PDA

View Full Version : Questions on a Build

creakyaccordion
2015-01-21, 08:11 PM
Hey guys! I've been trying to make a fun Heavy Crossbow focused sniper kind of build, taking a few levels in fighter and then putting the rest into the Assassin tree of Rogue, to get that sweet sweet sneak attack damage and assassinate damage when sniping in the shadows. The only part of the build I'm not solid on is whether I should take 1 level of Fighter or 3. I'm starting as a Variant Human so I can get Sharpshooter from the start, and it basically comes down to whether having the basic Battle Master stuff is worth an extra d6 of sneak attack damage, Elusive and getting Death Strike two levels earlier. What do you guys think?

Alucard2099
2015-01-21, 08:13 PM
Having the battle master, mainly feint attack, can assure you get your SA damage

CrusaderJoe
2015-01-21, 08:13 PM
Hey guys! I've been trying to make a fun Heavy Crossbow focused sniper kind of build, taking a few levels in fighter and then putting the rest into the Assassin tree of Rogue, to get that sweet sweet sneak attack damage and assassinate damage when sniping in the shadows. The only part of the build I'm not solid on is whether I should take 1 level of Fighter or 3. I'm starting as a Variant Human so I can get Sharpshooter from the start, and it basically comes down to whether having the basic Battle Master stuff is worth an extra d6 of sneak attack damage, Elusive and getting Death Strike two levels earlier. What do you guys think?

Really no matter what, if you take 1 level of fighter then go ahead and take 2 levels.

Action Surge really is that good. Specially if you really need to hit and you miss with your attack.

Tarrab
2015-01-22, 11:49 AM
How bout you then focus on a few levels of Ranger. I wonder if Assassinate would work with Horde Breaker or Colossus Slayer, plus the spells for Archer the Ranger gives are kinda sweet!
You would have made the Ranger fans happy for finally making it worth a damn!