs, "Ah, my first major fight...I saved the village of Triah. Good people, full of zest...I hope they're doing well..." He mused, before turning and smiling at Caula, "Memories, am I right, my fellow Avatar?" He opined cheerfully.

7th son of sons
2015-02-12, 02:06 AM
Caula sighed sadly, her pure black eyes undimming for a moment
I'm afraid, sir... Drake, Memories of so long ago are not truly my memories. They are the stories the mother told me of the time before I was her avatar. Of all the things I lost and gained upon my awakening, losing those memories... hurts, sometimes.
But at this point, a small smile formed and she looked too him, and around to her brothers and sisters
Though now, with you all so close, and so very real, I suppose I will have to focus on making up for those with new memories of all of us! That's what family is for, or so I've been told.

Bluydee
2015-02-12, 09:52 PM
The Sun glanced at the tapestry, his eyes scanning it for mentions of him. Nothing, until near the beginning, a mere plain drawing of a green city engulfed in a bright orange light.

He scowled at that. He scowled at all of that. The avatars were never to be glorified, something he attempted to tell the others numerous times. They were merely crusaders and pawns in the fight for peace, and reputation should never be involved with that.

ScrambledBrains
2015-02-15, 08:21 PM
Drake nods at Caula, his expression pensive and wistful as he listens to her. "Not all memories make they who remember them happy either, my ally. Perhaps, in that vein, you're lucky. You have forgotten both the good and the bad." He offers.

Shaking his head, he chuckles, "But we are distracting ourselves. I do hope this prince arrives soon."

commander panda
2015-02-16, 01:08 AM
Varandul only half hears Drake's remarks on the nature of memory. He fails to notice an "indeed." pass his own lips as he regards the wall.

Beginning at the dawn of the Wyrm War is the tale of a elvish soldier.
A young footman is depicted defending an unarmed maiden in flowing white clothes from the wrath of the six dragons. She clings to his body and he is sheltering her fervently, but the battle is a lost caus, and in the next frame she has been taken.
The warrior distinguishes himself in battle. He does so again. And again. And again. Eventualy, he is visited by the Phoenixes and given both a vast mesure of their power and their authority.
As the commander of their armies, the warrior, now bearing the brightly coloured green standard of the Pheonix, finally begins to turn the tide if the war. He is The Pheonix Knight.

The warrior is stabbed in the back. His killer is some monstrous fusion of an orc, an elf, and some kind of wyrmspawn. It wields a long spear (or perhaps it is a lance) and it's giant disk-like eyes are a pure white. like moons.
The monster attempts to devour the Phoenix knight's body, but it is driven away by his allies, with only the Phoenix's banner and the warrior's horse as spoils.

Varandul absentmindedly rubs the fabric of his multicoloured cloak between his fingers. It has lost much of it's colour, and is no longer fit to be anyone's banner, but it bears a solemn reminder for him: he will not be that person again.
And now it is his time to prove it. Notus takes her que to wander away as Varandul sits down cross legged on the ground. He waits.

i really need to cut back on this wall of text tendency i have :smalltongue:.

roko10
2015-02-17, 02:50 PM
Harroc couldn't find any records of him on the tapestry, except for one drawing of him punching another Warforged in the face, his fist crackling with electricity.

"Brother.", he said, unsually quiet and sad.

Kymme
2015-02-19, 01:29 AM
The Avatars reminisce on their past experiences. Anger, sadness, the emotions that course through them run the whole gambit. A faint light spills beneath the door to the next room of the Prince's manse. The light dims for a moment, as if someone had just darted in front of the doorway on the other side of the room.

There was more than one flicker... in fact, there were three, at least. There are multiple people inside the next, larger room.
You hear voices speaking on the other side of the threshold. They're speaking Common, but even so the thick door prevents you from making out their words clearly. You manage to catch a few snippets, though.

...the prince... ...damn dirty work... ...check them... ...search... ...escape?...
The conversation on the other side of the door remains unintelligible but you can make out the different speakers. Except... listening again, you realize that though there are multiple participants in the conversation, there is only one voice. They all speak with the same Argunine Accent; that of the City State of Argun.

