PDA

View Full Version : [VS] Batman-off

Flickerdart
2015-01-21, 01:11 PM
Forget the Dark Knight with his sandpapery vocal chords, bat-suit nipples, and brooding. This is the fight of the ultimate campy Batmen!

In the blue corner: the classic Adam West incarnation from the 1960s TV show, with his trusty Robin by his side and bat-shark-repellent. A master of onomatopoeic martial arts, his atomic-powered Batmobile, Batboat, and Batcopter help him get from one improbable death trap to the next. This is a Batman who does everything by the books - brush your teeth, do your homework, and don't ambush Superman with a kryptonite shiv, kids!

In the red corner: the Batman from Batman: The Brave and the Bold. While used to taking on high-caliber threats, this Batman also frequently works with other heroes. Now that he is on his own, can he stand up to the dynamic duo?

The situation is thus: the Gothams of these Batmen inexplicably converge across the universes, probably because Bat-Mite did it. Each Batman believes that he is the "correct" one, and the other Batman is an impostor that must be subdued and unmasked. None of the people that Batman would normally ally with or even his enemies can tell which one is real, and are not going to interfere in the fight. West's Robin is the exception, since TBATB's Batman parted ways with Robin in his show. As long as each Batman can be reasonably sure that the other will survive, they can employ anything in their arsenal, as long as it doesn't cause unnecessary collateral damage.

BRC
2015-01-21, 02:02 PM
BATB Batman is one of the more powerful versions of Batman out there. His cape is a Jetpack, and his car is a giant robot.

Also, are we counting Proto, the Prototype Batbot (Voiced by Adam West) as another Hero, or as a tool in BATB Batman's Arsenal.

Also, if me and my friends interpretation is correct, he got Plastic Man's Powers in one episode, but never lost them.

Flickerdart
2015-01-21, 02:05 PM
Also, are we counting Proto, the Prototype Batbot (Voiced by Adam West) as another Hero, or as a tool in BATB Batman's Arsenal.
Definitely another hero.

Also, there are remarkably few uses for a giant robot when your aim is to capture a human-sized human alive without collateral damage.

Aotrs Commander
2015-01-21, 02:18 PM
You know, I don't think I really care who wins, because it would be easily the best Batman story in the entire history of ever.

YES, I am being completely serious.

I actually, I do know who wins: us, the viewing audience.

How many people do you think I need to set on lightning at WB slash DC to make this happen...?

BWR
2015-01-21, 04:26 PM
Best VS. ever? (the only other versus I can think of that would be anywhere near as awesome is Jeeves vs. Alfred Pennyworth vs. Blackadder III in a match to determine who has the silliest master).
I'd have to go with BTBATB. He has ridiculous amounts of gear and gadgets and I don't think AW has Bat Bat-repellent (though you never know). BTBATB's fighting skills are also right up there, except when narrative wants him to be captured - and on that point I think he and AW are on equal footing.

Legato Endless
2015-01-21, 04:58 PM
In the red corner: the Batman from Batman: The Brave and the Bold. While used to taking on high-caliber threats, this Batman also frequently works with other heroes. Now that he is on his own, can he stand up to the dynamic duo?

I was half expecting you to say, "In the other blue corner."

BATB Batman is one of the more powerful versions of Batman out there. His cape is a Jetpack...

And a spacesuit. West! can't just jet off into the cosmos at a call to resolve an alien war.

Best VS. ever? (the only other versus I can think of that would be anywhere near as awesome is Jeeves vs. Alfred Pennyworth vs. Blackadder III in a match to determine who has the silliest master).
I'd have to go with BTBATB. He has ridiculous amounts of gear and gadgets and I don't think AW has Bat Bat-repellent (though you never know). BTBATB's fighting skills are also right up there, except when narrative wants him to be captured - and on that point I think he and AW are on equal footing.

Eh, I could see West!Batman POW WHAMM-ing Brave! into submission. BATB can mop the floor with mooks like the best of them, but he's a gadget genius first and a martial artist third or so. He tends to struggle more against trained opponents, hence his primary takeaway from his instructor in the Fearsome Fang episode was, when in doubt, cheat. But this assumes Brave! doesn't have his tech wizardry, and good luck with that.

