PDA

View Full Version : [3.X] More Magic Items

Thurbane
2015-01-21, 03:17 AM
Can anyone point me to sources of magic items, other than those in the MIC, A&EG and other official WotC sources?

Preferably for 3.5 (or 3.0), but Pathfinder is OK if it can be converted. Homebrew and 3rd party are fine.

So far I've heard about Favored in Magic (Paradigm Concepts) and the Genius Guide to Loot series.

All input welcome.

Cheers - T

Thurbane
2015-01-21, 11:09 PM
... no one?

Vhaidara
2015-01-21, 11:49 PM
Well, the Tomes (Battle and Magic) should have some items that aren't in MIC. I think DMG2 had some. I'm not sure about publishing dates, but I'm pretty sure MIC contained everything published up to that point.

Also, for PF items (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items)

Bullet06320
2015-01-22, 05:10 AM
The Practical Enchanter
http://www.rpgnow.com/product/51242/The-Practical-Enchanter

free download
all sorts of fun to be had here

3rd party, but free

Darrin
2015-01-22, 11:52 AM
Could you be a little more specific about what you're looking for, or what you think is lacking in the DMG/MIC?

Thurbane
2015-01-22, 01:22 PM
Nothing lacking as such, just wanting some new magic items to peruse...

Maybe lower powered items, as a lot of the items in the DMG/MIC/A&EG are quite pricey/high powered.

Droningbass
2015-01-22, 02:05 PM
If you're ok with materials published by non-WOTC groups, there are a few that I've always found interesting.

One of my favorite groups of books to peruse has been the Quintessential Series by Mongoose Publishing. The books are aimed at each of the core classes and races, and each one as some interesting items (magical, alchemical, and mundane) that have some exciting potential. They work really well with 3.0 and 3.5. I think that the introduction of the Arcane Nexus in the Quintessential Wizard is probably one of the coolest items out there!

Another great set of books (also by Mongoose Publishing) is the Encyclopaedia Arcane. These books are each focused on a school of magic, and a couple new areas are explored as well. Each book has some outstanding school-themed items (I remember the Abjuration book having some particularly awesome ones).

There's also a group of books called the "Buck-A-Batch" series. They were published by Creation's Edge Games, and have a bunch of relatively affordable items, even if some of them are a little limited or too specific.

Since all of these are external source-books, you'd have to talk with your DM to get approval for the items. But, they make for an interesting read at the very least!

Qwertystop
2015-01-22, 06:37 PM
There's been a bunch of threads on here collecting ideas, some with mechanical representations. Googling "site:giantitp.com interesting magic items" without the quotes turns up quite a few, and the tag system on here might help find more if there's been any since the overhaul.

Here's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?179666-Useless-but-fun-magic-Items) one such thread, though I don't know if that exact search would turn it up.

Thurbane
2015-01-22, 07:21 PM
Thanks guys, 3rd party and homebrew are most welcome.

Optimator
2015-01-22, 08:12 PM
The Forgotten Realms books are chocked-full of awesome magic items. A lot of them were nerfed and discounted and put in the MIC. My group uses both and just says the originals are the "greater" versions.

Magic of Faerun is great, the PGtF is good, UE has some great stuff, CHampions of Ruin/Valor have great stuff. Check them out!

The original Bracers of Blinding Strike are some of my all-time favorites.