There are also faint noises behind you. A faint rumbling, like many booted heels striking the cobblestones just outside.

ScrambledBrains
2015-02-19, 12:14 PM
Drake turns from the door but for a moment, looking across his fellows with an even gaze, before jerking a thumb at the door and then reaching for his greatsword, hoping he properly conveyed a simple, one sentence message:

'Get ready for a possible problem.'

7th son of sons
2015-02-19, 05:47 PM
A somewhat malicious smile came across her face as she said a small, nearly silent prayer as she unsheathed the broadsword from her back, it's full size nearly equal to her own.
By the graces of the mother, I awaken you. Arise, Holy Sword Candelora: The Blade Forged in Life that it may serve Me in Death.
She pulled shoulder-jacket tight around her neck, awaiting the go ahead sign.

Bluydee
2015-02-19, 09:08 PM
The Sun smirked. Finally something worth his time, as his eyes ignited even brighter than before, emerald light bursting out of the seams of his cloak.

commander panda
2015-02-19, 10:25 PM
Varandul watches warily through the door as he pulls a small bone whistle from under his shirt. The noise is silent, but by the time Varandul has stood up Notus already waits next to him. He mounts up quickly and positions himself at the opposing end of the room.
Notus digs in her hooves.
Varandul lowers his lance.
"Move."

Varandul is readying an action to charge as soon as that door opens, pending confirmation that there are actual enemies on the other side, of course.

roko10
2015-02-23, 07:05 AM
Harroc readied himself, lifting his fists to a boxing stance. "Let's roll!"

Activating All-Consuming Rampage Release; STR is now 24, and DEX is now 20.

ScrambledBrains
2015-02-23, 08:14 PM
Drake took in a single sharp breath, before he reached for the door handle, pulling on it heavily and moving inside of the doorway and to the right, drawing his blade as he did so.

The move to the right was so Varendul can still charge, if need be. Drake doesn't wanna be gored. :smallbiggrin:

Kymme
2015-02-25, 09:16 AM
On the other side of the door, a massacre waits. Tapestries and portraits and paintings now hang from the walls, defaced with crimson specks.

Nearly a score of Sagos guardsmen - all wearing blue sashes that mark them as the Prince's personal guard - lie in bloody heaps on the floor. In the center of the room, concentrated around the largest pile of bodies, there stands a group of soldiers also wearing the regalia of guardsmen. However, these beings have faces and hair as white as snow, and their eyes shine black like a starless night. Scattered around the room are four other beings that look very much like them in face and body, save that their armor is a black cloth that hugs tightly to the chest. The sleeves, however, are extraordinarily wide and split to the elbow. They are unarmed.

At the far end of the room, a small staircase ascends to the Prince's throne. A body still sits there, bristling with knives. It is difficult to tell what the color of the person's clothes are for they are so stained, but it must undoubtedly be the Prince. Standing over the prince is another man in a light grey overcoat. He has a hardened face of a warrior, with many scars. A pair of yellow spectacles flashes with the light of the dragonoil lamps on the walls, concealing his eyes from you.

The air hangs still for a moment that threatens to stretch into infinity. And then blades are drawn, and a horseman charges.

Here is the map. (http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee508/Kymme777/The%20Throne%20Room%20Map%20Round%202_zpsz4rxwy3w. png)

The blue dot is the guy in the overcoat. The red dots are the dudes with the black armor, and the green dot in the middle is the mass of soldiers. They'll pretty much count as a swarm, in this case.

You guys can place yourselves anywhere in the light grey rectangle at the bottom.

Varandul, you're readied action is up first!

commander panda
2015-02-25, 10:32 AM
Notus is already moveing when Drake hauls the doors open. As they enders the room, Varandul quickly surveys the carnage from atop his speeding mount before sending a flurry of lance thrusts into the mass of soldiers (he's at 20J). He then breaks off sharply to the left, toward the Nearest black robed assailant (it's 16G, he's at 20G) and attempts a single great blow in passing.
He slows Notus with their backs to a wall, (20E) to await the entrance of the others.

Now comes the part where I regret staying within movement distance of the swarm :smalltongue:

Kymme
2015-02-25, 11:34 AM
The cluster of soldiers parts like water before The Jade Flash's lance. Four of their number fall or are sent careening through the air, but their fellows step in to take their place.