Maybe they should have a contest for catching villains instead? Although West! is still at a disadvantage here, being obligated to escape from a death trap after every commercial break.

Prime32
2015-01-21, 07:33 PM
Batman wins. Unless Batman has preparation time, in which case Batman wins.

theNater
2015-01-21, 08:19 PM
After a brief period of fisticuffs, Batman and Batman will discover they are too closely matched for either to subdue the other without serious injury. However, Batman, realizing that Batman is an honorable sort, will challenge Batman to a talent competition; loser unmasks himself. Batman, realizing that Batman is also an honorable sort, will accept. Batman will take the dance-off, but Batman will win the singing competition, leaving the score tied at Batman to Batman. Finally the Batman round begins, in which Batman Batmans the Batman, while Batman Batmans. Batman Batman Batman Batman, leaving Batman the Batman.

Batman.

Ramza00
2015-01-21, 10:23 PM
I am Groot.

SirisC
2015-01-22, 12:23 AM
After a brief period of fisticuffs, Batman and Batman will discover they are too closely matched for either to subdue the other without serious injury. However, Batman, realizing that Batman is an honorable sort, will challenge Batman to a talent competition; loser unmasks himself. Batman, realizing that Batman is also an honorable sort, will accept. Batman will take the dance-off, but Batman will win the singing competition, leaving the score tied at Batman to Batman. Finally the Batman round begins, in which Batman Batmans the Batman, while Batman Batmans. Batman Batman Batman Batman, leaving Batman the Batman.

Batman.

Reminds me of a scene from The Best Robin (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El_KihIVwFM#t=87.5).

Mando Knight
2015-01-22, 12:37 AM

Batman.

And in the meantime, the quantum Bat-singularity cleans up every version of Gotham City known to Bat-kind.

Cheesegear
2015-01-22, 12:53 AM
Robin: Holy identity crisis, Batman! It's another Batman!
Batman: Well, old chum. Looks like the Joker is up to his old tricks again.

Batman: Hmm. Another Batman. Did Dr. Double X split me again? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCRpStzoWb4) I may have to retreat to the Batcave to find out who this imposter really is.

Batman: Get him, Robin!

Batman: If that's the way you want it...

*POW! SOK! BIFF!*

Batman: A worthy foe, indeed. Lucky thing that I've brought my Batman-repellent spray!
Robin: Do you really think that will work?
Batman: We'll just have to find out.

Batman: Gah! What is that?
Batman: It's my anti-Batman spray!
Batman: Smells like something I used to wear in college! That cologne is awful.
Batman: Wait, you wore this same cologne is college? So did I!
Batman: I gave Nightwing a batch of the same stuff to use on me if I ever went rogue.
Robin: Who's Nightwing?
Batman: A friend of mine. So, if you're Batman, and I'm Batman, and we both wore the same thing in college...
Robin: Amazing alternate altercations, Batman. I think this may be a parallel dimension's Batman!
Batman: You may be right Robin. This reminds me of... Bat-Mite. He may be trying to figure out which Batman is the best Batman, and he's thrown me into an alternate dimension to fight against my other selves.
Batman: That's ridiculous. All Batmans...Batmen would be the same, would they not?
Batman: You'd be surprised my 1966 friend. Wait 'til you get a load of Green Lantern, and Flash.
Batman: Green Lantern? Is he anything like the Green Hornet?
Batman: Not even close my friend. Not even close.

The Glyphstone
2015-01-22, 01:02 AM
But where are Baleman, Keaton Batman, Clooney Batman, Batman Beyond, B:TAS Batman, and Beware The Batman Batman? How can we have a true Batman-off with only two contestants?

Heck, even if it's just the campy Batmen, how can you leave out ClooneyBats, with his Bat-Credit Card?

Flickerdart
2015-01-22, 11:19 AM
But where are Baleman, Keaton Batman, Clooney Batman, Batman Beyond, B:TAS Batman, and Beware The Batman Batman? How can we have a true Batman-off with only two contestants?
Too gloomy, they'd kill the Bat-vibe.

Heck, even if it's just the campy Batmen, how can you leave out ClooneyBats, with his Bat-Credit Card?
The Bat-bank didn't handle the financial crisis gracefully.

