PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Advice on a hit and run striker style character

aza9999
2015-01-21, 04:54 AM
Originally i was thinking of going rogue with the scout archetype from bravo's knife master scout guide (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B703BEBAUgBxQm9Xbm1fOFdzYXM/edit?pli=1) which opens up a lot of extra ways to get sneak attack in, but i want to look at other classes such as ranger too.

The idea would be someone highly mobile who gets in, hits hard and then runs away, running between targets on the battlefield.

I've come from 3.5 and only been playing pathfinder for a few months so i'm still not overly familiar with all the archetypes available to build something like this.

I'd like to stick to pathfinder official material as i need a really good reason to get third party or 3.5 stuff approved.

The basic build from that guide is as follows

Traits:
Reactionary +2 initiative, win initiative and throw 2 daggers for SA
Heirloom Weapon gain proficiency in a Kukri.
Weapons of choice:
Glamered Keen Kukri
Distance returning daggers - hide these up spring loaded wrist sheathes
Feats and Talents:
1. Focused study bonus feat: Skill focus (Acrobatics)
1. Feat: Two weapon fighting
2. Rogue talent: Finesse rogue
3. Feat: Weapon focus (Kukri)
4. Rogue talent: *Offensive defense
4. Scout: Charge and SA
5. Feat: Disorientating maneuver
6. Rogue talent: Peerless maneuver
6. Favored Class Bonus talent: *Slow reactions
7. Feat: Improved two weapon fighting
8. Rogue talent: Combat trick Opening volley
8. Focused study bonus feat: Skill focus (Use magic device)
8. Scout: Move more than 10ft and SA
9. Feat: Acrobatics
10. Advanced talent: *Entanglement of blades
11. Feat: Extra talent: Skill mastery - Bluff, UMD, Acrobatics, Stealth
12. Advanced talent: Feat: Critical focus
12. Favored Class Bonus talent: *Crippling strike
Tactics:
Critical on 15-20
Charge and hurl a dagger for SA with +2 hit
Then Charge and stab with a knife for SA using the feat Opening volley to get +6 to hit
Tumble over enemies and move a total of 15 feet for +2 hit.

stack
2015-01-21, 11:27 AM
Combining scout and beastmorph vivisectionist alchemist to get pounce can be fun. Sap master feats can boost damage too, if nonlethal is okay.

aza9999
2015-01-21, 01:47 PM
Combining scout and beastmorph vivisectionist alchemist to get pounce can be fun. Sap master feats can boost damage too, if nonlethal is okay.

Sounds like interesting combos, i'll look into it thanks!

Psyren
2015-01-21, 06:32 PM
You can also be a Ninja Scout, because they can trade away UD/IUD too. Combine this with Catfolk (+Dex +Cha) and Claw Pounce + Claw Blades + TWF/ITWF/GTWF to get a bunch of attacks on your charge, all with SA applied. Apply the agile enchanmtent to your claw blades as well for Dex to damage.

avr
2015-01-21, 06:50 PM
A halfling cavalier on a wolf, with spirited charge and risky striker, can be more mobile and more reliable damage. Tumbling is not as reliable in PF as in 3.5 either.

If both mount and rider have the Escape Route teamwork feat there's an argument that neither provokes AoO's for moving ever. Check with your GM, some will find this rank cheese.

aza9999
2015-01-21, 07:15 PM
Catfolk ninja scout could fit well. I'll look into it, thanks.

Halfling cavalier does sound like an interesting concept (Sir didymus and ambrosia from the labyrinth?) but it wont really fit this character concept I'm working on. Thanks for the suggestion though.