The black armored figure is not so lucky. Varandul's spear plunges into his chest and he slumps to the ground with naught but a muted sigh.

Varandul's opening gambit dealt some heavy blows. The giant cluster of soldiers took some hits but is still standing (they also made their save against the bleed damage). The unarmed black-robe guy, on the other hand, is dead. Really, really dead.

Drake, you're up!

Bluydee
2015-02-25, 08:30 PM
The Sun gazed at the sight before him. Pitiful, if this was to be his opponents. Eyes blazing, he drew out a hand, as it suddenly bathed the whole room in a harsh emerald luminescence, particles of light sucking in as if it were the event horizon of a dead star. He stretched it out, pointing directly towards the mass of soldiers. The accumulated ball of energy collapsed in his hand, the emerald shine disappearing. A moment passed.

Then the utter power of a enraged star flooded out in a flash of destruction.

From, like J23, squares JK22 to JK10 are engulfed in my laser. Assume I retroactively did in fact rage beforehand.

Then I use Weakness-Browsing Arrogance on Grey Overcoat dude to see his power scale.

-Whether its Challenge Rating is Worthless (5 or more less than your ECL), Pathetic (2-4 less than your ECL), Insolent (equal to your ECL, plus or minus 1), Misleading (2-4 more than your ECL), or Impossible (5 or more greater than your ECL).
-The level of its highest level spell-like ability, spell, martial maneuver, psionic power, and mystery.
-Its spell resistance, power resistance, energy resistances, energy immunities, and damage reduction.
-Its Divine Rank.

ScrambledBrains
2015-02-25, 08:32 PM
Just so everyone knows, I plan on playing up the effects of Heart-Freezing Atrocity Void. The man you've all seen up until now: jovial, friendly, slow to anger, etc? That guy's gone while he's under the effect of this Mythos, replaced by a brutal man with no repercussions about slaying anyone whom has earned his ire. For those who've seen Attack on Titan, this is like what happens to Mikasa when Eren's in trouble. :smallbiggrin:

If you guys wanna show your reactions to this change, that would be really sweet. :smallsmile:

In that instant he sees the carnage before him, Drake's demeanor changes, his grey eyes growing into a frozen steel and narrowing as his lips turn into a snarl. He strides forward unhurried, a slow measured stride that takes him before the mass of soldiers in the center, his right hand leaving his greatsword on his back and moving to be beside him on his left side.

"Come." He speaks with an icy tone but one word, and instantly, a shortsword is now in his grasp. He locks eyes with the closest soldier before him, as he begins to swing the blade. "Die." He says just as icily, his blade now fully arcing toward the swarm of men.

Free Action: Activate 'Heart-Freezing Atrocity Void'
Move Action to K17.
Free Action: Draw Shortsword from 'Elsewhere', and using 'Flickering Elsewhere Strike' to catch the soldiers flat-footed, so I can trigger both Iaijutsu Focus and 'The Crooked Fist of Pragmatism'
Standard Action: 1 Attack to the Squad. If I drop someone, I get a second attack from 'Tavern-Clearing Cleave.'.

All Dice Rolls will be in the appropriate thread. :smalltongue:

Kymme
2015-02-25, 10:26 PM
The blast of Sun's power is enough to completely disintegrate the majority of the squad. Drake's sudden attack cleans up the last remaining soldier.

There are a few moments of silence. The black-suited men stand like statues, and it is difficult to gauge their expressions. Their leader, however, is much more transparent.

"Haha!" His voice rings out with completely unrestrained joy. "You're finally here. I was wondering when you lot'd show up. Welcome, Avatars of the Last Phoenix!" As he speaks he lifts his arms to his sides, hands outstretched and palms open. He tumbles away from the Prince's throne and lands beside one of his men. Then, as if by magic, his gloved hands bristle with knives and in a split second they are in the air, streaking forward like arrows. "Welcome to the show!"

Two of the knives lance towards Sun, one lances towards Drake, and the final knife soars towards Varandul.