Fri
2015-01-23, 08:21 AM
Robin: Holy identity crisis, Batman! It's another Batman!
Batman: Well, old chum. Looks like the Joker is up to his old tricks again.

Batman: Hmm. Another Batman. Did Dr. Double X split me again? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCRpStzoWb4) I may have to retreat to the Batcave to find out who this imposter really is.

Batman: Get him, Robin!

Batman: If that's the way you want it...

*POW! SOK! BIFF!*

Batman: A worthy foe, indeed. Lucky thing that I've brought my Batman-repellent spray!
Robin: Do you really think that will work?
Batman: We'll just have to find out.

Batman: Gah! What is that?
Batman: It's my anti-Batman spray!
Batman: Smells like something I used to wear in college! That cologne is awful.
Batman: Wait, you wore this same cologne is college? So did I!
Batman: I gave Nightwing a batch of the same stuff to use on me if I ever went rogue.
Robin: Who's Nightwing?
Batman: A friend of mine. So, if you're Batman, and I'm Batman, and we both wore the same thing in college...
Robin: Amazing alternate altercations, Batman. I think this may be a parallel dimension's Batman!
Batman: You may be right Robin. This reminds me of... Bat-Mite. He may be trying to figure out which Batman is the best Batman, and he's thrown me into an alternate dimension to fight against my other selves.
Batman: That's ridiculous. All Batmans...Batmen would be the same, would they not?
Batman: You'd be surprised my 1966 friend. Wait 'til you get a load of Green Lantern, and Flash.
Batman: Green Lantern? Is he anything like the Green Hornet?
Batman: Not even close my friend. Not even close.

I honestly and literally can't help but reading this in each respective bat's voice.

Kaeso
2015-01-23, 11:19 AM
I think Adam West and his Bat-repellant bat-spray would win.

Aotrs Commander
2015-01-23, 12:18 PM
I honestly and literally can't help but reading this in each respective bat's voice.

Yeah, I found that too.

Scowling Dragon
2015-01-24, 12:41 PM
No Terry Mcguinness? Bit misaligned but deserves a spot as well. With Old Bruce Wayne. As well as even older slightly even more Psycho Bruce Wayne.

And why not throw in batman from BTAS? And Batman from "The Batman" so he can get brutally murdered to motive the more deserving Batmans and be buried in an Unmarked grave.

Flickerdart
2015-01-24, 12:48 PM
Did they have parallel dimensions in the 60s?

BWR
2015-01-24, 12:49 PM
No Terry Mcguinness? Bit misaligned but deserves a spot as well. With Old Bruce Wayne. As well as even older slightly even more Psycho Bruce Wayne.

And why not throw in batman from BTAS? And Batman from "The Batman" so he can get brutally murdered to motive the more deserving Batmans and be buried in an Unmarked grave.

I'm not sure you quite get the nature of this VS.
How are Terry, or BTAS Bats campy?

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-01-24, 02:23 PM
I think Adam West and his Bat-repellant bat-spray would win.
I'm inclined to agree. Plus, both he and Robin are outrageously capable of solving inane riddles like "What weighs 6 ounces, sits in a tree, and is extremely dangerous?" Holy deduction, Batman! Can you comprehend the caliber of the intellects which were able to deduce from a single crime description the collaboration of Penguin, the Riddler, and Catwoman?

theNater
2015-01-24, 02:44 PM
Captain Kirk went to the mirror universe in 1967, so they must have.

Tvtyrant
2015-01-24, 02:54 PM

All decisions ever made were inevitable until Fate got hit by a car in 1961.

theNater
2015-01-24, 03:46 PM
All decisions ever made were inevitable until Fate got hit by a car in 1961.
You'd think Fate would have seen it coming.

Flickerdart
2015-01-24, 04:28 PM
Captain Kirk went to the mirror universe in 1967, so they must have.
The Batman show lasted until '68, so it does make sense that Robin would know about them.

Zaydos
2015-01-24, 04:37 PM

Also Earth-Two had appeared in DC comics as of 1961.

grolim
2015-01-25, 12:57 AM
You'd think Fate would have seen it coming.

Unless he was destined not to.

Eldan
2015-01-25, 04:51 AM
Fate and Destiny have a long and well-established feud.