PDA

View Full Version : Tips for a fey-themed warlock [3.5]

Bad Wolf
2015-01-21, 07:40 PM
Exactly What it Says on the Tin. I need help with prestige classes and which invocations to take. I'm going to take a Item Creation feat at 12th level to take advantage of the Imbue Item feat, though I'm not sure which one. I'm thinking Scribe Scroll. Any advice will be welcome.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm also a gestalt Sorcerer.

Xerlith
2015-01-21, 07:45 PM
Take a long and hard look at the Chameleon class. Two-level dip gives you ALL the item creation feats (well, the non-prereq ones at least).

Bad Wolf
2015-01-21, 07:56 PM
Take a long and hard look at the Chameleon class. Two-level dip gives you ALL the item creation feats (well, the non-prereq ones at least).

Im a Sidhe (third party book Fey), but thanks.

Oh and I feel like I should mention this, I'm also a gestalt Sorcerer heading into Wild Soul.

herrhauptmann
2015-01-21, 08:36 PM
Im a Sidhe (third party book Fey), but thanks.

Oh and I feel like I should mention this, I'm also a gestalt Sorcerer heading into Wild Soul.

Definitely give all details.
Does the Dm let you take more than one prc at a time?
Alignment?
Allowed books?
Starting level? Expected ending level?
Feats taht are already tied up?
Details on this third party Sidhe?

Bad Wolf
2015-01-21, 09:56 PM
Definitely give all details.
Does the Dm let you take more than one prc at a time?
Alignment?
Allowed books?
Starting level? Expected ending level?
Feats taht are already tied up?
Details on this third party Sidhe?

Alignments CN, all core books plus Dragon Magazine, starting level is 8, and not decided. My decided feats are Nymph's Kiss (ruled to be non-exalted), Item Familiar, and Apprentice (Spellcaster). Though if anyone knows a better way to get knowledge (nature) I'm up for it.

Dual prestiging is allowed.

The Sidhe have a +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy and Sense Motive, with a -2 to Str and Con, and a +6 bonus to Charisma. No LA.

Im planning on grabbing the Spark template, and maybe Half-Fey and Unseelie Fey if he let's me. He's still making up his mind.

Troacctid
2015-01-21, 10:05 PM
Knowledge Devotion gets you a knowledge of your choice as a permanent class skill and also gives you an insight bonus to attack and damage rolls. This may or may not be better than the side benefits of Apprentice.

Wow that race is strong. No LA? Crazy.

Tarlek Flamehai
2015-01-21, 10:13 PM
Fey Feature archive. I would read them all, were I you. Dark Hunter would be a very flavorful PrC, and Beauty's Bounty is a feat worth considering.

http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/fey

herrhauptmann
2015-01-21, 10:18 PM
A half-fey Sidhe sounds very odd to me.
Right up there with a half-dragon dragon.

Anyway, someone asked for similar help not too long ago. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?393841-Warlock-help
Your big go-tos will be Eldritch claws and Eldritch Glaive if melee. Eldritch spear for longer distance for your ranged EB.
Quicken SLA. And Mortalbane to boost all of your EBs, but each individual one can only be modified 5 times a day.

So your glaive 5/day. Then your claws 5/day. Then your spear 5/day...

Bad Wolf
2015-01-22, 01:06 AM
A half-fey Sidhe sounds very odd to me.
Right up there with a half-dragon dragon.

Anyway, someone asked for similar help not too long ago. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?393841-Warlock-help
Your big go-tos will be Eldritch claws and Eldritch Glaive if melee. Eldritch spear for longer distance for your ranged EB.
Quicken SLA. And Mortalbane to boost all of your EBs, but each individual one can only be modified 5 times a day.

So your glaive 5/day. Then your claws 5/day. Then your spear 5/day...

I see it as being extra pure with bloodlines.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll be a long range warlock. Maybe get Eldritch Spear and Mortalbane, that seems nasty. I'll pick up Quicken SLA.

Does anyone know any good, perhaps fey-themed prestige classes I could take?