After the knives flash forward, there is a fearsome howl as a mangy grey blur streaks forward, gnashing its teeth in fury. Isabelle pelts at full speed for the black-clad man furthest back, lunging at him with her teeth.

A combination of Sun's sunfire (ha) and Drake's iajutsu manages to finish off the big squad.

Sun: The grey-coat guy comes across as Insolent. Very, very Insolent.

The dude in the grey coat dashes to G10. He throws four knives.

2 of them go towards Sun. The first one hits, dealing 17 damage.

One of them goes towards Drake. It hits, dealing 22 damage.

The last one goes towards Varandul. It hits, dealing 13 damage.

Isabelle charges to I8 in Werewolf form. She makes a charge attack against the guy I6, hitting and dealing 11 damage.

*inhales*

Varandul, you're up!

commander panda
2015-02-26, 01:20 AM
Varandul grunts in pain and anger as he rips free the small blade and tosses it away. That man is fast. And strong. And evidently the leader.
"We have a job. Move. Now."
Notus knows her cues. Varandul leans in, and his horse hurtles them along the wall and into striking distance. As the Jade Flash flashes by, he rains blows on both the grey suited man and his black-robed servant, before speeding away and into a far-flung corner of the room. He will not be caught by that man again.

Kymme
2015-02-26, 01:12 PM
As Varandul tears the blade from his shoulder and tosses it aside the weapon fades away into a wisp of blue smoke. The man who threw it smiles.

When Varandul comes charging past he and his black-clad lackey are ready. They dodge away from the rider's onslaught.

Then the lackeys spring into action. They surge across the battlefield, their unclad arms transforming into vicious talons the length of shortswords. One of them bears down on Sun, running at full tilt across the battlefield to Varandul and laying into the horseman's mount with his claws. One of his companions sidesteps away from Isabelle and lays into her with oddly-elongated limbs. The third and final creature sprints at Drake, attempting to cut the warrior down with a mighty swipe.

Both of Varandul's attacks miss.

The black-suited guy in P10 charges to P6 and attacks Notus. He hits the horse, dealing 14 damage. His movement provkes, so you can feel free to make your attack, commanderpanda.

The black-suited guy fighting Isabelle 5-foot-steps to I4 and takes a swing at Isabelle. He hits, but Isabelle's DR means that she only takes 4 damage.

The last black-suited guy charges at Drake. He hits and deals 12 damage.

Harroc, you're up!

commander panda
2015-02-26, 03:04 PM
Notus prances barley clear of the bladed monster's assault as Varandul rains blows on it. The closeness is alarming to say the least, and Moon-Eyes feels the blood rush Quickly to his head as he glares down at the disgusting little insect.
"You will not touch my horse."

Kymme
2015-02-26, 04:16 PM
Varandul's efforts manage to keep Notus safe from harm, and a lucky lance-thrust finds the black-suited man's shoulder and draws blood.

A 40 is enough to dodge the attack, commander. Also, you hit and deal damage. Noice.

Harroc, it's still your go!

roko10
2015-02-28, 03:13 AM
Harroc braced himself, as his fists are locked in position. Suddenly, both of his fists rocketed forward, chains holding them so they won't get lost.

Start at 23J. Harroc took a 5-feet step and uses his swift action to use I CAST MY FIST, thereby increasing his pseudoreach to 65 ft. Full attack on the black suited guy who is bothering Drake.
, with Power Attack. Burning 6 points of BAB to gain a +12 bonus to damage rolls.

Kymme
2015-03-01, 01:31 AM
The black-cloaked warrior is surprised by Harroc's attack, but manages to throw himself to the side and avoid the Avatar's... esoteric strike. He mutters a curse about Avatars and their weird powers before turning back to face Drake.

Suddenly, the doors behind the party burst open. A score of men, clad in the same livery of the recently-deceased guardsmen, sprint through the hallway and throw themselves upon Caula, Harroc, and Sun. The force of their numbers far outweighs the accuracy of their attacks, and all three of the Avatars find themselves the worse for wear.

Both of Harroc's attacks miss.

After that, another group of soldiers burst in like YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, and procede to lay the smack down on Harroc, Caula, and Sun.

Sun takes 23 damage, Caula takes 16 damage, and Harroc takes 18 damage.

