PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Poisons! (Questions, primarily)

Crustypeanut
2015-01-21, 07:30 PM
Hey guys, I've got a few questions for you on poisons. I have yet to find any 'definitive' answers on this particular questions, since none of them are explicitly stated.

First off, it IS stated that, unlike Contact and Injury poisons, you can stack Inhaled and Injested poisons. However, no where does it state the maximum limit of how many you can stack in one container. Normally, one would assume that, like a potion, a single dose of poison is stored in a 1-ounce vial. My GM and I both agree on this. Now, considering that a Flask can hold 1-pint (aka 16-ounces!), then we should be able to put 16 doses of an inhaled/ingested poison into that flask for stacking purposes, yes?

Obviously, no one would just gulp down a flask of ingested poison (at least not all at once), but it might be safe to assume that if you throw a flask full of inhaled poison, then they'd inhale fully concentrated dose of that poison (16 stacked), right? Neither of us are sure on this, and he's worried that me Poison Conversioning Drow Poison into an inhaled poison then stacking it into a flask might be a bit OP. By a bit OP, I mean a DC 43 Fortitude save to avoid for that Drow Poison.

Now, the second question is about inhaled poison and how long do the 10ft clouds of them last. In my own campaigns I'm DMing, I rule they last for 1 minute before dispersing, excluding where theres wind. What do you guys think? How long should a cloud of inhaled poison last, if one is assuming a windless dungeon?

Thanks for your answers/comments/etc!