Feint's End
2015-01-22, 02:52 AM
Alignments CN, all core books plus Dragon Magazine, starting level is 8, and not decided. My decided feats are Nymph's Kiss (ruled to be non-exalted), Item Familiar, and Apprentice (Spellcaster). Though if anyone knows a better way to get knowledge (nature) I'm up for it.

Dual prestiging is allowed.

The Sidhe have a +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy and Sense Motive, with a -2 to Str and Con, and a +6 bonus to Charisma. No LA.

Im planning on grabbing the Spark template, and maybe Half-Fey and Unseelie Fey if he let's me. He's still making up his mind.

IIRC nymphs kiss is neither core or dragon magazine so you might want to specify what you mean with core (also you are allowed to play sidhe which is 3rd party ... badly balanced third party might I add)

Tarlek Flamehai
2015-01-22, 07:03 AM
Dark Hunter is a perfect PrC, theme-wise, for an unseelie sidhe. 3/4 BAB, movement boosts, 4th level spells, a list of some of the most useful core arcane spells in the game, d6 HD, good Fort&Ref saves, Scent, Freedom of Movement. To get in you will probably need to dip ranger though.

Also you should check this thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=12418398&postcount=6

Bad Wolf
2015-01-22, 09:55 AM
IIRC nymphs kiss is neither core or dragon magazine so you might want to specify what you mean with core (also you are allowed to play sidhe which is 3rd party ... badly balanced third party might I add)
I meant first party, not core. Sorry.

Dark Hunter is a perfect PrC, theme-wise, for an unseelie sidhe. 3/4 BAB, movement boosts, 4th level spells, a list of some of the most useful core arcane spells in the game, d6 HD, good Fort&Ref saves, Scent, Freedom of Movement. To get in you will probably need to dip ranger though.

Also you should check this thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=12418398&postcount=6

Probably won't work out for me. I'm a gestalt Sorcerer/Warlock, and dipping about three or four levels of ranger to get a small selection of arcane spells seems...redundant. But thanks.

Links not working, it just displays a blank white page.

ZamielVanWeber
2015-01-22, 10:04 AM
Works for me, although the table is broken on all of them. Question: where are you going with that Item Familiar? I am just curious

Bad Wolf
2015-01-22, 04:34 PM
Works for me, although the table is broken on all of them. Question: where are you going with that Item Familiar? I am just curious

XP bonus. And I like the idea of a sentient magical item.

nedz
2015-01-22, 04:48 PM
You asked about Knowledge (Nature)

All Knowledge skills Education Feat – Several sources
All Knowledge skills Draconic Knowledge (requires Draconic heritage) - Dragon Magic
Any Knowledge skills Apprentice (philosopher) - DMG II (also sense motive)
Any Knowledge skills Apprentice (spellcaster) - DMG II (also use magic device)
Any Knowledge skills Knowlege Devotion (feat) - Complete Champion
Any Knowledge skills Primordial Giant (template) - Secrets of Xen'drik
Knowledge Nature: Apprentice (woodsman) - DMG II (also survival)

That do you ?

Bad Wolf
2015-01-22, 07:09 PM
You asked about Knowledge (Nature)

All Knowledge skills Education Feat – Several sources
All Knowledge skills Draconic Knowledge (requires Draconic heritage) - Dragon Magic
Any Knowledge skills Apprentice (philosopher) - DMG II (also sense motive)
Any Knowledge skills Apprentice (spellcaster) - DMG II (also use magic device)
Any Knowledge skills Knowlege Devotion (feat) - Complete Champion
Any Knowledge skills Primordial Giant (template) - Secrets of Xen'drik
Knowledge Nature: Apprentice (woodsman) - DMG II (also survival)

That do you ?

Yes, thank you.

Tarlek Flamehai
2015-01-22, 09:52 PM
If the link is not working for you, search for "Re: [3.5] The Fey Compendium" thread by HeadlessMermaid.

It has a list of over 60 classes with fey themes.

Bad Wolf
2015-01-22, 11:06 PM
If the link is not working for you, search for "Re: [3.5] The Fey Compendium" thread by HeadlessMermaid.

It has a list of over 60 classes with fey themes.

Thank you.