Caula, you're up!

7th son of sons
2015-03-01, 11:16 AM
Caula turned to face the one who had attacked her, Candelora in her hands.
I'm sorry your choices have lead you to this. I hope you find peace in the next life
And with that, she flourished her blade in front of her before launching her offensive.

First hit is AC 28, Damage is 18.

2nd hit is critical failure. :smallfrown:

Kymme
2015-03-01, 10:14 PM
The Graceful Ferryman's first strike cleaves one of the soldiers in twain. Her second strike flashes across another man's shield, filling the air with sparks.

Caula manages to hit the soldiers with her first attack.

Sun and Drake, you two are up next!

ScrambledBrains
2015-03-02, 10:18 PM
Drake grunts in pain as the dagger lands home in his flesh, and again as another of his foes charges at him, the man's swing carving a thin line across Drake's chest. He had not tasted combat in far too long, if such attacks could find purchase in his skin...he had grown soft...

No more.

Sheathing his shortsword, he grasped his greatsword in a two-handed grip over his shoulder, and stepped diagonally to be before the man who had rushed him, "Fool." He barked, as he sledge-hammered down with the blade, crashing it upon the man before he drew his arms back and followed the slam up with a ferocious stab forward, attempting to gore the man.

Free Action: Sheathe Shortsword.
Grasp Greatsword
Five Foot Step to J16
Full Attack on Guy in J15
Actions will be in Dice Rolls Thread.

If my attacks land, take the damage value away from this guy's armor as well unless he passes a DC 17 Reflex Save.

Bluydee
2015-03-05, 08:42 PM
The Sun roared as the maggots who dared to attempt to harm him-dare to even fight him, power in its purest form. This he could not stand, no, would not stand. With one flick of the wrist, his hand let out a torrent of emerald force directed at the mass of worms who chose to die today.

In dice thread.

Kymme
2015-03-07, 11:10 PM
Drake's sword cuts deep into the bizzare man, though he manages to avoid any undue damage to his equipment.

Sun sees fear in the eyes of the soldiers arrayed before him. They were mercenaries, most likely. Men in the wrong place at the wrong time, fighting the wrong people. Most of them seemed like able-bodied men of a married age. Some probably had children - wives and families, too.

Pity.

The blast of jade light rips the men closest to the Avatar's outstretched hand limb from limb, casting them into the faces of their companions before disintegrating them all in bright green hellfire. The chamber falls still for a moment, as even the bizzare shapeshifting warriors gawk at the carnage that a mildly annoyed Avatar can create.

And then the man in the overcoat begins to clap. "Wonderful!" He cheers, his features spread into a broad grin. "~Kiss the sun, lest she be angry, and ye perish from the way when her wrath is kindled but a little!~" He stops clapping and turns to the Green Sun. "That is how the scripture goes, no?" Knives bloom in his hands and his grin widens. "It is such a shame I will have to extinguish this sun! Oh how I wished I might see him snuff out a few more lives." He sighs, walking towards the doors where the Avatar stands. "Do me a favor, and die!" The daggers fly from his hands in streaks of blue light.

Meanwhile, Isabelle continues to savage the warrior before her.

Drake hits with his first attack, but not the second. Sun completely obliterates the massive bunch of humans in front of him. Remind me to throw more mooks at you guys next time. :smalltongue:

They guy in the overcoat dashes to L8. From there he throws 4 knives.

2 of them go for Sun, but they both miss. One goes for Harroc and hits, dealing 14 damage. The last one goes straight for Drake and hits, dealing 18 damage.

Isabelle uses Predator's Piercing Blow on the dude she's fighting. She successfully hits, dealing 25 damage.

Varandul, you're up!

commander panda
2015-03-08, 12:30 PM
That man speaks much and acts little. Foolish. Perhaps we could have drake distract him with conversation a while.
Varandul glances at drake to see his jovial demeanour gone cold as stone.
Or perhaps not....

The Cavalry breaks off from his robed opponent (he'll be back for that one later) and charges for Isabelle's, lashing out before he turns and blurs past the obvious leader. Striking as he goes.
"Focus yourself. Assault the loud one."

