PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Creating WoW Heroes in 3.P

Gizmo777
2015-01-21, 05:51 PM
Whether or not you like World of Warcraft or how you feel MMO's have effected the DnD and Pathfinder experience is not important. I am curious though, how would you stat the big heroes of the factions? Such as Thrall or Sylvanus.

I look forward to this creations!!!

Seerow
2015-01-21, 06:15 PM
Thrall is probably some sort of Gish with Wu-Jen as the caster side of it.

I have no idea what Sylvanas' special abilities are besides being undead and animated undead. So based on that probably Dread Necromancer with some form of undead template (I'd say most Undead are necropolitans, but Sylvanas seems to be something else).

Mystral
2015-01-21, 06:44 PM
Thrall is probably some sort of Gish with Wu-Jen as the caster side of it.

I have no idea what Sylvanas' special abilities are besides being undead and animated undead. So based on that probably Dread Necromancer with some form of undead template (I'd say most Undead are necropolitans, but Sylvanas seems to be something else).

Sylvanas would be a ranger, mixed with some dark magic. Maybe cleric?

Alent
2015-01-21, 07:22 PM
Most of the important WoW heroes have class levels in the only PrC that matters (http://rustyandco.com/comic/23/).

But that joke aside, my favorite way to simulate WoW Shaman is a refluffed Urlock Eldritch Disciple. It gets you all the important abilities save for the ghostwolf minions. (Chain heal, Eldritch Glaive/claws for Enhancement, regular eldritch blast for lightning bolt/chain lightning.)

As far as Sylvanas... Going to go out on a limb here and suggest Bard. Archery, check. Mindcontrol, check. Enough charisma to get away with planar binding a balor, check. Banshee singing, check.

Varian Wrynn to the best of my knowledge is a whirlwind warrior.

All of the Wizard figures should translate fairly literally, although some might be more sorcerer than wizard.

Kael'thas is a Druid that traded away Wildshape for a celestial bird of prey animal companion and only prepares flamestrike and Reverse gravity.

Lady Liadrin is a Cleric + Prestige Paladin according to her backstory. I'm not sure where most of the other paladin heroes fall, because most of them tend to be there for the Worf Effect. (Some more literally than others. I'm looking at you, Vindicator Maraad.)

tadkins
2015-01-21, 07:31 PM
Garrosh Hellscream would probably make a good, standard optimized Orc Barbarian.

Jigawatts
2015-01-22, 01:14 AM
Thrall is a level 20 gestalt Pathfinder Fighter//Shaman.

Hazrond
2015-01-22, 01:31 AM
Thrall is a level 20 gestalt Pathfinder Fighter//Shaman.

hes obviously using the Scarred Witch Doctor archetype with a homebrewed option to use his scars as his spellbook instead of a mask

ben-zayb
2015-01-22, 09:11 AM
Saurfang will either be the DM, an unstattable creature, or a refluffed Lady of Pain who uses Cleave instead of Maze.

Jaina can either be a Conjurer Wizard who focuses on offensive/defensive (Teleportation) and [Cold] spells, or a Nomad Psion.

Arthas would have to be some a result of Fusion between an epic-level good-turned-evil Cleric/Contemplative and his "deity".

Vhaidara
2015-01-22, 10:00 AM
Arthas would have to be some a result of Fusion between an epic-level good-turned-evil Cleric/Contemplative and his "deity".

I actually put Arthas as a custom cold-archetyped Fallen Paladin/Blackguard//Warder (from Path of War)

Gizmo777
2015-01-27, 06:29 PM
I think Rexxar is pretty easily a Ranger focusing on TWF with some archery. Also with the feat that allows for the animal companion to scale with Druid levels.

Edit: Fixed Rexxar's feats.

Gizmo777
2015-01-27, 07:56 PM
I would also like to extend this thread to include Diablo characters as well. Could be interesting! I look forward to Tyrael, Mephisto, Baal, and Diablo stat ups.

Snowbluff
2015-01-27, 08:24 PM
Tyrael is actually an Outsider. I might give him some levels of... something in addition of being a Solar.

Gizmo777
2015-01-27, 09:09 PM
Tyrael seemed like the easiest of all to convert.

Greymane
2015-01-27, 10:47 PM
There's a d20 Warcraft RPG. Technically two of them. One of the books (Shadows and Light I think?) stats out a lot of the main and canon characters, albeit poorly at times (Ronin may be a mary sue, but Sorcerer 10/Wizard10 is a bad build).

Spore
2015-01-28, 12:10 AM
I think Rexxar is pretty easily a Ranger focusing on archery with some TWF fighting feats for the axes. Also with the feat that allows for the animal companion to scale with Druid levels.

I feel that Rexxar's combat relies much more on melee combat as the archery theme is only applied to him from the WoW/Hearthstone class standpoint (melee hunters no longer existing).

As far as Sylvanas... Going to go out on a limb here and suggest Bard. Archery, check. Mindcontrol, check. Enough charisma to get away with planar binding a balor, check. Banshee singing, check.

Varimathras was never really bound...

Gizmo777
2015-01-28, 09:46 AM
Varimathras was never really bound...[/QUOTE]

Why was he helping Sylvanus? If you don't mind me asking.

Psyren
2015-01-28, 09:58 AM
Why was he helping Sylvanus? If you don't mind me asking.

Cause she killed his co-workers and would have killed him if he didn't sign up (WC3:TFT.) And then he ended up betraying her anyway, becoming a raid boss and being wiped out permanently (WoW: WotLK.)

As far as statting the Forsaken, they're sort of like Dhampir, but closer to ghouls than vampires, if that makes sense. Still humanoid but rotting and with a few undead perks.

Larkas
2015-01-28, 10:27 AM
Considering that there are Warcraft RPG and WoW RPG d20 sourcebooks, I'd probably try starting there.

Raimun
2015-01-28, 02:22 PM
I would stat them with the WoW-RPG.

Anything else does not compute.