ScrambledBrains
2015-03-08, 07:48 PM
Watching the dagger screaming for his flesh fly at him, Drake removes his left hand from his greatsword, and catches the blade before it can connect. As the dagger fades away into vapor, he glares over at the man who'd thrown it. "Foolish." He barked, "I won't fall for the same trick a second time."

Kymme
2015-03-13, 09:23 PM
Varandul's lance impales the man fighting Isabelle through the chest, sending him flying to leave a bloody stain on the wall. Isabelle, her body shifting from a fur-covered human with fangs and claws to an immense wolf, howls at the rider as he passes.

The grey-coated man is much quicker on the draw. When Varandul strikes at him with his spear the man leaps back, breaking apart into many hundreds of flitting shadows. The shadows flutter across the room and re-corporate into the form of the assassin, unharmed, with a cocky grin on his lips.

Before another word can be spoken, the remaining black-clad shapeshifters rush into action. The one beside Drake lunges, laying into him with his long, morphing talons. The other charges Isabelle, for want of a better target.

Varandul's first strike annihilates the weird shapeshifter guy. The leader, however, activates a new ability, teleporting as an immediate action to avoid The Cavalry's attack.

Then the claw men make their move. The one in P6 charges to K6, attacking Isabelle. He hits, dealing 8 damage.

The one currently fighting Drake lays into him with two more attacks. They both miss.

Harroc, you're up!

roko10
2015-03-14, 08:46 AM
Harroc grunted in pain and frustation, as he braced himself yet another time. "This time, you will NOT escape!", he shouted whilst his fists rocketed forward once again.

Gee, am I glad I took Excited Monster Aegis.

Harroc spends all of his Resistance Points , reducing the total damage dealt to 4 damage. It still triggers Retribution will Follow, increasing Harroc's STR to 28 and his DEX to 24. Full attack on the assassin, draining 7 points of BAB for 14 extra PA damage.

Kymme
2015-03-18, 07:17 PM
The assassin spins out of the way of one of Harroc's fists, deflecting it with a blue flash of steel. The second, however, strikes him in the shoulder and sends him stumbling backwards. The man's head droops, and he exhales loudly. Then he locks eyes with Harroc, his lips still twisted into a vile grin.

Harroc hits the assassin once. That damage won't put him out of the fight, but it took a good chunk out of his HP.

Caula, you're up!

7th son of sons
2015-03-18, 10:39 PM
Caula took a moment to scan the area of combat. Her brothers and sisters seemed to be doing very well, all thing considered, though many of them, one in particular, carried themselves a bit differently in combat than out of it. Tightening the grip on Candalora, she returned focus to her would-be killer.
By the heavenly light that is our blood, I command you: Vanish
And with those words, she swung powerfully and wildly, prepared to destroy the man entirely.

Making two attacks, both with Power Attack penalties of 3, and Damage Boosts of 6
First roll is on Armor Class 24, dealing 19 damage
the second is against the silly armor class of 8, an in the unlikely event it hits, deals 22 points of damage

Kymme
2015-03-23, 07:52 AM
The assassin leaps back to avoid Caula's blade, but he is not fast enough. Candalora rakes across his chest, tearing through the front of his greatcoat and spilling blood in all directions. The man coughs, a scarlet flow beginning to drip from his lips.

Caula's first attack wounds the man. Her second attack misses.

Sun, you're up!

ScrambledBrains
2015-04-23, 02:54 PM
Drake smirks as the man's raking talons bounce off of his armor, not once drawing blood. "Weak. This is how you kill a man." Drake said arrogantly, before he takes his greatsword and turns it sideways in his grasp. With a twist like that of the tornado, he slams the blunt side of his weapon at the man fiercely before switching his grip and aiming the weapon's tip at him again, hoping to gore him through.

Free Action: Quality-Muting Prowess to change damage type of my Greatsword to bludgeoning.
First Attack of my Full-Attack, taking a minus 3 for PA
Free Action: Quality-Muting Prowess to change damage type of my Greatsword to piercing.
Second Attack of my Full Attack, taking a minus 3 for PA.

If the first attack hits, Will Save 17 or disoriented. If the second attack hits, Fortitude Save 17 or bleeding damage.